The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-05-02, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
I am looking for volunteers to help with our official State of the Spoiling (SOTS).

What's that, you ask?

Well... each week, we will publish a thread that tries to consolidate and refocus all of the spoiling for the week... the goal of the thread is to inform, act as an index of the active posts in spoilers, and encourage focussed discussion of the theories that have surfaced each week.

We are looking for volunteers to put together this thread on a week-by-week basis... the job is a one week commitment, and here's what it entails:

• Make an attempt to read all of the active (ie: unlocked) threads in Spoilers between Thursday Night (after the show airs) and Tuesday Night for a week.
  • Assemble a summary, including links back to the original posts, of the various spoiling theories, to be posted sometime Tuesday Night or Wednesday Morning

I've found that this can be a mildly time-consuming task... it typically takes me about an hour to summarize and link everything in Spoilers, but may take you more or less time, depending on how organized you are...

I've also found that the best approach is to take notes throughout the week as you read the forum, so that when it's time to post the SOTS, you already have an outline of what's been happening in Spoilers for a week.

Here are a few examples of previous SOTS (yeah... they're all mine... so sue me ):
Survivor 3, Episode 2
Survivor 3, Episode 5 (The Twist)
Survivor 4, Episode 2

If you are interested in volunteering to take on SOTS for a week, please reply to this thread, and indicate any dates that you are not available... here is the tentative schedule for S5:

E1: Thursday, 9/19 -- SOTS to be posted Tuesday night, 9/17 (or Wednesday morning)
E2: 9/26 -- SOTS 9/24
E3: 10/3 -- SOTS 10/1
E4: 10/10 -- SOTS 10/8
E5: 10/17 -- SOTS 10/15
E6: 10/24 -- SOTS 10/22
E7: 10/31 -- SOTS 10/29
E7.5: 11/7 -- No SOTS Required (Recap Episode)
E8: 11/14 -- SOTS 11/12
E9: 11/21 -- SOTS 11/19
E10: 11/28 -- SOTS 11/26
E11: 12/5 -- SOTS 12/3
E12: 12/12 -- SOTS 12/10
E13: 12/19 -- SOTS 12/17

Please note: I will leave this thread open for about 1 week, before beginning to assign SOTS. I will probably assign only the first half of the season at this time, and request additional volunteers during the week of the recap for the second half. (Although if you are interested in doing a SOTS in the second half, sign up now, and you'll still be considered).

People selected to do SOTS will be notified via e-mail with additional information and posting guidelines... the full list of those selected will be posted here, whenever I finally get around to making the selections .

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... PepeLePew13 09-05-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... VolcanicGlass 09-05-02 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... sleeeve 09-06-02 7
       RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... VolcanicGlass 09-06-02 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... NightScribe 09-05-02 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... Bebo 09-05-02 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... SurvivaBear 09-05-02 5
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... survivormitsx 09-06-02 6
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... PepeLePew13 09-06-02 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... snoocharoo 09-06-02 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... Rain Crow 09-09-02 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... Yogi 09-12-02 12
 SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season... sleeeve 09-13-02 13
   WOOHOO! Bebo 09-13-02 14
   Ep. 4 assignment accepted Rain Crow 09-13-02 15
   Rip, Roarin' and Ready to Go SurvivaBear 09-13-02 16
       Actually... sleeeve 09-14-02 20
   RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Se... Yogi 09-13-02 17
       RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Se... survivormitsx 09-13-02 18
           RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Se... sleeeve 09-14-02 19
               RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Se... survivormitsx 09-14-02 21
                   RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Se... sleeeve 09-14-02 23
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunte... NightScribe 09-14-02 22
 Time for MORE volunteers!!! sleeeve 10-27-02 24
   RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!! MattyMax 10-27-02 25
   RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!! PepeLePew13 10-28-02 26
   RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!! snoocharoo 10-28-02 27
   RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!! OceanSkater 10-28-02 28
   RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!! dabo 10-29-02 29
 Schedule -- Second Half of Season sleeeve 11-01-02 30
   Count me in. PepeLePew13 11-06-02 31
   RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Seas... dabo 11-07-02 32
   RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Seas... snoocharoo 11-07-02 33
   RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Seas... MattyMax 11-07-02 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-02, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Aye, eee... sounds good! I'd like to give other people a chance at doing this, but if volunteers are still needed towards the end (i.e. the final two or three), then I'd be happy to help out. Doing one of the final two episodes would help space it out for me as I've got 3 other writing assignments (one in Sept, one in Oct, one in Nov for S5 ep10).

I would rather not do one of the first half ones.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-05-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
sleeve - is the schedule you have here just an educated guess, based on prior seasons or do you have a source for the air date of the recap episode?

Only asking as in the previous 2 seasons, the recap was shown the Wednesday prior to the new episode and there was no interruption in the weekly flow of episodes.

Thanks.

09-06-02, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
>Only asking as in the previous
>2 seasons, the recap was
>shown the Wednesday prior to
>the new episode and there
>was no interruption in the
>weekly flow of episodes.

Wrong... it was shown on a Wednesday during S4, but in S3, I'm pretty sure that it was shown on a Thursday, postponing a previous episode.

I'm basing my schedule on the one that AyaK made, which he is basing on an educated guess .

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-06-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Yep, I stand corrected
What threw me was that I remembered a new episode airing on Thanksgiving, but they did have the recap the following week.

Thanks...

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
I'll take episode 5 and/or episode 10. Thank you sleeeve for putting this together. I NEED SOTS!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
I'll do one. My summaries are spread out throughout the season, so I don't think doing a SOTS will conflict. Since I have Ep2 for S5, I would prefer not to have the Ep3 SOTS.

Thanks oodles for organizing this!

Evil, rude, snotty, and proud of it!

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-05-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Count me in anytime. I would even be happy to do SOTS #1. I really enjoyed doing one last year and I get a lot out of doing the research. I promise that I will keep the sign up list bookmarked and will not do any WHEN IT IS NOT MY TURN. (Sorry again Pepe!)

Beware the Bear!

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-06-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"

I'd love to do one! Even though im probably younger than everyone here, i promise i'll put in tons of effort! Im glad to help.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

09-06-02, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
>(Sorry again Pepe!)

Phfftt! No need to apologize there, Bear... Just caught me on a bad day there not related to this site - and you did a great job with yours, too.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-06-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
I'll give it a shot sleeeve, my schedule is flexible.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-09-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
OK Sleeve, you silver-tounged devil, you talked me into volunteering. I suppose it is time I earned my keep here. If possible, put me down for Episode 4. If not, how about Episode 8 or 9?

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-02, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
I would be happy to help out!
E4 or later would work for me.

09-13-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
13. "SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"
Here is the schedule for the first half of the season... as I said... I'll be asking for volunteers for the second half of the season during the recrap week.

Volunteers should expect to recieve a reminder e-mail with further instructions before their SOTS date. Thanks again to all of the volunteers!

E1: Thursday, 9/19 -- SOTS coming soon - SurvivaBear
E2: 9/26 -- SOTS to be posted Tuesday night, 9/24 (or Wednesday morning)- survivormitsx
E3: 10/3 -- SOTS 10/1 - snoocharoo
E4: 10/10 -- SOTS 10/8 - Rain Crow
E5: 10/17 -- SOTS 10/15 - NightScribe
E6: 10/24 -- SOTS 10/22 - Yogi
E7: 10/31 -- SOTS 10/29 - Bebo

Volunteers: please respond to this post to accept your assignment (or to indicate any conflicts).

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "WOOHOO!"
I get to do the Halloweenie episode! Yeah!

(Look, people, just trying to drum up a little enthusiasm here...plus it's almost the end of the workweek, I'm hyper)

Evil, rude, snotty, and proud of it!

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Ep. 4 assignment accepted"
Looking forward to helping out!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-13-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Rip, Roarin' and Ready to Go"
I have started already and will post Tues, 9/17, in the afternoon. I hope EPMB will give us a little more to go on by then.

Everybody check out my new animated sigpic!

Beware the Bear! Thanks IceCat, I love this sig pic

09-14-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
20. "Actually..."
It doesn't appear that we're gonna get much new help this week (since E1 has already had over a month of footage)...

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to have the E1 SOTS posted a little early, so that we can try to spark some discussion in this forum before Thursday.

I'm still waiting on a few things of a technical nature (ie: We don't have an official SOTS Graphic/Header Design approved by Webby yet), which I've been told will be completed (hopefully) by the end of this weekend, and then I'll send you an e-mail with finalized details.

The rest of the volunteers should expect similar e-mails prior to each of their SOTS weeks.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-02, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"
It will be my pleasure to help out!

09-13-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"

Hold on lemme make sure i get this right, Sleeeve, you want me to start working on gathering SOTS stuff starting friday and posting tuesday afternoon, right? I'll be happy to do it, i'm just makin' sure.

09-14-02, 00:06 AM (EST)
19. "RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"
>
>Hold on lemme make sure i
>get this right, Sleeeve, you
>want me to start working
>on gathering SOTS stuff starting
>friday and posting tuesday afternoon,
>right? I'll be happy to
>do it, i'm just makin'
>sure.

Yes... start on Thursday evening/Friday morning of your week, and post on Tuesday afternoon/evening (or Wed morning)... From experience, the real "work" doesn't usually begin until Saturday or Sunday (it usually takes our message board that long to focus on the next week )

09-14-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
21. "RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"
Okay, awesome, I'm pumped! But one last question...are we supposed to add in different theories from other boards that was discussed, or only things discussed here?

09-14-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SOTS Schedule (First Half of Season)"
Typically, SOTS only covers things from this board...

However, if you find a theory from another board that you like, feel free to discuss it here (and cite your source), and then... since it's being discussed here... it would be eligible for SOTS

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-14-02, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Sure sleeeve count me in.

10-27-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
24. "Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
Okay... here's the deal... we don't know when the recrap will be yet, but it's looking like it will air after E8.

E8 will air on 11/7, and currently we believe that the recrap will air the following week.

If you are interested in volunteering to help out in any of the remaining episodes (E8 through E13), please respond and let me know!!!

People that have already completed a SOTS this season are eligible for another episode, if they reply and indicate interest.

PepeLePew13 (who asked for a later episode when this thread was first posted) and survivormitsx (whose SOTS was interupted by the server outage) have first priority... but both of them still need to reply to this thread and indicate that they are still interested.

I will try to put the list together in a few days... in the meantime, volunteer!!!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-27-02, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
I'd be interested in doing one.

MM

10-28-02, 08:26 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-02 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

>PepeLePew13 (who asked for a later
>episode when this thread was
>first posted) and survivormitsx (whose
>SOTS was interupted by the
>server outage) have first priority...
>but both of them still
>need to reply to this
>thread and indicate that they
>are still interested.

Aye, count me in for Episode 12 (December 10 SOTS) if nobody would mind my asking for a specific date? I'm writing the Ep.10 summary and the Ep.11 and 13 dates *may* be iffy for me, so better to ask for 12.

IF there's a ton of interest in doing a SOTS, then I would be happy to back down and let others break their SB virginity (so to speak) by writing a SOTS.

10-28-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
I'll gladly do another sleeeve but I already did an SOTS for this series.

"And I can't help but feel attached to the feelings I can't even match. With my face pressed up to the glass, wanting you..."

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
I just checked my schedule and I am open until .....around 2005 it looks like. I'll be the sacrificial virgin Monsieur LaPew mentioned.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Time for MORE volunteers!!!"
bump

Will answer the call if need be, would prefer to let anyone who is actually eager for it have the job tho.

11-01-02, 09:42 PM (EST)
30. "Schedule -- Second Half of Season"
Okay... here's the schedule for the remainder of the episodes:

Episode 8 - OceanSkater
Episode 9 - Matty Max
Episode 10 - dabo
Episode 11 - snoocharoo
Episode 12 - PepeLePew
Episode 13 (Finale) - TBA

Please note that we still do not have confirmation on the episode schedule yet. As such, dates are subject to change, so you should stick to your episode assignments and not necessarily the dates posted above. As we find out the remainder of the schedule, please contact me to let me know if you have any conflicts.

Please reply to this post to acknowledge that you have read this post, and will be able to do the episode as scheduled.

You will recieve an e-mail prior to the week which you are scheduled to write your SOTS with further information.

Thanks.

-sleeeve

11-06-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
31. "Count me in."
It seems that a number of people have missed this thread (*coughdon'tlookatmecough*) since there are no responses to your latest post, eee, so am bumping this up.

Aye, captain, I'll be there to do episode 12 assuming the schedule stays the way it is.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-02, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Season"
Am looking forward to doing ep 10 no matter what week it occurs (currently looking like week before Turkay Day though, so WaaaaHoooooo!). Just reporting in, basically: assignment noted. I will not gufu my duties!

11-07-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Season"
Yee-haw. I'm so stoked to do another!

Snoocharoo

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Schedule -- Second Half of Season"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

I'm set for next week, looks to be interesting.

um, yeah, so yeah.

MM

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •