The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
In S1, we had Rich's "write me the check" confessional. In S2, it was the fact that Tina was the only person who didn't have a confessional, a.k.a "The Dog that Didn't Bark". I've successfully erased S3 from my memory (and you can too for the low low price of three easy payments of $39.99...believe me, its well worth it) so I don't remember what happened the first ep. In S4, I don't remember any key confessional, but most would point to Sean telling Vee that "an Africanamerican can not win Survivor."

So, what do we have in S5? Well, the one confessional that struck me as out of place and also prophetic was Clay talking about being the short guy in the group. After being the last guy picked Clay said "I'm the oldest and the smallest person sitting there. I knew I was gonna be last, but they got a diamond in the rough is what they don't know." As soon as I heard that I immediately thought of two things...first, that it was clear forshadowing that the little underdog was gonna go pretty far in this game. And secondly, it immediately made me think (of course) of the first ep of Love Cruise where I didn't get picked by any of the girls at the start of the ep and they showed a confessional where I said that I knew I was gonna be picked last but I also think I can do really well in the game. And some of us stil might remember how far I went in that game. Clay's comment struck me right away as the same type of setting up the underdog type of forshadowing.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that pre-show spoilers have already pointed towards Clay making it far into the game.

Not much to do with this info now, but I myself am definitely adding this to my personal boot sheet as a reason to NOT predict a Clay boot anytime soon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Seyz 09-20-02 1
   RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... sleeeve 09-20-02 2
 RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Naked 09-20-02 3
 RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Draco Malfoy 09-20-02 4
 No clowning around... SurvivinDawg 09-20-02 5
   RE: No clowning around... Draco Malfoy 09-20-02 6
       RE: No clowning around... weltek 09-20-02 7
       RE: No clowning around... SurvivorBlows 09-20-02 11
   RE: No clowning around... specie 09-20-02 8
       RE: No clowning around... SurvivinDawg 09-20-02 12
   RE: No clowning around... SurvivorBlows 09-20-02 10
       RE: No clowning around... Cathy the Canadian 09-20-02 15
   RE: No clowning around... ulalame 09-20-02 16
       RE: No clowning around... steppingrazor42 09-20-02 17
           Helen's vote for Clay Loree 09-20-02 22
 RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... snoocharoo 09-20-02 9
   RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... managerr 09-20-02 13
       RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Bebo 09-20-02 14
           RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Bucky Katt 09-20-02 18
           RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... katem 09-20-02 19
           RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... snoocharoo 09-20-02 20
 RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Cin 09-20-02 21
   RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... managerr 09-20-02 23
   RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... Boilermaker 09-23-02 24
       RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 m... toddE 09-23-02 25
 Clay's napoleon complex belaf 09-24-02 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-02, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I thought at least one of the key confessionals was Shii Ann's comment about how you can't mess with the she-devil without getting the horns. This is classic MB foreshadowing. Shii Ann is definitely going to stir up trouble, so I don't see her leaving the first few episodes or at least not without some payback. But it could also be seen as foreshadowing of Shii Ann making it really far into the game.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
>But it could also be
>seen as foreshadowing of Shii
>Ann making it really far
>into the game.

...or that she gets the next boot...

...or that she is directly responsible for getting someone else booted next

These quotes are always much more helpful in 20/20 hindsight, but these were my own first two reactions.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-02, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I agree completely that Clay's confessional was MB foreshadowing. I believe that he is going to make it pretty far in this game.

I also caught a Brian quote that took me a little aback.
I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was when he was talking about putting his game face on. It just seemed to me that what was said, and the way he said it reminded me of the Richard Hatch "Write me the check" speach.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-02, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I'm right there with ya. I was really looking for it this time, and this is the only one that seemed to fit the pattern. IvoryElephant I think pegged him as a winner already, and I don't know why, but I think I'm kinda drinkin' that Kool-aid as well.

San Diego 24, Houston 3
Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "No clowning around..."
... in shakes' post. This is a good spot.

Also to be noted:

AcmeBrainTrust has reported that (quote) "Ghandia notes that Survivors cannot smoke in the game, but that her, Clay, Shii Ann, and Robb (on occasion) all smoked. Presumably she spent time with some/all them outside the game in order to find this out. Assuming Ghandia did not make the jury, neither would some/all of these three. "

Shii Ann and Robb clearly didn't get along. Robb seemed to rub the rest of the world wrong, too, but in an open conflict right now one would have to think Shii Ann is the one to go.

Ghandia doesn't like Clay or Ted, and the "Chewing Gum" tribe is scheduled to have some deep conflicts (are they the Maraamu of S-5?). If Clay and Ghandia have a conflict, they could both be gone fairly early, although if Clay makes the merge, he could do a "Pappy" and stay for a good while.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that pre-show spoilers have already pointed towards Clay making it far into the game.

I'm seeing a mixed bag of spoilers for Clay, and have only seen one thing that suggests he stays far into the game. So I'm not putting him in the Final Four YET.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No clowning around..."
>Also to be noted:
>
>AcmeBrainTrust has reported that (quote) "Ghandia
>notes that Survivors cannot smoke
>in the game, but that
>her, Clay, Shii Ann, and
>Robb (on occasion) all smoked.
>Presumably she spent time with
>some/all them outside the game
>in order to find this
>out. Assuming Ghandia did not
>make the jury, neither would
>some/all of these three. "

Well, since Ghandia and Clay are both on the Chewy Chewy Chomp Chomp tribe, they don't have to spend any time outside the game. I can see them at some point whining about needing a cig, just smoker to smoker.

>Shii Ann and Robb clearly didn't
>get along. Robb seemed
>to rub the rest of
>the world wrong, too, but
>in an open conflict right
>now one would have to
>think Shii Ann is the
>one to go.

I agree with this one. Jake picked his tribe for youth and strength, and Shii Ann is probably the least likely to give that. She'll probably be the Purple People Eater's first boot, unless Robbbb does something really stupid (which is always a possibility).

>Ghandia doesn't like Clay or Ted,
>and the "Chewing Gum" tribe
>is scheduled to have some
>deep conflicts (are they the
>Maraamu of S-5?). If
>Clay and Ghandia have a
>conflict, they could both be
>gone fairly early, although if
>Clay makes the merge, he
>could do a "Pappy" and
>stay for a good while.

Clay and Ted seem to be pretty tight already, if their roll in the leaves was any indication. I can see Ted carrying Clay into the merge, where Ted will probably get booted as the biggest immunity threat as soon as they get the chance.

San Diego 24, Houston 3
Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No clowning around..."
Um, ditto Draco. You said all I was going to.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No clowning around..."
>Well, since Ghandia and Clay are
>both on the Chewy Chewy
>Chomp Chomp tribe, they don't
>have to spend any time
>outside the game. I
>can see them at some
>point whining about needing a
>cig, just smoker to smoker.

I agree, I don't smoke, but smoking makes strange bedfellows -- I've seen co-workers that you'd otherwise never see together huddled outside my office building in the pouring rain or bitter cold, all just for a puff.

>I agree with this one. Jake picked his tribe for
>youth and strength, and Shii Ann is probably the least
>likely to give that. She'll probably be the Purple
>People Eater's first boot, unless Robbbb does something really stupid
>(which is always a possibility).

Don't forget Shii wasn't the last women he drafted -- Erin was.

-SB

specie 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-02, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail specie Click to send private message to specie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No clowning around..."
>Ghandia doesn't like Clay or Ted,
>and the "Chewing Gum" tribe
>is scheduled to have some
>deep conflicts (are they the
>Maraamu of S-5>

I didn't see Ghandia not liking Clay or Ted. Ted was very consoling to her after she blew the puzzle, and neither of them voted her off (not that she would know that particularly, but it was obvious that 6 fellow tribers did not vote for her).

What stuck out was that Helen wasn't in on the group vote. So is their an initial alliance between all who voted for John? I like Helen, though - she reminds me of Kathy. Maybe she'll have her redemption, and if she does I expect Tanya to be the next bootee from Chewing Gum.

On the other tribe, it's samburu revisited. Robb & Shii-Ann got all the press this time. Who's going to get sick of the mall rat 'tude and take control of the voting? Stephanie and Shii-Ann need to get themselves a voting bloc or they're history.

And yes, I see Chewing Gum as Pagong, Maraamu, and Boran.

--specie

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No clowning around..."
I didn't see Ghandia not liking Clay or Ted. Ted was very consoling to her after she blew the puzzle, and neither of them voted her off (not that she would know that particularly, but it was obvious that 6 fellow tribers did not vote for her).

No, we saw anything BUT conflict between Ghandia and anyone on BigRedChewingGum Tribe during the show. However, there is spoiler info on several sites that Ghandia dislikes Clay, and dislikes Ted even more.

I suspect that Clay and Ghandia develop some rift in the near future and Ted takes Clay's side, which ticks her off for tactical as well as potentially racial reasons. Ghandia is described as abrasive and hotheaded and speaks her mind somewhat tactlessly (and I would know a few things about that ).

Helen was featured prominently in the CBS Misdirection for Ep. 2. According to the Misdirection, she will be treated somewhat like Kathy in the beginning.

And you're right: there is high tension among the Purple People, and I think Shii-Ann and Ghandia will be seeing each other soon in Loser Lodge. Just my IMHO on that one.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No clowning around..."
Let's not forget the a switch might be coming as soon as after the Episode 2 tribal council, Robb and Shii might not be together for long and perhaps Tanya will get her initial wish to be part of Purple granted (although personally I think that's be a mistake, I think her low-key personailty would be eaten up and swallowed by the high-strung confrontational folks over at Purple.)

-SB

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: No clowning around..."
This was my thinking exactly. MB let the tribes be chosen in "red rover" fashion because he knew he could fix any ensuing disasters whenever the need arose.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: No clowning around..."
"The smokers" spoiler noted at ABT and elsewhere got me thinking this morning. Logic would dictate that the four of them, Shii Ann, Robb, Clay and Ghandia ended up in loser lodge, where they could smoke together. This troubled me a bit, because I see Clay going farther, and I think the nacient alliance of Clay-Ted-Brian (and maybe Jan) has serious potential, so although I could see SA, Robb and G ending up in loser lodge, I can't see Clay going there.

Interestingly enough, ABT also notes another Ghandia spoiler: who the "stars of the show" are, and Robb, Shii Ann and Ghandia herself are all considered (by her) to be stars of the show. Would she consider people who went early in the game to be stars? Brian is also on that list, but notably, Clay and Ted, her two enemies, are not.

This got me thinking that perhaps the "smokers" end up on the jury together, rather than in loser lodge. This would lead me to believe that a Brian-Ted-Clay alliance goes far, and Ghandia is at least carried to the merge by it. My guess is that Ghandia is betrayed (she believes) by Ted-Clay, and that is why she is bitter and doesn't consider them "stars" although they do make it far into the game.

Haven't worked out the scenario that would take Shii-Ann, Robb and Ghandia to the merge, since they all seem to be classic confrontational types that are taken out early, but then again, I really felt like EPM was concealing A LOT of strategizing in that episode, so we really don't know yet who the real outsiders are.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: No clowning around..."
First of all I agree with Shakes 100% on this.....the "diamond in the rough" set it off for me, just as "an African-American can't win" did wih Sean. Clay was lucky yo be choosen by Jan, I think the "young" Tribe possibly would've eaten him up.

Ghandia seems to be trouble to me...too moody, one of those people that everyone wants to boot but will keep around for one reason or another. I'm not putting her in my final4. Her comment about being a "star of the show" is strange....I don't take this as getting to the end game...more that SHE thought her personality was more "star" quality.

Just wanted to add: I think the Brian-Ted-Clay alliance will go far, I don't think these 3 will break their word to eachother.

And I think Helen's vote for Clay will stir things up...she was the only one (other than John himself) to not vote for John. Did B-T-C not jive with her??? she's not making it past the 3rd TC

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Helen's vote for Clay"
The question is whether Clay will go on a witch hunt like Lex and wonder who voted against him? I think Tanya might have just lucked into voting who the others picked and Helen had no idea who was being voted and didn't ask. Helen and Tanya were with John when he pulled his little water hole joke. The others didn't appreciate it and seemed to blame him for making them swim so far. I think they all agreed he had to go. Tanya understood the others didn't seem to like his bossiness. And Helen was out there on her own thinking of who was the richest person on the tribe and therefore didn't need the money. She can still get herself back in the group if someone else causes problems. Ghandia's emotions could make her more of a target and Helen could slide under the radar.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-20-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I think the stage has been set for a running theme throughout this show and it is IRONY and not judging a book by it's cover to use a cliche. When picking tribes nearly everyone commented on how they didn't want to be on "the little old lady's team" the irony of being on the old lady's team was that Chewy has the far better camp and a plentiful food source, and the less obvious advantage of experinece. Whereas the Suk having the advantages of strength and youth couldn't organize a trip to the bathroom. With energy and youth go volatile emotion and lack of self control something that was completely obvious to me last night watching them fumble to make shelter.

Age-vs-Youth, Brawn-vs-Brain, Energy-vs-Experience. My gut tells me (and my gut is usually right about these things)that we will definitely see someone no one thought had a chance of winning pulling through as the soul survivor. Who fits this mold? Clay and Jan do and my opinion is that they are the core of this alliance we saw last night as well as the mother and father of the tribe.

Personally I LOVED the Geritol'ers -vs- The Flinstone vitamin crowd. It would be great to see one of the older castaways take the prize.

Snoocharoo

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-20-02, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
Clay was actually my choice to win based on his profile, so I wouldn't mind Shakes being correct in this case. I think he and Brian are going far.

I don't think Shii will last to the jury, but I think in an open confrontation, Robb goes. Both Jed and Jake sided with Shii when she got into her tiff with Robb. The smart choice would be to vote the weaker member, but most of the time these people vote according to whose being the biggest @ss.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
The smart choice would be to vote the weaker member

Not always. This tribe has such a strength advantage that it can afford to get rid of someone who only contributes physical strength to the mix. His strength isn't needed and could be sacrificed for the sake of tribal unity.

During the tribe selection, it looked like an overwhelming mismatch, but the Chewies surprised me. They're working together a lot better. From Shii Ann's very first comment on how the first thing they should have done once they landed on the beach was hug. We have one tribe that is trying to work together, and one tribe trying to work despite each other.

Evil, rude, snotty, and proud of it!

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I'm with the 'Evil Rude and Snotty One' on this. I would look for 3 things right off the bat about my fellow team members.

1. Strong physical attributes for ICs
2. Strong mental attributes for ICs
3. A personality that fits in so that the tribe is unified and can perform better in ICs

Robbbbbb has 1/3 which makes him a weak player and expendable - especially when you consider that Chewing Gum already has a male member gone and Soup Jive has a physical advantage to start with. That 3rd item on the list is really important and can overcome the other two - proven by the fact that CG beat SJ in the physical aspect of the IC.

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
Ms. Bebo took the words right out my mouth. I have to agree completely with here on this.

Let's never forget that EMB usually mixes his challenges up. This last one was physical and semi-brainy. The geritol gang had a HUGE lead, to be lost due to Ghandia's nerves.

I still believe the geritols to be smarter and in a mental challenge can easily win because they work together. In a purely physical challenge the geritols did much, much better than expected.

Robb is providing nothing to his tribe. Shii Ann is smarter and I think she came off more positively than him.

Point is, don't count the geritols out yet. Clay is going to stay for a while, I think final three.

And, let's remember that the second immunity challenge is always the gross food challenge. I know EMB said all new challenges, but some are tradition.

Good thread Shakes !!!!!

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-20-02, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
Physical strength and weakness are only really important at a few junctures in the series, right in the begining of the series and in the F4. Elements like memory, life experience, endurance, stamina, intelligence, social adaptibility and common sense become far more important as the game progresses. Look back at the persons who have made it to the F4. Very few were physically strong, as a matter fo fact MOST of them were considered weak. Voting out a weak member first is not a tried and true strategy. That person may have value to the tribe in other ways. Shii An may be physically weak but she strikes me as intelligent and resourceful whereas Robb has big muscles but no clue about relating to others.

This is not a game of survival of the fitess, it is survival of the most socially adaptable. Look at past winners, all were social chameleons.

Snoocharoo

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I know I heard an interview with Jiffy before the season started and the only survivor he really mentioned was Brian (this was about a month or 2 before last night). It struck me, cause the way he was talking about Brian was the same way he talked about Colby before Austraila.

Could that mean Brian makes it far, and is a possible winner? His "never judge a book by it's cover" could also fit right in with what could be this years theme.

Cin

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-20-02, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
As a side note, I don't consider rowing a purely physical challenge, that would be something like running or lifting. Rowing is all about teamwork and coordination, (See John and Robert from S4) and MB definitely knows that, it's very possible for a well coordinated, but physically weaker team to triumph over a physically stronger one. Also Sook Jai made the mistake of putting the girls up in the front of the boat. Make no mistake, in any sort of physical challenge, Chuy Guang (sp?) will get destroyed. Fortunately, if E2 is the gross food challenge, they may not get decimated before the swap/merge.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
I agree with Cin that the key confessional is probably Brian's. He has had weight loss spoilers, was given negative preshow press regarding his "Movie Career", and seems to be the exact opposite personality that I thought he would be.

I thought he would be a big talking stereotypical Used Car Salesman, but in fact he seems to be (probably acting) as a quiet, concerned, thoughtful team player. Maybe he has studied the game and realizes that by being a leader or focal point will not suit his strategy for the game at this point.

Brian's book cover:
Used Car Salesman to the Survivors
Soft Core Porn "Actor" to the Public

Brian's Book:
Final Two Survivor???

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-23-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The KEY confessional (an Ep#1 mainstay)"
S3 was so horrible, and I've been afraid all along that this season might be like that one. Young vs. Old is bad enough, but if there turns out to be a strong Clay-Brian-Ted and maybe Jan alliance that last until the last episodes, it will really blow. I mean, Brian=Lex, Clay=Big Tom and Jan=MamaKim the nastiest woman ever on Survivor. The only one who doesn't quite fit is Ted=Ethan, but they are both jocks so it's not that big a stretch. I hope this isn't the case, but the evidence seems to support it.

belaf 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-24-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail belaf Click to send private message to belaf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Clay's napoleon complex"
Hiya Shakes,
Clay's confessional was more of an inferiority complex. In picking the teams Clay must have been muttering "I am short, no one will pick me to play". I don't think he is a diamond in the rough but more of a Zircon. I will be surprised if he lasts long because he is one of the older players, he is perceived as being one of the rich ones (the survivor mentality that anyone with money does not deserve to win) and of course he is short man which has been proven to be a liability in the real world.
Yes, you were picked last in Love Cruise and you did go far but of course you were not short... lol.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •