The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Challenge Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-12-02, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Challenge Speculation"
Have any of you master spoilers come up with thoughts for the first challenge? Doesn't the first episode usually contain just an IC? In the past, it has been the "Quest for Fire" challenge, but we have EPMB's cryptic statement about "all new challenges". So do you guys have any ideas/info?

Beware the Bear!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Challenge Speculation Survivorerist 09-12-02 1
 RE: Challenge Speculation SurvivorBlows 09-12-02 2
 RE: Challenge Speculation SurvivaBear 09-13-02 3
   RE: Challenge Speculation allthaidup 09-13-02 4
   RE: Challenge Speculation Kokoro 09-15-02 5
   RE: Challenge Speculation infinitesurvivor 09-15-02 6
       RE: Challenge Speculation KLicK 09-15-02 7
           RE: Challenge Speculation ejm92 09-16-02 8
               Some Observations Rain Crow 09-16-02 9
                   RE: Some Observations Rosewood 09-17-02 10
                       RE: Some Observations wendyp 09-17-02 11
                       Disagreement Rain Crow 09-17-02 12
                           RE: Disagreement Rosewood 09-17-02 14
                           RE: Disagreement Kokoro 09-17-02 15
                   RE: Some Observations discus 09-17-02 13
               Enlargement of group photo Rain Crow 09-18-02 16
                   RE: Enlargement of group photo SurvivaBear 09-18-02 17
                       RE: Enlargement of group photo smrtNsassybnkr 09-18-02 18
                           RE: Enlargement of group photo Kokoro 09-19-02 19
                               RE: Enlargement of group photo smrtNsassybnkr 09-20-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-12-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-02 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

Despite anything MB might have said, the first challenge is usually just some sort of race (i.e. a physical challenge). In addition, it's also usually a way for MB to get some nice scenery shots in too. It would make sense to say that it's good for the viewers too so I don't think we'll be seeing too much deviation from it.

=======================

(Another IceCat original )

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-02, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-02 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Ya, the Ep1 challenge has always had jsut one challenge. Until last season, that challenge was always for both immunity AND a reward (fireproof matches) but last season there was no reward, just immunity.

Given the rainy season, I'd be shocked if this season's Ep1 challenge did not once again feature a reward challenge prize of matches.

As far as the challenge itself -- it's always some type of multi-part team race (who can forget Diane's collapse at the end of the S3 Ep1 challenge.) I'd expect the entertainment shows airing either this week or early next week (or the MTV show airing today) to feature some fottage of this challenge -- they always have in the past (but then again, they've enver tried to keep the tribal makeups such a big secret before.)

-SB

09-13-02, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
I know it is purely speculative, but could these MTV vidcaps indicate a carry the boat/row/swim IC challenge.

Is that the same boat in cap 4&5? Is that Robb in his stupid cap? Does anyone have any other ideas? (Maybe which tribe wins?)

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

allthaidup 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-02, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allthaidup Click to send private message to allthaidup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
No, I would say that is Jan with her stupid hair-do.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-15-02, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
I don't really think those are challenge clips, but I'd agree with you and everyone else - it's most likely going to be a variation of the exact same challenge from the first four seasons (here's a boat - I'm assuming it'll be a boat and there'll be a lot of water challenges again - row out, light the torches, row back in, carry the boat, light the pyre, the end.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-02 AT 03:02 AM (EST)

I think they're just gathering leaves.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-15-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
I haven't seen this myself nor have I located any vidcaps, but this is from Forumsnet (possibly via another site)

This is the post:
I was searching for something interesting to watch this morning, and the Susan Hawk promo came on the tvguide channel. Many things that I took from it are already known, but there were some things that struck me as odd. If anyone has vidcap capability, please paste the pictures to back this up.

1. Showed first challenge. We were right, the picture of Jeffy talking in front of the box is the first challenge. I think I counted eight people being talked to. (although I didn't have my new vcr plugged in yet, so I couldn't tape and count for sure).

2. As we figured, the challenge is some sort of water based challenge. There were two flower shaped(?) platforms, possible starting points?

3. The thing that bothered me is that the whole group was standing together on one platform. In years past, the two tribes came in from different directions, and then stood in separate places (like maybe on the two flower shaped platforms). I didn't have enough time to figure out whether it was just that the two groups were close together, or if they really were mingling. I am in the camp of tribes being selected on the first day, so this really stuck out. Any ideas from anyone? The only thing that I can think of is that maybe the challenge is on the first day? Doesn't seem likely, and why wouldn't the boys and girls come in from opposite sides, ala tribes. I don't know.

Has anyone seen this? One platform could be big!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-16-02, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Challenge Speculation"
Here are some that were from tv-guide.....

and the credit goes to Survivor-Fever, the rest of the caps and the captions are at http://www.survivorfever.net/tvg-9-15.html

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Some Observations"
Great new photos! Here are my thoughts and observations of the photos.

Three interesting things in the first photo: First, all the men have their shirts off, but in the following photo they are wearing shirts. Another interesting thing about the first photo is that there appears to be something sitting on top of the box, but I don't see in in the second photo. Could this be an Immunity Idol or is it just some weird reflection off the water? Next, JP has no cap on his head. In the third photo just below, JP is still wearing a blue shirt and white shorts, but is now sporting a cap.

Note also in the above photo, that there is a canoe on each side of this box, both close enough to the box that they are probably not tied to the edges of the large platform, so it appears that they must be on the beach. To me this means that we are looking at two different challenges although the box looks the same. I say we have two water challenges early on, and, knowing what we know now, probably for reward and/or immunity.

Now, at all of the challenges I can remember, JP is always there to greet the tribes. Therefore, I think that the picture where the men have their shirts off is the start of the challenge and the one where they have the shirts on is probably after the challenge. In fact, a couple of the shirts don't even look wet and drippy. But if so, then why are so many people still on the platform rather than just the winning tribe? They look like they are having a meeting of sorts, or are focusing on something, except that Ted and the guy behind him are looking in other directions. Try as I might, I can only count 14 people for sure on the platform. I do not see Jiffy Probe in the group, and can identify only Ted, Ghandia, Ken, and Erin (I have some suspicions about Tanya, Penny, Shii-Ann, and Rob, but can't be for sure.)

The Lotus Flower Platforms are interesting. They have 6 petals each and they have some mat-like thing placed on the center. Knowing how details play a part in the challenges, I would speculate that survivors must swim to the Lotus Flower Platforms and probably sit or stand on each petal as part of a balancing event. Well, that takes care of twelve people, what about the other 2-4? If there are 2, then perhaps one in each flower center and first tribe to complete the lotus wins? If there are 15 or 16 survivors, then what...sit-outs?, last one on the platforms gets the boot?, purple rock?

As always I look forward to other comments.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-17-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Some Observations"
Thanks Raincrow- that is a very keen eye you got there!

I also found the 6-petalled platforms interesting, and had the same thought that the contestants would sitting or standing on it. When I first saw the picture of the platforms, I actually thought it might support the 3-tribe theory, and that maybe there was a third flower platform off picture. But because of the number of people (14 as far as I can see) on the floating dock, I couldn't see how that would work.

To my eye, it looks like the 14 people on the floating dock are conferring together-probably discussing about how to balance people on the petals without one side sinking. This signifies to me that this challenge is being done as a group (with the contestants cooperating). Based on these pictures, and assuming that the first challenge is supposed to pit women against men, my conjecture is that there is no final separation of the tribes until the second episode (hence the great divide). And that there is no elimination, since cooperation of the contestants would mean they are working towards a reward, not towards booting one of themselves off.

Regarding the four missing people from the challenge picture- the two extra on the floating platform might be "floaters" to help get the balance right- and there might be another leg of the challenge to which we are not privy.

My two cents.

Rosey

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-17-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Some Observations"
Maybe this ties in with the episode title . . Importance of being E....est. maybe it means earliest. The earliest or first person on the flower gets the middle spot which is more secure. But that also has a big responsibility. These flowers are floating so they maybe similar to getting on a canoe with others in the boat. The person in the boat (on the flower in this challenge) will have to lean or move to the opposite side when the person is getting on so it does not flip.

If this is men vs women then it would be hard to judge who has the upper hand. The women seem to be more inline size wise so they should be able to balance better. But the men probably have more upper body strenght to get on the flower.

Should be interesting.

09-17-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Disagreement"
Hi Rosey, welcome to the Spoilers Board .

Despite the cheery greeting, I must start out disagreeing with you.

(1) There will only be two tribes. No evidence yet of three.

(2) The challenge will be done as two teams, not as a group. There are two lotus flowers, so there will be two competing teams.

(3) It is unlikely, based on vidcap evidence, that there will be a gender based tribal makeup at the first challenge. Survivors are seen wearing their buffs in many vidcaps and the genders are mixed. Buffs are always worn at challenges. NOTE: the only way we could be fooled is if the promo photos are "salted" with challenges from future episodes. (BTW, too bad the photos are so small that we can't see the buffs...darn-it!)

(4) Based on Jiffy Probe comments about shuffling the order of the challenges or combining them, and the newly revealed Immunity Idol (which appears to be sitting on the box in one of the photos), and the size of the box, I think we can safely say that this is probably a combined reward/immunity challenge.

(5) There will be a bootee the first episode. Jane Clayson on the Early Show has already stated that they will interview the first bootee on Friday.

Hope I haven't discouraged you! Keep on posting!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-17-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Disagreement"
Hey-

Not discouraged.... well, maybe a little bit, but atleast I grabbed enough cajones to start posting my lame brain ideas, after years (since survivor one) of lurking. I'm still proud of that. And thanks for the welcome.

To respond, and continue with a little debate:

1) I agree with you. It was only a brief folly on my part last night when I was thinking about the petal platform. I just don't see how having 3 tribes would work better for the game. Not to mention no one has identified a third camp site. But why only six petals on the platform???? One person to choose who will stand where?

2)Then why do they seem to be interacting as a group? Usually, you don't see the two tribes talking or standing so close together before a challenge(in fact aren't there rules against that?). All the contestants seem to be one lump as opposed to two distinct lumps. Of course, that could be because they don't have enough room on the platform. But you'd think MB could afford another plank of wood to make it bigger if he needed, right?

3)About the same-sex tribes... I know there is still alot of debate on this subject, and although there is evidence of co-ed tribes, that could very easily be from the next episode (the editing team has done that many times before). The question for me is- Why have the group separate themselves at the beginning? We have photo evidence of that, atleast when they arrive, and when they are listening to Jeff at the start. What for? What purpose is it going to serve the game in the short term? Why would they be separated, but not have them compete in a challenge? Is it just for the opportunity to mix things up and have them co-mingling before the tribes are formed?

4)You might be right, but that could very easily be a lantern instead of an II. The picture isn't clear enough.

5)You definetly have a point there... and if you're wrong, then Les Moonves has let MB's manipulative tentacles reach out far further then just Survivor. TRUST NO ONE AT CBS. Ah, the conspiracy rumours begin.

Thanks again for "combination" welcome- smiling and jabbing at the same time.

Rosey.

09-17-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Disagreement"
Another possibility: If the six petaled things actually mean there's one for each person, it could very well mean that two people have already been voted off one of the tribes, thus the tribe of eight sits two out back on the shore. Of course, I'm not sure if they'd be able to build the structure in two days notice, but it could still be plausible.

discus 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail discus Click to send private message to discus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Some Observations"
Just wanted to point out there is thread up by sweetpea of first pictures of immunity idol. This certainly seems to correspond to the first picture and is indeed the immunity idol.

09-18-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
16. "Enlargement of group photo"
Here is an enlargement of the group photo:

Looks to me like we can identify the following people reasonably well:

Erin-right front in brown bikini
Ken-black shirt to Erin's right
Robb-black shirt to Erin's left
Penny-short legs, very white, behind Erin (?)
Jed-blue shirt with cape center front
Jiffy Probe-light blue shirt white shorts dark hair in center
Tanya-lower left with shirt tied around waist
Steph-left of Tanya
Ted-tall black dude upper left
Helen-dark hair high forehead left of Ted
Brian-behind Ted with lots of hair
Ghandia-to right of Brian
Clay-tan hat
John-white hat with dark hair above Erin

Cluster of legs etc between Robb and Ken are???
Shii-ann
Jan
Jake (could also be behind John)

So, where I origianlly could count only 14 and Jiffy Probe appeared gone, it now looks like they may ALL be there. Therefore, this is probably the first challenge.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

09-18-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Enlargement of group photo"
Particularly since, in his chat, Jiffy says he only wears the blue shirt in the first episode.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Enlargement of group photo"
Perhaps part of the challenge is for one person to row the other contestants out to the floating flowers, each person standing on a petal and one in the center. This would utilize all 8 people on each tribe, and it would prove to be difficult if the contestants had to get out of the boat and onto the flower....(or visa versa)

Any comments?

09-19-02, 11:27 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Enlargement of group photo"
Well, Jeff obviously lied about the shirt because I don't see who else that could be. Anyway, this challenge could be in the next episode (possibly one per petal and one in the centre) ~or~ it could be for episode 3 (only petals are used). Anyone with great vision want to see if they can find one other missing contestant?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Enlargement of group photo"
This has to be epidode 2 or 3 because I sure didn't see this footage on Thursday....(anyone see floating flowers by the boats they rowed around the island) Also John can't be in there since he was booted off. This leaves unidentified: Jan, Shii Ann and perhaps Clay? Anyone got better eyes?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •