The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-03, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"

Hello, class. I’m your substitute teacher for this week, Ms. Bebo. Today’s lesson is to determine the Not So Move of Week 8. Now, just because your regular teacher is away this week is no excuse for not getting your work done. So put away your spitballs and be prepared to take this simple pop quiz.

But first, I’ll read the lesson plan, as prepared by your supreme leader:

Welcome to the episode eight Not So Move of the Week voting thread!

There are six choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

Go here to see last week’s votes:
Episode Seven Voting Thread

1. Reichen & Chip are only 15 minutes away from the leaders at the start of the leg, yet they are willing to risk elimination by driving an hour away with someone who claims to be a travel agent so that they can take a different flight, even though they have no assurance that they can even get tickets on that flight.

2. While Kelly & Jon sleep, a pasty film covers their nose and mouth. They spend their long layover in Singapore asleep on the airport floor – complete with dorky-looking eye mask – and do not learn of the earlier flight. They end up in last place on this leg, and only manage to stay in the race because it’s a non-elimination leg.

3. Millie is so hyper during the Detour that she loses two fish from their basket and has them fishing in the water with their nets, costing them valuable time.

4. Kelly & Jon get dropped off at the Net option when they wanted to try the Trap option. They head over to the Trap option, where Kelly expects Jon to do all of the lifting. They finally give up and head back over to the Net option.

5. Chuck shows his lack of commitment during the Roadblock, when he just keeps shooting off arrows without aiming them. His poor form allows Reichen & Chip to pass them for second place. It also leads to a severe blow to Chuck’s self-confidence, as well as Millie’s confidence in Chuck to perform under pressure. (take that last comment any way you want to, it’s OK)

6. Reichen & Chip don’t run straight to the pit stop, allowing Jon & Al to overtake them for the lead. While they are only moments behind Jon & Al in the race, this blunder did cost them an all-expenses paid trip for two to Mexico, courtesy of American Airlines.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #2 realitycoholic 07-17-03 1
   RE: #2 SaphireLady 07-18-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... mrbluesky 07-18-03 3
 Numero Cuatro Waruv 07-18-03 4
 #4 please realitybites 07-18-03 5
 #2 VA Slim 07-18-03 6
 #4, Nombre Quatre, Nummer Vier, etc... SurvivinDawg 07-18-03 7
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... smiley 07-18-03 8
 #2 trigirl 07-18-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 07-18-03 10
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 07-18-03 11
 #4 tig_ger 07-18-03 12
 No. 1, uh, no - No. 2 was the worst... mtopaz 07-18-03 13
 #2 tvgeek401 07-18-03 14
 So many stupid moves, so little tim... memacmur 07-18-03 15
 #4 sittem 07-18-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 07-18-03 17
 #2 MsShel330 07-18-03 18
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... magic_star 07-18-03 19
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 07-21-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-17-03, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#2"
Ms. Bebo,

I'd like Door #2, please. Not only did these arrogant slimes say more juvenile putdowns ("You should have seen Millie running around the airport like an idiot--or something along those lines-- last night") about Milli Vanilli, but they shoulda woulda coulda have lost this leg. Dang this non-elimation round!

Respectfully submitted,

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-18-03, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: #2"
Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-18-03, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
#2 was one of the worst moves of the entire season. Definitely the worst of this week.

Waruv 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-18-03, 03:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Waruv Click to send private message to Waruv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Numero Cuatro"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-03 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

Although #2 was a pitifully horrible move, I can sympathize as I was in a plane marathon of sorts recently, and was sickeningly grumpy and tired at the layover on a flight from Honolulu to Atlanta, which was 4 hours. I would have curled up on some seats or on the floor in the terminal and slept as well. Also, #1 was terrible as well, they know they are physically the strongest team (David and Jeff maybe), but they go with some guy an hour off the airport? #4, with the fast pace (or good editing) that Kelly completed the Road Block (Shocker), she and Jon could have been third place if they just stayed at the fish, or maybe even completed the trap.

Mini-edit: You have to believe that getting a full night of sleep pre-plane would help with the skills competition at the end, which is another reason I chose 4. If they didn't screw that up, I bet they'd be 3rd
---
"We tried to dance for years to come, but two can't lead and waltz as one"~ Mayfield Four

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-18-03, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#4 please"
While #1 was plain risky, and #2 and #6 showed a lack of attention to details, #4 not only cost them valuable time, but will have repurcussions throught the rest of their race.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-18-03, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#2"
#2 tops my list, but #4 is only barely edged out in the process. In fact, anything that these 2 miserable creatures do qualifies them for a "not so" move of the week, in my opinion! I knew in my heart that this was going to be a non-elim leg and when they fell behind, I was cursing the TV just like the last race when whiney Flo had completely given up only to be saved by the "non-elim." BTW Jon, that was a lousy immatation of Chevy Chase - "be the bow....be the arrow." Give me a break and lose!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-18-03, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#4, Nombre Quatre, Nummer Vier, etc."
To use a golfing term, this was really horrible "course management" by Kelly and John. They should've considered the lack of raw strength (in BOTH of them, I'm not pickin' on th' woman, heere ), and realized, as Millie & UpChuck did, that fishing was their better choice.

As to the others:

1. Reichen and Chip have gambled like this before, and it hasn't hurt them. Also, there always seems to be places in the game where groups catch up, so if I were playing, this would be a risk/reward that is worth taking. They made it in good time because of the shorter plane trip than Mumbai was, so it paid off.

2. While with perfect 20/20 hindsight we can indict Kelly and John for not trying harder to catch a flight, let's face it: few people have Millie's frenetic energy to do something like that. And, as I said above, a two hour difference can be made up.

3. No big deal. It was funnier to watch Kelly try to keep fish in the bucket with her derriere.

4. Gets my vote.

5. NOW we know why Chuck remains a virgin AND remains with Millie. In his defense, the arrows were waaayyyy too short for that bow; nobody could do much better with them. But Chuck was obviously mentally exhausted, and I think some of that is brought on by Millie and the pressure she exerts on him.

6. Reichen and Chip have taken the wrong path before (as at that canyon a few episoded back). They constantly make mistakes like this, and only their tremendous physical capabilities keep them in the game.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-18-03, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
Number 4 too....obviously lead to their demise and coming in last. However..it was clear that it was more than one mistake that they made last night.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-18-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "#2"
This was a tough week. All of these moves were pretty dumb, but I am going to have to pick #2. While #4 is a really close second (duh...tbe clue did say 'physical strength'), the early flight made a difference this time. The three who arrived on the early flight finished 1-2-3. Chip and Reichen got lucky by getting on that flight...I guess it pays to take chances.

btw, what was up with Chuckie and the bow and arrow. My kidlets could do better than that!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-18-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
#2 - The direct opposite of the Move of the Week. I understand that Kelly and Jon were pooped, but they should have at least considered looking for an earlier flight.

These were tough choices because each of them has merit as the Not-So-Move. R/C took a huge risk that fortunately didn't hurt them (#1), but they also showed their propensity for not paying attention (#6). Had this been the race to the finish line, Jon/Al would have won. M/C are a train wreck. She was smart to insist on sticking with Fish since that's where they ended up, but she looked like she had just downed 12 Mountain Dews with little food or sleep to counteract the caffeine (#3). Chuck was terrible at the Roadblock (#5), but if Millie had done it rather than being the spitball-infested-hair-cheerleader, a native would have been skewered and it would have started an international incident. K/J should have gone with Fish (#4) a la M/C, OR while at the Lobster trap, they should have used the posts on the boat as leverage a la J/A.

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-18-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
Finally a buffet of blunders worthy of the name.

5. Nah. Lack of skill is always going to be subordinate to real, mental mistakes in my book.
3. Millie's "hyperness" is what got them into the lead pack to begin with. Anyway I thought the Goats' goof was worse.
1. Incredible. They actually fell so far behind they looped back and ended up at the front. How lucky can you get?
4. Trap was a bad choice, to be sure, but by that point the standings for the leg were essentially decided anyway.

2 & 6. I went back and forth so much between these two. On the one hand, R/C's blunder was the only one that mattered. On the other, K/J's blunder could have cost them more. That said, it wasn't likely to, given what we know of the race structure. Then again, R/C's goof was just a momentary thing while K/J's was big enough that they actually had time to snark about busy-bee Millie without realizing how she aced them. Back the other way, K/J had no way of knowing that M/C's sacrifice of sleep would do them any good, while R/C's goof was completely avoidable -- as the Goats observed, the pit stop was in plain view from the roadblock. As against that, I really, really don't like Kelly/Jon.

So, when in doubt, I have to fall back on doing as the Chipsters are wont to do, and take the road less travelled. Therefore, in a split decision, I cast my vote for

The loser: #6

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#4"
Selecting an option that the team is clearly unsuited for and then changing one's mind is generally not a good idea, ladies.

Millie and Chuck's antics deserve an honorable mention.

A Kyngsladye Original

For those who might point out that Jon is not a lady, I would argue that Kelly is not strictly a lady either.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "No. 1, uh, no - No. 2 was the worst! Uhhhhh..."
So many "Not So Moves" this week, most of which are deserving first place prize!

#2 just barely edges out #1 as the Not So Move of the Week to me. The decisions by both teams at the initial leg of this episode could have resulted in their elimination (and would have for Kelly and Jon if it wasn't a non-elimination round). But sometimes taking risks can pay off in a big way, and in R/C's case, it actually did pay off because they were on the earlier flight with M/C and the J/A. Jon and Kelly would rather 1) sleep on an airport floor, and 2) make fun of Millie for knocking herself out for an earlier flight. Be that "cool" next time, and maybe you'll make my day and be eliminated!

(Note to Millie: calm down a little bit girl! What else is in that asthma inhaler?)

Minty Fresh Topaz

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-18-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#2"
Stupid non-elimination leg. The chance to finally get rid of these two, and it was a non-elim...grrr.
smiles
the tvgeek

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-18-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "So many stupid moves, so little time..."
I'm going to go with #2

I think Chillie would have been in last place if they had taken the same plane as Jon and Kelly, thanks to Chuck's complete incompetence with a bow...

If there's anything you should never take for granted, it's that there are no earlier flights potentially available.

Then again, how much do you want to bet that if they had arrived and seen another team still in the roadblock, Jon would have done the roadblock, pulled a Chuck and they would have still come in last?!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-18-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "#4"
Had this been elimination it would change my pick to #2, but I agree 100% with all of Dawg's reasoning throughout his post (what a scary thought!! ).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-18-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-18-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "#2"
This was the hardest Not So to decide. So much incompetence.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-18-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
I'll go with number two here.

Thanks again Bebo!

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-21-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eight"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-03 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

Hi Ms BeBo...kinda shock me when I saw your name starting this tread...

My thought process again...

1) After seeing them moving these risky move over and over again, I start to wonder..they probably made the move with their Fast Foward as back up...meaning, if work, it's a reward, if don't work, use the FF. Just that they probably need to be real careful at the later leg, as there are so many team not using the fast forward, they might hit the wall when actually they want to go for it, other teams has used it before them.

And come to think about it, from Indian to Malaysia isn't that far right? Is there really a need to risk your position for a 'not even sure how much time you will save' kinda move?

2) I am not so much disturb by their sleeping act, as it's really tiring to travel so much around. But the fact that they seem to begin to act like they are here for some kind of tour or sight seeing rather than for a race bother me. They seem to just go to air port, buy ticket as other would, after that, just wait for the plane to took off. No checking for other possibility (not even attemp to do so) or way out. Just wait!

3) It's kind of funny to see them catching the fish...as for the not so move, I don't think Millie can control herself NOT to be hyper.

4) I think the pass weeks' road block and detour must have spoil them. Those detour never seem to be 'very difficult to handle', so they probably did not take it to heart about the clue saying 'it need physical strenght'...BTW, how can you tell physical strenght mean how much physical strenght is needed?

Looking at the way Jon/Al pull up the trap...boy! The trap looks really heavy man! It's kinda unfair for the producer to create a detour specially for the all male team! The detour might be ok to be difficult, but should not be impossible for all female team or even male/female team to handle, right? Kelly is SOOOOO skinny that even if she did intend to give in her all, I doubt they can still got the trap pull out!

5) For a moment, I thought I saw 'Flo' in the lady version! Oh no, he is slightly better than Flo as he don't whine and at do road block. But then his expression, his depress...it's really a pain to see his face you know! If he ever wanted to get marry, he better make sure he is married to Millie. Anyone weaker in character or less hyper would not be able to make him do anything! (And if Millie is clever enough, she better run away from him as far as possible!)

6) Hmmm...everyone thoughts that roadblock means it's a task for 1 person to perform...so what should the other person do? Other than cheering for your team member, they can actually do alot of things: like standby their bags, so that once the other person finish the road block they can get moving...or maybe even load up their luggage in the cab? Secure the cab if possible? Or get the change ready for your partner (like the mud roadblock), or look around your enviornment to orientation your direction!! I don't know how much would it help by doing that in this race, but might save R/C from running off like a headless fly?

Come to conclusion..gosh, it's difficult to choose...I am going for 5.

BTW, Ms BeBo...when will TSI 8 be up?? Has been waiting..and waiting....!!!

---------------- Bye!! ^o^ ---------------

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •