The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Order of Votes Read"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Order of Votes Read"
Something's bothered me for a very long time. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. But I find it disturbing cos I find that it has appeared too many times to be coincidental.

Whenever JP reads the votes, notice that the "swing vote" or "deciding vote" is always read last, without fail. And when I mean the "deciding vote", I mean the exact person with the exact handwriting on the vote paper.

Some examples
S4
Kathy's vote against Sean.
We all know it was going to be the swing vote. But when she was voting that time it was edited out, when the votes were read, it had to be the last one read after the votes were tied 2-2. I recognised that because I compared the handwriting. My point here is that couldn't there be a chance that Kathy's vote was read first and the tally was 3-1 before Neleh's second vote was called out? And since 3 pple voted for Sean, why does it have to be Kathy's vote that was read out last?

Vecepia's win
Why does Vecepia's 4th vote have to be read out last? Could there have been a possibility that her 4 votes were all read out before Neleh's 3 votes? Same goes for Tina in S2.

Classic example in S5
Helen's vote. Why does it have to be last? Her handwriting was quite unique and would be very obvious if it was read out early. My question is how come it has to be the last, the "swing vote"?

I remembered many other instances where the last votes read were always not edited in the voting process but I can't come up with the examples right now. Maybe they edited it and simulated Jeff reading the votes again?

Any comments?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Order of Votes Read jkokoj 10-16-02 1
 RE: Order of Votes Read MC_Hampster 10-16-02 2
 RE: Order of Votes Read SurvivinDawg 10-16-02 3
   RE: Order of Votes Read Brownroach 10-16-02 4
       You better know their names...and o... Rain Crow 10-16-02 5
           RE: You better know their names...a... lroy 10-16-02 6
           RE: You better know their names...a... Brownroach 10-16-02 7
               RE: You better know their names...a... ulalame 10-16-02 10
   RE: Order of Votes Read ZJ 10-16-02 8
       RE: Order of Votes Read managerr 10-16-02 9
           Helen's vote s_man 10-16-02 11
               RE: Helen's vote Spidey 10-16-02 12
                   RE: Helen's vote oatarut 10-16-02 13
                       RE: pen placement janisella 10-17-02 14
           RE: Order of Votes Read Draco Malfoy 10-17-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
I think it is all in the editing. They want the suspense to be there for the viewers.

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
Jeff has said in interviews before that they look at the votes and order them before he reads them for maximum suspense value.

-MC

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
No personal offence intended, ZJ, but:

*DUH!*

Yes, it is well known that JP re-orders the vote. Another example: in S-3 when Linda was booted. JP ordered it 3 in a row for Silas, then 4 in a row for Linda. This was done after Silas demanded that everyone vote for Lindsey. Then we got to see Frank's smile as those votes for Silas were read. I enjoyed that moment myself, one of the very few good moments of S-3.

There are plenty of other examples, but the basic order when close:

Bootee gets first one or two, then non-bootee (the "other" guy) gets read and takes the vote lead, then bootee makes a "comeback" and is waxed. This scenario happened very frequently in S-4.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
This has nothing to do with vote order, but another observation I've made is that people are generally spelling each other's names correctly. I think this was true of S4 as well -- most people spelled Vecepia accurately when voting for her. In this installment, John spelled "Ghandia" correctly at the very first TC, and so did Helen last week (Brian left out the "n" but had the "h" in the right place). We also saw 2 out of 3 votes for Shii spelled correctly. Both names might have been subject to more misspellings IMO.

Do the contestants get some sort of list of names to refer to? I can't imagine that they ask each other for the correct spelling ahead of time -- that would be, uh, tactless.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-16-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "You better know their names...and other stuff too!"
It is absolutely critical to get to know your fellow survivors names, family members, hobbies, tattoos, scars, etc., etc. At least once, ususually during the "Fallen Comrades" challenge, your very survival will depend on how much you know about everyone else. Some survivors have even kept notes in a journal!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-16-02, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You better know their names...and other stuff too!"
But Rain Crow, you forget the all new challenges this season. So no Fallen Comrades IC this show. They'll have a "Has Been Media Whores" IC...

This is only a guess...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You better know their names...and other stuff too!"
Of course, Rain Crow. But I just wondered how John knew the exact spelling of "Ghandia" after only three days. If she told him she was named after Gandhi, he might have written "Gandhia". Was it just a lucky guess?

Maybe they go over the spelling of their names as an introductory ritual. "So do you spell John with an "h" or without?" "Is it B-r-y-a-n or B-r-i-a-n?" That would be pretty funny.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: You better know their names...and other stuff too!"
She probably told them she was named after Ghandi.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
The reason why I posted this was because I had no idea that the votes were actually arranged.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-16-02, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
Yes, and also, some Survivors in the past have said to have learned their tribemates handwriting and had ways to mark their votes. Therefore in order to ensure maximum suspense value at TC, you'd think Jiffy made sure that the right vote was read last. (That way you wouldn't hear Ghandia groan if Helen's vote was read first--in the off chance she knew Helen's writing)

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Helen's vote"
I THINK (without re-watching) that Helen's vote was actually read FIRST last time - which most casual viewers wouldn't notice, but I CERTAINLY did note.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Helen's vote"
No, Helen's vote was clearly read last. Brian's misspelled Ghadia, Ted's "G" and Clay's "Denver Diva" all preceeded Helen's 4th and decisive vote for "Ghandia" in fancy girl script.

(As a side note, I am surprised navy lady has such pretty handwriting. I also knew right away that Helen was voting for Ghandia because she put her pen to the far, far edge of the paper before the camera cut away. No one needs all that room to write a four letter name.)

oatarut 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oatarut Click to send private message to oatarut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Helen's vote"
When someone's vote isnt shown, just a shot of them opening the pen and starting to write, I try to notice where they are placing the pen. Because on some letters you start from the bottom, on others at the top. Just something I notice.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: pen placement"
MB has noticed that we notice that, which is why he's getting more clever about editing to the moment before they start writing.

>When someone's vote isnt shown, just
>a shot of them opening
>the pen and starting to
>write, I try to notice
>where they are placing the
>pen. Because on some letters
>you start from the bottom,
>on others at the top.
>Just something I notice.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Order of Votes Read"
I do this all the time. I can usually remember handwriting on this show, which I admit takes some of the shock out of things for me. Smart move on MB's part, then, making sure that the final vote was the one we hadn't seen being written.

When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign, all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •