The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Fall Shows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-27-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Fall Shows"
Which shows do you find interesting enough to watch at least once this fall?
I am looking at Clubhouse and Lost myself

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Fall Shows Estee 08-27-04 1
   RE: New Fall Shows survivorscott 08-27-04 2
 RE: New Fall Shows Bebo 08-27-04 3
   RE: New Fall Shows survivorscott 08-28-04 4
 RE: New Fall Shows SignorVitalis 08-29-04 5
   RE: New Fall Shows SignorVitalis 08-29-04 6
       RE: New Fall Shows JRome 08-31-04 7
 RE: New Fall Shows realitybites 09-01-04 8
   RE: New Fall Shows JRome 09-07-04 12
 RE: New Fall Shows SurvivorBlows 09-01-04 9
   RE: New Fall Shows amea_gari 10-13-04 35
 RE: New Fall Shows Draco Malfoy 09-03-04 10
 RE: New Fall Shows buckeyegirl 09-03-04 11
   RE: New Fall Shows JRome 09-08-04 13
   RE: New Fall Shows SurvivorBlows 09-10-04 15
 RE: New Fall Shows weltek 09-09-04 14
   RE: New Fall Shows Loree 09-10-04 16
 RE: New Fall Shows Sweater_Puffs 09-11-04 17
 RE: New Fall Shows jack_bauer 09-11-04 18
 RE: New Fall Shows bondt007 09-15-04 19
 RE: New Fall Shows munson 09-19-04 20
   RE: New Fall Shows HuckleberryHound 09-23-04 21
       RE: New Fall Shows SurvivorBlows 09-24-04 22
           RE: SF Shows Swami 09-27-04 25
           RE: New Fall Shows HuckleberryHound 09-27-04 26
               RE: New Fall Shows Swami 09-27-04 27
 Clubhouse blacknwhitedog 09-26-04 23
   RE: Clubhouse munson 09-26-04 24
 Boston Legal Swami 09-29-04 28
   RE: Boston Legal HuckleberryHound 09-29-04 29
   RE: Boston Legal blacknwhitedog 09-29-04 30
       RE: Boston Legal Swami 09-30-04 31
           RE: Boston Legal blacknwhitedog 09-30-04 32
               RE: Boston Legal Swami 09-30-04 33
               RE: Boston Legal Loree 10-04-04 34
 House brom 11-17-04 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Lost, definitely. I gave up on Clubhouse after the 2,498th commercial for it. Anything that's being promoted that heavily has to have something big wrong with it. It's starting to feel like CBS Presents MBL Playmakers.

Beyond that, I'm waiting for the fall preview sections to come out, so I can make my unfair snap judgments from there.

08-27-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Fall Shows"
the DW is a big Dean Cain fan so she is looking forward to it also

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Lost looks so cool.

I know, just play along.

08-28-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
4. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I just hope it doesn't turn into this season's Push Nevada

SignorVitalis 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-29-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SignorVitalis Click to send private message to SignorVitalis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I gotta, gotta, gotta see ``Jack & Bobby``.

I hope they'll pass it in here in Canada.

SignorVitalis 36 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SignorVitalis Click to send private message to SignorVitalis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Fall Shows"
And Jessica Paré is in there!

JRome 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-31-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JRome Click to send private message to JRome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Jessica Pare?

I'm looking forward to LIfe as we know it. Premieres on ABC and the promos look really, really cool. Anyone else heard of this? Seems a lot like My So-called Life back in the day.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-01-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Fall Shows"
"Lost" doesn't hold much interest for me. I'd much prefer they bring back the NBC reality show of the same name.

Anyway, a couple of series look interesting enough to maybe check out:

"Desperate Housewives" - Always good to see Marcia Cross back on the screen (she was, by far, the best thing about "Melrose Place"), and I happen to like Teri Hatcher too.

"LAX" - Partly on principle (it's refreshing to see a drama that's not about cops, lawyers, or doctors), partly the somewhat intriguing premise, and partly the stars (Locklear & Underwood).

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

09-07-04, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JRome Click to send private message to JRome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Fall Shows"
>"Lost" doesn't hold much interest for
>me. I'd much prefer
>they bring back the NBC
>reality show of the same
>name.
>
>Anyway, a couple of series look
>interesting enough to maybe check
>out:
>
>"Desperate Housewives" - Always good to
>see Marcia Cross back on
>the screen (she was, by
>far, the best thing about
>"Melrose Place"), and I happen
>to like Teri Hatcher too.
>
>
>"LAX" - Partly on principle (it's
>refreshing to see a drama
>that's not about cops, lawyers,
>or doctors), partly the somewhat
>intriguing premise, and partly the
>stars (Locklear & Underwood).
>
>"This is realitybites and
>I approved this post."

Speaking of Melrose Place, I recently read that not only is Marcia Cross starring in Desperate Housewives but the writers from Melrose are also the writers for this show. Should be some good drama!

As for LAX, I might check it out. The only appealing thing about this show is Locklear though.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Fall Shows"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

We're talking scripted shows here, right?

Definitely Lost. Beyond that maybe Clubhouse, Jack & Bobby, and Boston Legal (assuming that last one even counts as a new show.)

Maybe its just me, but there really isn't a heck of a lot of new scripted shows that look particularly compelling to me, including not a single sitcom. It's hard to get excited about a 3rd CSI, 4th Law & Order, or billionth takeoff of the procedural drama. *YAWN* ...yet the writers guild, etc. blame the NETWORKS for the growth of reality programming -- maybe they should look in the mirror instead.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: New Fall Shows"
".yet the writers guild, etc. blame the NETWORKS for the growth of reality programming -- maybe they should look in the mirror instead."

Well, that'd be a good point, except for the fact that what you see on TV is a fraction of what is made, and what is made is a FRACTION of what is written and pitched. There are a ton of wonderful ideas, scripts, and even pilots that never make it to TV, unfortunately. The networks go with what is safe, they want ratings, and that comes over quality. This isn't news to any of us.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Fall Shows"
None of them. Most of the new reality shows I'm out on as well, with the possible exception of Benefactor, which I'll at least give a shot.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I'm looking forward to seeing Lost, Joey and CSI: NY.
I was going to watch Clubhouse, to see how the actress who played Belle on Days of Our lives does on primetime tv, but as someone mentioned above, all the commericals during the Olympics made me tired of the show before it even began. The same thing happened for me with ED during the Olympics in Sydney.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

09-08-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I just picked up the Entertainment Weekly with all the fall premiere reviews and they voted Lost the best show of the new season. So I will now give that one a try.

buckeyegirl, I hear ya about ED during the Sydney olympics -- sometimes you just get turned off by too many promos, esp if they're not good promos...

09-10-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Fall Shows"
>I was going to watch Clubhouse, to see how the actress
>who played Belle on Days of Our lives does on
>primetime tv, but as someone mentioned above, all the commericals
>during the Olympics made me tired of the show before
>it even began.

NBC was running commercials for a CBS show during the Olympics?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Fall Shows"
For some reason Lost doesn't do it for me. I might check out the first episode though. I heard a guy from TV guide on an interview today really hyping it. I think Clubhouse sounds like a real snoozer.

I want to check out LAX, Desperate Housewives, and I might check out Medical Investigation because I really like Neal McDonough. I miss Boomtown.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I like Neal McDonough too. So I watched Medical Investiagation. And Y&R had an episode where the characters were watching the baseball team from The Clubhouse as a cross promotion. I hear they will have the Clubhouse guys watching Y&R in a show this season too.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-04, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Desperate Housewives / Benefactor.

jack_bauer 66 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jack_bauer Click to send private message to jack_bauer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Lost - because it's by Alias creator JJ Abrams
and CSI:NY
True story - two years ago when CSI:Miami premiered with "Won't Get Fooled Again" as its theme song, and I realized that both CSI shows used songs by The Who as their themes, I said, "What's next, a spinoff with 'Teenage Wasteland' as the theme?"
Two or three nights ago, I hear 'Teenage Wasteland' on the TV and look up - lo and behold, an ad for CSI:NY.
Also, anyone see the premiere of Hawaii last week? I'm intrigued because I think Michael Biehn is a good actor, and I also enjoy Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa, who hasn't been seen for a while.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-15-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New Fall Shows"

Lost - here is a link... looks good -

http://lost-tv.com/

I'm out on 24... done with it, just like CSI

posting forever despite my DAWness

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New Fall Shows"
It seems if it's not Reality or sports, just don't have the time. And nothing seems to grab my attention anyway.

This fall I have 2nd season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, 3rd season of Coupling, only season of K Street, only season of V (waiting for the depths of winter to start this 70's classic!) and 1st season of Northern Exposure lined up by the DVD. First 3 seasons of Seinfeld are due later in the year, too. Throw in a little "24" and who has time for TV?

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I have time for TV!
I am kind of a sci-fi nerd, so I am looking forward to a mini-series called Earthsea this winter.
Has anyone heard of this show?

09-24-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
22. "RE: New Fall Shows"
>I have time for TV! I am kind of a sci-fi
>nerd, so I am looking forward to a mini-series called
>Earthsea this winter.

I heard of it, but I don't think it's going to be anoher "Taken" -- or even another "Battlestar Galactica"

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SF Shows"
Oh darn! But then I couldn't get into the Earthsea book (books?) either so I am not surprised.

I'm looking forward to the Peacekeeper Wars mini series in October! Crighton & Aeryn are so not dead! And it looks like all (or at least most) of my favorite characters are back.

I also still have hopes that Battlestar Galactica can survive & evolve into another good series to replace my StarGate addiction. I am so going to miss StarGate when it ends!

"It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting." --Josef Stalin

09-27-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: New Fall Shows"
"I heard of it, but I don't think it's going to be anoher "Taken" -- or even another "Battlestar Galactica"

What makes you say this? I think Sci-Fi puts out some great shows, and this will be another...

09-27-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Hello, HuckleberryHound. Webby is always right about SciFi. It's a Gift.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Clubhouse"
Was a stinker. Lame story line. Should have known- it's an Aaron Spelling show.

Dean Cain looks good though

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-26-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Clubhouse"
OK, so I lied in my previous post. I, too, caught the debut of Clubhouse and must say I liked it! It sucked me right in. I have a weakness for sports themed shows (Sports Night, come back!) and Mare Winningham so there you go.

09-29-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
28. "Boston Legal"
I've seen a few previews for this show, which looks to be an over-the-top comedy. Normally I don't go for comedies but I love William Shatner and I think he's a hoot in those Priceline commercials he does with Leonard Nimoy. I will give this show a try.

I also like the guy who is starring with him--just can't think of his name.

09-29-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Boston Legal"
For those interested, and I know that is not all of you, the Sci-Fi channel announced the final dates for its mini-series Earthsea:

"Sci Fi has slated its much-hyped four-hour mini-series for Monday, December 13 and Tuesday, December 14, both at 9:00/8:00c"

09-29-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Boston Legal"
James Spader maybe?

Is William Shatner a regular cast member or a guest star?

09-30-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Boston Legal"
From the promos, he appears to be one of the stars. And with the Shatner ego I doubt if he would settle for a supporting role.

09-30-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Boston Legal"
in the previews they say

parental discretion, yatta, yatta, partial nudity...

OMH! they don't mean Shatner do they?

09-30-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Boston Legal"
LOL!!!
In that case, I may reconsider my desire to watch this thing. Unless they can digitally insert Shatner's body from the 60s. They can do that, can't they?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Boston Legal"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-04 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

Well it wasn't Shatner that went bottomless.

I liked this show. But then I have a weakness for Mark Valley.

brom 28 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brom Click to send private message to brom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "House"
Did any one see last night episode? I like what I saw. Usually i feel that shows try to hard to impress with thier first episode ,but this one felt natural.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •