The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mario news"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mario news"
Take a look.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150702,00.html

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mario news batts 03-17-05 1
 RE: Mario news Flairmarq 03-17-05 2
 RE: Mario news true 03-17-05 3
   RE: Mario news geekboy 03-17-05 4
 RE: Mario news batts 03-17-05 5
 RE: Mario news shedevil 03-17-05 6
 RE: Mario news Cassandra 03-18-05 7
   RE: Mario news shedevil 03-22-05 10
 RE: Mario news seahorse 03-20-05 8
 RE: Mario news Smooth23 03-21-05 9
   RE: Mario news Flairmarq 03-22-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-17-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mario news"
Good for Mario...... he took the better road to success! I wish him the best and hope he does well. I didnt realize what Clay gave up just to stay on Idol! From that article, it seems Clay didnt realize he would be tied to a contract with Fuller even YEARS after the finals!

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-17-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mario news"
Thanks for the info. I kinda figured it was professional. Just to think, you like a bad contract like that--basically a high commission contract with a several year commitment. I don't blame him for leaving.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mario news"
He may get a better deal up front for quitting, but it seems to me that her really used this show to get it. If he was that quick to jump ship, then I doubt he had any intention of trying to win this show. I don't really blame him, but I do think it was a crappy thing to do to other contestants who actually WANT to compete.

Heck, once they get to top 10, maybe all of them will hire lawyers to get out of the contract with free exposure. Blah.

I bet he goes nowhere. Then again, I never liked him.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mario news"
I have to agree with you on this one. Yes, going the 'traditional' route would probably be best from a financial point of view, but everyone of these contestants knew the details of the contract a long time ago. They've had a long time to back out, so i find it a bit tacky to get into the top 12 and then jump ship after you've had teh "free" exposure.

Re: Clay, he followed up on his contract through his first CD, and then given teh success he's seen, i don't blame him. He made a business decision, but for mario i see it has using the program for free exposure.

geekboy

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-17-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mario news"
Something else I noticed about that article is how hard the author tries to make Mario look self centered and greedy. May just be me, but it seems like the article swings waaaaaaay over to Fox's IDOL's version of 'how' he left! I wonder why that is?
Now, I cant help but wonder how the other 'non-winners' who get up to 2nd 3rd, & 4th place will get stuck with what Clay got stuck with?
Is it too late for my other favorites to bail?

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mario news"
It seems Mario is the jerk I thought he was, I never bought into his innocent act. He should've just told the truth, he left for greener pastures not "personal reasons". I don't think he sings that great, so I won't be buying anything he releases.

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mario news"
Never was a Mario fan and now feeling pretty happy about it. Thanks for the article, geekboy, it was very interesting. I never knew Clay bolted from the AI mgmt company. Here is an article on Mario and his assessment of his celebrity status. Have a chuckle.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/22569.htm

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-05, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mario news"
That is too funny that Mario got kicked out of the V.I.P. section for bothering Jessica & Ashlee. What a loser.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mario news"
I look at it this way. The contract given to an AI finalist is not as good as they could get on their own given the exposure they get from the show, but if it was not for the show where would Clay Aiken be, probably a struggling singer if that.

Mario probably quit a little too quickly to build up a fan base from his AI exposure. I doubt anyone will remember him a couple of years from now.

You can bet the contracts signed by future AI contestants will be a lot more difficult to get out of.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mario news"
I can see the future. I see lots of weddings and bar-mitzvahs(sorry for the spelling mangling) in Mario's future.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-22-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mario news"
I think what sets him apart is experience. He was a guest vocal on a newly released record, he was a back up singer for Michael Jackson (make all the jokes you want--a lot of his back up singers made great solo careers i.e. Sheryl Crow).

I think Idol gave him a fan base and my bet is that his agent will probably keeping him in the spotlight. He already has (going to a party attened by celebs, David Letterman, tv tabloid shows, ect.)

Simple formula...Exposure=fans

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •