The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps (CBS Web Preview)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-02, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps (CBS Web Preview)"
I'll post clearer caps when they air them on TV. For now, here are Real video caps.

{Announcer} CBS Thursday, the tension between two survivors...

{Ghandia} He was grinding against me.

{Announcer} ...reaches a breaking point.

{Ted} I really can't stand her.

{Announcer} Now it's the women vs. the men.

{Helen} I do believe Ghandia's story.

{Helen} The guys will believe Ted's side.

{Announcer} While on the other side of the island, dissension...

{Male voice} Hey!!!

{Announcer} ...threatens to destroy team unity.

{Shii Ann?} She just hates us.

{Announcer} And who will win a bizarre challenge...

{Announcer} ...you'll have to see to believe...

{Announcer} ...and who's staying (going?) home?
{Helen - screaming} Aah!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Things to note: Bungler 10-04-02 1
   RE: Things to note: I_AM_HE 10-04-02 2
   RE: Things to note: true 10-04-02 4
 Women v.s. Men Seyz 10-04-02 3
   RE: Women v.s. Men erikman 10-04-02 5
       RE: Women v.s. Men ZJ 10-04-02 6
           RE: Women v.s. Men sweetpea 10-05-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-02, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Things to note:"
1. The text is as relative to the vidcaps as I could get (i.e. they may not match up 100% text with image).

2. The male voice that says "Hey!!!" may be saying "Aah!" or something similar. It's just a cry of surprise, disgust, or something like that.

3. I think that's Shii Ann saying "She just hates us." And she may be saying "He just hates us." I can't hear it 100%.

4. The final Announcer line sounds to me like "And who will be staying home," but that makes no sense. So I assume it says "who will be going home."

5. That's Jake falling down a hill, and I believe it's during the dummy carrying challenge.

6. Missing images:
a. after the shot of Steph on the beach, there's a shot of Shii Ann by herself, I just wasn't able to freeze my Real Player to catch it.
b. right after the shot of Jake at camp (around when Shii Ann says somebody "hates us," there's a shot of Stephanie with her head hung low).

7. There are also a couple missing shots of the dummy challenge that I couldn't get good freezes on. It looks like the two dummies are sitting on the beach back to back. Both tribes run up to them. Robb dives down on both of them. Then there's a shot of Sook Jai running with their dummy carried over their heads.

8. That's Helen falling down on her butt in the last two shots.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Things to note:"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

in the bluish shot between the two of Ted, it looks like Helen with her hands on her hips behind a leaving (and unhappy?) Ghandia

is Helen's "I believe Ghandia" line in confessional? I think she's talking to Jan, trying to get her and Ghandia on the same side, or possibly trying to get Jan to decide a plit is not worth it and make a 5-1 vote against Ghandia.

this dummy thing still bothers me, and i do wonder if somehow it involves a switch. the staying home bit might fit with this (as in who stays on the same tribe/ at the same camp?)

also...

what's in the fire image?

who sits out from SJ?

in the cap below "bizarre challenge" it looks like Ghandia, Helen, Brian (?), Clay, and Ted in the back, with Robb and Steph up front. And unless that's the orange dummy right beside/under the purple one, where is it? Where is Jan, and the rest of SJ?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Things to note:"
I just watched the web preview, and I think I heard it pretty clearly. Maybe I can help.

>2. The male voice that says "Hey!!!" may be saying "Aah!" or something similar. It's just a cry of surprise, disgust, or something like that.

I think it is actually a moan from Stephanie. Then we get the Shii comment that "she just hates us" Then a shot of Steph with her head in her hands like she is either disgusted or has a headache or something. I definately believe Shii's comment is in reference to Steph.

>4. The final Announcer line sounds to me like "And who will be staying home," but that makes no sense. So I assume it says "who will be going home."

He definately says going home here.

The promo starts out with a still of this shot. Seems kindof odd to me. This scene is played out, where the announcer talks of dissention at Purple tribe.

Most of the Ted/Ghandia stuff looked familiar to me. I think it's from episode 3. Unless Ghandia goes on another rock throwing rampage in episode 4. I also think Helen's comments do come from a confessional. I think it could also be from episode 3, but I'd have to check to be sure.

The challenge footage moved really fast, I'm surprised you could get any caps, good job Bungler.

What stands out to me is that the tribes have decorated the dummies for some reason. Also, what is all over the ground in this shot? Burlap bags?

The promo doesn't say if this "bizarre challenge" is reward or immunity, but it seems to me that the voicover ties this challenge with who is going home. Both are described in one sentance.

I was leaning toward another thrown TC by the purple tribe. With Erin stating that they had to get rid of some people (more than just Jed) Probst's interview mentions throwing challenges, and Jed also mentioned throwing challenges in his early show interview. I think Purple does it again. This promo screams a tribal conflict with Steph. Does that make her safe?

I'll have to see this a few more times before I can get anything from the challenge part, it goes really fast.

Thanks Bungler!

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Women v.s. Men"
The previews show two shots of chuay gahn with first the chuay gahn men then the chuay gahn women then saying "women v.s.men".
So it IS the chuay gahn women v.s. the chuay gahn men.
This would not be significant if there was going to be a switch.
I think there's not going to be a switch next episode, otherwise this "men vs women" comment would mean pretty much nothing. Maybe it's misdirection, but at the moment I'm sticking with no swap.

Besides, I'm sure MB knows that the Ghandia and Ted conflict makes for good TV. It would benefit him to let it play out and see which side ultimately wins the fight. (just for the audience).

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-02, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Women v.s. Men"
yep that gdiva stuff looks like ep3 i think the sucks are the stars of ep 4 again. they will have a little of ted and gdiva too

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Women v.s. Men"
I don't think there will be a switch this coming episode. No shot of RC, so it could be the gross food challenge.

The IC showed all the survivors in their original tribe, which probably tells us there is no switch. The dummy could be a SOS challenge, where they decorate the dummy to attract attention. Or it could be an obstacle course(Remember previous versions where they had one person as the casualty and the rest had to evacuate the casualty via a obstacle course?

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-02, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Women v.s. Men"
>
>The IC showed all the survivors
>in their original tribe, which
>probably tells us there is
>no switch. The dummy could
>be a SOS challenge, where
>they decorate the dummy to
>attract attention. Or it could
>be an obstacle course(Remember previous
>versions where they had one
>person as the casualty and
>the rest had to evacuate
>the casualty via a obstacle
>course?

Looks like you might be right about a version of the obstacle course. It looks like they are carrying their heavy and awkward dummies through the woods and on the sand.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •