The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council torch vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-02, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council torch vidcaps"
I captured RED TRIBE from the time they get their torches in the cave to through to right before they vote. I haven't yet tried to track everyone's torch colors through the jounrey -- if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council to... I_AM_HE 09-28-02 1
 When do they light the torches SurvivorBlows 09-29-02 2
   RE: When do they light the torches wendyp 09-30-02 5
 RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council to... smiley 09-29-02 3
   Agree dabo 09-29-02 4
 RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council to... heresy 10-01-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council torch vidcaps"
weird, there's a lot of torch shuffling going on here folks!

jan's is silver in 28, but gold in 41
ghandia is holding a silver one in 41, while john handed her a gold in Ep1
tanya's is gold at the beginning, but silver when she comes into TC...although she seemed to be looking at it funny when she picked it up-maybe she took the wrong one and it was switched before entering TC?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "When do they light the torches"
OK, they leave camp with unlit torches... they cross the beach with unlit torches... then we see seven lit torches entering the Tribal Council temple... and then we see Jan putting an unlit torch into her holder.

Huh? Geez, actually how many recreations is Burnett using in these shots? When do these things supposedly get lit?

-SB

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-30-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: When do they light the torches"
While they are sitting there are 7 lit torches behind them also. So Jan's is lit after they are sitting. Did Tanya pick a specific torch or just grab one?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-29-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council torch vidcaps"
I was thinking exactly the same thing SB. Its a little sad to see this sort of thing done..but really should we expect anything less from MB? The only thing i can think of is that they light the torches as they enter the tribal council.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Agree"
They are probably lit before they set foot on the boardwalk into the TC set, then stage hands relight any that go out on the set (as in S1).

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-01-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 2 pre-Tribal Council torch vidcaps"
Captures 18 and 49 do not look like formed or rolled metal to me-- they look like fabric mache done over metal or using a stock cardboard form.

They could easily have used a "shock" (a fabric created by weaving two colors with only one thread) as the fabric. "Shock" will appear to the eye as either one color or the other, depending on the angle and the lighting. So, if EPM used this technique, the torches will appear to be different colors at different angles as either silver or gold.

Fabric mache is nearly indestructable -- I've seen pieces up to 50 years old done on wire frame that have been through literally hundreds of productions. The only problem with this would be that they could not have used the standard binders, which are flammable. They would have to have used a fiberglass resin to prevent the fabric from catching fire. I've never seen that done because of the expense involved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •