The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Switch - Pro and Con"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Switch - Pro and Con"
I personally suspect that there will be no switch this time. It seems like just the kind of non-event that EPM and Jiffy might tout as "all new". The evidence as I see it.

History: S1 and S2, no switch. S3 (Africa, Kokoro) switch in E5. S4 switch in E4.

Last week (weeks going from thursday to thursday) there was speculation that this week's title, "Gender Bender" indicated a switch along gender lines. I submit that the Chuay Gahn "split" over Ted/Ghandia is a more likely reason for the title. (And I totally agree with the Clown's photoanalysis on Bungler's thread. The body language leads us to believe the split is not as EPM wants to present it in the previews.)

In addition we now have previews of what looks like RC showing intact tribes. And there is certainly enough unpredictable internal strife within each of the tribes to want to maintain that tension. A switch might lessen the dramatic impact rather than increase it.

And I can't see any reason that EPM would want to migrate the information learned from the Red Berets to the losing tribe so quickly. Allowing one team to maintain that advantage until the merge, especialy since the losing tribe are being such dorks, makes lots of sense to me. I seriously doubt that he needs to worry about them starving to death quite yet.

Now that I have gone on about all of my reasons why there may not be a switch, I'm sure there are lots of reasons you think there may be. For example, Weltek says: "I think our weight loss spoilers coupled with the many food sources of CG lead me to believe the switch brings our loosers club over to the SJ island of little food"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Switch - Pro and Con dabo 10-04-02 1
   RE: The Switch - Pro and Con Drive My Car 10-05-02 8
       RE: The Switch - Pro and Con ShowMeTheWinner 10-06-02 16
 RE: The Switch - Pro and Con munson 10-04-02 2
   RE: The Switch - Pro and Con Drive My Car 10-05-02 9
       RE: The Switch - Pro and Con dabo 10-05-02 14
 RE: The Switch - Pro and Con ejm92 10-04-02 3
 RE: The Switch - Pro and Con hrc2u 10-04-02 4
   RE: The Switch - Pro and Con erikman 10-05-02 5
       RE: The Switch - Pro and Con TechNoir 10-05-02 6
           RE: The Switch - Pro and Con erikman 10-05-02 7
               RE: The Switch - Pro and Con BMH 10-05-02 10
                   RE: The Switch - Pro and Con ejm92 10-05-02 11
                       RE: The Switch - Pro and Con BMH 10-05-02 13
 RE: The Switch - Pro and Con Spidey 10-05-02 12
 "The Ocean's Surprise" is the switc... Krautboy 10-05-02 15
   RE: "The Ocean's Surprise" is the s... Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 17
 My $0.02 SurvivinDawg 10-06-02 18
   RE: My $0.02 Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 19
       RE: My $0.02 Chrissy gal 10-06-02 20
           RE: My $0.02 Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 21
       RE: My $0.02 munson 10-06-02 22
       RE: My $0.02 SurvivinDawg 10-07-02 32
       RE: My $0.02 GuessItRains 10-07-02 41
   Disagree: Swap will happen! sleeeve 10-06-02 23
       RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! BMH 10-06-02 24
           RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! munson 10-06-02 25
               *sigh* dabo 10-06-02 26
                   RE: *sigh* BMH 10-06-02 27
                       RE: *sigh* TY dabo 10-07-02 29
                           RE: *sigh* TY SurvivinDawg 10-07-02 33
                               RE: *sigh* TY idiotcowboy 10-07-02 35
                                   RE: *sigh* TY SurvivinDawg 10-07-02 38
           RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! sleeeve 10-07-02 28
               RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! Krautboy 10-07-02 30
               RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! hearkittykitty 10-07-02 36
                   RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! Krautboy 10-07-02 37
                   RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! sleeeve 10-07-02 39
                       RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! SurvivinDawg 10-07-02 40
                           RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! dabo 10-07-02 42
                       RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! true 10-07-02 43
                           RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! sleeeve 10-07-02 44
                               RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! true 10-07-02 45
                               RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! idiotcowboy 10-07-02 47
                           RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! dabo 10-07-02 46
       RE: Disagree: Swap will happen! corcam 10-07-02 31
 And one Addendum... SurvivinDawg 10-07-02 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
If CG had lost another member in episode 3 I would have expected a switch in 4 or 5, but now it becomes a question of what purpose would it serve instead of simply throwing the CG remnant a lifeline. Very well:

Gender Bender: Ghandia would have new tribemates to try to influence and entertain with her over-the-top performance.

Save Sook Jai: Second-hand Red Beret experience comes to the beach, finishes the shelter, sources up a reasonably decent dinner. (hm, There is a lifeline situation there but it disadvantages Chuay Gahn somewhat.)

Need some more info, not enough to go on really. By the way: Does anyone know if the shot of Steffy sleeping by the fire in ep 3 might have been lifted from ep 2, it seemed incongruous to me for some reason.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
I also think the Steph sleeping on the Beach scene looked exactly like S2. We don't know if she is still seleeping on the Beach every night. Besides why wouldn't her buddy Jed be sleeping with her. I think it was from ep 2

People For The Preservation Of Shakes Enourmous Head

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-06-02, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
Besides why wouldn't her buddy Jed be sleeping with her.
I thought Jed would be sleeping under the shelter again everytime it rains. I think it's episode 3.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
I think the E5 title, "Ocean's Surprise," is a more apt title for a switcheroo episode but you bring up a good point. It's a pretty safe assumption that the tribes expect a switch in the near future so what better way to mess with their heads than to not switch?

I'm somewhat surprised that anyone still believes that the switch episodes in S3 and S4 were spur of the moment decisions by MB and company. I, for one, believe that not only the switch itself, but also it's timing, was planned long before anyone arrived in Africa/Tahiti.

Switch or no switch, it was planned ahead of time and the current state of the game has nothing to do with it, IMHO.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"

I agree munson, I think whether they switch or not is pre-determined. I never thought it was done to give one tribe an advantage or to save a dying one. The idea of the switch is to mix them up and mess with their heads. Throw people off balance, because no matter if they expect a switch or not, they never know who they will end up with.

People For The Preservation Of Shakes Enourmous Head

10-05-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
Well, for the record, I too think they do have it all mapped out, but there's planning, contingiency planning, and so on is what I think (there's more than one map). Obviously, they could never have planned for Skupin's accident or the flood that hit Camp Barramundi. So, I don't have a problem with the idea that the episode 4 swap in S4 happened because it was mapped on the contingiency plan of what happens if one tribe just keeps losing no matter what. As MB himself said in one of things I read, "Obviously, this is television, we aren't going to let anyone starve to death." Frankly, I prefer the idea that they have some leeway for things, a rigid structure could well be deadly.

That said, making it up on the fly is what they do at Fox.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-04-02, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
Well, I think the switch was originally done to prevent the tribal loyalties that split the tribes once they merged...MB wanted the game to be more exciting, and he did that with the switch...but still in Africa there was a Boran-alliance, and in Survivor 4 he completed his task by having the final two people left as people who weren't on the same original tribe.....I think the best way to do it would be to let the sixteen live together for three days, get to know each other well, and then split them into two and maybe switch those teams before they all merged again...but that would be a bit too busy for the majority of the television audience.

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
Thanks for posting this Tech. I was thinking the same thing after seeing EP3. What purpose would a split serve. S3 and S4 the switches occured at least at different junctions of the game.

I think MB started the show off differently with them picking the members. I don't think he would want them to change, for better or worse, they get what they get.

Look how many where so happy to be picked for the "young" team. And how many were sad to be picked by the "old" team. I say that's enough entertainment there.

Remember last year people speculated that the teams would split into 3 groups?

hrc2u

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-02, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
he needs to figure a way so sucks does'nt starve. before they lost the net jed said they only caught 2 fish in 9 days. the only thing i see saveing them is a swap. unless mb helps them win chickens.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
You just don't appreciate my desire to watch them starve slowly. Natural selection in action. And then have that CSI tie-in show. Too bad.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
we might like seeing it but like s2 when they traded there camp for rice. the funny thing is there useng squid and clams for bait instead of eating it, unlike the old people anything they find they cook.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
speaking of rice..do they have rice this yr..i haven't really noticed?

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-05-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
They haven't had rice since Australia! It was corn meal in Africa, and they had nothing in Marquesas, and all they had this year was a can of beans.

10-05-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
ya I know that..I just thought they might have rice this year..bc they are in thailand..and there doesn't seem to be alot to eat.like there was in Marquesas..they should have rice or some kind of staple..and that corn meal in Africa was horible..that is gross

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Switch - Pro and Con"
I mentioned in the Dummy thread that the switches were obviously instituted to avoid future pagongings. Once it worked (S4) and once it didn't (S3). (The convenient Coconut Challenge in S4 sure didn't hurt.) But that's better odds than the times there was no switch (S1 & 2). It was too predictable that if a strong alliance had a majority after merge, it was all over.

Does MB really want to take that risk? It would turn a pretty hideous installment of the series into the all-time worst.

We as viewers and spoliers keep expecting new and fresh, which I am sure gets tough. If MB has decided the whole switch concept is getting old, we might see a new wrinkle, like a late merge (which, IMO, would only delay the inevitablity of a pagonging for a few episodes). I also like the idea that the switch could be gender based, which is at least a bit new, but I think this is being shoved down our throats, so I am wary.

I just don't see a reversion to S1 or S2 standard merge. I personally would be really disappointed, unless a lot of flip flopping takes place at the end and this is the most exciting survivor ever (but I ain't holding my breath).

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-05-02, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. ""The Ocean's Surprise" is the switch..."
Technoir, good thread.

I’m in the camp that thinks there will, once again be a switch and it will take place in EP5.

The switch/swap has made the game more interesting and less predictable, and MB rarely changes things that still work. I do, however, believe that the swap/switch mechanism will be new and improved, packaged as "The Ocean's Surprise."

So, assuming a switch/swap occurs, when does it happen? I agree with Munson, that the “Gender Bender” in EP4 refers to the men vs. women storyline that is being promoted in the previews and that “The Ocean’s Surprise” is how the new tribes are split up during EP5.

Remember the “Winds Twist” episode from S4 when the tribes were reconfigured. In S5 the Wind is replaced by the Ocean and the Twist is replaced by the Surprise.

I would guess that whoever is edited as being in the greatest danger of being booted during Ep4 benefits from the switch…could this be the “male contestant who becomes despondent” and later an “underdog that the audience roots for”?

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "The Ocean's Surprise" is the switch..."
Count me as convinced by Krautboy.
Sorry Tech. I thought SJ deserved to starve too.
Jake, it turns out that the young pretty athletic types have spent too much time working out and not enough time camping.

But here's the hard part. Who goes where?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "My $0.02"
At the risk of repeating a lot of what has been said, I'll get my full pennies' worth here.

I at first believed that the switch would occur, and in Ep.5... however, I'm leaning towards no switch right now. The question in my mind is "Does MB *think* he got good value out of it?"

Let's examine history:
S1 - Dicque figures out the strategy to win Survivor, and a new verb is introduced to the lexicon, "to pagong".

S2 - The Ogakor and Kucha alliances were so strong that, arugably, Roger and Lis wouldn't even attempt to ally with Amber to break up the C/T/K alliance. And all voting from the merge to the end were pretty much on tribal lines. MB wanted to change this, so...

S3 - With tribes even at 6-6, MB instituted (with planning ahead of time, I believe) an even swap. However, while MB accomplished the goal of breaking up the mallrats (I know some of you liked them, but if they'd ruled the post-merge roost, I strongly believe and contend that ratings would have plummeted), he did NOT accomplish his goal of diminishing tribal alliances, as they remained fairly intact.

S4 - MB goes one Ep. earlier, and more randomly, to swap the tribes. This was clearly planned in advance. The problems were that Rotu had an 8-5 numerical superiorty (which was not readjusted to 7-6), and Maraamu was actually weakened (badly) by the swap, so badly that MB had to resort to the SOS challenge and hiding some statue pieces from Rotu to keep it from being total annihilation. Did the swap work? Yes and no. It did a lot to divide Rotu and garner some tensions, and therefore TV ratings; however, it finished off Maraamu, tribal loyalties stayed in place (Kathy voting off Gina instead of Paschal or Neleh, Sean/Rob/Vecepia stayed true to themselves and the Rotu4 stayed true to themselves), Sarah was (IMHO unfairly) deprived of her alliance and booted, and, again IMHO, damaged the game. IMHO, Paschal, Kathy and Neleh saved the game's popularity by switching sides and abandoning the Rotu4, saving Sean and Vecepia. But that might have happened ANYWAY!

S5 - So does MB want or need to do the swap?

Issues for: MB may have done the original tribe selection with the full knowledge that things would be changed in a swap a few days down the road.

The swap does add to confusion among the players' strategies and helps stop tribal loyalties from overriding the game.

Issues against: There is plenty of tension right now.

The tribes are EXPECTING a swap now, and are likely planning and strategizing for it among their internal alliances.

Now we look at the WEIGHT LOSS spoilers:

Ted, Clay, Brian, Helen, Jan, and Erin have weight loss spoilers. Ken has some spoilers to suggest he stays around. Now unless we have a swap and most of the people end back up on their original tribes, it seems to me that the CG alliance remains intact deep into the game.

This leaves Robb, Stephanie, Shii Ann, Penny, Jake, and Ghandia. Things suggest that Robb, Stephanie and Ghandia are in Loser Lodge. From the smoker list, Shii Ann may join them. I suspect Penny and Jake as jury members. If there is a swap, it HAS to be in such a way as to CONTINUE to isolate Robb and/or Stephanie and/or Ghandia (yes, one of them is gone in Ep.4).

I do NOT believe the title "The Ocean's Surprise" has anything to do with a swap. I believe "The Winds Break".. er I mean "The Winds Shift" referred more to Rotu developing cracks in their harmony. I think "The Ocean's Surprise" is going to be something of value to that episode, but not of real value to the game... or perhaps a typhoon is going to come in...

See what y'all can make of this, and feel free to add to it or debate it.

27-25

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

10-06-02, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My $0.02"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-02 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

Dawg,
what a great coherent cost/benefit analysis of the history of the swap! I am so happy you wrote this because I started trying to write it out late last night and couldn't make my post orderly, so I erased it.

The only part where I am of two minds is that the Episode title of Surprise could well mean a swap. The S4 episode was The Winds Twist, and with all the weather discussion that went on, in the end it was no more than a swap.

I agree that the biggest argument against a swap is that the CG5 appear to go far. Boran swapped its members and reunited in Ep 5 so there's a precedent. However, Old Boran inherited 2 dissidents, making the Silas boot a snap, and the tie vote/previous vote rule that no longer applies preserved the New Boran.

I agree with you that the swap when tribes were uneven was inherently unfair to the smaller tribe--despite the fact that Vee won the game.

So how might there be a swap?
Well, SJ could go to TC in Ep 4 and we could have an even swap, and Ghandia could end up being the only CG casualty. I've been arguing that CG will boot Ghandia in Ep 4, leaving the tribes 5-7, but keeping an open mind, an even tribe division could certainly make for a fair swap similar to S5.

Another random swap? Well, I hated it and I hate to think it could happen again; let's leave that for last.

Possible swap scenarios:
I. Even swap (6-6) of 3 from each tribe.
Problem #1. Chances are good you get a purple rock scenario, and audience reaction to that was POOR, last season. Based on that, I don't see why EPM would choose this option.

II. Uneven (5-7) Random swap.
this means Ghandia is gone in Ep 4 because CG lost.
Red's 5 members will be a minority on one or more likely both sides. Yet all 5 remaining members have major weight loss spoilers.

The only possible scenario I see that would allow that to happen:
1) on the new 5 member tribe, CG either avoids a TC for 2 Eps or
2)dominates in numbers and happens to get Robb, Shii Ann, and/or Stephanie on their team as cannon fodder (necessary to fit our spoilers).

AND

3) on the new SJ, SJ pulls a Rotu and boots one of their own, ignoring the imported CG, which is possible if they have numerical superiority, plus the current majority alliance stays in the majority (although they could probably garner a vote against their choice from any CG player). This scenario requires that at least one of their current targets remains in SJ;
OR
4) SJ doesn't go back to TC for the Eps 5 or 6, and the Red tribe pagongs two purple orphans.

III. Random Swap at 6-6:
Ghandia still ends up getting booted in Ep 5 or 6. However, I feel that she needs to be booted by her own tribe members to fully account for her anger after the show. In the scenario where tribe members are at even numbers two episodes from the merge, it seems unlikely that either tribe will boot one of its own and leave themselves in a minority at the merge.

In the particular game that we have, with both tribes facing internal divisions, it seems that a swap at 6-6 would mostly serve to bring them back into strict tribal alignment for self-preservation, and that if MB wants fluidity in the later alliances, such a swap would be counter-productive.

I would welcome hearing any scenarios I left out. I didn't take the time to map out every possibility, but my conclusion is that a lot of different random factors have to come together for NONE of the CG 5 with weight loss to become a casualty of the swap. Seems against the odds of a random switch to me.

First Krautboy convinced me; now Dawg has swayed be back to favor no swap. Sigh.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: My $0.02"
>>3) on the new SJ, SJ pulls a Rotu and boots one of their own, ignoring the imported CG, which is possible if they have numerical superiority, plus the current majority alliance stays in the majority (although they could probably garner a vote against their choice from any CG player). This scenario requires that at least one of their current targets remains in SJ<<

What if the CG'ers who go to SJ are so helpful at getting FOOD that the SJ'ers decide it is better to get rid of one of their own lazy people.

10-06-02, 07:27 PM (EST)
21. "RE: My $0.02"
Yes, I was implying that. For that to happen though, the switch has to fall so that
1) SJ has enough of a majority to feel comfortable losing a member for voting purposes,
2) at least one lazy person is still in SJ.

So, maybe, but are the odds reasonably good this will happen?

10-06-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: My $0.02"
OFG, so many scenarios, so little information.

If there is a swap, and I think there will be one in E5, the second of your scenarios is to me the most likely. This, of course, assumes a Ghandia boot in E4. Not that much of a stretch but no sure thing either.

This is copied from my post in SDawg's "Ghandia's friends" thread but is relevant here as well. Just another in a long list of possiblilites, all speculation at this point.

Chewies down to 5, Suckies at 7. Who gets switched? Why, Shii Ann and Robb, that's who. The three original Chewies (it really doesn't matter who) have a majority and decide to throw the next two IC's, per the Jiffy interview quotes, and accomplishes two things: They can eliminate the former Suckies (Robb and Shii, in that order) and protect their fellow Chewies who are now in the Suck tribe and at a significant disadvantage. Merge at even strength.

This way, SJ never needs to turn on one of their own.

Hmmm, sounds like I'm trying to dream up a scenario to support a favored outcome instead of letting the facts lead me to a logical conclusion. Yep, that sounds like my typical MO and helps explain my misguided picks every week.

In any event, next week's preview and the detailed episode description should provide additional insight into the "Surprise" in E5.

10-07-02, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: My $0.02"
OFG, my only point of disagreement with you:

Problem #1. Chances are good you get a purple rock scenario, and audience reaction to that was POOR, last season. Based on that, I don't see why EPM would choose this option.

I'm not assuming that Purple Rocks *ARE* the method of tie-breaking this year. As you said, it was received poorly, and Paschal REALLY got the shaft on that one. I suspect (and hope) that MB has discarded his little bag of rocks.

I still think y'all are ascribing too much to the S4 titles, but that's not worth arguing about.

27-25

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: My $0.02"
OFG, Dawg, Sleeve, munson and others this has been a great post. I too have been trying to mull whether or not there will be a swap, and I'm currently in the "No Swap" camp. My reasons can best be summarized below.

Our current spoilers indicate that...

1) Ghandia, Robb, and Shii Ann have to go before the jury. Snewser indicates that Steph is likely to go before the jury as well. While many people are putting new stock in this spoiler, I tend to give it some credence.

2) 5 Chewies (other than Ghandia) go far. Very far. Ghandia has strong enmity toward at least a couple of them and none as far as we can tell to any Sookies.

For this to work, Ghandia has to get booted principally by her own tribe. If there is a swap, this means she almost has to go in E4. Now it is possible that Chewie could go in down 7-5 and still pull a miracle, but that would almost have to entail one tribe with a 3-2 Chewie advantage and the other with a 5-2 Sookie, with the two switched people including Robb and Shii Ann (or possibly Steph). I admit this is possible. But if there's no swap, who are the most likely Sookie boots. THE SAME PEOPLE. The chances of the split I have described is about 1/4 (actually it's 26.1%). The chance of the switch including both Robb and Shii Ann is 2.61%. Is it possible? Sure. But we already have plenty of scenarios that would lead these people to get the boot without a switch.

Indeed, I think you could make a convincing argument that Ghandia doesn't go until E7 because Chewie makes a heroic comeback, causing the Sookies to jettison the 3 people furthest from the core alliance before the merge. Then Chewie, up 6-4 at the merge jettisons the person none of them can stand to make darn sure she's not on the jury before pagoning the Sookies and still making up most or all of the Final 5.

That last part is all spec. What isn't is that the current obvious boot candidates fit in with spoilers. Both the E3 and E4 switches led to immediate non-obvious boots of members of majority alliances (Silas and Sarah). We have no inkling of that happening here. I am leaning toward no swap in E5.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-06-02, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Disagree: Swap will happen!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-02 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

>IMHO,
>Paschal, Kathy and Neleh saved
>the game's popularity by switching
>sides and abandoning the Rotu4,
>saving Sean and Vecepia.
>But that might have happened
>ANYWAY!

I must disagree with you there... The act of Kathy, Paschal, and Neleh allying with Vee was instrumental in keeping the show interesting, and if Kathy had won, I really think that it would have been the best of the four Survivor series.

However, you claim that would have happened anyway??? I sincerely doubt it!... Kathy, Neleh, and Paschal were left out of the Rotu-4 alliance as a result of the switch. Without that swap, the Rotu alliance would have likely been structured differently (Kathy would have been gone first, but do you really think that Gabe, Paschal, and Neleh would have been next by coincidence????)

The swap worked perfectly last season. It broke up the Sarah/Rob/Sean/Vee alliance, and also forced smaller, more fluid alliances to dominate the game. This ultimately resulted in a game of surprise (if there had been large, rock-solid alliances, Kathy never would have been able to strike a deal with Vee, who, in turn, would have been unable to strike a deal with Neleh).

The goal of the swap is to encourage small fluid alliances of 2-3 people working together to save each other at any cost, thus resulting in larger, but unconsistent alliances (making the game much less predictable).

Yeah... we knew that Paschal and Neleh would never betry each other, but we had no clue how the final game play would go down with Kathy and Vee in the mix.

So how can we rationalize a swap in the upcoming episodes???

Well here's a wild guess:
E4: GDiva is voted out unanimously by her tribe in an obvious boot... necessary to produce hatred that we've heard about. The obvious outcome is clouded only by a "gender alliance" created in the editing room with bits of unrelated conversations strung together (sound familiar???) Meanwhile, Shii Ann is confident in her position in her tribe... they have crushed the outlying lazy group, Robb falls into line, and Steph is the isolated obvious boot for the next episode.

E5: SWAP!!! Shii Ann, who was confident last episode finds herself in the minority after the swap, her up-front semi-confrontational attitude paints a large target on her back, and she is removed from the game when her new tribe loses immunity (Note: She would fall into the minority if she was in a tribe with any four CG's or with 3 CG's AND Steph, so this is a very real possibility)

E6: Robb's attitude doesn't go over well with his new tribe. He is eliminated, having made few friends in SJ, and no friends in CG.

(It is possible that Shii and Robb could be in the reverse order, but MB likes showing the irony of the swap destroying a strong alliance, and I have a hard time imagining him painting Robb as being in a strong alliance.)

E7: MERGE!!! Old CG has taken advantage of the various in-fighting in the other tribe. The merge occurs at 5-5, but outcast Stephanie recieves no support from her own tribe, and may even choose to try to ally with th CGs. She is voted out, as no one is willing to vote with her, giving the CG-Five the majority AND validating all weight-loss spoilers to date.

Without the merge, I have a hard time getting Shii-Ann voted off to validate GDiva's smoker's list, which I have faith in.

Okay, now let's talk mechanism of swap.

I actually see a third possibility...

The problem with S3's swap was that the new tribes were too even, and it resulted in one betrayal, one tie-vote (with previous votes breaking the tie), and one tribe came out dominant.

So for S4, MB attempted to fix this by doing a random, uneven (MUST be, if this is pre-planned, and there are only 3 people voted off) swap, to encourage new alliances (hey... if you're suddenly in a losing position, it's time to bargain for your life!!!)... However, this resulted in an unexpectedly weak tribe, which made for bad television (and obviously rigged challenges).

So it's time to combine elements that worked from each... There will still be a random swap, to encourage new alliances, but why should the tribes be uneven??? Instead, why not form 2 new tribes of six... this DEFINATELY encourages new alliances, because it's like starting from square one... each tribe has an equal advantage in the challenges, and no one wants to risk being voted out.

It also makes for an interesting merge, because we have old tribe alliances and new tribe alliances to sort out (which was the whole point of the swap in the first place).

Summary: For the short of attention span...

• Swap is likely, because it has worked in the past.
  • Swap could still produce the results that we expect from GDiva spoilers (results that may be difficult to reproduce without a swap).
  • Swap may have a new format, involving random redivision into two tribes of six, regardless of profile of original tribes

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

10-06-02, 08:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
Wow..you summed up a perfect storyline..lol..but I have to disagree with you in one area..

If Shii ann..and basically any other Sookie..is swapped with a majority of CG's..why would the CG's target..weak Shii over any other stronger Sookie..for example..Shii ann and stephanie are swapped and end up in a tribe with 3 CG's..if they go to TC..it makes more sense to get rid of the Sookie that is more of a threat which is Stephanie..unless Shii turns into a total b*tch but I doubt it..she is too smart..look how well she mingled into the strong alliance in SJ even with her early confrontation..

This is the reason why..IF Shii,Steph,and Robb are the 3 sook-jai's in trouble..I see Shii as the last one gettin the boot before the merge..because she is not a threat while the other too are stronger..and we all know Robb is extremely irratating

10-06-02, 09:02 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
I agree with sleeeve's scenario and actually prefer Shii/Robb boots before merge, but based on spoilers, it's pretty likely that the three of them - Robb, Shii and Steph - are out in E5-7, in some order.

10-06-02, 11:15 PM (EST)
26. "*sigh*"
Will someone at some time please point out where all these spoilers are that say Steph gets booted pre-jury.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-06-02, 11:17 PM (EST)
27. "RE: *sigh*"
dabo here is the link to the Snews boot sheet that clearly indicates..they have some info that shows that Stephanie is a pre-merge boot..

http://survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=scorecard

10-07-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
29. "RE: *sigh* TY"
Thank you. Is that all there is? Not to knock it, but it seems pretty slim to me, Snewser himself says "uncomfirmed." And she doesn't make gdiva's stars list. To me this says she just doesn't make the final two, since all of the jury end up at loser lodge for the duration; I don't find any indication of whether she is pre-jury or jury. She could be the first member of the jury for all Snewser's source indicates.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

10-07-02, 07:36 AM (EST)
33. "RE: *sigh* TY"
dabo,
I'm also taking the Steph "Loser Lodge" spoiler info with a grain of salt, but I think we can surmise that she's a pre-jury boot, by the following analysis:

There is info that these people stay late:
Ted
Clay
Brian
Helen
Jan
Erin
Ken

There is info (mostly Ghandia stuff) that these people go soon (leaving Steph out of the list for just a moment):
Ghandia
Shii Ann
Robb

This leaves Steph, Penny and Jake.

Right now, 9 of these people will be Jury/Finalists, leaving four for Loser Lodge. I don't think anyone will argue that Ghandia and Robb are headed for the Lodge. So two slots need to be filled.

If no swap: Penny and Jake have a strong alliance that should get them into the merge, and likely on the jury. Ergo, Stephanie and Shii Ann are the outcasts.

If a swap: Shii Ann's style will get her in trouble. Again, the influences of "old" SJs could sway against Stephanie, and the new tribe(s) will need an obvious target, a'la Silas in S-III. So Stephanie appears to be out again.

Some other, general thoughts:
I don't agree with sleeeve about the swap working "perfectly" in S-4, but his possibilities for S-5 are good.

I was looking for every reason in the world NOT to consider Ghandia for booting, because it SEEMS so obvious, but by all this process of elimination, it's getting hard to avoid her.

27-25

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: *sigh* TY"
>There is info that these people stay late:
>Erin
>Ken

What do we have that says Erin or Ken stays late? I know about the boob thing with Erin (which IMO is already proven), but I have heard nothing about Ken having spoilers. Just wondering if I missed something.

-ICB

10-07-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
38. "RE: *sigh* TY"
Erin has weight loss spoilers. Some sites have boot sheets that discuss Ken's popularity and being to SJ what Brian is to CG: someone everyone gravitates to, etc.

27-25

10-07-02, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-02 AT 01:52 AM (EST)

>Wow..you summed up a perfect storyline..lol..but
>I have to disagree with
>you in one area..

Don't miss the entire point of my post, which is that a swap is both probable and likely... (My scenario was just to illustrate that it is not impossible, as some have argued, for there to be a swap and still have Ghandia, Shii, Robb, and Steph be the final four pre-jury boots.) That said...

>why would the CG's
>target..weak Shii over any other
>stronger Sookie

I have no idea, and I gave up trying to rationalize Survivor strategy after S3... in S2, nearly all of my posts had to do with what Colby and Tina thought would be best for them, and how that would affect the group. I honestly believe that their duo was the last pair of Survivors to think strategically, so I've simply given up that type of spoiling (which has, sadly, reduced my presence in the arena of Survivor spoiling greatly)...

So the real question is not why would anyone target Shii Ann, but why do I think that Shii Ann will be booted in the fifth episode?... Well all of the arguments that I made in this post have been restated and expanded in a thread by Krautboy, here.

When we look at MB's editing style, Ghandia is the only logical boot for next week, because hers is the only sensible boot in question (to the average viewer)... Meanwhile, Shii Ann has been portrayed as a manipulator (remember is was in HER confessional that we learned that SJ planned to throw immunity)... thus, of our three top suspects (Robb, Shii, and Steph, thanks to available spoilers) Shii is the most likely boot for E5 if there is a switch. Look for Shii to have confessionals where she is confident in her position in the tribe in E4... These should set off warning bells that things will be shaken up!

10-07-02, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
>Look for Shii to have
>confessionals where she is confident
>in her position in the
>tribe in E4... These should
>set off warning bells that
>things will be shaken up!

Excellent observations! You nailed it...I can hear the bells ringing already!

Krautboy

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-07-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
Didn't we first learn of the intent to throw the challenge from Erin's "there's a few people we want to get rid of" confessional? Shii Ann confirmed it. Of course - this could indicate that Erin is more "in" with the alliance than Shii Ann - since she announced the intent first.

10-07-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
HKK: You're right. Erin, Penny and Jake are the "in" crowd, and Shii Ann is being carried along for the time being...

Krautboy

10-07-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
You're right... Erin was the first to mention throwing the challenge, but Shii had more camera time concerning it (both before and after the challenge was thrown).

Couple that with Jed's shock at being voted out in place of Shii, and it's clear that Shii is being edited to appear in a much stronger position than she really is.

There must be a reason for this! MB has shown us no reason why her tribe might vote her out soon, yet we know that she is not as well-liked as she is portrayed. (If she was going to be voted out by her own tribe, they would have started to lay the groundwork for that boot with at least one interview when she recieved votes in the last episode.)

The bottom line is that we must assume that there is a reason that Shii is being edited as safe and in control to the average viewer, while we, as spoilers, are aware that she will most likely be voted out soon (even if there is no swap!!!)... my assertion is that she makes the most logical post-swap boot, based soley on the editing, and what we know of MB's sense of irony.

10-07-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
There must be a reason for this! MB has shown us no reason why her tribe might vote her out soon, yet we know that she is not as well-liked as she is portrayed.

Once again, The Clown Rule: MB *never* shows a winning strategy until he absolutely has to.

Clearly, Jake and (especially) Penny, virtually unseen so far, have something going that MB is not showing. Are they controlling an alliance of five?: J/P/Ken/Erin... and Shii Ann is their "fifth"... for now. Shii Ann, however, already has had one mix-up with Robb in Ep. 1.

And here's something else for you: JP virtually refused to talk about Shii Ann in any interview. He virtually always led the conversation to someone else, especially Ken. Could it be that something major (like a rule violation) happens with Shii Ann, getting her taken out (as opposed to voted out)?

27-25

10-07-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
If Shii doesn't end up outnumbered by CG in a swap, perhaps SJ would perform a mercy killing so to speak. She's Ally McBeal thin, if SJ continues to starve she'll end up looking like, how did Soozin say it, one of them Nazi Holocaust guys.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
What do you think of the possibilities of Shii Ann going episode 4 and Ghandia going Episode 5? (or for that matter, Robb?)

Is there some reason these couldn't be flipped, and still have everything else play out as you posted above?

The way things have been edited, a left field boot of Shii in ep 4 doesn't seem as too remote a possibility to me. According to previews CG target-Ghandia (with the gender misdirection to make her appear to have a chance) SJ target- Stephanie. From the web promo at least, Steph looks like the biggest SJ target for ep. 4.

Robb is completely UTR in both promos. Shii, while not the target, is the one that points out that Steph IS the target.

I have eliminated Steph as a possibility this week. Robb must have some connection with the SJ voting majority, because he felt comfortable enough to approach Ken with his plan to vote out Shii Ann. Ken did give Robb his reasons to boot Jed, but his comments regarding Shii Ann were NOT shown. The tribes thoughts on Shii, except for Robb and Steph, have been completely hidden so far. Both Robb and Jed believed that a "majority" of the tribe would vote Shii Ann off. Robb said so in confessional, and Jed said so in post boot interviews. Did Robb/Steph/Jed pick Shii Ann to vote for because she was their biggest threat? Probably not. My guess is that they picked her because, having NO allies, she was an easy target. And for the life of me, I can't understand (from what we've been shown) why Jed went instead of Robb last week, unless he has some other friends in the tribe.

>>There must be a reason for this! MB has shown us no reason why her tribe might vote her out soon, yet we know that she is not as well-liked as she is portrayed. (If she was going to be voted out by her own tribe, they would have started to lay the groundwork for that boot with at least one interview when she recieved votes in the last episode.)

I agree with you here. In episode 2 Jed was described as freaking lazy. Then he was pretty much UTR that episode. (as I recall, the lazy focus was on a sick Steph) Besides the votes for Shii in ep. 3, we did have Robb describe her as the "weakest" member of the tribe. Even though she was edited that ep. as clever and in control. Could that be enough of a set up for an episode 4 Shii Ann boot?

I'm still leaning toward Ghandia for episode 4 boot. If SJ goes to TC, I expect to see Shii going. Now, if we only knew who was going to win IC this week.

ps. I agree completely with your ideas on the switch. I especially like the idea of evening up the tribes.

>>So it's time to combine elements that worked from each... There will still be a random swap, to encourage new alliances, but why should the tribes be uneven??? Instead, why not form 2 new tribes of six... this DEFINATELY encourages new alliances, because it's like starting from square one... each tribe has an equal advantage in the challenges, and no one wants to risk being voted out.

It also makes for an interesting merge, because we have old tribe alliances and new tribe alliances to sort out (which was the whole point of the swap in the first place).

10-07-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
>ps. I agree completely with
>your ideas on the switch.

Under the assumption that this means that you agree that a switch will happen, then I think that the answer to this question becomes more clear:

What do you think of the possibilities of Shii Ann going episode 4 and Ghandia going Episode 5? (or for that matter, Robb?) Is there some reason these couldn't be flipped, and still have everything else play out as you posted above?

I think Ghandia needs to be booted by her own tribe in order for the hatred toward the chef (in addition to Ted) to be as strong as she proclaims in her posts (of course... this is assuming you believe in the GDiva spoilers).

If the switch occurs in E5, Ghandia would be more likely to attribute any subsequent boot to the members of the other tribe, bad luck, etc (as we've seen people do in the past). But if she is booted by her own tribe, it will become a matter of "he-said, she-said" in her mind, and she will be outraged at anyone that doesn't "believe" her story about Ted.

Remember... we've had obvious boots in the past, but they've always had a question surrounding them.

Mother Africa was obvious... but people thought that Brandon's hatred of Frank might influence the vote.

Smelly Kimmy was obvious, but once again, people assumed that Alicia might be an alternative, considering that she appeared to be more at-fault from the preview.

Patricia was obvious, but the editing produced an imaginary 5-man alliance of which she was a supposed member, so people assumed that she was safe.

This time, GDiva is the obvious boot, yet the preview seems to imply that Ted may also be on the chopping block, as people take sides based on gender lines... in a week where there's no way around the obvious, this is the best misdirection that MB can come up with.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
You make excellent points as usual eee.

I think Ghandia needs to be booted by her own tribe in order for the hatred toward the chef (in addition to Ted) to be as strong as she proclaims in her posts (of course... this is assuming you believe in the GDiva spoilers).

If the switch occurs in E5, Ghandia would be more likely to attribute any subsequent boot to the members of the other tribe, bad luck, etc (as we've seen people do in the past). But if she is booted by her own tribe, it will become a matter of "he-said, she-said" in her mind, and she will be outraged at anyone that doesn't "believe" her story about Ted.

This does make a lot of sense, but what I'm wondering is what if Ghandia survives episode 4 and gets switched episode 5 with say....Ted and the chef. If Ted and the chef were to join the SJ members on the "new" switched tribe and betray her by voting her out, don't you think that same hatred would be there, if not moreso?

It may be unlikely, especially because it would make more sense for any CG's switched with Ghandia to stick with her for the sake of numbers, but I don't always think these fools make a lot of strategic sense.

I have no idea, and I gave up trying to rationalize Survivor strategy after S3... in S2, nearly all of my posts had to do with what Colby and Tina thought would be best for them, and how that would affect the group. I honestly believe that their duo was the last pair of Survivors to think strategically, so I've simply given up that type of spoiling (which has, sadly, reduced my presence in the arena of Survivor spoiling greatly)...

See my point?

I'm not trying to argue with your logic, because I have been saying the same things, it's just I have a nagging suspicion about Shii Ann, and am trying to discount it before making any final decisions. Thanks for answering my question, the more discussion the better.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
>Patricia was obvious, but the editing produced an imaginary 5-man alliance of which she was a supposed member, so people assumed that she was safe.

Replace the name Patricia with the name Shii Ann in the above statement, and I think you will see why I'm hedging on Ghandia going this week.

-ICB

BTW- true I love your analysis on Ghandia being booted after the switch. If Shii goes this week the tribal split will be even 3-3, with the cook (clay/helen) helping remove her in either E5 or E6 (ted need not be swapped with her) it could suddenly make all the spoilers make sense as she could get to meet Jake, Ken, and Erin without any of them having to be on the jury.

10-07-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
What I think of the possibility of Shii going in episode 4: In my opinion Robb is the most likely boot the next time SJ goes to TC (unless a swap occurs between now and then). Of the two remaining members of Jed's alliance, Robb is clearly a loose cannon which the dominant SJ alliance should strategically eliminate from the game. Steph is in some danger in this regard as well, but I'm expecting she will at least try to adjust her game plan in the wake of Jed's boot. Actually, let me put it this way, of the two of them, Robb seems incapable of change, he is what he is.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Disagree: Swap will happen!"
I agree with Sleeeve here on a point I believe Ep4 the Ghandia vs. Ted dillema will finally adrupt causing Ghandia to be booted

(which is sad b/c eventhough Ted did supposively "apologize" it still doesn't make it right and he should be the one on the chopping block... but due to Ghandia acting really immature she did herself in.. anyways back to the topic)

After the Ghandia boot eventhough it might be pre-planned the swap will happen.... and MB's luck would have it that the Ghandia and Ted dillema would be wrapping up b/c one of them would be gone and then *BAM* here comes the swap and all hell breaks loose...

of course the only way the male alliance at CG would be successfully broken up is to have one of them go to SJ..

(of course there is a thing that I swear MB might have a little leeway in when it might happen which he would use to his advantage after the Ghandia thing ends.... that way he can cause more "drama" right after the other)

10-07-02, 08:07 AM (EST)
34. "And one Addendum..."
One other addendum that I postulated for S-4:

MB has TWO audiences: his main core, and the spoiler audience. MB attempts to entertain and surprise his main audience, while misdirecting us, his spoiler audience.

With people expecting a swap, it would be a "surprise" NOT to swap them. It would also be entertaining to swap them according to gold/silver torches.

It definitely messes with our spoiler heads though, as you can see the time and bandwidth being used to debate this issue.

P.S. I'm not saying ABSOLUTELY that there will be no swap (and some of you, IMHO, seem to be thinking that I'm saying that). I'm just inclined against it right now. There is still plenty of reasons why, and evidence that, a swap can and will occur.

27-25

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •