The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-02, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
These are just some larger vidcaps of Jiffy and the giant chess piece-like things behind him. This definitely seems to be a well-lit site, and the detail on the pieces is very high

Below are a couple of actual size shots of the pieces:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps Yogi 10-11-02 1
   RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps bergdogg 10-11-02 2
       RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-11-02 3
   Two colours Cathy the Canadian 10-11-02 10
       Red and Black... IceCat 10-11-02 19
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps Chrissy gal 10-11-02 4
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps PepeLePew13 10-11-02 5
 They are Just Background Set Dressi... IceCat 10-11-02 6
   RE: They are Just Background Set Dr... SmokeWilliams 10-11-02 7
   RE: They are Just Background Set Dr... GuessItRains 10-11-02 8
       RE: They are Just Background Set Dr... jkokoj 10-11-02 9
           RE: They are Just Background Set Dr... SurvivorBlows 10-11-02 11
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps snoocharoo 10-11-02 12
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps Q 10-11-02 13
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps ShowMeTheWinner 10-11-02 14
   Not a Bad Piece of Speculation... IceCat 10-11-02 15
       Would anyone switch without immunit... GuessItRains 10-11-02 17
           Jan Would Switch... Here's Why: IceCat 10-11-02 18
 RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps Breezy 10-11-02 16
   RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps corcam 10-11-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-02, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 01:10 AM (EST)

Very nice work SB.

When I see the '3' chesslike pieces all I keep thinking is 3 tribes.

Another idea I was speculating about is something like a 'reverse auction'.
The members bid on the dollar amount they would accept to be the
next survivor to leave the island. That really doesn't explain on how it
would 'change the entire game' but it certainly would be interesting.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-11-02, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
I believe that how it will play out is if the Survivors offer to put themselves into a game of chance. If they decide to stay out, they will stay onto their current tribe. If they decide to play, they will randomly choose thier spot onto some type of game board and play a version of an ancient thai game. I believe that they get eliminated in a certain order, which in one way or another will choose their tribes.

Most of this is just speculation, but it seems to tie everything in with the vidcaps we have been offered.

Can my Twins win the WHOLE THING??

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 03:38 AM (EST)

bergdogg,
I think your idea's very intriguing.
It puts an intermediate step of uncertainty into the mix, rather than offering them a clear option of Stay or Swap.

So in what you describe, they are able to take their fate into their hands in part, but if they go for the gamble, chance (or a game unfamiliar to them) will ultimately decide.

The ones who don't participate are not in control either, because their tribe will get new members even if they stick.

I'm putting this on the list of possible scenarios.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-11-02, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Two colours"
I know this is pointing out the obvious, but note the pieces are two colours - orange, and what could be purple, just like the tribe colours.

Doesn't look like 3 tribes to me, just the old switcheroo, with some sort of twist involving chance or choice.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Red and Black..."
Look at the walls behind Jiffy at the real TC site...

They are dark red walls with a black inset in the middle of each panel. Just like the color of the urns shown behind Jiffy in the preview. I'm tellin' yah... this is the 'Porta-TC'... a little version of the TC so they can hold the tribal switch.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
Maybe those are containers with food inside. Maybe they can get some food IF they change tribes! That would explain Stephanie's look cuz' she would definately go for some food.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
I'm just wondering if that is a white chess piece in the background (mixed in with the vegetation in the upper left) behind Erin?

I think bergdogg has a real good idea about what may happen next week - it fits with the whole 'chance' atmosphere and we've seen them use life-size game pieces before in several S1-S4 challenges.

If some do opt to take part while others decline, it'll be interesting to see how the people not taking part perceive the ones who are willing to chance taking part - as traitors or as obvious bait for TC?

The only problem I have with bergdogg's suggestion is what if there aren't enough people who want to take part? It becomes a pretty lame challenge if let's say, only Jan, Steph and Robb takes part.

10-11-02, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "They are Just Background Set Dressing..."
The shape of these 'urns' is a motif common to Thai ceramics, architecture, even clothing. This shape appears inside the and outside the Tribal council site and it is even partially echoed on the lid of the voting urn that they use at TC (which to me looks a little too uncomfortably like a Thai funerary urn). Even the square topped pedestal motif appears throughout the TC site.

Jiffy is standing at a countertop-height table or podium. You can tell this as he leans forward on his hands while he is speaking.

What MB has done is make a set for the 'Tribal Swap Meet' that echoes the design of the real TC. The purpose of this stylistic linkage is to give a sense of importance to the proceedings. Other indicators that some effort has gone into the construction of this site are inculding in the lighting. They are using artificial lighting in this shot and there are only two possible reasons for this: 1) They are in a studio (unlikely) 2) They are under a roof (more likely).

I think that there is going to be a vote of some sort where they will have to fill out a ballot (a roof is required so that rain will not fall on the ballots as they are being written). The rain seems to come up fast and without much warning in this part of the world so MB has made a 'Porta-TC' for the 'Tribal-Swap-Meet'. It will have set dressing that echoes the design motif of the big TC and it will have some sort of a cover (even just rain tarps) on it and it will be artificially lit.

Speculation on the nature of the vote that occurs:

Two possibilities:

1) Individual decision to stay in tribe or move (still requires an individual vote - think BootCamp where they vote at a central podium facing the other contestants); or

2) Each tribe member can vote to have someone else on their tribe moved to the other tribe (some sort of majority rule or minimum nummber or required votes rule would have to apply)

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-02, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: They are Just Background Set Dressing..."
I agree with your second point Ice Cat. I think if it is anything they get to choose it is who else to put on the other tribe. They will all have to take part. If they were allowed to either take part or not, I don't see anyone other that Stephanie taking part and that is only because she is sooooo stupid. Going to the other tribe is a death sentence. But these survivors have shown themselves to be extremely stupid so we shouldn't put it past them.

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: They are Just Background Set Dressing..."
The "individual decision" thing is what is bugging me. I can see a zillion problems with the "Each individual decides whether or not to switch tribes" approach. For example

a) Nobody decides to switch. zzzzzz.
b) Only one person (say Stephanie) decides to Switch. Won't the Chewies just boot her out immediately?
c) Maybe you could solve that by offering immunity. But then wouldn't EVERYBODY want to switch tribes to be sure they stay 3 more days. Can't have that.
d) What if a bunch of the Chewies, realizing their boat is gone and water is hard to come by, decide to switch while only Stephanie or nobody chooses to switch out of Sookie? You could end up with an 11-1 or or 10-2 split, which nobody would want. Even if it might be amusing, how do you survive by yourself.? And if a 2 person time went to TC, is it purple rock time again?

I like a variant of your second idea much better Cat. I remember when we first debating the switch in S3 we thought there might be a one-person switch because that had been done in foreign versions of Survivor. Anybody remember this? Each person might have to vote one member of their tribe to the other team.

And if only one tribe member was switching you could give them a 3 day immunity period. That would lead to a whole bunch of strategic thinking. Do the Sookies send Stephanie over, knowing that she might well survive to the merge or keep her around hoping they can persuade whoever they get from Chewie that she really is freaking lazy? Do the Chewie men ship out Jan or Helen and take over household chores themselves?

Note that a Jan/Stephanie switch with one round of immunity might well lead to Robb and Shii Ann going the next two rounds. Chewie, switching out their weakest member, could get an edge in immunity challenges, while Jan might forge an alliance with the Texas Trio to boot two of the more fringe members of Sookie, and our Robb "I don't want to be in the old lady's tribe" comment could come back to haunt him.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: They are Just Background Set Dressing..."
>The "individual decision" thing is what
>is bugging me. I can
>see a zillion problems with
>the "Each individual decides whether
>or not to switch tribes"
>approach.

That is what bothered me as well. Additionally, where is Robb during these vidcaps. We know he has gotten hurt from the promo so does this have something to do with the decision about who to boot next?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: They are Just Background Set Dressing..."
>That is what bothered me as
>well. Additionally, where is
>Robb during these vidcaps.

There are a number of reactions not shown -- those of Robb, Ken, Jake, Clay and Helen. I don't think it means much, they only have a few seconds for the promo.

-SB

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
Did any of you check out JkokoJ's spoiler post. In it the winner of teh Snickers contest visited SJ and notes that between days 16 and 18, the SJ's have the chickens, Steph's fuzzy slippers and Robb's skateboard are still there as are 3 OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?!? Is there a scenario that supports this as the result of Jiffy's offer? Help me out here people, I had a few too many last night and am in a fog.

Snoocharoo

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
I to am wondering about the logistics of a switch like this. Good points made by all so far.

1) this has to be exciting somewhat (i.e. to keep the game high in ratings), so how can the decision be totally up to the survivors? Would anyone go to a tribe alone?? Would even Steph isolate herself more (at least she has Robb at S.J.) Would we end up with a give up your immunity situation where no one takes the deal?

This points to a more complex switch than simple do you want to switch tribes?

2) I like the idea of voting who you want to go to another tribe. I could see them booting Shii, or Step in this case and I can see Chewwy sending Jan or Clay over (heleN is in with the boys I think and works hard to keep them fed). This could, as you guys point out, lead to Shii, and Robb, and Step, and Clay boots if they are in a minority (then they go off smoking with Gone-dia at the LL).

3) they play a game, i.e. choose to play or not, then play to see what tribe they are moved to?

This could very well be, or it could simply be, do you want to open an urn and see what is inside, or do you want what is behind door # 2?

Then there is a buff inside (random) and they change the tribes and the total number of individuals on each tribe based on who wants to open an urn, and what buff is inside.

This could also save the chewwies from total wipe out, as they could get some physical strengh on their tribe, while breaking up the S.J. voting block?

Well, just my thoughts, any more ideas?

Later,

D.R.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-11-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
I've been thinking about how Chuay Gahn would actually make it to the end when they are 5 down now and I think the switch might provide some answers.

How about if each tribe is required to send somebody to the other tribe? If someone volunteers to switch, then the person would have immunity for the next tribal council. If nobody volunteers, then the switch would be random and the person who got switched over would not have immunity at all. Therefore, there is an incentive for a person to switch tribes voluntarily especially if the person would be the next one or two booted off.

Chuay Gahn could make it far if a scenario happens where Stephanie and Jan (it doesn't really matter who actually) went for the voluntary switch to prolong their stay for a few more days. The new Chuay Gahn could be: Ted, Clay, Brian, Helen, and Stephanie and the new Sook Jai could be: Jake, Ken, Erin, Penny, Robb, Shii Ann, and Jan. When IC came along, new Chuay Gahn won the IC and new Sook Jai has to go to TC where they have no choice but to boot off one of their own since Jan has immunity for the TC. They boot off either Robb or Shii Ann. At the next episode, everyone's vulnerable since the TC immunity lasts for just one episode. New Chuay Gahn lost the immunity and they vote off the outsider, Stephanie. We now have only 10 players left in the game and it's time for the merge. The tribe merge as 5 old Sook Jai and 5 old Chuay Gahn. Chuay Gahn won tie-breaker and Pagonged the rest of Sook Jai.

Comments?

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-11-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
15. "Not a Bad Piece of Speculation..."
I am trying to think of way for the same outcome to occur if Jan is the only one to switch and there is no immunity for the person who switches. I think that Jan would switch even if she was not promised immunity.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Would anyone switch without immunity?"
Switching without immunity would be a huge risk for Jan, though I suppose it's possible. Still, she would then be joining a whole bunch of people she didn't pick on the first episode. Would Erin want to stick to the original plan of booting Steph or would she instead move to boot Jan?

Another problem with a Jan solo switch is that Chewie is now outmatched 8-4. Do we really think they can win 2 ICs that way?

If Jiffy's quote that the offer turns out to be no big dealis correct, then maybe everybody turns it down. That would be just like MB to hype up a non-event, as he did with the ability to give away immunity. And we don't have to have a swap for our spoilers to work out.

10-11-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
18. "Jan Would Switch... Here's Why:"
Let's look at Jan's situation:

Jan's alliance with Ghandia and Helen has vaporized...
She is feeling some sense of betrayal with respect to Helen...
Jan has to know she is the next Chuay Gahn to be voted off...
If Jan switches to Sook Jai, she is the next Sook Jai to be voted off...

If you are next to be voted off regardless of what tribe you are on, what do you do?

The answer is quite simple: You switch to the tribe that is most likely to win immunity - Sook Jai!

This scenario is unique to Jan... she will be the only one to switch tribes...

<Copied from a post I made on another thread>

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
"It's an individual decision" could it be that the decision is this. Jeff has food if they take some food then they have to play some sort of game to determine if they switch tribes?

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-11-02, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps"
Actually this would be a great way to trick them into playing their little evil game.

Great place to put the food auction, this is more than likely done at reward so why not add a little twist to it. I personally have always liked the food auctions and it sucked that they didn't have one last season ...

we know that they are basically all starving.... who would turn down a big mac fries and a coke or ice cream for their immortal soul?!?
I sure as hell would take it!!! Bring on the fries!

That way they will aquire more players than just making it boring... even if they do grant individual immunity for one episode it will be boring for just two people to jump on it.

Basically they will be just taking the sitting duck (Stephanie/Jan) and placing it into another pond of barracudas to be killed off by them instead of their own.... I don't see anything exciting about that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •