The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-01-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
This is the title posted at survivorfever.com

No description is listed, just that a 5th survivor is voted out.

My initial thought is that this episode could be weather related. Real monsoon weather would shake the tribes up worse than any switch.

(be gentle, I thought this deserved a new thread)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Bebo 10-01-02 1
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... PepeLePew13 10-01-02 5
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... smrtNsassybnkr 10-08-02 26
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... MissSusan 10-10-02 32
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Lin 10-04-02 8
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... hrc2u 10-07-02 19
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... PhillyBrat 10-01-02 2
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... wendyp 10-01-02 3
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... erikman 10-01-02 4
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... tree 10-03-02 7
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... ejm92 10-01-02 6
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... ZJ 10-04-02 9
           RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... SmokeWilliams 10-04-02 10
 Interesting Shii Ann photos ulalame 10-06-02 11
   RE: Interesting Shii Ann photos BMH 10-06-02 12
   RE: Interesting Shii Ann photos Krautboy 10-06-02 13
   Probably Day One Rain Crow 10-07-02 14
       Net full of fish hattiebaker 10-07-02 15
           RE: Net full of fish starshyn99 10-10-02 33
 TV Guide Update sweetpea 10-07-02 16
   RE: TV Guide Update corcam 10-07-02 17
   RE: TV Guide Update dabo 10-07-02 18
       RE: TV Guide Update wtd1234 10-08-02 24
       More what ifs Cathy the Canadian 10-09-02 27
   RE: TV Guide Update ShowMeTheWinner 10-08-02 20
       "The Winds Twist" Krautboy 10-08-02 21
       RE: TV Guide Update Spidey 10-08-02 25
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... mistofleas 10-08-02 22
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... MC_Hampster 10-08-02 23
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... snoocharoo 10-09-02 28
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... mistofleas 10-09-02 29
           RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... PhillyBrat 10-10-02 30
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... wepaxson 10-10-02 31
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Devious Weasel 10-10-02 34
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... TeamJoisey 10-10-02 35
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... snoocharoo 10-10-02 36
           RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Devious Weasel 10-11-02 42
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... smrtNsassybnkr 10-10-02 37
       RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... fivestarwheezy 10-10-02 38
           RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Skillet 10-11-02 39
               RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Ahtumbreez 10-11-02 40
   RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Devious Weasel 10-11-02 41
       Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, sti... hattiebaker 10-11-02 43
           RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat,... mistofleas 10-11-02 45
               RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat,... smrtNsassybnkr 10-11-02 46
                   RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat,... mistofleas 10-11-02 49
                       RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat,... Brownroach 10-11-02 52
               RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat,... KKWhy 10-15-02 59
 Speaking of the Fishing Net... IceCat 10-11-02 44
   the net is coming back hattiebaker 10-11-02 47
   RE: Speaking of the Fishing Net... Boilermaker 10-11-02 48
       Large Mesh Net with Chain IceCat 10-11-02 54
           RE: Large Mesh Net with Chain Loree 10-14-02 55
 RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Su... Yogi 10-15-02 56
 Ep 5 Update addictedtoSB 10-15-02 57
   RE: Ep 5 Update VerucaSalt 10-15-02 58
       RE: Ep 5 Update Q 10-15-02 60
           "unlikely tribemates" not alliance Krautboy 10-16-02 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
You're right, a new episode title does deserve its own thread.

Possible surprises:
- Reward challenge? Could this be a non-recycled treasure chest challenge of some sort? Or maybe they get some yummy food like lobster as the reward.
- Could something happen to one of the Survivors that looks safe right now during a swimming challenge that makes that person a target?
- On paper, the challenge may appear to overwhelmingly favor one team, but the other wins. Past examples include the rowing guide Kelly losing a rowing race against non-swimmer Gervase, and archery expert Frank and his tribe losing at target shooting.
- Or could this finally be a Chewie IC victory? If they lose the first 4, winning would be considered a surprise.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""

>- Could something happen to one of the Survivors that looks
>safe right now during a swimming challenge that makes that
>person a target?
>- On paper, the challenge may appear to overwhelmingly favor one
>team, but the other wins. Past examples include the
>rowing guide Kelly losing a rowing race against non-swimmer Gervase,
>and archery expert Frank and his tribe losing at target
>shooting.

What if this was a hint that Helen gets booted here -- she's a Navy swimming instructor and not only does she gets on the nerves of others once too often but gets booted because she failed at a challenge that took place in the ocean?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
On Survivor Fever, I read an updated TV guide recap of this episode, and I would SWEAR that it said someone is going to be "injured by a sting ray" ..... could this be the "Ocean's Surprise" Not unlike our friend Mike...someone could be eliminated due to injury....someone we would NEVER expect! (Surprise)

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
I agree with you here. I think the rest of the tribe is going to see that Helen was instigating the rest of them over the Ted/Ghandia thing. I think her time has come.

Lin 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lin Click to send private message to Lin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Hi. This is my first time posting so please be kind.

After watching episode 3 tonight, i just wanted to add one more possible surprise to your list. Could it be possible for the missing net to reappear on the beach. They made a point of showing it floating some distance out from shore. This may seem minor, but IMO at least one of the titles so far has refered to a minor incident.

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Lin,
I like your idea. When they showed the net floating off. I thought, geez wouldn't it be funny if it made its way over to CG. I know far fetched but, with a title like that it could mean a number of things.
hrc2u

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
To me this sounds like when a swap will Occur.. And since everything seems to be water base.. maybe the choice of the new teams will be decided by the sea? (LOL dono thoughts of little boats with names on it.. when they hit the shore thats what tribe your on..)

Since they let the elders choose the teams in the beginning they might let the Ocean choose it in the middle..

And then there were none....

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
What if they have to dive down and pick up a box or package from the bottom and inside it has a new buff.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
i like that thats a good one that would be a real suprise they would think it it a reword then get a new buff

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
That would be a heck of a lot more fun to watch than standing on disks. I'd be surprised if it isn't the switch ... hmmm
tree

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Sounds like a twist to me, too....remember, episode 5 of Africa was where the original switch took place, so I wouldn't be shocked if there was one...I think last season the swap as a little earlier and may have disoriented the players..I was kinda anticipating an even eariler switch, but after the way they chose teams, I wouldn't be shocked for a twist on that night...I'm wondering if the tribe numbers will be even as they were in Africa, or if it'll be a lop-sided switch as in Marquesas? I guess we'll have to see, MB loves to screw with us, so be prepared for anything.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
JP: Today's reward challenge requires good swimming skills. In the ocean are 12 boxes each containing something. It may be good or it may be bad. At the sound of my go, all 12 of you will jump into the water and retrieve a box. Its totally random and its contents may or may not be different. After you pick the box, come up to the platform where the rewards will be revealed.

After that, the survivors will each open the box and inside the box will be a new buff. And the swap takes place!

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
We saw the preview for next week and both teams have a dummy. Perhaps the dummy is a stand-in for a member who gets swapped over to the other side. Chewy gets to unleash Ghandia on Sook Jai and Stephanie goes to Chewy. Just a thought.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-06-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Interesting Shii Ann photos"
There are some very interesting photos from the Early Show of Shii Ann posted over at surviiivor.com that seem to suggest some kind of water incident at SJ. It looks like their clothes are strewn all over the beach. Perhaps the "Ocean's Surprise" is just that -- some kind of a wave or tidal incident a la the flooding that took place in the Outback.

Credit to Quartzeye for the photos.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Interesting Shii Ann photos"
Good find..but I got a couple of thoughts...

~Why isn't she picking anything up..if a flood just went through..it kind of seems she is searching for something...

~We know this is still Sook-Jai camp..because she is wearing the purple buff..

~At first I thought maybe they were drying clothes on the ground..but everything is so scattered all over the ground..something happened..but we dont know what..

Any other observations???

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-06-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Interesting Shii Ann photos"
Thanks for posting these...

The discussion over at Surviivor.com concluded that the tides and weather for the dates corresponding to Ep5 were normal and uneventful. Unless there was some kind of rogue wave or tsunami, I doubt that the clothes pictured were spread out by a natural event...they seem to uniform in their arrangement.

The clothes in this photo are spread out very evenly. I'd say it looks more like they have been laid out to dry, because the Sook Jai shelter isn't doing a good job of keeping things dry.

If Shii Ann was surveying the damage from a storm, I think her natural reaction would be to gather up her things, but instead she is carrying a coconut. I would guess she is gathering food in the area where the the clothes are laid out to dry.

I'm still convinced that the "Ocean's Surprise" is the way in which the new reconfigured tribes are selected...

Krautboy

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Probably Day One"
I see at least 6 life jackets on the ground behind Shii Ann and to her right. This is probably from Ep. 1, Day One after their wet boat ride and landing at the beach. As I recall, that day was relatively sunny and they would naturally dry their clothes. Her waist doesn't look to "foodless" yet either.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

hattiebaker 34 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Net full of fish"
It is the net. They did in fact show it floating off from several angles. It was oh-so-close to the idiots looking for it in the surf, but it drifted off.

I know that the net-losing-event was used to foreshadow a Jed is not only freakin' lazy, but also negligent vibe in the tribe, but the footage of the net teasingly drifting away was telling.

The net was fishing correctly as well, floats on top, evenly spread, weighted bottom hanging down.

I have had this happen to me in Baja, and in fact, the net returned to an area down the beach a few days later by itself, full of fish.

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Net full of fish"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 10:15 AM (EST)

Last night during the first commercial break of the Amazing Race (sorry I do not have the tech for screen captures) there was a quick teaser for Survivor. The first clip had two people fishing with the net. I do not recognize the footage as old (although maybe it was just not used before) but it could be that the net does make a reappearance in Episode 4 based in this. It is not mentioned in the VO in any way and the scene was backlite so badly I could not tell who the people were.

Did anyone else see this that could better identify it?

I think it would be SO FUNNY if the net washed up on the Chewie beach, but I do not think the people were Chewie. Still, too funny if it happens.

Edited cause me no spelly good

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-07-02, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "TV Guide Update"
From survivor fever

Episode 5 Title: "The Ocean's Surprise" Update: 10.07.02
One castaway is injured by a stingray during a group swim. One tribe loses an item of great value. Source: TV Guide

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TV Guide Update"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-02 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

One castaway is injured by a stingray during a group swim

Good lord... is MB resulting in perfect placement of sea animals so he can have someone pee.... hey where is Kathy when you need her!!! (of course I don't even know if it is the remedy but it is still pretty freakin' halarious)

What episode did this happen in last time? To think he can't even come up with good challenges and now he has to do this again

One tribe loses an item of great value

We already know that Stupid Jocks aka Sook Jai lost their net (actually it would be halarious in this episode that the Ocean's Surprise was actually that SJ's net drifted over to CG's.... and them telling them about it either at reward or immunity.... Jan to Jake ... "Hey thanks for the fish!" and of course they probably wouldn't figure it out for awhile.

Or maybe CG immunity that is something of great importance. Of course it wouldn't be sad if either Ted or GDiva went home a cryin'

edited to add I noticed that I was an episode ahead of myself... however a immunity loss by any tribe is a great and important one

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TV Guide Update"
>One castaway is injured by a
>stingray during a group swim.

Sue got tagged by a stingray towards the end of S1, which was why she had her hand wrapped in a big bandage for awhile. That happening to someone this early in the game could itself constitute a reason to vote off that person, if the injury is that severe.

> One tribe loses an
>item of great value.

Hope Chuay Gahn don't let their canoe get taken out with the tide, they'd have to resort to finding a way to collect rainwater to drink. Well, maybe that wouldn't be so bad after all.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

wtd1234 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wtd1234 Click to send private message to wtd1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TV Guide Update"
If the appears confusing, it may be because it is my first time posting anything online.

Perhaps, the tribe member who is hurt is also the item of great value that the tribe loses. When thinking (for either tribe) who would of great value, Brian springs to mind for Chuay Gahn and Robb comes to mind for Sook Jai. Sounds like a possibility.

Not only does the member get hurt, but the tribe is forced to vote them out due to the severity of the injury (i.e. Mike Skupin of S2).

WtD1234

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "More what ifs"
What if someone loses their torch? Think they'd just be handed a new one, or would they be in big dooey dung?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TV Guide Update"
WOW! With the new update, could it be that there's no switch after all?!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-08-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. ""The Winds Twist""
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-02 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

Here's the preview for the "switch" episode from last season, for comparison...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Episode Title: “The Winds Twist”

Storm scene on SeeBS official website.

JP: "But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn."

Voice Over "And the castaways throw their fates to the winds and find themselves in a surprising predicament.”

Voice Over "On Wednesday, March 20, 8:00PM ET/PT the castaways face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes."

Voice Over “Don't miss the 1st 10 minutes when the castaways have to throw their fates to the wind and turn their lives upside down.”

Voice Over “You'll want to see this one from the beginning, really.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------

By comparison, the previews for upcoming EP5 seem rather tame for a "switch" episode, unless the previews get progressively stronger as we get closer to next weeks air time...

Krautboy

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: TV Guide Update"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-02 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

>WOW! With the new update, could
>it be that there's no
>switch after all?!
>

Looks to me like MB is purposely trying to keep us up in the air as to when and whether there may be a switch. Let's examing the titles, shall we?

E4 - Gender Bender. Of course now we know it is the "women v. men of CG" (yeah, right...) But there was speculation prior to this becoming obvious that it referred to a swap of one of the sexes between tribes.

E5 - The Ocean's Surprise. Well, that one is well covered by this thread.

E6 - The Power of One. And now we have this one, which could imply an ealry merge?

I certainly don't think we will have a switch E5 and an early merge E6, so it comes down to which is more persuasive of a game change. I agree that this TV Guide promo for E5 doesn't sound like a switch.

Personally, now that we have the E6 title, I am leaning toward an early merge then. All in keeping with MB's "all new" Survivor 5. (like the all new rescue challenge using DUMMIES instead of people!)

(*Edited to correct for my stupidity)

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
I may be wildly off base here, but I'm gonna go for it anyway. We have this picture of Shii walking around a bunch of clothing that is lying on the ground.
And I have circled an article of purple clothing.

And here on the challenge speculation thread, Sook is carrying a dummy...wearing a something purple on top.

So, my thoughts are that the clothing lying around is simply stuff that they have to chose from for outfitting and dressing the dummy before the challenge and having nothing to do with "Ocean's Suprise" part of the episode.

Thought's, comments, lollipops???

--who can't stop herself from posting wild and speculative theories

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
My only response would be that the piece of clothing you circled is clearly blue. And I don't think it is a color problem in the photo because Shi's buff is clearly purple.

-MC

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Misto...no offense but maybe you need new perscription lenses or maybe I do? The shirt appears blue to me.

Snoocharoo - Card carying member of the Presbiopic 6

10-09-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
No offense taken Snooch dear. But I think it's my monitor that needs the prescription not me. I swear it's purple! Okay, not the same purple as Shii's top, but a similar purple to the shirt that's on the dummy. I'll go look at it on my bosses laptop (he's got a much better colorcard than I do on my POS work computer) and see if I can distinguish between blue and purple.

*comes back with her head hanging in shame*

Alright, it's blue. Damn...I thought I had something there!

--vows to update her monitor the first chance she gets

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
::Rubbs Mist on the back"::

Everything's ok.. But we do have something to look at.. Why is everyone's clothes on the floor?? The only and I mean ONLY reason I can think of is, they are trying to wash their clothes and let the rain water do the job??? But everything looks thrown around...

Oh well Im STILL puzzled..

And then there were none....

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wepaxson Click to send private message to wepaxson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
Surprises can be good or bad. Rain, wind, typhoon, etc. would not be the Ocean's, but the weather's. A tsunami?? A bounty of fish??? A visitor on a boat (that usually happens after the merge)???? Or, this could indicate the re-shuffle, where something from the ocean will re-align the tribes. Just some pointless babbling here.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
One castaway is injured by a stingray during a group swim. One tribe loses an item of great value.

Let me say, first thing, that I reserve my right to backpedal away from this as quickly as possible if the show tonight and the morsels of information we are fed next week don’t support this idea. And as a relatively inexperienced poster, if this is the wrong place for this, I apologize.

The Ocean’s Surprise. We’ve seen speculation that the surprise could be a switch. But at this point, would a switch be a surprise? In fact, wouldn’t no switch be more of a surprise?

On the surface, it seems the surprise is most likely the injury. But what if the injury leads to something greater, if it leads to the person who was hurt being voted off, a person who was not a likely candidate for the boot but gets a one-way trip to Loser Lodge because he or she is hurt?

And (keeping in defense attorney mode), what if that person was an important member of the tribe? A leader of the tribe? An item of great value to the tribe?

We’ve seen speculation that the item of great value might be a torch or a luxury item, but those are individual items, not tribe items. We’ve also seen speculation that the reference is to immunity. But one tribe loses immunity each week, and that hardly ever merits mention in the TV Guide description. No, the item lost is something the tribe is hurt without.

Let’s jump to another subject for a bit. One thing people have commented about when discussing Ghandia’s impending exit are her comments about Jake. She appears to have spoken with him, and that’s why some think she makes the merge. But John spoke with Jake as well – he discussed the tribal selection process with him – and we know for a fact that John doesn’t make the merge. There’s an easy way to explain these Ghandia/Jake and John/Jake (wasn’t he an author) discussions that doesn’t involve the incredible unlikelihood that Ghandia makes the merge, and I have only seen it hinted at in a couple of posts. The reason why Ghandia and John were able to talk with Jake is because Jake doesn’t make the merge.

Jake not making the merge? What a surprise! An Ocean’s Surprise (sounds like a menu item at a coastal restaurant), if Jake got tossed because he got injured. That would also make him the item of great value S.J. loses. Its leader.

Jake is certainly the titular head of S.J., if not the actual head. We’ve seen so little of the hut people, it’s hard to tell. (High five to myself for working titular in there.) Losing Jake might cause such disarray among the remaining S.J. that C.G. is able to come to the merge even and move so many people so far into the game.

Sure, there are reasons Jake is a poor candidate for a boot. We haven’t been presented with any of his story. He’s barely spoken. There’s been no Jake face time per se. But these are also reasons why Jake going would be such a surprise. An Ocean’s Surprise! (Isn’t that a cranberry juice?)

If there is anything to this, I would expect an increase in Jake face time this week. I would also expect that if there is a preview of someone injured, that person would be Jake. In fact, I can almost guarantee that if someone else gets injured, Jake will stay.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-10-02, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"

>Jake not making the merge? What
>a surprise! An Ocean’s Surprise
>(sounds like a menu item
>at a coastal restaurant), if
>Jake got tossed because he
>got injured. That would also
>make him the item of
>great value S.J. loses. Its
>leader.

I think this theory has a lot of merit. And I don't have a problem with Jake's lack of story so far. Some people just don't get a story. (See: Brown, Nick.)

>
>Jake is certainly the titular head
>of S.J., if not the
>actual head. We’ve seen so
>little of the hut people,
>it’s hard to tell. (High
>five to myself for working
>titular in there.)

With Jake gone, does Erin become the titular head?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

**hehehehehe**

You said Erin and TITular in the same sentance...that was cool.

Snoocharoo

10-11-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
Man, I wish I had thought of that when I first posted...

10-10-02, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
Weasel: I have to second your opinion. I was thinking along the same lines myself. I believe that without Jake, The Sook Jai are doomed. Perhaps the "Power Of One" title for Ep6 would then point to Erin's story Arc....Also explaining Erin being the ONLY Sook Jai to have a weight loss spoiler! The Power of ONE Sook Jai to survive with the Chewy's....

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
Could the newbie get a point for saying this yesterday already--posted in Episode 6: The Power of One See below...

thank you;)

fivestarwheezy 3 desperate attention whore postings
10-09-02, 07:46 PM (EST)

11. "RE: Episode 6: The Power of One"
Hi. I'm new.
I'm wondering if the title 'the Power of One' could relate to the spoiler that somebody gets injured by a stingray in E5, and the speculation that that person gets voted off because of injury, a la Michael in S2.

What, say, if that injured person is somebody like Jake, who has been the strong leader of SJ? It seems to me he has a lot of power, and if he's injured in E5, and gone in E6, the rest of the tribe realizes 'whoa, dude, now what?' The Power of One who is no longer with us changes everything. Just a thought. I realize many people think Jake makes it pretty far...maybe it's somebody else.

Skillet 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skillet Click to send private message to Skillet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
Do we know for sure it's a stingray? They aren't really aggressive creatures, as many people in the south pacific swim with them..ie. on stingray feedings, etc..

My guess it would be a Stonefish that Robb steps on. That would clearly cause him far more pain and do him more damage than a stingray lash. It could literally pierce thru his foot if he stepped directly on it rather than touch it like the other guy did on S4. Also, the the water is quite rough, and I dont' think stingrays remain still in rough water, they tend to only hover near shore during calm water, but then again, I'm no Stingray, so how do I know??

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

After going one post down it does look like Robb steps on something. Of course that is also probably misdirection, much like when Micheal was burnt and they showed an alligator diving into the water during the previews hinting that someone would be hurt. I just don't see this as a game threatening incident, of course if it is Robb and he sucks it up and plays the game hard instead of whining it may help instead of hurt his standing in the tribe.

10-11-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise", TV Guide Description, and Jake"
Watch me backpedal! Whee!

10-11-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
I am sticking by my guess that "The Ocean's Surprise" is the net full of fish drifting back within range.

It is more likely now as of Friday October 11 that the title merely refers to both the loss of the CG boat (by the ocean and its tidal movements) as well as the stingray injury to Dood. Surprise!

Sting rays are often found in close to the beach on flat, sandy bottoms. There are a number of fish and creatures that one can be injured by stepping on; lionfish, scorpionfish, zebrafish, sculpin, several types of rays, including a torpedo ray, which emits powerful electric shocks.

Dood got stung by a sting ray. He will be ok. It hurts, but not that bad.

10-11-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
I'm not saying I necessarily believe that anything too horrid happens to Robb, but I did want to point out that stingrays can be deadly.

This is from a website I found:
Stingrays lash their tails when stepped on, and large stingrays can exert enough force to drive their tail spines into a wooden boat. The spines cause serious and extremely painful wounds that, if abdominal, may result in death.

Caution should be exercised when wading on sandy bottoms. It is advisable to use a walking stick to probe just ahead or at least walk with a shuffling gait rather than in normal strides. This sort of movement will often prevent treading directly on the back of a partially buried ray. If a ray is stepped on, it has the ability to thrust its tail upward and forward, impaling the victim with remarkable speed. Pain is immediate and intense and may persist for several days. Immersion in hot water(about 50 degrees Celsius) for 30 to 90 minutes may dramatically relieve the pain,as the venom is a protein, which breaks down with heat. Medical assistance should always be obtained, as the wound may be far more serious than it appears.

It's possible that since the surf is a little rough at the time the "incident" happens, instead of "shuffling" as he normally would while in the water, the surf joustles him and he steps down on the ray. That would cause the rays instance reaction of slashing with it's tail.

Again..I'm not saying I even believe this happens (at least to this drastic degree) but wanted to throw this little bit of "trivia" into the mix.

--is thinking of getting some therapy to help with her "overuse" of quotation marks

10-11-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
Didn't the TV Guide preview say "someone is injured by a sting Ray during a group swim?" I think MB is giving us blatant mis-direction here by showing a shot of Robb stepping on something, because I didn't see any evidence of a "group swim" Jake, Erin and Penny (I think) are standing in the water, but not much deeper than their knees. Perhaps the injury is during a "swimming challenge" thus the reference to "Group swim"...MB wants us to THINK it will be Robb, but in fact, it could be anyone else.

Wern't there vid cams of Steph with a bandage on her wrist in the previews BEFORE the show aired? Could this be our injury, thus prompting us to "root for her to get back in the game?" Of course referring to the "Underdog" comment?

I'm not usually good at putting together coherent posts...I usually go with my gut, but this seems like a feasable story line to me.

10-11-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
In my mind "group swim" gives the feel of a recreation swim, not a challenge. I would still call a group of people in the water a "swim" even if not everyone is technically "swimming". It would just sound silly to call it a group "wade" *grin*

As far as Steph and the bandage on her wrist, haven't we already seen this injury? I can't remember how it happened but I think that was why she sat out the "blind obstacle course" challenge. There's a preview or promo that's being discussed on the "Preview" thread that has Robb actually lying on the beach in great pain. (as opposed to being a pain!!)

I like the thought pattern that brought you to these ideas SNSB, but I don't see this happening to anyone but Robb. I hope that you keep coming up with more coherent thoughts...that's what keeps the discussions going!

--just loves this spoiling crap

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
If Sook Jai hadn't won those bananas they wouldn't have enough energy for a "group crawl."

Stephanie sat out the blindfold challenge because she had a cold from sleeping out in the rain. I don't think we've seen the bandage yet but I'm not sure it's going to be terribly significant.

KKWhy 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KKWhy Click to send private message to KKWhy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Surprise! Ocean steals CG boat, stings dood, returns net"
"If a ray is stepped on, it has the ability to thrust its tail upward and forward, impaling the victim with remarkable speed. Pain is immediate and intense and may persist for several days. Immersion in hot water (about 50 degrees Celsius) for 30 to 90 minutes may dramatically relieve the pain, as the venom is a protein, which breaks down with heat. Medical assistance should always be obtained, as the wound may be far more serious than it appears."

My bro-in-law was stung by a skate at the beach this summer. It acts in the same manner as a stingray. The skate inserted it spine into his hand. It caused my bro-in-law (who is a large muscular guy) the worst pain he has ever experienced. His hand was swollen larger than a soft ball for several days, and he slept a lot due to the heavy pain killers he was on. FYI, if Robb is really stung by a Stingray, he will be in pain, I don't think it is serious enough to completely take him out of the game, but it could make him a very useless tribe member.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Speaking of the Fishing Net..."
I could have sworn that during last night's episode (EP4), there was a low angle camera shot of the Chuay Gahn flag in front of their cave with camera looking through a fishing net. Is it possible that the Sook Jai's fishing net was left out in the water by Jed where it floated out to sea (or into the hands of a production assistant) and then floated over to Chuay Gahn's camp.

I would love to see a cap of that camera angle... Orange Chuay flag in front of brown cave entrance shot from low angle through a fishing net.

Maybe this is 'The Ocean's Surprise' that has not made it into the story line yet but has accidently been revealed because it happened to provide a visually pleasing shot of the Chuay Gahn campsite.

Webby... any chance of of getting one of those nifty digital vid caps of yours?

10-11-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
47. "the net is coming back"
I will review the episode tonight and look for the camera angle you mention. I am maintaining my position that the net full of fish is the ocean's surprise. Even better irony if it floats over to the CG camp. I'm telling you, this drifting net thing happened to me in Mexico when I was 15. The ocean currents surprisingly returned it 500 yards down our beach a few days later. The net had many fish trapped by their gills in it. There was even a small shark. I'll watch the tape tonight.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-11-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Speaking of the Fishing Net..."
Even if there was a fishing net with Chewey Gooey I don't think it provides any information. Both teams were given small nets when they started on the island. The larger net just gave them a much better chance to get more fish than the smaller one.

I do think that the item Chewey loses is the boat. The emphasis is that the item is of great importance. The most important, possibly only important item to Chewey is the boat. Without the boat they can only swim to get water, and the water hole is far far away (although some have swam there before).

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Large Mesh Net with Chain"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

Just before Clay finds the treemail and the dummy and immediately after a large green snake is shown crawling through the trees, the Chuay Gahn flag is shown with a fishing net in the near foreground... there is also a length of metal chain in the foreground (a weight for a larger net?).

This net is of a very thick mesh and is not the same fine mesh white fishing net that both tribes received.

Would love it if someone could get a cap of this...

Edited to Add:

Just checked again the Chuay Gahn are shown using a net later on in EP4 which appears to be the smaller style net... and it has a chain woven into its edge... false alarm on my part.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Large Mesh Net with Chain"
Glad someone is explaining this to me. Ever since I watched the show I have been wondering where the red tribe got that net from.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-15-02, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Episode 5 Title "The Ocean's Surprise""
From Survivorfever.net

"At the reward challenge, the castaways receive a shocking offer....."

So we have the 'offer to switch' combined with the RC.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-02, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Ep 5 Update"
"Episode 5 Title: "The Ocean's Surprise" Airdate: Oct 17

At the reward challenge, the castaways receive a shocking offer. Back at one of the camps, one castaway’s incessant singing is driving the others crazy. Meantime, two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, although neither is sure whether the other can truly be trusted. And, the fifth person is voted out of the tribe."

We know the shocking offer is the offer to switch at RC.

Incessant singing could be Robb, his CBS audition tape indicates he was taking voice lessons and "trying to sing".

It's going to be a lot of work this episode for Robb to step on a sting ray and be singing all the time. I wonder if Robb screaming in the surf is all misdirection. Or maybe someone else is singing.

Just my current line of thinking.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-15-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Ep 5 Update"
I think Ocean's Surprise is the various things that happen. Chewy loses their boat to the ocean
Robb steps on something due to the ocean

It could simply just be this week, the island/ocean is whammying the Survivors

The Robb injury was shown to us with his stepping on something and later his writhing in pain sitting next to Stephanie. The mere fact that we are not being cloak and daggered about it, strikes me that it is not as serious as it could be. With Michael's hands, it was all smoke and mirrors prior to us seeing it and it was shocking to watch. We are kinda being spoon fed this so I think it is more of a culmination of what the ocean/island is doing to the Survivors this week as opposed to some serious injury.

As far as any unlikely alliance, if there is indeed any kind of switch, the possibilites of unlikely alliances are endless! However, if no switch occurs, I would have to think that IMO that if I saw Robb and Shii Ann align, that would give me a step back and I find it very interesting that despite all the past animosity we were shown in slow motion the two of them hugging after the IC challenge; foreshadowing of the alliance? Or just a moment of dementia on both their parts?

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-15-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Ep 5 Update"
Robb and Shii forming an unlikely alliance would make a lot of sense to me and could very well lead to both of them smoking together at the LL while Steph is still in the game.

If they band together to work for anothers boot, they could become targets (bigger ones that is) if they are seen as scheming and plotting against the core group and a threat (again bigger ones). Shii could go first because she is less of a help in physical challenges and would be seen as "turning" on the core group who voted Jed out, thereby Shii goes first. Then Robb will follow somehow and Steph will have outlasted the two of them! despite being the Bitchy one everyone thinks will go!

Of course a mix up/switch like you said creates endless other possibilities, that without having more details, we will be hard pressed to figure out.

Later all,

D.R.

10-16-02, 00:52 AM (EST)
61. ""unlikely tribemates" not alliance"
The teaser says "two unlikely tribemates form a tentative alliance"...it's the tribemates that are unlikely, not the alliance. Robb and Shii Ann are very likely tribemates, because they are already on the same tribe. The "un;likely tribemates" must be refering to two new tribemates that are brought together by the switch...Jan and anyone on the Sook Jai or Stephanie and anyone on the Chuay Gahn would be "unlikely tribemates"...

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •