The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
This may be way OUT there, but figured it might be worth discussion. Many of those that have already been pegged as early boots made comments throughout the show of not being happy with the tribe they were given or gratefulness not to be on the other team. Those were John, Tanya, Robb, Ghianda, Jed...I'm sure there were a few others, but didn't catch them. Theme of this year's Survivor could be thankfulness and as Brian said, not judging books by covers....

There were so many references to lack of appreciation for what you have as to what you don't have that it may be worth looking into as a theme pattern for the season as to who goes...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... weltek 09-20-02 1
 RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... SurvivinDawg 09-20-02 2
   RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... PepeLePew13 09-20-02 3
       RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... SurvivorBlows 09-20-02 4
           RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... Q 09-20-02 5
               RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... SurvivinDawg 09-20-02 6
                   RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... smrtNsassybnkr 09-20-02 7
 RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... cowboyroo 10-03-02 8
   RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or tra... ejm92 10-03-02 9
   Just a Thought about this ideal SaphireLady 10-03-02 10
       RE: Just a Thought about this ideal cowboyroo 10-04-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-02, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
I agree, but can't really determine if it will be of use this season as a spoiler. I believe everyone commented on their happiness/unhappiness when probably asked in their q&a time. Why did those get shown? Possibilities:
1. Give face time to those who otherwise got little
2. Show personalities in either a negative or positive light
3. The others rambled and made no sense

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
cowboyroo, you make a nice point here, and I think it will be of some value in this context:

We spoilers know that some serious conflicts are coming up in both tribes.

MB has set the table for developing these conflicts.

He will continue to set this table, and then show the "dinner" of conflicts.

What you've pointed out is a part of that. John is gone, and we know that Ghandia and Robb will be part of future conflicts. Tanya was able to leave around Day 38 for her father's funeral; this suggests she is not in the Final 2 or on the Jury. So something may be coming with her.

Yes, a good idea to keep our eyes firmly on this situation as it develops.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"

>Tanya was able to leave around Day 38 for
>her father's funeral; this suggests
>she is not in the Final 2 or on the
>Jury. So something may be coming with her.

Okay, can we just revisit this topic one more time?

I agree that Tanya is more likely to be out of the game by the time the merge rolls around than to be on it with the way things look so far and I agree that MB letting her fly home on Day 38 is a strong indicator she doesn't make the jury at least... but I'd like to dig into whether this definitely means she COULDN'T go all the way to the final four?

Is there a procedure that could work that would allow her to make the decision to drop out of the game (i.e. a mercy boot for 3rd place on Day 38) or jury, and have the jury proceed without her and maybe have the last non-jury bootee be brought in to replace her and informed on the happenings in camp over the previous few weeks?

Thoughts? I don't want to automatically assume that she's out early because of her departure on Day 38.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
I doubt they'd replace her on the jury. I believe Burnett has gone on the record as saying that if Pappy couldn't have made it to the final vote to witness the live Q&A he'd have had him watch a tape of it and then cast his vote.

Remember, it's not like the winner is revealed in Thailand -- other than not having the chance to ask her question to the FinalTwo (which she could still give to Jiffy and have him ask it) -- as long as she hasn't been having any further contact with the other jurors, it's not a big deal to have her wait another day or two to vast her vote, the things still remain unreveiled for 4-5 months.

-SB

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-20-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
I Agree SB. They could just fill her in and let her vote later.

Also, Im not sure she would have missed much anyway. Seems like the survivors this time will have solidified their opinions on the final 2 long before question time rolls around, at least in this group of people.

This could make for an interesting season. They seem to be disintegrating quickly, but I think they are just cutting out the fat. We may soon see (after three or four more boots) some of the survivors getting along quite well.

All of this aside, If Tanya keeps on throwing up all the time this may be a moot discussion as she could easily be booted soon. She was the only one who voted for John to leave and joined John in the canoe trip. Is she an outsider in the Chuay Gahn group already?

Later all,

and have a great weekend!

D.R.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
I agree with all this stuff about no jury replacement for Tanya.

However, my way of thinking is that since she left Day 38 (as opposed to Day 36 or Day 32, etc.), if she WAS on the jury, she could have waited the one more day (I am sure that CBS was in contact with the family over this), then be flown out immediately while the others are packing up and hitting the cast party, etc.

Hence, I suspect she is NOT on the Jury. But, time will tell.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-20-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
Some food for thought.....How many days between when her father died and when she flew home for the funeral? If my father was killed, I would want to leave immediately unless there was something VERY important(and probably even then) But wasn't it 2 or 3 days? Perhaps she IS in the final four and had to stay in the game? I think she will end up on the other tribe in the switch and fit in really well. I predict she will be a jury member at least. I also think that after a couple of meals, she will feel better and contribute a lot to her tribe. She doesn't strike me as a quitter....

10-03-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
Thought I'd bring this back up since 3 of the 5 Survivors who complained about the tribe they were on in the first episode are now gone....leaving Ghandia and Robb....

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-03-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Disdain for chosen tribe or trashing of other tribe"
Wow, I just now realized that, that is a wonderful point to bring up...because I'm thinking they are two of the next three or four to go.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-03-02, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Just a Thought about this ideal"
Number one, Robb did not complain, he wanted to be on the team he got on. His complaints came later with the no one is working. Shi has also complained later. Going by the way everyone voted tonight Robb and Steph are together and everyone else but my guess is that the group, due to making hard decisions, will go with Shi next time since they now know she has a target and that would make them not have to think who next.
Helen has not complained about her tribe other then the getting lost part and as for as her thoughts on Ghandia, well I think they are going to end up believing Ted over Ghandia due to her own actions.
Ghandia has a target and it is her fault and she also did not complain originally about her tribe and even now only complains about Ted.
So though this thread has some bases I think that bases has now gone and other things will have to be looked at.

Just my thoughts

10-04-02, 00:16 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Just a Thought about this ideal"
I was making reference to as they got picked....Robb made comments about being glad not to get picked on the "old lady's team" which was why he put his head down....Each of the people I listed either made negative comments about the team they were on or the other team...They were the only 5 with negative type comments...They all immediately jumped out at me as some type of foreshadowing of their fates....

Could be nothing, but since I had those thoughts during Ep. 1 while watching show, and 3 out of those 5 already are the first 3 to go, I thought I'd bring it back up...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •