The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More Lance Armstrong discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Current Message

AyaK 10322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-11, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More Lance Armstrong discussion"
It seems that the Tour of California, the only major US bike race, has become the preferred time for Lance attacks. For the second year in a row, the Tour was overshadowed by more charges against Lance, some sensible and some improbable.

Last year, the charges came from Floyd Landis. This year, they came from Tyler Hamilton. Both have one thing in common that they don't share with Lance: their careers were ended by positive doping tests: Landis during the 2006 Tour de France (which was followed by a need for hip surgery); Hamilton three times -- during the 2004 Olympics, the 2004 Vuelta a Espana, and an off-season positive steroid test in 2009 (which led to an 8-year ban).

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/tyler-hamilton-positive-again-21269/

As I've said before, I believe that Lance used EPO during the 1999 Tour, when he rode with his weakest team and recorded his fastest time. So, to the extent that Hamilton claimed that Lance used EPO then, I believe him. I also believe that every other team in that race was using EPO.

The charges about later years are more difficult to evaluate. I figure that Lance's association with Dr. Ferrari was so that he could move to a blood transfusion regimen for subsequent Tours. I also expected that he quit blood doping after he split from Dr. Ferrari at the end of 2003 (which is when he won his fifth Tour). Hamilton claims that he saw Lance using EPO at this time, but that would be inconsistent with what we think we know. That tends to call all of Hamilton's charges into question.

Similarly, Hamilton's charge that Lance tested positive during the 2001 Tour of Switzerland but bribed his way out of it sounds good if you're a conspiracy theorist or a reporter with no knowledge of pro cycling. But it sounds nuts to me. There are simply too many people with access to such tests through WADA (the World Anti-Doping Agency, which is associated with the IOC) for anything to be successfully covered up through a bribe. This is as crazy as Landis' charge that USPS faked a bus breakdown so the whole team could dope during one Tour. If that was true, the bus driver could put his kids through college with the amount of money that he could earn by selling his story to the European press.

So what did George Hincapie testify to in front of the grand jury? And how could CBS have known it? I don't know, and there is no reason to credit the rumors, which probably came from one of the lawyers somehow involved in the case.

If Hincapie testified that all of Postal took EPO prior to the 1999 Tour, I'd believe it. But we'll have to wait and see. And I really doubt that there was any team-wide doping program after Vladi Ekimov rejoined US Postal at the start of the 2000 season -- although, again, if Hincapie and Kevin Livington testified otherwise, I'd believe them.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More Lance Armstrong discussion   AyaK     05-23-11       
   RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   michel     05-23-11     1  
     RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   AyaK     05-23-11     2  
         RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   michel     05-24-11     3  
             RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   AyaK     05-26-11     4  
                 RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   michel     05-26-11     5  
                     RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   AyaK     05-27-11     6  
                         RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   michel     05-27-11     7  
   End of the investigation   AyaK     02-03-12     8  
     A dupe strikes back   AyaK     02-04-12     9  
         RE: A dupe strikes back   kingfish     02-04-12     10  
             RE: A dupe strikes back   Starshine     02-05-12     11  
                 RE: A dupe strikes back   Snidget     02-05-12     13  
     RE: End of the investigation   michel     02-05-12     12  
         RE: End of the investigation   AyaK     02-06-12     16  
             To be fair . . .   AyaK     02-06-12     18  
   Contador's 2010 TdF title stripped   AyaK     02-06-12     14  
     RE: Contador's 2010 TdF title strip...   Estee     02-06-12     15  
         RE: Contador's 2010 TdF title strip...   kingfish     02-06-12     17  
             The fate of SaxoBank   AyaK     02-09-12     20  
     RE: Contador's 2010 TdF title strip...   byoffer     02-10-12     23  
         RE: Contador's 2010 TdF title strip...   AyaK     02-10-12     24  
   The Ullrich case   AyaK     02-08-12     19  
     Ullrich found guilty   AyaK     02-09-12     21  
     RE: The Ullrich case   kingfish     02-09-12     22  
         RE: The Ullrich case   AyaK     02-10-12     25  
             RE: The Ullrich case   kingfish     02-11-12     26  
                 RE: The Ullrich case   AyaK     02-12-12     27  
   RE: More Lance Armstrong discussion   trigirl     02-29-12     28  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •