The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Darksiders...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-02, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Darksiders...."
In a pre-show interview, Jeff Probst, a.k.a. Jiffy Probe, revealed that there is a lot of backstabbing going on in this episode. JP said that one person will be like another Richard Hatch, and that two people will play the game in a "dark" way...

I submit to you that these two Darksiders are... Jake and Penny.

WHERE are Jake and Penny? Virtually nothing of these two has been seen so far.

Jed said that Jake and Penny were supposed to be watching the fishing net that disappeared. Penny said that it was Jake's fault.

Jed was stunned to be voted out; he thought he had votes for Shii Ann lined up. Who betrayed and backstabbed him? I'm doubtful that it was Shii Ann, and they SHOWED Jed talking to Ken (way too "Hollow" for me).

This leaves, basically, Jake and Penny. Did those two promise Jed to vote for Shii Ann, then turned around and voted him out. As Jed got his torch snuffed, MB showed Jake and Penny's reaction.

How can Shii Ann be voted out? Could these two turn around and wax Shii Ann?

Be watching Jake and Penny... they're strong with the Dark Side of The Force.

Note: This is not all my original thinking, so credit where due: someone named "DevilPenny" first started this line of thinking on SurvivorSucks.com, and I added a few observations of my own.

27-25

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Darksiders.... ShowMeTheWinner 10-09-02 1
 RE: The Darksiders.... true 10-09-02 2
 RE: The Darksiders.... Brownroach 10-09-02 3
   What backstabbing have we already s... Wacko Jacko 10-09-02 4
 RE: The Darksiders.... ulalame 10-09-02 5
 RE: The Darksiders.... snoocharoo 10-09-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-02, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Darksiders...."
I do remember Jiffy saying that there'll be a few people this time who will play the game in a dark way. However, I don't remember him explicitly saying that there would be a lot of backstabbing in this episode. The only time I remember him stating a specific episode was the comment on the physical contact challenge which he said will be evident by episode 3. If I had remembered it wrongly, perhaps you can provide a link to the article so that I can read it again.

I do agree that Penny seems likely to go to the dark side. Her intro shot seems to be that way when she morphed from the all-smiling sweet girl to someone much more serious (kinda gave me the chills). Hey, maybe this is another "Tammy chopping coconuts" intro shot. She won the coconut challenge in the IC but it cost her the game.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Darksiders...."
This topic was brought up a few days ago by ICB here.

He also added this link to the SNews article that nicely sums up the SS DevilPenny post.

Again, here's the article.

And yes, this info does show us that Shii Ann may not be as safe as we've been led to believe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Darksiders...."
Dawg, I don't take "a couple people" as necessarily meaning exactly "two", I think JP used "couple" in a more indefinite sense.

Nevertheless, I agree there is something going on with Jake and Penny. I think Penny eagerly stepped into the "first lady of SJ" role that Stephanie stupidly abdicated after Jake picked her first. (I have some thoughts on the ramifications of the tribal selection order, but I'll get into that elsewhere if I have time). I suspect Penny has her eyes on the endgame more so than anyone else on SJ at this point, and she plans on using Jake to get there. Can we say "Lady Macbeth?" Just a feeling I'm getting.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-09-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What backstabbing have we already seen?"
I say that both John and Jed seemed surprised. I think Robb and Stephanie also seemed surprised Jed went.

Backstabbing that we have seen so far.....I can only think o Ghandia backstabbing Ted. I think we will see more there. Maybe Jan taking Ted's side.

There may also be people going against there tribes when the merge occurs.

It's good to keep an eye on Penny and Jake but I don't know if it means anything yet. Who's sitting with who also tells me that Penny and Jake are definately not close with Stephanie. Maybe Robb but I have not seen anything suspicous yet.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Darksiders...."
I've been mulling around with a theory that would fit all the spoilers we have so far, including the Smokers, Ghandia's Stars, the weightloss spoilers, the dark ones, the despondent underdog, and the Paratrooper spec that the final three contains a Sookie.

When looking at the Episode titles for the next three weeks, combined with the quotes from the producers that we’d see all new challenges, etc., I’ve arrived at the following thoughts:

Gender Bender (E4):

The idea that the CG’s will divide along gender lines is something we’ll be shown this week. Whether it’s a red herring or not won’t make a difference, because the CG’s will not go to TC this week. I think Ghandia needs to stay around a little longer to meet/get to know Jake (who she commented was a good husband or something like that). Also, I think she needs to see Ken and Erin in action, so they can make her “Stars” list. I still think she, Robb and Shii will end up in loser lodge together to validate the “Smokers” list, but I don’t think she goes this week.

The lack of focus on the SJ tribe in the previews, except to show us a little dissention, leads me to believe they go to TC this week. It is also important that they go to TC so that when a merge happens in E5, the teams will be even.

I am speculating that Stephanie goes this week, because I think Robb is the despondent underdog, and so needs to stay around a couple more weeks. I think Shii is still relatively protected by the core alliance at SJ (Ken, Jake, Penny and Erin) and that Steph is just the more likely boot (the clip showing Steph and comment “she hates us” for instance).

Ocean’s Surprise (E5):

I’m speculating that this is where the early merge happens, at 12 (6-6). “Surprise,” unlike the term “twist” used in S4, implies something different than a swap of players. Although there is the preview saying somebody gets stung by a stingray, I don’t think this is sufficient to qualify as a “surprise” as we’ve already seen something like it in E4 with John. The tribe that loses something of great importance, imo, is the CG’s, who lose their cave – either they merge at the SJ camp, or they merge at a new place, but in any event, in the rainy environment they’re in, losing a dry shelter is a big deal.

Merging early also could create great dissent, especially amongst the tribal outsiders (Robb, Ghandia, Shii and potentially Helen, although I think she’s in with the CG-4, Jan, Brian, Ted and Clay). This could explain a vote that was not directly along tribal lines, and a boot of Ghandia in this episode. It would also explain Ghandia’s bitterness–if her tribe turned against her when they could’ve voted together for an SJ, she’d really be mad. It would also assume some kind of
understanding between the core-4 at SJ and the core-4 at CG to get rid of the slackers first, and then go head to head. An alliance of 6 is hard to keep together, especially when there are so many who know their place in the pecking order. We saw this is S4.

The Power of One (E6):

If my speculation is correct, we’ve got 5 CG’s and 6 SJ’s remaining in this episode. Clearly an outsider to the SJ alliance, Shii or Robb, has a lot of power here, because their vote can swing the balance. Where do they have the best chance to survive? With their ex-tribemates, who don’t like them and have a core alliance, or with the CG’s? I think we will see a vote in this episode where one person outside the core of both alliances is the one who is courted to be the swing vote. Whether it’s Shii or Robb, I don’t know, but I think Shii will go in this episode and leave Robb swinging, the “despondent underdog.”

I think the above scenario works, whether Ghandia and Shii’s ouster is flipped, i.e. Shii goes in E5 and Ghandia in E6, leaving Robb for a likely E7 boot after some redemption to his character has happened. After E7, I can’t really begin to speculate, but I do think that Jake, with or without Penny will make it far into the game, ending up the SJ that makes the end-game. It would really highlight the first episode title, the Importance of Being Eldest (what I believe was meant by
it). This scenario would also allow for Jake and Penny to be “dark”, if they take a Roger/Elizabeth kind of role, back stab their own (Robb, Shii, and potentially Erin and Ken) and
make it farther than some of the CG’s own tribe mates (Ghandia, Helen, even perhaps Clay).

I still have some flushing out to be done (i.e. why would either the SJ’s or the CG’s opt to lose a majority after an early merge?) but it works with a variety of the spoilers going on.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Darksiders...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Consider the opening pics, Brian, Ted, Shii Ann and Clay have fire images. The rest WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PENNY have water...Penny has nothing. Why? She is defintely one of the dark players pulling the strings from UTR.

F4 - Brian, Ted, Penny and ?

Snoocharoo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •