The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
{Early Show Host} This evening on Survivor Thailand, the two tribes face off in a grueling challenge at sea, where a good sense of balance could mean the difference between winning and losing.
{Jeff Probst} Today's challenge is a race along this bamboo course.

{Jeff Probst} Now, at the end of each course, two boats, one for each tribe...

{Jeff Probst} ...your goal: rob or steal 10 items from the other tribe's boat, back to your boat. First tribe to do so, wins.

{--Clay falls off course, but Brian catches his suitcase--}

{Jeff Probst} Nope, that one's dead. In the water, in the water! Clay, back to the start.

{--Brian throws it down, and continues along course--}

{--Robb pauses before taking on Ted--}

{Jeff Probst} We've got a showdown!
{Robb, hard to understand -- so I'm guessing} Can you stand trying to pop me, bro?

{Ted} Whatever I gotta do.

{--Robb attempts to hurdle him, both fall in water--}

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) Bungler 10-03-02 1
   RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) tree 10-03-02 2
 RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) hrc2u 10-03-02 3
   RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) erikman 10-03-02 4
       RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) tree 10-03-02 5
 RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) SurvivorBlows 10-03-02 6
   RC Rules? Rain Crow 10-03-02 7
       RE: RC Rules? Chrissy gal 10-03-02 9
           RE: RC Rules? TechNoir 10-03-02 10
           Yep, I goofed! Rain Crow 10-03-02 12
   RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) Bungler 10-03-02 8
 RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps) wendyp 10-03-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-03-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Just a few observations.

In case you couldn't tell, the course is a criss-cross X, with two boats each per tribe.

Jed falls into the water by himself, as does Clay.

Clay's suitcase never once lands in the water. Brian catches it as it lands on the platform he's standing on. (so Jeff Probst is being completley nit-picky)

I didn't write it down, but as Robb hurdles Ted, I could swear Clay shouts "Give him the blackdown, Ted!" Blackdown, as opposed to smackdown? Cracked me up, but I may not be right.

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Wow, great work getting this vidcaps up so fast!
Is that Ted's head in the water behind Brian catching Clay's suitcase? Maybe that actually happens after Dood tries to hurdle Ted. I wonder if the Chewies could just leave Ted at the fork as a blocker?

Blackdown heehee

tree

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Bungler,
As always excellent job!!!
As a note it looks like Robb is losing some weight appears his shorts are about to fall off.

Also looks like a slippery challenge. I can see why tempers may soar

hrc2u

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
yep thats ted in the watter, he needs to just be blocker. just let him kick rob and jed's butt.

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Please, please let us see Ted kick Robbb's butt. Dood, look at my butt! Let me see your butt! Do you have Ted-sized boot marks on your butt?
tree

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
Bung, good work. One question -- this doesn't look like a one-at-a-time thing -- we see Brain and Caly on the platforms at the same time, Robb and Shii, Ghandia and Ted, etc.) -- is it a relay race?

And if not, any more details on how it works? ...I was originally thinking it was one person from each team goes at a time -- and therefore Purple probably wouldn't need to have anyone sit out -- but clearly that's not the case.

-SB

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RC Rules?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-02 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

Looks like two teams of six and each team can have no more than two people on the course at one time. We never see more that two on the course at any time, but we do see Ted and She-Devil swimming back to the starting boat. If it was 6-8, the Suckies would get more rest between runs, so I belive they have to sit out two (Penny and Jake?).

Now, if you fall off, it seems you must swim back to the starting boat. If any goody bag touchs the water, it is apparently considered lost. It is also obviously OK to block or unbalance your opponents so that they or their loot falls in the water.

Since we are apparently seeing only the first 2-3 relays, it is hard to tell who has the advantage. I am inclined to favor Chewing Gum since Ted and Grande make good human barricades, however, much will depend on timing of the contestants and who they have to deal with.

This will be fun, regardless who wins!!!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

(Edited to correct the Suckie sit-outs.)

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-03-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RC Rules?"
I think Erin is sitting this one out since the CG players are in the boat waiting their turn.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RC Rules?"
I love this pic. Looks like Jiffy in a skirt.

Ok, ok, I'll go to bashers.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Yep, I goofed!"
Good catch Chrissy! I had it that way at first and then edited it to Penny. We can also see Erin and probably Jake in this vidcap from survivorfever.

I got the sit-outs mixed up when I got to thinking about this vidcap, which shows Penny and Ken missing and probably sitting out the IC.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

10-03-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-02 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Unfortunately for us, the preview didn't really detail the rules of the game in much detail. From what I've seen of the previous vidcaps, the Asian preview, and this new set from Early Show, though, there don't seem to be more than 2 players from each tribe in play at any one given point.

In the Robb hurdling Ted shot, there's Ted & Ghandia from CG, and Robb & Shii Ann from SJ.

In the Jed knocking over Brian shot, there's Brian & Ted from CG, and Jed & Shii Ann from SJ.

In the Asia preview, there's a shot (which I think is the very beginning), with Clay & Ted from CG, and Jed & Steph from SJ.

But in all of the shots we have, there are never more than 2 people from each tribe in play. One caveat: from the Early Show caps, when Clay tumbles into the water, Ted appears to be in the water and headed back to his boat. Brian appears to be just starting towards the boat filled with baskets. That puts 3 CG's in play at once, but perhaps if there is a 2 vs. 2 (at one time) rule in place, once you've fallen into the water, another from your team is allowed to jump into play.

That's all guesswork though.

-----------

edited to say Hiya to Rain Crow, who's apparently on the same brainwave that I am. ;)

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-03-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Early Show Preview (w/ vidcaps)"
The Ted/RObb this is bothering me . . . Shii -ann is that close and he does not toss it to her when he is going down????? We have seen the same shot of Ted squating with Shii-ann . . . is he not able to make it across the planks so he is just blocking... or are the SJ head and they need to slow them down.

Thanks BUNGLER! As always you are wonderful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •