The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-03 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Did anyone else catch this?

I'll confess that I originally probably had no plans of watching this, but after getting pummelled with plugs for it I popped a tape into the VCR and taped it while watching "Alias." According to Zap2It.com, the show posted a 4.3/6 rating while up against one of the "Law & Order" clones and "The Crooked E" Enron story, and it does air of TheWB, so I have to think that's a pretty decent rating.

I'd point you to the official TheWB.com webpage, but apparently The WB wasn't prepared for the good ratings -- I've tried it twice this morning and both times the website seems to be down! (woops!)

I have to say, maybe it's the fact that I'm pretty much the same age as most of these folks, but it actually was more interesting than I expected. A few thoughts though:

- With the website down, I can't check out her name right now, but geez, "The Tall Girl" needs to get over her crush, how sad does she look pining on and on about her crush on Dan, Dave, whatever his name is -- the "The Player" guy. HELLO GIRL -- he was THE PLAYER. Apparently he's STILL acting like THE PLAYER (give or take 50 pounds or so.) I can see a 17 year old girl being interested in in guy like that, but why the hell would any supposed mature woman be interested in a guy who such a well established 10+ year history... talk about looking to get hurt.

- Natasha -- "The Popular Girl." Man, maybe it's me, but I don't see what people see in this girl, yes she's cute (cute, not drop dead gorgeous guys) but clearly all signs seem to be pointing to the fact that this girl's high point was high school. I understand Ben "The Nerd" apparently had a crush on her in high school while she didn't even know who he was, but it was disappointing to see him quickly fall back into such situation -- you'd have thought Ben if anyone would have zeroed in on the "brains and beauty" Holly "The Shy Girl" (who apparently got over that shyness by posing for Playboy.)

- Dan/Dave/I can't remember which -- "The Bully" -- Clearly this guy was an ass, still is an ass, always will be an ass.

- Chris "The Misfit" - This guy was OK, and I know he hated the ass mentioned above, but I still think it was kinda uncool for him to quickly make his still-held contempt of the ass publicly known.

- Holly "The Shy Guy" -- I don't know what's up with these guys all chasing Natasha, Holly is clearly the catch of the reunion. Smart, beautiful, seems to have a nice personality... maybe they're after NAtasha because they realize Holly realizes guys like The Bully and The Player never seem to change. I have to say I think it was funny Holly didn't seem to know anyone as they wandered in.

One other thing that I thought was funny was the clear "Outsiders" squad that emerged during the introductions. First Tim "The Artist" arrives. Then Ben "The Nerd" arrives and Ben instantly recognizes Tim as an apparent old close friend. Then Summer "The Flirt" arrives and is pounced on by Tim. Then Jason "The Pipsqueak" arrives and is no one can recognize him until Ben figures it out. And lastly Maurice "The Loner" comes in and Summer starts carrying on about the love triangle between Tim, herself, and Maurice.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Is it really the "Class of '92?" SurvivorBlows 01-06-03 1
   RE: Is it really the "Class of '92?... smiles 01-06-03 3
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... Cin 01-06-03 2
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... realitycoholic 01-06-03 4
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... Chrissy gal 01-06-03 5
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... BaquaR13 01-06-03 6
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... dabo 01-07-03 7
   RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... Ahtumbreez 01-07-03 8
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... sittem 01-07-03 9
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... ZoomZoom 01-08-03 10
 RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" s... Loree 01-10-03 11
 3 more people added this sunday GTmike 01-11-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Is it really the "Class of '92?""

OK, one other thing... anyone else know anything about these "some of the cast didn't really graduate in 1992" "scandal" emails that are showing up in my Inbox?

Apparently the word is that Nicole, Summer, and Holly actually were '93 grads and Maya was a '91 grad.

...huh? Geez, have things gotten that bad that the producers of "The Bachelor" can't even find 17 media whores from the same graduation class?

What's the problem, was the "Class of '92" extremely low on attractive single female media whore wanna-be's? As Mike Fleiss makes clear in the below article, he clearly didn't want any non-attractive folks in this series, guess he had to "import" some.

http://suntimes.com/output/rosenthal/cst-ftr-phil31.html

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it really the "Class of '92?""
I did catch bits and pieces of this show. I found it to be mildly entertaining.

I really didn't find any of the girls (or guys) to be that attractive. Espically that guy that was walking around on the beach in his wanna-be G-string.

You would think that after 10 years the high school insecurities (and crushes) would disappear (or at least simmer down), but it is like they were in high school all over again.

I can't even find the show on the WB's website! Let me know when its up. I couldn't keep all of them straight!

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-06-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I admit, I watched it.... It was some what facinating in a train wreak kinda way.

Yes, the tall girl needs to get over Dan! She is one nutty chick.

Cin

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-06-03, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I swore I wasn't going to watch it...no way, no how, uh uh...but I just happened to be clicking through the channels and caught the last 20 minutes. Argh, now I have to watch this piece of garbage along with all the other garbage that I watch! I just went to the www.thewb.com website and if you click on "Shows" in the lefthand column, and then select "High School Reunion" it gives a pretty complete rundown on the participants and the slot they occupied in High School. Sounds like a nightmare in the making to me.

REALITYcoholic
"Living La Vida Real"

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-06-03, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
Here's a link to the website:

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/HSReunion/0%2C13602%2C84235%2C00.html

Maybe the producers couldn't find girls (I know they are women, but they don't act like it!) who would be interested in dating guys that were in the same grade as them in High School. I know I was more interested in "older" guys when I was in school.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-03, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I watched it. Very intriguing. I actually really liked it. I am very surprised at how immature i guess you could say, they are acting. The WB did a good casting job on this one. The popular girl seems very endearing, but maybe she will turn trampy. Anyone gonna watch the surreal life? I will... for Jerri.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-03, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I saw some of the episode, and thought it damn funny how most of them reverted to their high school personas, even the "nerd" to some extent. Kudos to the pipsqueak who went to police academy and buffed up, though, he won just by showing up, and that was worth tuning in for. The episode is supposed to be repeated Thursday at 8 or 7 depending on where you are.

Loved that the "nerd" finally got his date with the "popular" girl. It was way funny because, nice and all that she is, she really isn't a world-stopper, and he seems to be way ahead of her in the game of real-life (I mean, duh, why do aspiring actresses/actors always have to show up in these things?)!

But he still seemed very nerdish. Hey, that's cool.

SMILES ARE FREE

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-03, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
Enjoyed the show, the only thing that would have made it better was if all of the "misfits" had showed up successful, buff and beautiful and the "popular" had all gained 50 lbs, 8 kids, no nannies and bald.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-07-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I watched - for only one reason - the highschool is less than a mile from where I live and I know some families who had kids in the class (and I worked with one of the fathers 20 years ago). Otherwise I wouldn't have - don't watch all the "love" and realtionship reality series.

I don't know if I'll go back. I was struck with how little these people had changed in their thinking and maturity levels over 10 years. For the most part some of those featured didn't seem to have changed a bit and are playing the same roles they did when they were 16 and 17. The Player and the Bully are still the same. Nicole needs to get over Dan real soon - hopefully she'll do it before she get's to enmeshed, but I think it's too late.

Jason is certainly my favorite so far, but I don't get real postive vibes from any of these people and I'll be surprised if any of them really displays a whole lot of maturity throughout the series. Oh yeah, Ben is pretty cool at this point - seems like a nice young man though still quite shy, but he may get blown away by Natasha though I think he's grounded enough now to not let it get to him.

Gosh, as I write this I guess I'm getting invested in one more dip in the pond (hopefully without Jeff present) and I am curious about who asks whom to get married at the end.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

ZoomZoom 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-08-03, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZoomZoom Click to send private message to ZoomZoom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
I thought it was okay.
Natasha is cute and seemed to have a good personality. At least she remembered everyone's names unlike Holly the shy gal.
The bully guy needs to get his butt kicked. I hope he messes with Jason.
What about the class clown guy in the speedo swimsuit? The girls seemed to like him. I hope he ends up scoring with the playmate.

Ans the tall girl should have slapped Dan when he told her he was probably going to dump her as soon as he hooked up with someone better.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TheWB's "High School Reunion" show"
Okay curiousity made me check out the repeat showing of it tonight. Would someone please slap the bully. What a little jerk. But then every high school class had one.

Now I am going to have to keep watching this to find out what happens. And I told myself I wasn't going to watch it...

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-03, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "3 more people added this sunday"
I did watch this show. I was really interested in it. It is hard to let go of your personalities when you leave high school. Sure they changed, but deep down they are still kind of the same. I'm sure Fox chose people who were extremes and matched their stereotypes, and not middle of the road people or those that were on the fringe of their stereotypes. Thus it is a lot harder to do a complete makeover.

Natasha was o.k. Summer was really cute! Holly was attractive as well.

This sunday, they are going to add 3 more peeps, Sara, the "Bitchy girl"; Maya, homecoming queen; and Dan the "Jock."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •