The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-02, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor, the tribes receive new members.

{Clay} There's a dummy over there, I can't carry the damn thing. I need...

{Ted} You lie!
{Clay} I swear to God, there's a dummy over there as big as your ass.

{Ted - laughing}

{Jeff Probst} And Chuay Gahn is tearing apart.

{Ted} The relationship between Ghandia and I is non-existent...

{Ted} ...I only see five people on this island.

{Ghandia} We ain't going to be picking each other apart. If they start that sh--, I'm going to shut that sh-- down. I don't care!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 just one small comment shakes the clown 10-04-02 1
   Shakes Rocks Cathy the Canadian 10-04-02 5
   just TWO small comments... SurvivinDawg 10-04-02 12
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps SmokeWilliams 10-04-02 2
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps SurvivinDawg 10-04-02 10
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps wendyp 10-04-02 14
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps lroy 10-04-02 3
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Loree 10-04-02 8
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Brownroach 10-04-02 15
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps jkokoj 10-04-02 4
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps NightScribe 10-04-02 6
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps samiam 10-04-02 7
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Bucky Katt 10-04-02 9
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps cowboyroo 10-04-02 11
 A few things about the dummy... Bungler 10-04-02 13
   More Pix of the Dummy sweetpea 10-04-02 17
       RE: More Pix of the Dummy Rain Crow 10-05-02 18
           RE: More Pix of the Dummy hearkittykitty 10-05-02 19
               RE: More Pix of the Dummy NightScribe 10-05-02 20
                   RE: More Pix of the Dummy Yogi 10-05-02 21
               RE: More Pix of the Dummy YMwife 10-05-02 22
                   RE: More Pix of the Dummy ulalame 10-05-02 23
                       RE: More Pix of the Dummy incognita_chiquita 10-06-02 24
           RE: More Pix of the Dummy megan 10-07-02 26
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Yogi 10-04-02 16
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Goblin 10-06-02 25
 Tuesday night promo Outfrontgirl 10-09-02 27
   RE: Tuesday night promo SurvivinDawg 10-09-02 28
   RE: Tuesday night promo PhillyBrat 10-09-02 29
       RE: Tuesday night promo pancho 10-09-02 30
   RE: Tuesday night promo snoocharoo 10-09-02 31
       RE: Tuesday night promo jkokoj 10-09-02 32
       Throwing the IC MakeItStop 10-09-02 33
           RE: Throwing the IC ZJ 10-10-02 34
               We're talkin about SURVIVOR remembe... snoocharoo 10-10-02 35
                   Good Thinkin'... Rain Crow 10-10-02 36
                       Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pic 3 ... Boilermaker 10-10-02 37
                           RE: Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pi... fivestarwheezy 10-10-02 38
                               RE: Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pi... snoocharoo 10-10-02 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-02, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "just one small comment"
>
>{Ted} ...I only see five people
>on this island.
>

....not that we had any doubts about who wins the Ghanduh vs Ted Bundy dispute, but notice the body language in these photos. Ted is right in the middle of the pack during what appears to be dinner preparation/relaxing time around the campsite. On the other hand, Ghanduh is sitting at the far end of her tribemates AND with her back to the group as she is involved in her own activity and not part of the conversation that is going on.

Also, don't underestimate the importance of this being food prep/relax time as opposed to a work moment....group dynamics are MOST important and most telling during the periods when people are at their happiest, and from previous contestants we have learned that the most important bonding times were always when they were just hanging out and eating. Its like a form of conditioning...people in this game are at their happiest when they are eating so if they associate YOU with eating they will also subconsciously associate happiness and good feelings with YOU. Alrigtht, I think the drugs have talked long enough so I'll reclaim the keyboard and go on.

But, I should also not how Ted says "I only see five people". If he were ostracized from the tribe he might state that he only sees himself, or the one or two others that might support him in that decision (like Clay and Brian possibly). But, he clearly isn't having a problem with the other tribemates....that's what I read into that statement.

Now, take that statement in connection with what Ghanduh says in the next clip and it all comes together...

>{Ghandia} We ain't going to be
>picking each other apart.
>If they start that sh--,
>I'm going to shut that
>sh-- down. I don't
>care!

I added the bold, but the point is clear. "If THEY start that sh--", not "If TED starts that sh--". Now we know for sure that she is having a problem with more than just Ted, which could mean the guys, or just Ted and Clay, or all five of her tribemates. The point is that whereas Ted seems at peace with everyone in the tribe except Ghanduh, Ghanduh has more than one enemy on her list. If these guys go to TC again next ep I don't think we'll be seeing a gender bending 3-3 tie vote.

Ghanduh is on borrowed time.....as soon as SJ decides it is done cleaning up its own house and actually tries to win an IC she is good as gone, out to Loser Loddge with the rest of the stars of the show ;)

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-04-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Shakes Rocks"
Couldn't of said it better myself Shakes.

I think Ghandia convieniently forgetting to mention that Ted fully apologized was an eye-openner for the other girls.

Also, whenever they show us an obvious boot, it never happens. As soon as we saw Helen tell Brian that "we're taking him out next time", I knew he was safe.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "just TWO small comments..."
Everything shakestheclown said is correct. Shakes! I want some of those drugs! Give 'em up! I think we can add to this, also: it was clear (at least to me) in Ep. 3 that Helen was all but setting up Ghandia over this incident. I am surmising that Helen (not previously-thought Clay) was the person GDiva (Ghandia) really hated, along with follice-ly challenged Ted. Therefore, that they very likely is Ted and Helen, or Ted, Clay and Helen. Ghandia is clearly beyond frustration to be isolating herself so badly, when she was trying to be the queen bee (per John's comments on Ghandia's doing the puzzle in Ep.1 IC).

My second small comment is this: NOTICE that there was virtually NOTHING on Sook Jai in the promos. SPOILER ALERT! To paraphrase Conan Doyle, that dog doing nothing in the night time has some meaning, peeps.

"Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
The dummy stands out for me. What are they going to do with it? I think it will have something to do with a switch. Unless they have to carry it around during a challenge. Perhaps they have to choose a member to be replaced by the dummy and then that member has to go over to the other side. Burn-it wants to make life more hellish for the Sookies so they get Ghandia. How annoying to have Doood and Ghandia on the same tribe.

10-04-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
My guess is that the dummy is for the reward challenge. It comes with treemail. I suspect a triage challenge, similar to S-II (where Kucha whipped Ogakor's @$$ quite badly and made Amber cry).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-04-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Since they keep saying new challenges, what if this is similar to the triage, but ther reason they are giving the heavy dummies is that they will have to carry a person picked by the other team. Sj would pick them to carry Ted, and then CG would pick probably Robb. This way the other team has a heavy person and lose the strenght of a member. I know this is out there, but WHY is it so heavy ?

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
The first thing i thought when i saw the dummy was that this is going to be some sort of a rescue challenge involving the dummy. Is this the end of the all new challenges, since other episode's of Survivor have had rescue challenges?

As for Ghandia alienating herself from the group, as Shakes stated, i think it began with the fact she neglected to tell Helen & Jan that he apologized, and that in Ted's mind it was already water under the bridge. By leaving that itty bitty detail out, it portrays her as a liar.

This is only a guess...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Ghandia is on the outside like Frank was in Africa. He didn't join in the bonding of eating together. He was off imitating elephants.

And nobody is going to side with Ghandia when they see she is the minority. Ted is more a leader and when people start to side with him, they will not want to be seen by the others as supporting the troube-maker which Ghandia has made herself. I felt sorry for the red berets when Ghandia was having her fit. They must have wondered what they had gotten themselves into.

And you know Helen told Brian about Ghandia because she knew he would go to Ted with it. Helen and Clay have not been that close, so she chose Brian who seems to get along with everyone to be the courier of this news. And then Helen got what she wanted. Ted denied it was a big deal and Ghandia freaked and caused a scene which puts the bullseye on Ghandia and Ted and off of Helen.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
I agree about Helen. She was soaking up Ghandia's story, responding sympathetically to every sentence, while Jan was relatively quiet. I think Helen sensed the opportunity to create some new targets, knowing she herself wasn't too safe. I could picture her saying, decisively, "Well, the three of us have to get rid of him, that's all."

And whether both Jan and Ghandia agreed with her, we don't know for sure. Helen could have just told Brian they were going to do that in order to get things stirred up.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-04-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
I was going to say essentially the same thing as Shakes regarding the body language from G.

Both tribes receive a dummy. Either this will be part of the reward challenge or it is a give-away that there will be some sort of switch.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-04-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
The dummy comes with the treemail -- notice how the caps of the dummy are separated by a shot of the treemail basket. I'm guessing this has to do with a challenge -- possibly reward.

Could be a rescue challenge considering how heavy the dummies are. If the dummies were symbolic of a switch, why make them heavy? It obviously takes more than one person to carry them.
Yes, I'm thinking this is like the other challenges where they get to practice before it starts, like leaving the stilts or the slingshots in the treemail.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Actually, my first thought with the dummy was that they had to carry it around for a week and pretend it was a real baby. Apparently EPM took Family Life classes, too. *grin*

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
A rescue mission with dummies? You know the show is going downhill when they start stealing challenge ideas from Celebrity Boot Camp.....

"Lemme tell ya something - the day Bucky Katt eats a green Skittle is the day Bucky Katt lost his groove."

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
This is majorly just a hunch, but it came to my head. Possibly the dummy is part of the RC. Each tribe has to hide their dummy around their camp. The other tribe has to come and steal the dummy from the other tribe's camp. The tribe who gets back first gets to steal a member from the other tribe...There is by no means any evidence of this, but would be an interesting twist...

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "A few things about the dummy..."
1. Clay complains that he can't carry the damn thing. That's because it's HUGE! We already know that Stephanie is tall. Look at her picking this sucker up. From seat to the top of its head, it's almost as tall as her!

2. More huge comparisons. I *DO* think this is treemail, but that basket must also be huge. You can see the foot of the dummy in the right hand part of this image. Note the tied scroll (treemail) on the top.

3. Clay clearly is reading the treemail in this cap.

All of these things may be obvious, but I just wanted to point them out, in case they weren't obvious.

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-04-02, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "More Pix of the Dummy"
I copied these from another board. Thanks to Peggy in Ohio for the link and vidcaps of the preview that was on the CBS site which doesn't seem to be there anymore.

It shows the challenge involving the dummies. Each tribe has dressed their dummy and they are carrying them. It looks like Helen falls down.

Also, Shi says that "she hates us" and it focuses on Steph.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/video/week03/s5video_00.shtml

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-02, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-02 AT 06:50 AM (EST)

The first pic is taken on Chewies beach where Grande was rock throwing. I'm not sure the object between them is the dummy. The shape is not quite right, sort of an amoeba-like blob with no distinct arms legs or head. Also, why go all the way over there to practice dressing or carrying? There may be something else going on here.

Perhaps they are competing in a "totally new" SOS challenge. Of course! MB could have them spell SOS BACKWARDS this time!

This third pic is very interesting and has great spoiling potential. I'm just having trouble figuring it out.

I think the extreme left of the pic shows Jan's blue coveralls (although it could be Jiffy), and the other 5 Chewies are clearly visible. Thus, the entire Chewing Gum tribe is running past the Suckies with NO DUMMY! Also, the Suckies have apparently dropped their dummy and are recovering from the drop. However, both tribes are going in the same direction and one has no dummy. If this were the start of a race, it is hard to believe the Suckies would be picking up their dummy so much faster that the Chewies. Therefore, I believe we are clearly seeing shots from the middle of a race of some sort, but what kind?

If the tribes have to carry the dummy past a finish line, then why is Chewie going in the same direction with no dummy? Likewise, if it is a relay or mulitple lap race involving the carrying/rescuing/moving of a single dummy or multiple dummies, the Chewies still have no dummy. I could understand this pic more if they were going in opposite directions or carrying dummies in the same direction.

Edited to add: What is the large oval mottled thing between Helen and the dummy's head? it is totally gone in the fourth pic.

Do any of you spoilers out there know of any Thai games, legends, practices, etc. that might fit this pattern? I really believe this pic will be extremely helpful once we figure a few things out.

Finally, I thought at first that Doood was blindfolded, but then realized he was wearing his dark shades/primping mirror.

By the way, I cropped the large single image posted by sweetpea and turned it into four separate images to make it easier to reference. Here are the other two:

"Onward Thru the Fog"

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-02, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
CG's dummy is in this picture as well - it's like Robb is dragging both dummies:

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
That's what I thought when I saw this vidcap. But how can Robb be carrying both when it's obvious that it takes more than one person to just carry a single dummy? Why isn't anyone else helping him?

Considering Yogi's post below, could this be "capture the other team's guard/dummy?" Hmmmm...

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
This pic shows the two dummies 'back to back'.

Question: Why is Jan not in any of the pictures?

YMwife 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-05-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YMwife Click to send private message to YMwife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
If you look at the pic of the dummies back to back and the pic of Robb where it looks like he's trying to drag both, it looks like the would be consecutive pictures. Possibly the beginning of the race and Robb beat everyone else to the 2 dummies?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
I don't think Robb is trying to drag both dummies. I think he is picking up the Sook Jai dummy from the posture where the dummies are face to face. Perhaps the dummies are set up at a milestone, and the teams have to race to the dummies, pick up or "rescue" their own dummy, and then carry it as a team to another spot or finish line, the first team to retrieve their dummy wins.

incognita_chiquita 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail incognita_chiquita Click to send private message to incognita_chiquita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"

> Perhaps the dummies are
>set up at a milestone,
>and the teams have to
>race to the dummies

Now that you mention it, this really makes the most sense, otherwise why would ppl from both teams be running all together in the same direction?

megan 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail megan Click to send private message to megan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: More Pix of the Dummy"
>The first pic is taken on
>Chewies beach where Grande was
>rock throwing. I'm not
>sure the object between them
>is the dummy. The
>shape is not quite right,
>sort of an amoeba-like blob
>with no distinct arms legs
>or head. Also, why
>go all the way over
>there to practice dressing or
>carrying? There may be
>something else going on here.

There are clearer pics at: http://www.survivorfever.net/vc-ep4-10-05.html

including these:

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Perhaps instead of the SOS challenge they have to 'dress up' the
dummies to look like the following. They are called 'Demon Guardians' and
they guard the gates of the Temple of the Emerald Buddha.

Just a thought.

Goblin 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-06-02, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goblin Click to send private message to Goblin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Over on SurvivorFever there is a clearer picture of the CG dummy's face. It appears to made up as a female as apposed to SJ dummy, whose face is that of a male. Just wanted to point this out in light of the Gender Bender title and all. Why would one tribe make a female dummy and one a male dummy? Perhaps when we hear Shi Ann saying "She hates us" she's referring to CG female dummy.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Tuesday night promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 04:51 AM (EST)

Did anyone cap the promo they showed tonight during Judging Amy? Or copy the text? I saw it but wasn't taping.

It starts with the Ted--ghandia conflict heating up and talks about the tribal split. Then you get Brian explaining they've regressed (to a more primitive time?) with the men doing the fishing and the women in the camp--strong implication that it's because they aren't gettin along.

No SJ, no dummies in this promo (except the obvious).

Hmmm, so the male-female division is not total misdirection; it happens, but that doesn't mean it causes a tie at TC. I doubt that very much.

Edit: they have caps at SFever that aren't that new:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc-ep4-104.html

I think they added some fighting footage at the beginning of these; it was new to me.

I don't see how there could be a switch this episode unless it happened well into the show and they're not hyping it at all.
We see all the current members of CG involved in this gender split and the tribes are the same for the dummy challenge, right?

I know some are still hanging on to a gender-based switch in Ep 4, or any switch, but I don't see how it could fit with what we've seen.

10-09-02, 07:10 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Tuesday night promo"
I personally think we can discard the idea of a switch/swap in Episode 4. MB tends to hint at these things to entice viewership. Since we're not getting any clues of that, I'd say the switch doesn't happen this episode.

27-25
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Tuesday night promo"
Ummm.. Did we miss something here??? I checked out the "caps at SFever that aren't new" I have one HUGE question?? How did CG get a Fishing NET? It's totally diffrent then the one SJ won.. Could we have our RC Winners given to us?? Did anyone else see this???

And then there were none....

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-09-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Tuesday night promo"
Before the RC in ep2 Jeff said that there was a much larger net that could be won than the one that was given to the tribes in their original survival crates.
The net looks pretty small to me so I doubt that it is anything new.
pancho

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Tuesday night promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

OFG...didn't see the promos but wanted to direct your attention to another thread. See "Jed's interview" posted by true. In it Jed discusses how damn lazy the "fort people" are and explains that there is so much on SJ that we aren't being shown because basically there is nothing to show, the fort people are lazy and Dood and Steph are too exhausted to do anything but get food.

There is no switch, not yet at least I think the switch is EP.6 below I'll explain why.

Jed harbors bitter, bitter feelings toward Penny, Shii Ann and other fort people. He says that his alliance was with Steph, Dood and Penny so he thought. This bitterness leads me to believe that they never had time to reconcile at LL, thus Penny and Shii stick around for a while.

The gender bender hype is just hype. I think Brian's comment is taken comepletely out of context to create an illusion of friction. He probably jokes and says "we are regressing to cave man times when women had camp chores and men hunted and fished" The friction in CG is not nearly as high as what we are being led to believe. Ghandia does not get booted this week because CG wins immunity again by SJ throwing the challenge to fulfill Erin's prophecy of "getting rid of some people".

SJ goes to TC and votes out Steph in Ep. 4 Gender Bender. This leaves Robb as the last man from that alliance standing. Thus he fulfills his role as despondant underdog. Episode 5 is titled "Oceans Twist" and I believe it here that we part ways with our dear Ghandia. In Ep.6 we have a merge or switch of some type, and Dood finds himself alliance-less and thus has to campaign in a powerful way. Giving us Ep. 6 title The Power of One. He fails and is ultimately given the boot. Then it's the Fort People - vs- Cave People.

Now wouldn't it be nice if it really worked out that way???

Snoocharoo

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-09-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Tuesday night promo"
You convinced me!LOL And all this from one little interview with Jed!!!!! HA HA

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Throwing the IC"
Right now the chewies have 6 people and the purple people have 7. If the PP throw the IC then they will also have 6 people. That just doesn't make sense to me. I know that the survivors don't always do the smart thing, but that just seems stupid.

“She’s a beauty queen gone bad!” -- Marcellus about Amy.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Throwing the IC"
Agreed. Seriously, it is really dumb to think that they could purposely lose the IC and fight 6-6 against CG. Isn't it better to have a numerical advantage?
In S3 when Boran voted out Kelly, the Samburu 4 of Brandon, Kim, Teresa and Frank all had no previous votes, compared to Boran 4 of Lex, Tom, Ethan and Kim, in which Lex and Tom had votes, even if either one won immunity would not have been good enough if the Samburu pple joined forces.
Boran were dumb to do that, Samburu even dumber not to exploit that.
I don't think the survivors now would be so dumb to repeat that.

10-10-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "We're talkin about SURVIVOR remember????"
Logically it would make sense to have the numeric upper hand but then again this is SURVIVOR we are discussing, logic plays no starring role in this DAW game.

Alternate idea, SJ wins immunity in Ep.4 and CG tells GDiva "don't let the door hit you on your ample ass on the way out". Now the tribes are 7-vs-5. Sook Jai fails to get their ##### together and loses immunity in Ep.5, they get rid of Steph. Dood fulfills his despondent underdog destinty as the odd man out. The tribes are 6-vs-5 going into ep.6. There is some type of merge and Dood becomes the pivitol "power of one" vote that will determine which alliance gets pagonged. If Dood jumps ship to the CG's logic holds that another SJ takes the walk of shame. CG's assume the position of power that carries them far enough into the game to fulfill the weight loss spoilers.

Not so stupid now huh?

Snoocharoo

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Good Thinkin'..."
Snoochie, you are right in line with my thoughs.

I am now closer that ever to believing that in Ep. 4, the RC and IC are combined. If Jiffy does this, then the Suckies, who are desparately in need of food items of any kind, will again pull together to win, even if it goes against their plan to throw the IC and boot out another problem child. I think MB and JP like to see an occasional thrown IC, but they don't want it to become a habit...too predictable. No one tries to throw a RC, so they just combine the two and force the Suckies to suck it up and win. Ghandia is Gone.

Then, next IC, the Suckies realize that the merge is coming and they don't want potential traitors in their midst. Therefore, they throw the Ep. 5 IC and boot Steph. Steph gets it because they think Dood will either suck up to them or will be such an idiot that he will not go over to the Chewies after merge. They may even try to make Dummie Dood think he is in the good graces and will make Final 4.

Then, Dummie Dood fools them all and sides with the Chewies to boot his hated arch-enemy, the She-Devil, in Ep. 4..."The Power of One".

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pic 3 Analysis"
The logic in losing the immunity challenge if you are Sook Jai is in case the tribes merge or swap it would only help them out. If there is a merge and no swap as I suspect in week 5 or 6 then by kicking out a tribe member that might (probably would) vote against them would make even more sense then having the other tribe win. Both tribes would kick out the weakest link in their alliance if they lose. So why not lose to the point that you feel your alliance is strong. Maybe you want to save one weak link for a while as a cushion, but in Sook Jai's case it only makes sense to me to kick out either Rob or Stephanie right now.

Even in a swap this makes sense from a numbers standpoint.

The Jed interviews/web responses I have read seem to have alot of shock and anger in them. Won't Stephanie and Robb feel the same?

Finally my take on the often discussed picture #3 of sweetpeas thread with Chewey Gooey in the back ground and Robb in the foreground is as follows. It looks to me that Robb and either Stephanie or Erin (though I believe it is Steph) are carrying their team's dummy with noone else around. It appears to me that the dummy has fallen Robb and the other are picking it up while Chewey Gooey are passing them. Maybe some team members have fallen or maybe some other team members have slowed to the point that Robb has gone ahead of the team because he feels his head is on the choppping block. What do you think???

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pic 3 Analysis"
A few questions...

1) most posters seem to think that a merge will happen in E5 or E6. Do we have any evidence of this, or is it just because that's what has happened in the past?

2) regarding Dood, if he becomes a swing vote, I'm not sure he would side with Clay, his other 'arch-enemy'

3) could the sting-ray incident have any effect on who will be voted off in E6? If it's a foot or hand injury, the person could be useless to the team, and thus voted off. I wonder if 'the power of one' could refer to the importance of the person who is stung.

Sorry if these are silly questions--i am a newbie and am trying my best...

10-10-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Logic in losing and Sweetpea Pic 3 Analysis"
Welcome to SB!!!!! We are always happy to have new members present intelligent perspectives to the conversation. No one here will flame you unless it's well deserved, and that rarely happens. But I will impart a word of warning...Beware of Clowns.

"2) regarding Dood, if he becomes a swing vote, I'm not sure he would side with Clay, his other 'arch-enemy'"

Dood has no real beef with Clay, what you saw in the RC was a bunch of peacocking and posturing. Men acting like well...men. However, Dood made his dislike of Shii very clear and I have no doubt he would side with the CG's if it meant taking her out.

Snoocharoo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •