The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Julie Chen explained"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Julie Chen explained"
This sure helps explain a lot. Seems Julie and Les have a very special relationship that helps keep her employed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/77644p-71622c.html

Moonves' marriage may get an airing

The wife of CBS Chairman Les Moonves wants to cancel their 24-year marriage. Nancy Moonves filed for divorce in L.A. Superior Court late yesterday, citing irreconcilable differences, according to her lawyer Dennis Wasser.

Nancy, who is 56 and now living apart from the media mogul, has retained Wasser, who handled the divorces of Tom Cruise, Kirk Kerkorian, David Justice and Alec Baldwin. Wasser wouldn't say anything about the case yesterday.

Network insiders have claimed for more than a year now that Moonves, 53, had a special rapport with Julie Chen the 33-year-old anchor of CBS' "Early Show." When some criticized Chen for tainting news with entertainment on the network's reality show "Big Brother," Moonves leapt to her defense.

"Julie Chen, I think, has had a very, very difficult job," he told cynical TV critics in 2000.

CBS spokesmen have brushed away suggestions that she owed her morning slot to Moonves or that there is anything but a professional relationship. Seemingly aware of such talk, Moonves declined to be photographed with Chen at a premiere last summer, though he did consent to join her in a group shot later in the evening.

Nancy and Les Moonves have three teenage children.

Nancy Moonves' filing comes a week after her husband signed a five-year contract with Viacom that elevated him to network chairman and CEO.

Moonves, we hear, has hired L.A. lawyer Irwin Buter and New York PR powerhouse Howard Rubenstein.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Julie Chen explained Swami 04-24-03 1
   RE: Julie Chen explained SaphireLady 04-29-03 2
       RE: Julie Chen explained SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 3
           RE: Julie Chen explained buckeyegirl 07-08-03 4
 RE: Julie Chen explained Chrissy gal 07-08-03 5
   Timing AyaK 07-10-03 7
 You mean.... Red Lady 07-09-03 6
   julie chen cestius 06-11-04 8
       Les mrc 06-14-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Julie Chen explained"
See! I knew it wasn't Julie's on-screen talent that kept on Big Brother! It's that other talent she has.

Swami

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-29-03, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Julie Chen explained"
I still thought she was married to Maury the talk show host.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Julie Chen explained"
Connie Chung is married to Maury. Their personal trainer was my brother's next door neighbor in New York City.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Julie Chen explained"
That explains, so, so, so much....Julie is just awful...she's enough to make one stop watching the show. I had to tape BB4 because she was annoying me. I can't believe that they put her in Jane Clayson's spot on the Early Show...well I can after reading the above article, but still.....

A Kyngsladye Original
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-08-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Julie Chen explained"

>The wife of CBS Chairman Les
>Moonves wants to cancel their
>24-year marriage.
>
>Nancy, who is 56
>
>Nancy and Les Moonves have three
>teenage children.
>

She is 56 and he is 53 and they have THREE TEEANGERS!!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Timing"
Well, when they got married, Nancy was 32 and Les was 29. If they have three teenagers, then Nancy was at least 37 when the first was born, and was no older than 43 when the last was born.

Hey, when I'm 53, I'll have a teenager and a preteen! Uh ... that's suddenly a very scary thought ..............

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-09-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "You mean...."
Our only hope to replace Chen is when Moonves dumps her?! *oh brother* So that explains why BB returns season after season!

cestius 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-11-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cestius Click to send private message to cestius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. " julie chen"
julie is talented and extrememly attractive, a pleasure to watch.
as for her mixing entertainment with news it is not her fault the morning show is an entertainment show that also reports headline news. The evening news also promotes entertainment. how many times has a tv movie been hyped on the news station the movie was running on i remember a news story about a macdonalds hamburger the only reason is that the sponser pays the bills so he has undue influence on the network news organizations something that the news media tries to deny or at least play down
if julie didn't report "entertainment" you can bet that someone else would be told to do it
as for her private relationship that's her business

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Les"
Is that you?

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •