The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tension-almost fist fight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ayla 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ayla Click to send private message to Ayla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tension-almost fist fight"
On the local CBS affiliate in Atlanta they had a Survivor blurb on the noon news today. They quoted Jeff Probst, and although I’m not positive this is word for word, here’s what he had to say: Tension is high this time. So high that there is almost a fist fight. You’ll see the tension by the third episode, and you’ll know who’s playing the game seriously.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tension-almost fist fight L82LIFE 09-17-02 1
 RE: Tension-almost fist fight toddE 09-17-02 2
 RE: Tension-almost fist fight dabo 09-17-02 3
 RE: Tension-almost fist fight Yogi 09-17-02 4
   RE: Tension-almost fist fight infinitesurvivor 09-17-02 5
   What? Wacko Jacko 09-18-02 10
       RE: What? PepeLePew13 09-18-02 11
   RE: Tension-almost fist fight Naked 09-19-02 15
 From Mark Burnett interview sweetpea 09-17-02 6
   RE: From Mark Burnett interview dabo 09-18-02 7
       RE: From Mark Burnett interview bondt007 09-18-02 8
 Fight between males. Seyz 09-18-02 9
 USA Today blurb drawde236 09-18-02 12
 RE: Tension-almost fist fight big idiot 09-18-02 13
   RE: Tension-almost fist fight smrtNsassybnkr 09-18-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
In next week's TV Guide, there is an article about Susan Hawk's visit to Thailand and S5. In it, she talks about the teams and says that the teammates were very different people. She said that had they met each other in real life, they would not associate with one another. I could see this leading to a lot of tension.

She also went on about a few contestants. She said Robb is an idiot, basically. She hinted that Brian could be a leader. She also talked about the horrible humidity, the disease carrying mosquitoes, and the locations the teams make camp at (one has access to caves for shelter).

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-17-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
Sue is such an old bag. Why don't they get someone new to give their impressions, she is so over.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
*sigh* And Sue said the two tribe names mean "good heart" and "helping hand" ... so much for the power of positive suggestion.

Strategically, if things are that bad in one camp, the smart thing for that tribe to do is lose immunity and boot out one of the two players at odds with each other.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-17-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-02 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-17-02 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

I have been trying to figure out these two pictures for awhile.
Could it be that Ted and Ken almost get in a fight?
Perhaps some sort of Takraw ball challenge becomes a bit rough.
Ken and Ted look more than a bit guilty in the pictures.

If so, that would mean John makes it to at least Episode 3.
I believe that is John in the background.

This is my first real posting so please be gentle.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
This could tie in with Probst's "underdog" statement.
see:http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2945&forum=DCForumID2&omm=25

(hope that's how to post a link??)

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-18-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "What?"
This photo means absolutely nothing. Notice it is only the men in this photo - no women. The photo was early on. They are not even wearing bandana's yet.

And how you get Ken and Ted in a fight from this picture is beyond me. They are not even looking in the same direction.

For all you know they could be reacting to a new rule or could of lost come type of challenge. My guess is they are listening to Jeff explain the game.

Conclude a fist fight between those 2 because of this photo????

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What?"
>This photo means absolutely nothing.
>Notice it is only the men in this photo -
>no women. The photo was early on. They
>are not even wearing bandana's yet.

We've also got a picture of Ken's facial hair growth so the picture above is unquestionably from the beginning of the game, not in episode 3.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-02, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-02 AT 02:21 AM (EST)

I have been trying to figure out these two pictures for awhile.
Could it be that Ted and Ken almost get in a fight?
Perhaps some sort of Takraw ball challenge becomes a bit rough.
Ken and Ted look more than a bit guilty in the pictures.

If so, that would mean John makes it to at least Episode 3.
I believe that is John in the background.

Yogi,

Welcome to the boards Yogi, thanks for giving your insights here, but let me retort some of your thinking.

Here is a picture of Ken that you are looking at.

EP3 is between day 6 to day 9 on the island. From Ken's beard growth, this has to be day 1 or 2.

edited to say that Pepe had already made this point. If I would have read further, I would have noticed this...

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-02, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "From Mark Burnett interview"
Zap2It has an interview with Marky,

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?28075

In another “Survivor” first, series host Jeff Probst revealed to reporters that a confrontation among the castaways got physical. Burnett elaborates, saying, “There was some high tension running between certain testosterones, let’s say that.”

Pressed for details, Burnett revealed that the confrontation -- which will be seen in episode three -- took place during one of the show’s contests.

“What went down was,” Burnett says, “there was a situation where, for the first time, we allowed physical contact in a challenge, and it got a little out of hand. Jeff started feeling like he was refereeing the NFL, I think.”

“We’ve never allowed a contest to include any physicality, and we thought, ‘Let’s see what happens.’ You know what, tensions run really high when big rewards or immunity are at stake, and you’ve got a bunch of guys with too much testosterone running around. It makes good TV, though, that’s the good thing about it.”

“Jeff was able to tone things down by yelling at them. I’m trying to think of the words he used. I think the words he used were, ‘I’m beginning to sound like a broken record here, guys, chill out.'”

Burnett also emphasizes that getting on Probst’s wrong side is not a good thing. “Jeff is in charge during the game. He’s not somebody you want to screw with, because he has a lot of power in the game. You don’t want to mess with Jeff. He’s totally, down-the-line fair on everything he does.”

“When people step over the line, it becomes annoying, and they’re not doing themselves any favors, because remember, everyone’s out for themselves in ‘Survivor.’ They’re playing the game as a team or a tribe, but really they’re out for themselves. So every behavior that’s exhibited that could be looked at as negative, doesn’t do you any favors when it comes to who gets a million dollars.”

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: From Mark Burnett interview"
>“We’ve never allowed a contest to
>include any physicality, and we
>thought, ‘Let’s see what happens.’
>You know what, tensions run
>really high when big rewards
>or immunity are at stake,
>and you’ve got a bunch
>of guys with too much
>testosterone running around. It makes
>good TV, though, that’s the
>good thing about it.”

Oh, well, that explains that then; it wasn't a division within a tribe after all. Funny, way back in Africa I seem to recall Mama Kim getting flattened by the big boulder ball, not to mention this mishmash mayhem during the goat lugging competition. I guess we can cross boxing matches and tag-team wrestling off the list of potential new challenges.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: From Mark Burnett interview"
Not that I don't believe this info., or think that it is something that needs to be noted or not, but, it seems this story leaks out each time...

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Fight between males."
At one of the interviews (a link posted on survivorfever.net)
with MB, I don't know if it's the same one above..
he was talking about how the fighting and how there was too much testosterone.

So obviously we're talking about guys here.
If the guys are bawling it out during IC or RC or just in general, this may favor the women as the alpha males battle it out again. (Think S5, final 3 all females)

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-18-02, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "USA Today blurb"
In this morning's USA Today, there was a blurb confirming that the tribes will not be the same sex (duh) and that the fight will occur on the October 3rd episode. Sorry, no link, though. I will look tonight to see if there is one.

Slackers Unite! Tomorrow

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-02, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
Wow, huge spoiler value.

1) Testosterone = males
2) Challenge conflict = Gahn male vs Jai male
3) "not the NFL" = Ted is Gahn male

So, Ted is safe until epi 3

Jai males = Jed, Jake, Robb, Ken

Jed? Played H.S. football, but would a dental student risk his teeth without a mouthguard? Also is a churchie. <25% chance

Jake? He is a triathlete supposedly, but at 61 he seems too old and too nature-lovin' to be a brawner. < 30% chance

Robb? Bartender and Hero is Muhammad Ali, good possibility. 50% chance.

Ken? Police officer with bulldogs, can you say "textbook power-hungry stereotype". 50%+++. I'd say Ken is safe until episode 3.

BI

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-18-02, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tension-almost fist fight"
I gotta agree here. When I read the story with the NFL comment, I immediately thought, Ted and Ken. I don't know why specifically, but the "high stress" job of being a NY cop after 9/11 would explain Ken, and the football background of Ted...

Both seem like agressive people that will go after another player if immunity is at stake, or a good reward....

Episode 3 right? I'll be watching!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •