The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Writing a TSI for a non-elimination leg isn’t the biggest thrill in the world. It probably ranks right up there with, well, watching a non-elimination leg. It’s one of those “kissing your sister” moments. Sure, you can say you did it, but what have you really accomplished?

1. Clowns – To quote Frederique from Celebrity Mole, “Guyz, guyz, guyz, guyz, guyz!” Can nice guys finish first? Not if they leave themselves in the position to be betrayed and stranded. And especially not if they let the karma of Dude & Bro rub off on them. They decide to share a taxi to save money, and because they’ve felt quite uncomfortable traveling with less than a dozen people in the car with them.

This week: 20 Ryans
Overall: 37 Ryans, 4 Dicques

2. Chip & Dale – Chip’s taxi philosophy finally paid off. Chip insisted on finding an English-speaking taxi driver in Korea, even if it meant going out of the way to a hotel. They ended up passing the teams ahead of them when they were able to successfully navigate to the Roadblock. “How the hell are we number one? ‘Cause we had a taxi driver who knew where the hell he was going.” They gave back that advantage when they dealt with traffic issues on the way to the Detour. Poor Reichen had trouble eating those raw tentacles (I won’t go there if you won’t), until Chip had the bright idea to make shooters out of them. As a seafood fan born near the Chesapeake Bay, I am compelled to comment about the fact that they had oyster shooters at their wedding? The one and only gay wedding I’ve been to had a much nicer menu than that, including loads of lovely seafood served in more appropriate ways. Oyster shooters, sigh.
- “I had this web of octopus in my mouth.” Still not going there. You can’t make me.
- “Are we allowed to vomit?” Echoing the sentiments of reality show viewers worldwide…and I don’t mean about them having to eat live octopi.

This week: 20 Ryans
Overall: 137 Ryans, 3 Dicques

3. Dude & Bro – I feel like every conversation between these two should include subtitles. Either that, or they should have to wear placards to let us know which one of them is playing “Dude” this week, and which one is playing “Bro”. It would probably help them too, since they get confused and call each other by the same names at some point.

Things we learned about Dude & Bro this week:
1) They are polite (their Moms must be so proud), as they proved when they straightened out the whole “when does buying a ticket not mean you have a chance of getting on the flight” mess.
2) They won’t strand anyone in the cold, even for a million dollars.
3) It’s not an episode of The Amazing Race without them getting lost. We can even count on that during a non-elim.
4) They made up for not getting lost in a previous episode by getting lost twice in this one. So their average is still high.
5) They don’t like eyeballs and stuff.

Quote of the season from one of them (I still can’t tell them apart, still don’t care): “At least I could do something right.”

This week: 90 Ryans
Overall: 206 Ryans, 1 Dicque

4. Beauty & the Beast – The funniest moment of successful strategy so far this season occurred when Jon would make Kelly mad right before she was supposed to break the boards. Unlike his annoying comments in her ear during the bow and arrow, these were not surprisingly effective.
Let’s hear it for a priceless collection of quotes, including:
- “I’d rather not come in than come in last.” Does this viewpoint add new clarity to Jon’s orgasm comment from Le Mans?
- “I hope you get eliminated just to prove assholes don’t finish first.” Um, who wants to explain who else gets eliminated if Jon does?
- “And I’m engaged to the asshole.” That moment of self-awareness gives assholes all around the world hope that they too can find a woman stupid enough to accept a ring from them, without having to get over such annoying habits as yelling, swearing, and peeing on camera.
- “It’s our first time, we’re virgins.” Awww Kel, when you said this to Phil at the pit stop, you showed us that underneath that prickly exterior is a heart of stone. You really do miss Millie the Mole & the Werewolf, dontcha?
- “She’s the only girl, she kicked their butts.” This was one of the moments when I truly liked Jon. I’m sure it will pass quickly, kinda like his respect for her.

This week: I don’t feel like penalizing them. I could, but I won’t. If you have a complaint with that, just blame it on bunching.
Overall: 235 Ryans, 1 Dicque

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... IanTar3 08-04-03 1
   RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... trigirl 08-06-03 6
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... wildchickenhunter 08-04-03 2
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... dajaki 08-04-03 3
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... AMAI 08-04-03 4
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... Tarkus 08-05-03 5
 RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seo... L82LIFE 08-07-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IanTar3 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IanTar3 Click to send private message to IanTar3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
I just wanted to drop a note and tell you I do enjoy your comments on the race...keep up the good work.
Best Regards,
Ian Tar-3
teriiantar3@hotmail.com (email address)
teriian.com (our web site)

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-06-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Gee Ian, I think I'm missing you. What has come over me?!

As usual, kudos to Ms. Bebo

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-04-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
As usual, you were far to nice! Somehow, someway I am going to have to get you to be a little more evil.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Loved it as always, Bebo! Oyster shooters at a wedding? Okay . . . Why didn't they ask for some soy or hot pepper sauce? The octopi would have been more palatable with a condiment. And Kelly and Jon. Oh man. I loved it when she told him to shut his piehole at the detour. Have their been other "hole" references to Jon?

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
LOL Another great instalment.

BuffJon is so mmmm.

Hi Ian from TAR3 - *waves madly from the 4th post* Nice to see you posting.

Panic buttons - are any of my recaps for TAR 3 still around?

Tarkus 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-05-03, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tarkus Click to send private message to Tarkus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Bebo!

Many thanks for your post. Love your style of segmenting the lineage… please forgive my responding in like, but just to keep things clear;

I believe the biggie question here isn't so much why you had to write a summary for a NE leg but rather why it was so obvious that this was a NE leg in the production. I found this self evident after some 20 minutes and at any point was expecting the camera man in the car to say to cry out: "DUDES! No one dies today."… under his breath… “man to think I turned down an 8 week shoot on “Revival; Those Incredible Animals” for this.

Clowns – Clawounz; Ah poor Yorick, (and Yoruck), I knew thee well. Their goodness almost pre-disposes them as dead… I swear I heard a background melancholy chanting of Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River’ as they headed toward the detour.

What I don’t get is these guys are clowns! EXCUSE ME! Clowns. BOO! If they need to rise some fear in the opponents… well you know they’re clowns, (I can’t go on…). Besides, give the Dudes some props! They got into a taxi with clowns! Who knows how many clowns were actually in that car. There might have been hundreds! Small ones! Big ones! Clowns with big red noses and white powdered faces, the kind of faces that in the middle of the night when your intimate with Mr. Woozy…

…but I disgress.

Clowns? Won’t make it because they don’t know when to say, ‘it’s show time’. Kind of ironic?

Chip & Dale:

Excuse me if I say what you are too nice to avoid. Reichen cried on his wedding day with the knowledge that he had experienced a certain taste for the last time in his life… suddenly everything returned in a terrible flash in Korea. One can only imagine the extra discomfort as Chip passed small shot glasses to his life mate stating such pejoratives as; ‘remember when you cheated on me with Raphael… well drink up.”

Guilt is a powerful motivator.

Actually I thought Chip and Dale did a good job this week. I haven’t liked the boys, (no not for that reason… I voluntarily catered, at my expense, a Lesbian shower last year), but I’m starting to root for them a bit.

Oh and yes Bebo.. lots of seafood. No oysters though… I figured with 30 dykes, 10 butch and 20 lipstick being the only male there could go any way and why tempt their Gods.

David and Jeff:

Personally I was pleased to the boys actually place for a change. If ever two people played the perennial Abbot and Costello being chased by the Wolfman, Frankenstein and Dracula and then backing into the swinging wall only to find themselves in front the Pit Stop it is these boys.

“Dude”

“Dude?”

“Where are we going Dude?”

“I don’t know Dude?”

”Hey Dude, who’s driving Dude?”

“Dude is that Dude with the camera Dude.”

“Dude he can’t drive Dude he’s the Dude camera Dude, Dude.”

“Dude is he the Dude camera Dude or is he… hey Dude we’re at the Pit Stop. Kewl”.

“Dude they’re chasing after him trying to sedate him Dude… Dude.”

“I guess we made him freak Dude.”

“Yeah Dude. But at least he drove us directly to the secret Pit Stop Dude. No detour for us Dude.”

“Cool thing Dude because like we’re still in America Dude.”

“Dude”

“Dude!”

“Dude.”

“Dude?”

“Have we left the U.S. yet?”

”DUDE!”

Well you get the idea.

Beauty and The Beast;

Personally I disagree with your thoughts on their detour. While I know that Jon attempted to anger Kelly into breaking the boards and I am still convinced that Kelly annoyed the boards to death.

“You stupid ass boards! That’s it… I working with asshole boards… they can’t even break.”

Even inanimate objects have a limit… luckily for Kelly, Jon does not.

To quote your ‘best of Kelly’;

>- “I hope you get eliminated just to prove assholes don’t finish first.” Um, who wants
>to explain who else gets eliminated if Jon does?

Isn’t this the parallax of this behaviour type? The worst player on the team who somehow believes that they can win it all without even playing, let alone finishing?

She complains about how they’re going to lose because of Jon’s decision to stay in the cab? Excuse me Lemming but I’m going with the odds… EVERY time you suggest something it fails, I’ll just go with the odds and hope that if I’m wrong we wind up in a chemically altered rat compound where they have a taste for red haired skanks.

I’m always amazed, (male or female), how those who rebut those who take responsibility for the choice always seem to find a way to say, “okay we did your choice every time even though I disagreed, yes every time you were right… but when are you going to respect my decisions!”

WOO-HAH!

I would love to hear from anyone else who was “SO SURE THAT IF THEY WERE WRONG THEY COULD EAT A SQUID” that this was a non elimination round.

Not to mention that it seemed this week that they were going for the most boring show ever!

Tarkus

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TSI Episode 10: Tentacles & Seoul"
Oh Bebo dear, I thought I had responded to this already. I know I read it, but it was so wonderful that I came back for a re-read. This line had me howling both times:

- “And I’m engaged to the asshole.” That moment of self-awareness gives assholes all around the world hope that they too can find a woman stupid enough to accept a ring from them, without having to get over such annoying habits as yelling, swearing, and peeing on camera.

Bwwwwaaaahahahahahaha! You nailed it, Beebs!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •