The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-11-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR
The Survivors receive a shocking offer.

One Survivor's singing drives the others crazy.

Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The shocking offer is no surprise, and could Robb be the singer? For some reason it seems that I read he was in a band or sang some, although the singing could be Jan or guitarman Brian.

After looking at some of the extra clip footage on CBS's website from episode 4, I think the "Tentative Alliance" is between Robb and Shii Ann...in one clip they just actually looked to be having a real conversation...although the alliance could be between Brian and Helen or Jan and Ted or any other pair, I think Robb and Shii Ann are the two most unlikely alliance mates at this point.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 bergdogg 10-11-02 1
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 Krautboy 10-11-02 2
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 tribephyl 10-11-02 3
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 SmokeWilliams 10-11-02 4
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 SurvivinDawg 10-11-02 5
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 Cin 10-11-02 6
   Helen & Clay samboohoo 10-11-02 7
       RE: Helen & Clay ZJ 10-11-02 8
           RE: Unlikely Alliances smrtNsassybnkr 10-11-02 9
               RE: Unlikely Alliances SurvivinDawg 10-11-02 10
                   RE: Unlikely Alliances ZJ 10-12-02 14
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 addictedtoSB 10-16-02 20
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 samiam 10-11-02 11
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 frisky 10-12-02 12
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 ShowMeTheWinner 10-12-02 13
       actually shakes the clown 10-12-02 15
           RE: actually Solitaire 10-12-02 16
           RE: actually ShowMeTheWinner 10-12-02 17
               RE: actually Solitaire 10-13-02 18
                   RE: actually ShowMeTheWinner 10-14-02 19
                       RE: actually VerucaSalt 10-16-02 21
                           RE: actually ShowMeTheWinner 10-16-02 22
                               RE: misdirection LurkerJo 10-18-02 23
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 buddy 10-18-02 24
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5 Loree 10-18-02 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-11-02, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
-The Survivors receive a shocking offer.

Well, this of course is "The Ocean's Surprise" It could be anything from the youngest re-aligning the tribes to choosing whether or not to switch around the tribes, or even make an early merge.

-One Survivor's singing drives the others crazy.

This could be very interesting to see who it is. The interesting point that comes to mind is they choose the term "the other" instead of "their tribemates". Could it just be CBS simply learing how to extend their vocabulary, or is it an indication of an early merge?? (I am leaning towards the first one)

-Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted.

This could also be anything!! It could be tribemates who are on opposing alliances, or it could be members of what used to be the opposing tribe (joined together through swap or early merge) forming a pact.

Can my Twins win the WHOLE THING??

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-11-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
>ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR
>The Survivors receive a shocking offer.

This teaser is probably refering to a "voluntary switch" which will be announced as both tribes arrive at the RC with their buffs available to turn in for a new color...

>
>One Survivor's singing drives the others
>crazy.

I'm thinking this teaser is most likely refering to the Chuay Gahn whose painful singing we've already heard. Ted is most likely singing, relieved that Ghandia is gone...

>
>Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative
>alliance, but neither is sure
>whether the other can be
>trusted.

Since the preview teasers usually say something about each tribe, if the singing is the Chuay Gahn, then the "unlikely tribemates" are on the Sook Jai. Any combination of Robb or Stephanie with Shi Ann or Erin fits the description "unlikely tribemates".

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"

In true misdirection fashion, it might seem that there is indeed an offer, but no one takes it!? Or they vote not to take the offer.
But then again, why even have edited anything about the failed offer into next weeks show, if indeed no one takes it. MB has hundreds of hours of video to choose from and has in past not show entire challenges. So why would he dedicate any part of the show to a failed attempt, of MBs, to shake things up.

One Survivor's singing drives the others crazy.

Well, from the ones we have heard "sing", I can't imagine why it WOULDN'T drive others crazy. But I believe that this may also indicate that some sort of "switch" or "early merge" may indeed happen. I say this only because all of the CG's have heard each other sing and are probably way past gettin' all crazy about it. However at SJ, I haven't heard any singing, from anyone. And I don't believe that any of them are really at their comfort level to start singing now.
But I do see Ted and/or Brian singing for their....New tribemates, who are not completely aware of how...um...Wall-bitingly horrid their voices are. Almost anyone from SJ upon hearing them sing would probably ellicit the same response, uncontrollable *urf*ing. No wonder Tanya left so early. And it obviously drove Ghandia nuts.

Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted.

If the switch happens. Two unlikely Tmates would have to be either one from each tribe, in which case, anyone is possible. Or if they are from the same tribe. The possibilities diminish and we are forced to look at which two are diametrically opposed. Shii-Ann and Stephanie, could fit this very easily as could Shii-Ann and Robb. And to a lesser degree Robb and Stephanie. But it stands out to me that there was all those "she hates me" comments from Shii-Ann, setting it up for next weeks coupling of the two and shuffling them off to CG.

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-02, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
I think part of the misdirection would be that there is some choice in the switch. There is no way MB would go through all the trouble to think up some crazy scheme only to have no one accept it. That would just be stupid. Can you imagine if they all come and Jeff offers them the chance to change and they all mull it over for a minute and say, "No thanks" and that is the end? I don't think so. They will have to choose someone or it is an early merge. No way is it totally up to the survivors what happens. Burnett doesn't even let that happen during Tribal Council!!

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
What we have to remember is that CBS and MB typically overhype these things, to wit:

Individual swap. NOT all that "shocking." But CBS calls it "shocking" to garner interest.

Two unlikely tribemates...

CBS's use of "unlikely" throughout the Survivor series has always failed to live up to the hype.

I'm suspecting Brian and Helen... one is a young man, the other an older woman. Hence, to CBS, this is "unlikely". But we've seen hints at it before.

Of course, strategies revealed don't work, so whoever it is, it's doomed to failure. So this means it could be Shii Ann or Robb or Erin, all presently spoiler candidates for Loser Lodge.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-11-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
I actually think the "unlikely alliance" could be Helen and Clay? I think CBS wants everyone to think of Shii Ann and Robb cause of all the face time they've had being mad at each other, but Helen and Clay do NOT get along, and Helen proved herself a player last night.

I think the singing comes from the Sookie tribe, prolly Robb or maybe even Penny?

Cin

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Helen & Clay"
I think you could be right here Cin with Helen and Clay. Clay has been outspoken about Helen "knowing everything." Helen voted against Clay in Ep. 1, and I think she wanted to last night. But, as I said in the Ep.4 Hindsight Post, I think Helen booted Ghandia last night because she was afraid of letting the rocks decide the tiebreaker. (Ghandia made mention to the rocks while trying to rally Helen to vote out Clay. Helen didn't want to risk picking that purple rock.)

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Helen & Clay"
Agreed. If Ghandia had lost on the rocks, then the tribe would know that it is a split and Helen and Jan are not on the guys side. Then they will be outnumbered numerically

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-11-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Unlikely Alliances"
Do you suppose that Ken and Stephanie would make an "unlikely" alliance? I could swear that when SJ won immunity last night that Step and Ken hugged enthusiastically. But Ken has continually commented on the "laziness" around camp (particually about Jed who was Steph's buddy) This may also assist Steph in being the "underdog" that we all begin to root for? Perhaps the Cop/Firefighter bond begins to kick in???

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Unlikely Alliances"
I think that Ken/Stephanie being the unlikely pair is VERY possible... but work with me on why Ken would risk himself this way. I'm not quite seeing that part.

A swap would change things, however.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Unlikely Alliances"
>I think that Ken/Stephanie being the
>unlikely pair is VERY possible...
>but work with me on
>why Ken would risk himself
>this way. I'm not
>quite seeing that part.
>
Alliances can be made and kept secret. The rest don't have to know.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-02, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
I posted this on another thread but it seems more appropriate here.

In Robb's audition tape he mentions taking voice lessons and trying to sing. I don't know about anyone else, but I can barely tolerate Robb speaking...singing would definetly put me over the edge.

That said, Ted's audition tape shows him "singing" with his dog.
It is most likely one of these 2. I believe Ted knows he can't sing and hams it up when appropriate, like goofing around in the cave with Brian on guitar singing about steak and potatoes.

Robb on the other hand is completely oblivious to his affect on people. He has my vote as the "singer".

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"

Robb and the chickens *grin*

Hmmm...Could it be the chickens' "singing" that drives the Sook Jai tribe crazy? Refresh my memory, wasn't there one of these little CBS spoiler/teaser things in the past that referred to the chickens?

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
"Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted."

Note: Unlikely *tribemates*. Not "unlikely alliance."

This sentence suggests that the fact that the "two" are tribemates is unlikely. i.e. Jan and Steph would be "unlikely tribemates" because they each belong to a different tribe. That is, until one of them switches.

The two are tentative because they just met; they don't know if they can trust one another.

So, why would an original SJ or CG join forces with an outsider? Because they are an outsider within their own tribe. They need an ally.

I think this refers to Jan and Steph post-switch. They seem to be the two most desperate at this point.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
I think they used the same line on Pappy and Neleh-- "two unlikely tribemates". It's interesting this time round though that they said the both of them didn't trust each other as opposed to N&P or Rodger&Liz. I still think that the unlikely tribemates wouldn't be as far fetched as Shii and Robb. My guess is probably Helen and Brian or Helen and Jan.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "actually"
>I think they used the same
>line on Pappy and Neleh--
>"two unlikely tribemates". It's interesting
>this time round though that
>they said the both of
>them didn't trust each other
>as opposed to N&P or
>Rodger&Liz. I still think that
>the unlikely tribemates wouldn't be
>as far fetched as Shii
>and Robb. My guess is
>probably Helen and Brian or
>Helen and Jan.

....the reference was to Pappy and SEAN, not Pappy and heleN. Remember "Two Peas in a Pod"

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: actually"
They also used a similar "unlikely alliance" phrase before the switch in S4 and the two that they were referring to were Kathy and Gina, who became friendly when they were switched to the same tribe. I take the phrase with a grain of salt, because there was really only friendship formed between Kathy and Gina, not any kind of alliance in terms of voting. But I also expect that the focus is on "unlikely tribemates" and that there will be a switch of some sort.

10-12-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: actually"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-02 AT 03:45 AM (EST)

Shakes, I am absolutely 100% certain that the term "unlikely castaways" had been used to describe Pappy and Neleh. Let me dig the archives:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2346&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes
See-BS Misdirection for episode 3, way way before Paschal bonded with Sean.
"Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways".

I remember this line particularly well because I had previously dismissed the Pappy/Neleh as the referred people as their bond didn't seem all that unlikely since we had seen so many clips of them together and we had also seen a similar bond with Rodger/Liz. I'm not surprised if the unlikely castaways this time refer to Steph/Robb, Jake/Penny, Helen/Brian, or Helen/Jan instead of the more unlikely pair of Shii Ann/Steph or Shii Ann/Robb.

Having said that, I'm certainly not discounting the possibility of the Shii Ann/Steph or the Shii Ann/Robb alliance. I just think that we should take the term "unlikely" with a grain of salt and not take it too seriously.

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-02, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: actually"
>LAST EDITED ON 10-13-02
>AT 03:45 AM (EST)

>
>Shakes, I am absolutely 100% certain
>that the term "unlikely castaways"
>had been used to describe
>Pappy and Neleh. Let me
>dig the archives:
>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2346&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes
>See-BS Misdirection for episode 3, way
>way before Paschal bonded with
>Sean.

>"Mutual admiration forms a close bond
>between two unlikely castaways".

>
>I remember this line particularly well
>because I had previously
>dismissed the Pappy/Neleh as the
>referred people as their bond
>didn't seem all that unlikely
>since we had seen so
>many clips of them together
>and we had also seen
>a similar bond with Rodger/Liz.

No, the "close bond" turned out to be between Kathy and Gina. This was the episode of the switch (see my post above) and that's why it was so "unlikely".

10-14-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
19. "RE: actually"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

Ummm... it's the previews for episode 3. Hunter got the boot in episode 3 and the switch had yet to happen then so it's definitely not Kathy and Gina. They only met after the switch and that happened in episode 4. It's definitely Paschal and Neleh.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-16-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: actually"
I thought it referred to Robb and Kathy when they met up to decide on the new name and stuff and made an agreement?

10-16-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: actually"
Yes, the term "unlikely castaways" have been used various times--Frank and Brandon, Paschal and Neleh, Kathy and Rob M. Which goes to prove that the term "unlikely" could really describe anybody who might be different in a way. Shii Ann and Robb would fit the unlikely bill for us spoilers but for other people, even obvious alliances like Clay and Ted could be deemed as unlikely since Paschal and Neleh had been described as unlikely before. They were unlikely from a demographic point of view but they weren't unlikely from a game point of view since they had been shown together a whole bunch of times.

I personally think that the focus of the clue should not be on the unlikely portion but rather on which two castaways would be likely not to trust each other.

LurkerJo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-02, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LurkerJo Click to send private message to LurkerJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: misdirection "
Geez, yeah Helen was singing and it was bad, but I didn't see any evidence of the others being "driven crazy" by it!

Jo

buddy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buddy Click to send private message to buddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
Helen as the singer was so off the charts and not one person said anything about it driving them crazy, HUH?

The "unlikely alliance" should be shii and jake in their talk, but that doesnt fit the question of not trusting each other. You have got to be kidding me that Ted and Brian is the unlikely alliance?

And Robb walked, without even a bandaid, from his "oceans surprise"

And, Chuay losing their boat, although it sucked, shruged it off and swam for water, even before the immunity challenge.

MB is off his rocker in misdirection on this one, the episode was so beyond boring.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
It almost seemed to me that the tribe was encouraging Helen to sing. So that made no sense at all.

I agree this episode was rather boring.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •