The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Listen up, Supernova"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Listen up, Supernova"
Yeah, I'm also disappointed that so many of the same songs from last year are back. I guess getting music approved and all that is a process, but since Rockstar INXS is still fresh in my mind and some of the repeat songs were done much better justice last season, it's more of a bone of contention with me. Probably to those who didn't watch last season, it's a non-issue.

I understand about the contestants should be aware of the GNR/Metallica/Motley catalogue, etc., but since these guys made a point that they are not going that way, this is a new band, new sound and all that, I think they need to start giving some insight as to what they are looking to be other than a "dirty rock-n-roll band." That's where the constructive criticism comes in.

I think it just comes across to me as so blatant that this whole thing is more of a "thing to do" to Lee/Newsted/Clarke, rather than a serious attempt at another decent run as a band. So, I just feel these contestants are getting the short end of the stick. I suppose for some getting a quick 15 minutes might be enough for them, but I'm sure many of them came into this thing hoping to see the kind of success that JD ended up with in being chosen for INXS and breathing new life into a band that really wanted another bite at the apple and took the whole process serious.

I am just irritated by these 3 dolts, who are just filling up the screen. I would have rather have seen this season be about the most talented front man for a band, audience votes every week and either audience votes or a music producer gets the final say. This way the winner could really have a chance for a great career. The listeners choose the sound/style they want and once the winner is chosen, the music producer does his magic in collaboration with the winner in producing the first album and putting together a band.

Just my opinion. At this point, I highly doubt I will be rushing for tickets to a Supernova concert and buying their first CD (as I did with INXS). But, I suppose it's still early yet. I'll have to see how things play out and if these 3 guys get their act together.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Listen up, Supernova   CattyChat     07-12-06       
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   Wacko Jacko     07-12-06     1  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   CattyChat     07-12-06     2  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   cheesybread     07-13-06     8  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   SherpaDave     07-12-06     3  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   Reality_Tv_fan_90     07-12-06     4  
   Solution   frisky     07-12-06     5  
     RE: Solution   dreamerbeliever     07-13-06     6  
         RE: Solution   cheesybread     07-13-06     9  
             RE: Solution   Loree     07-13-06     14  
         RE: Solution   CattyChat     07-13-06     12  
         RE: Solution   nailbone     07-13-06     17  
             RE: Solution   frisky     07-18-06     33  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   Loree     07-13-06     7  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   cheesybread     07-13-06     10  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   Glow     07-13-06     28  
             RE: Lukas   Loree     07-18-06     40  
                 RE: Lukas   Glow     07-18-06     42  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   CattyChat     07-13-06     11  
         RE: JD   Loree     07-13-06     15  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   weltek     07-17-06     30  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   CattyChat     07-13-06     13  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   Loree     07-13-06     16  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   nailbone     07-13-06     18  
             RE: Listen up, Supernova   Magnolia_Rocker     07-13-06     19  
             RE: Listen up, Supernova   geg6     07-13-06     26  
                 RE: Listen up, Supernova   Magnolia_Rocker     07-18-06     35  
                     here ya go   Glow     07-18-06     36  
                         RE: here ya go   Magnolia_Rocker     07-18-06     37  
                 RE: Listen up, Supernova   slickeronstate     07-18-06     38  
                     RE: Listen up, Supernova   Magnolia_Rocker     07-18-06     39  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   Glow     07-13-06     29  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   Savahnna     07-13-06     20  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   cheesybread     07-13-06     21  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   LittleFox     07-13-06     22  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   tamarama     07-13-06     23  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   nailbone     07-13-06     24  
         RE: Listen up, Supernova   tamarama     07-13-06     25  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   cheesybread     07-13-06     27  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   weltek     07-17-06     31  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   Loree     07-17-06     32  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   Wacko Jacko     07-18-06     34  
     RE: Listen up, Supernova   Loree     07-18-06     41  
   RE: Listen up, Supernova   Savahnna     07-26-06     43  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •