The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-07-03, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-03 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-07-03 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

This live show starts up WEDNESDAY, sorry NOT Tuesday, and will also air on Thursday. For all I know runs forever!

Seriously, I've never seen a whole ep of it before.

I'm relying on my tv guide, which doesn't mention the number of episodes this will run for, but does say that Star Search launched the careers of Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera.

Is there a better reason to slam it?

How about this: Arsenio Hall is slated to host?

SherpaDave is up to his eyebrows in threads soliciting summary writers for other shows, so I'm helping out by asking anyone interested in taking on an ep of this show to post here, so that he can put together a schedule. This show is a great chance for first timers to do a summary. Are there still first-timers around this place?

I'll do a recap of WEDNESDAY NIGHT's instalment to get things started. If no-one cares to do Thursday's then I guess it won't get done. heehee.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... SurvivorBlows 01-07-03 1
   RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... AMAI 01-07-03 2
 RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... ejm92 01-09-03 3
   RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... AMAI 01-09-03 4
       RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... GeorgiaBelle 01-09-03 5
           RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... Lisapooh 01-09-03 6
           RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... AMAI 01-10-03 11
       RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... ejm92 01-09-03 8
   RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... smiles 01-09-03 7
 RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... Mon Cherie 01-09-03 9
 RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thur... ejm92 01-09-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-03 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

Click below for info... I think it has more details than you could ever want.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/print.php?sid=824

-SB

01-07-03, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-03 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

Thank you, Survivor Blows. So now I know that the show WILL NOT run forever. Phew!

What is especially interesting (to me) is that they have FOUR categories of competition

- Junior Singer, with one contestant aged 10!
- Adult Singer
- Comic
- Model

The Lists of Performers:

Wednesday, January 8

Junior Singers:

Eric Kidd, age 12
Hometown: Akron, Ohio

Janel Parrish, age 14
Hometown: Oahu, Hawaii

Adult Singers:

Mark Masri, age 29
Hometown: Toronto, Canada

Ugochi Nwaogwugwu, age 30
Hometown: Chicago

Comics:

Tyrone Barnett, age 26
Hometown: Tacoma, Washington

Steve Byrne, age 28
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Models:

Rada Grocic, age 22
Hometown: Oakpark, Illinois

Kim Harlan, age 19
Hometown: Marietta, Georgia

Thursday's (Jan. 9) performers:

Junior Singers:

Tiffany Evans, age 10
Hometown: Ocean City, New Jersey

Meaghan Markert, age 13
Hometown: Plymouth, Minnesota

Adult Singers:

Thomas "Chyno" Seabrooks, age 22
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

Nikki Kimbrough, age 27
Hometown: Jersey City, New Jersey

Comics:

Name: Jeff Garcia
Hometown: La Puente, California

Name: Adam Grove
Hometown: Toronoto, Canada

Models:

Melanie Molnar, age 19
Hometown: New York

Andrea Diaz, age 23
Hometown: Miami

The schedule is in the link, but I'll post it up here for quick reference:

Wednesday, Jan. 8
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT STAR SEARCH (Premiere)

Thursday, Jan. 9
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT STAR SEARCH

Wednesday, Jan. 15

Thursday, Jan. 16
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT STAR SEARCH (Semi-Final Episode)

Wednesday, Jan. 22

Thursday, Jan. 23

Wednesday, Jan. 29

Thursday, Jan. 30
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT STAR SEARCH (Semi-Final Episode)

Thursday, Feb. 6
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT STAR SEARCH (Series Finale)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-09-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Anyone else catch SS tonight? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, still a little corny....the judges weren't great....Naomi Judd was horrible, Ben Stein and the Seinfeld lady were ok, and Chaka Khan was just a bit too nice to most of the contestants.....Arsenio did a very good job of hosting, and was he kidding or not about Jack Osbourne being on the show tomorrow night? We'll see.....I think Erik (the 10 year old rapper) got shafted, I wanted to see him win, lol....

2002 NFC North Champs

01-09-03, 06:46 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Hi ejm92 - yes, I watched it, and I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

I don't think he is joking that Jack Osbourne will be a guest judge but I wasn't sure about whether Jack would be on tonight, or next week. Did you log on to CBS.com/star to cast your votes?

Wasn't that funny that one of the Models really wants to open a bakery?

I'll be posting a full summary of last night's ep later, hopefully tonight some time.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Hey at least three of us watched the show last night. I thought is was okay. Will give it another try tonight.

Looking forward to reading your summary. All you summary people just rock

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
I watched it too - it was a reality love fest last night! Star Search, Bachelorette and Celebrity Mole: must.get.out.more.

Anyway, I was pretty disappointed last night actually.

I thought the talent level was pretty dismal (except the junior singers who were both great and the comedian who won)

I've never really liked Arsenio Hall - and last night didn't do anything to change that.

Other than Ben Stein I didn't really like the judges either. Carol Leifer was funny but I think she gave more thought to her one-liners than she did her scoring. And Chaka must have blazed up a fattie right before the show - she seemed really out of it. Naomi Judd is awful.

Also, I don't really like that the viewers' judging is limited to the people seeing the show live. Eastern and Central folks are the only ones with a say.

I hate being this negative. I really did think both junior stars had lots of talent. The boy was so charismatic and the girl just had such a pure, beautiful voice. Very hard choice. They both far outclassed the adult singers we saw last night.

01-10-03, 11:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
GeorgiaBelle, thanks for your encouragement and sorry for the delay in getting the summary done - but it is on its way. I took time out to do a Mole summary (for a different board) and a summary for Escape from Experiment Island for RTVW.

Smiles, I found Arsenio just a tad annoying, so I'm not quite as respectful as you probably would be. I will incorporate a few notes re Thurs. night in my recap.

I also watched the Thurs. night ep and so got to see Jack Osbourne. I agree that he was respectful and well-behaved.

I find I'm most interested in the comics. I enjoyed Jeff Garcia's act very much.

Naomi Judd is a MAJOR idiot - her lame-o comments, however, are good for recappers

Anyway, I shall get back to my half-finished summary and hope to have it up some time Saturday evening.

It's good to see that there is some interest in this show

01-09-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Yes, I sure did cast my votes, although the Comedian category was the only category where I really voted 5 stars for one person and 1 for the other, lol.....and as I understood it, Jack Osbourne will be on tonight if Arsenio wasn't joking.

2002 NFC North Champs

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-09-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
I watched too. I actually liked it and I enjoyed Arsenio as the host. He is a million times better than stale Ed McMann (sp).

The JR competion was the best and they should have been saved for the final to compete. I don't think putting an Opera singer vs. a rapper was a good idea for the first night.

Was that baker/biologist/student/french speaking model for real? I am glad she didn't win.

Everyone else was blah, but I agree with Ben that the Nigerian's dress did not go with the song.

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-09-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
I remember watching the original Star Search when I was young, when Sinbad was funny. And there will never be another Sam Harris .

Mon

01-09-03, 09:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Star Search 8pm CBS Tues & Thurs"
Jack was judging tonight, and did a superb job if I may add.....I figured he'd be a total DAW and hate them all, but he was nice, clean, and respectful...Sharon must have forewarned him before he left. I'm beginning to hate this Naomi Judd, if you're going to be a tough judge, don't act so nicey-nice! I think she could be the Simon Cowell of Star Search, lol.

2002 NFC North Champs

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •