The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NBA playoff discussion/complaining ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Gothmog 2885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-17-11, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NBA playoff discussion/complaining ..."
Three rounds in, and there's no NBA playoff thread? Either there's a lot of apathy about the NBA, or... ok, I got nothing. There must be a lot of apathy about the NBA. Maybe you're all just NCAA fans. Which means you should be able to appreciate my dilemma.

The nice thing about college sports is that players usually aren't around long enough to move from teams that you hate to teams that you like, (Justin Boren aside). Once a player becomes a target for your fanatic vitriol, they usually can stay a target for the remainder of their collegiate career, and you can boo them (or throw water bottles at their parents) to your heart's content.

Now I don't want to go into a long story about where my favorite teams are and why; just suffice it to say that I've always grown up loving the Bulls. Even pre-Jordan. Even pre-Gilmore. (I know, "Who"?) Regarding college sports, I've also grown up loving the OSU Buckeyes and KY Wildcats. Which means that there are certain college teams (and by extension, players) I hate with the passion of 10,000 suns, including anyone who ever played for M*ch*g*n, Fl*r*da, (pardon my foul language) and DookSUUUUX!

So this NBA season has been a conundrum of the highest proportions for me. Here I find my Bulls stacked with the following:
1) a one-and-done illiterate victim of the sanctimonious NCAA exploitation machine who is largely responsible for chasing a sleazeball coach into the waiting arms of my beloved KY Wildcats, where he's bound to kill the program with his slimy recruiting tactics
2) a one-and-done punk-assed beyotch from DookSUUUUUUUX,
3) another punk-assed beyotch from DookSUUUUX whose unfortunate alcoholic-like name still gives my Maryland friends PTSD eye-twitches to this day, 10 years after the "water bottle" game
4) a recently-drafted thug from the USC Condoms (another hated team),
5) a pasty-faced, gap-toothed, mealy-mouthed, Medusa-locked, fugly, sonuvaFroggin hack from that most vile of all vile SEC schools and who is one of the primary reasons why that most vile of all vile SEC schools needs to be buried neck-deep in a carefully-mixed concoction of its own vomit and excrement for the next 40 or so years (not that I'm bitter about 2007. Oh no)
and 6) Ashton Kutcher.

And yes, the Bulls DO have a starting 2-guard from my beloved KY Wildcats, who probably lead the league this past season in LEAST number of minutes played of any starting 2-guard in the league.

So tell me: how do I root for these guys? How do I keep my gut instinct in check and refrain from pelting them with water bottles? I mean, these are the BULLS, right? I should be happy. Any suggestions?

It helps that they're currently playing the Miami Asshats, but still...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 NBA playoff discussion/complaining ...   Gothmog     05-17-11       
   At least you're not a Cavs fan.   Estee     05-17-11     1  
     Looks at NBA map   vince3     05-18-11     3  
         RE: Looks at NBA map   AyaK     05-20-11     7  
             RE: Looks at NBA map   vince3     05-20-11     8  
   RE: NBA playoff discussion/complain...   PepeLePew13     05-18-11     2  
   Rigged?   HobbsofMI     05-18-11     4  
     RE: Rigged?   Estee     05-18-11     5  
         RE: Rigged?   HobbsofMI     05-19-11     6  
   RE: NBA playoff discussion/complain...   samboohoo     05-26-11     9  
   Maybe they flipped a coin.   Estee     05-27-11     10  
   RE: NBA playoff discussion/complain...   Round Robin     06-01-11     11  
   With Dallas up 3-2...   Estee     06-10-11     12  
     RE: With Dallas up 3-2...   PepeLePew13     06-11-11     13  
         RE: With Dallas up 3-2...   AyaK     06-11-11     14  
             RE: With Dallas up 3-2...   Estee     06-11-11     15  
   Latest joke going around...   PepeLePew13     06-12-11     16  
     RE: Latest joke going around...   Estee     06-12-11     17  
   Game #6: end of 1st.   Estee     06-12-11     18  
     Halfway through 2nd.   Estee     06-12-11     19  
         RE: Halfway through 2nd.   vince3     06-12-11     20  
   Now serving up technicals.   Estee     06-12-11     21  
   Dirk currently 1-for-9.   Estee     06-12-11     22  
   End of the half: Mavs lead by two.   Estee     06-12-11     23  
   We are all witnesses   Estee     06-12-11     24  
   Dallas wins   vince3     06-12-11     25  
   Class.   Estee     06-12-11     26  
     RE: Class.   AyaK     06-13-11     27  
         RE: Class.   PepeLePew13     06-13-11     28  
             No Class:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert tak...   HobbsofMI     06-13-11     29  
                 RE: No Class:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert...   PepeLePew13     06-13-11     30  
                     RE: No Class:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert...   HobbsofMI     06-13-11     31  
                         RE: No Class:Cavs owner Dan Gilbert...   AyaK     06-13-11     35  
   LeBron's postgame speech.   Estee     06-13-11     32  
   The parade's on him.   Estee     06-13-11     33  
   No 'there' there.   Estee     06-13-11     34  
   A New Trend?   michel     06-13-11     36  
     RE: A New Trend?   PepeLePew13     06-13-11     37  
         RE: A New Trend?   AyaK     06-14-11     38  
             RE: A New Trend?   vince3     06-14-11     39  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •