The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-22-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
OK, Tonight was interesting because you saw some singers sing outside their normal style. For some it worked, for some it was painful. Here is my quick wrap-up in order of Top to Bottom performance.
1 - LUCY - once again calm and understated yet powerful. She took a song she could have sung 2 different ways and wisely chose the ballad version which suits her style immensely. She is the class of this show.
2 - CHANTEL - awesome comeback from 2 weeks ago's brutal performance. She started a bit rocky tonight but really nailed it at the end. This girl is power personified. BAck in her element with the power ballads. This could do the trick tonight.
3 - KATELYN - Well surprise, surprise. Who knew she had THIS performance in her? She worked the stage, sung her butt off and just generally improved in every aspect tonight. Should she get in the top 3? Absolutely. Will she? Of course not. And that sucks.
4 - CHAUNCEY - OK performance. Not as Earth shattering as Gladys Knight made it out to be. He was nasaly and slightly off key but when compared to the other boys in the show, is in a league of his own now. Much improved the last 2 shows.
5 - MORGAN - Well he cut down on the attitude this week but saying he sung the sung for his "mommy" was a bit much.
6 - DANIELLE - Oh my God what happened? I still voted for her and ill vote more later but oh man...this was not good. I liked that she tried something different since the fact that she sung her butt off in ballads that tingled your spine but wasnt good enough for fickle voters. So she tried "this" tonight. It was not successful. It hurts to write anything bad about Danielle. Well, Chantel rebounded this week after a crap show, hopefully Dani can do the same. I really, really hope so.
7 - JORDAN - This poor girl tries so hard. You can see it. She just isnt ready. Give her another year or two and then watch her. Spunky little thing that personally i liked better than Tori in terms of personality but as far as the whole package....i dunno. I wonder if Tori's voters will transfer votes to Jordan because of the similarity and the fact that Ryan said "Tori wants her in the group".
8 - AJ - It pains me to put him last. I'd like to not be able to rate him at all. I dont like him. Hes too cocky. He just reeks of attitude and gives the impression his poop doesnt stink and that he could get any girl he wanted. Singing? He's nothing. Absolutely nothing.

WHO SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 3 - Lucy, Chantel & Katelyn
WHO WILL BE BECAUSE OF IDIOTIC VOTERS - AJ, Chauncey & Chantel

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 SaphireLady 07-22-03 1
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 Turkishdelights 07-22-03 2
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 BlueJeansJane 07-22-03 3
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 RUTGERSpaul 07-23-03 4
   RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 Rikker Mortis 07-23-03 5
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22 TODDLJ 07-23-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-22-03, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
my rank.

Morgan-- He was on, did not over do, was a great song. As for the "for my mommy" comment. come on, he is a kid, he does not have a girlfriend and was set up with the who did you sing that for comment. So the comment was perfect.

Don't know the others apart enough to know who is who but there was one girl that sang an upbeat song, did a real cute job of it, and had the judges saying it was the best she has done. I liked her tonight. None of the others really grabbed me enough to pay attention past the first few seconds.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-22-03, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-03 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

Hmm... well, tonights show was quite interesting. Danielle is definately my favourite, but tonight was not her night. That song and the performance were completely not her. Katelyn was the big surprise of the night- she actually gave the judges something else to comment on other than her looks. I thought Chauncy gave a brilliant performance, however... it is quite disgusting to see how much the producers are favouring certain contestants (namely AJ and Chauncy)- the audience plant signs and the whole glitter rainbow thing were a bit over the top. That said, I rank them like this:

1) Lucy- definately the most consistent, Lucy gave a fantastic performance tonight.

2) Chauncy- I think this was his best performance yet and the producers will probably be overjoyed when America votes him in the group tomorrow.

3) Katelyn- She really surprised me tonight

4) Chantal- Despite a few mishaps, she finished with a bang.

5) Morgan- I'm certainly no fan of Morgan, but from a musical standpoint, he gave a solid performance.

6)Danielle- listen to mamma Gladys... stick to the ballads

7) Jordan- I really dig this girl, but she's just not cutting it

8) AJ- horrible

BlueJeansJane 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-22-03, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueJeansJane Click to send private message to BlueJeansJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
The kids overall did not step it up as much as I would of liked but it was still a decent night with some surprises. I can't decide in a 1-10 order but here is my opinion of each performance.
A.J.- This was a good song choice for him and he did a "fine job" but he doesn't have the vocal goods to be in the group.The group wouldn't be ruined if he got in. It just wouldn't be as good as it could be.

Danielle- She did her best with that song and I still love her voice. It just wasn't her style. I liked that she tried something different and danced.

Chantel- I thought she started off a little shakey but ended really strong. I personally don't care much for that performance but she could be in the top 3.

Chauncey- Awww, Moon River was such a good song for him and he could be in the top 3. He was just adorable. He would not be good for the group but he could get in on sheer little boy likeability.

Lucy- She had the most solid performance of the night. She had the perfect song choice and sang it on pitch, with power, and "sold it". She is just ready.

Morgan- I LOVE "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" and Morgan sang it like he was really in love with someone. I don't think he'll make the top 3 although he deserves it based on vocal ability and the soul he put into the song.

Jordan- Her upper register was definitely really good but her voice was flat sometimes. I like her stage presence though.

Katelyn- She did better and can sing well, but I just felt bored. Flat out bored.

Top 3 based on tonight only: Lucy, Morgan,Chauncey ( I DO NOT want Chauncey in the group).

Most Likely the Top 3: Lucy, A.J., Chantel

I voted for Danielle and Morgan. If Lucy is not in the top 3 something is SERIOUSLY wrong. Maybe I should of voted for her instead of leaving it up to everyone else.....

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-03, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
Here's my two cents on last night's "American Juniors"

A.J. MELENDEZ - This kid is alright. Throughout my reviews Ive never had any kind of spark from him. I think he's all flash and nothing else, he does have a solid voice, but it's nothing spectacular.

DANIELLE WHITE - I like this different side of Danielle. She's having fun and she's being a kid. As Gladys said, wrong song for her voice, but it's fun seeing them mix it up, and it was fun seeing her dance around and, again, just be a kid. Still a great job nonetheless.

CHANTEL KOHL - Such an awesome voice, and she picked a Dionne song, you can never go wrong with that! She's gorgeous and her father has to be one of the most proud fathers, when they first showe dhim crying when Chantel would sing, I felt myself well up as well. Chantel is great, and deserves to move on.

(Rikker, you have Chantel on BOTH your "Should Be" and "Idiotic" rating at the bottom of your review)

CHAUNCEY MATTHEWS - I liked him AGAIN this week. Still not taking back all the comments I made hating on Chauncey. But let me say, the glitter, a little too Morgan for me, but it worked for him. VERY nice job.

LUCY HALE - Lucy took my "Performance of the Night", I had chills the entire song, she just blows everybody away. Just wonderful, and she's so solid. It's just amazing watching and listening to her. I'd LOVE an album of just Lucy.

MORGAN BURKE - Okay, so he wasn't so hammy this week, BUT, I found out what maes me dislike this kid. You watch his movements, you watch his face, he tries WAY TOO HARD to perform, whereas these other kid are relaxed and are just natural. I don't really like performers who try too hard, and I think that's where the negativity towards Morgan comes from.

JORDAN MCCOY - I still LOVE Jordan. I think her voice got better this week, and her performance was adorable as always. I know TODDLJ says we don't need another Carmen, but Jordan is just so cool.

KATELYN TARVER - Gladys took the word right out of m ymouth, we finally see some personality from Katelyn. She had it all last night and took a close runner-up to taking performance of the night. Nice job to Katelyn.

-------------------------------------------------
PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT:

Week 1: Taylor Thompson
Week 2: Jordan McCoy
Week 3: Lucy Hale

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-23-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
(Rikker, you have Chantel on BOTH your "Should Be" and "Idiotic" rating at the bottom of your review)

yes, i know. I'm hoping that the "idiot" voters do something right at least. on a sidenote thats been mentioned before. I go to the Idolforums board which is basically where the "oh aj is god" teenyboppers hang out and saw something VERY interesting last night. Yeah, there was a ton of A.J. and his stupid scar fans dripping there hormones all over the board but the interesting part was almost all of them were converting to Danielle based on her Tori impersonation last night. I mean, unanimous almost. People posting how they voted over a hundred times for Dani. If you gage the voting on the 'boppers (god help us), Dani MIGHT actually make the Top 3 tonight.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-23-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIORS 7-22"
My rankings, for what it's worth...

1. Lucy Hale
Simply the best, most professional, and classiest singer in the competition. Had a bit of a shaky start pitchwise, but only briefly, then 'clicked in'. By the end of the song, she was smokin, with difficult 'bluesy' notes and seamless transitions from her head to chest voice. WHAT A TALENT! She is every bit as good as and of the girls in American Idol 2 (except perhaps Kim Locke.)

I hated the fact that Jordan Knight mentioned she should go solo. I think a lot of viewers have decided this and that's why she isn't getting votes. Note to voters: THE GROUP WILL NEED SOLOISTS TOO! IN SINGING GROUPS, THE SONGS HAVE SOLO VERSES, WHICH WILL NEED TO BE STRONG! Getting in the group could be the ideal opportunity for her... to make the connections and money she needs to start her solo career in a few years when she is an adult.

2. Danielle White
I refuse to write her off because just the judges were disappointed. She dared to try something different. She did an up-tempo, and still sang with a beautiful, pitch-perfect, natural, unaffected voice. And she showed she has stage presence, personality, and can move well. SHE WAS EVERY BIT AS GOOD THIS WEEK AS TAYLOR OR TORI EVER WERE. I still say she belongs in the group. (Why didn't the judges say that? They were way too hard on her.)

3. Katelyn Tarver
I never would have thought I would rank her way up here, but this was far and away her best performance of the competition. She may be losing votes due to voter jealousy because she is so pretty... but I think she deserves top three this week. She is so hit-or-miss, this week may be her only shot at making the group.

4. Chauncey Matthews
He keeps improving every week, and I'm starting to see his appeal. He's very likable, and his voice is 'babyish' but otherwise strong and well stylized. This was a 'Diva' performance, with the outfit, attitude, and glitter. The producers seem to be pushing him hard... and I mostly bought into it.

5. AJ Melendez
His voice is smooth and strong, and his pitch was right on. He's a little dull to me, I don't see the sex appeal, but this was one of his better showings vocally.

6. Morgan Burke
He toned down the attitude quite a bit, and ended up a little dull in the process. His stylizing and his voice were spot-on, as always, but his performance lacked magic.

7. Chantel Kohl
For my ear, this was her least successful performance yet. Though the end was strong, she floundered through the beginning, and was slightly off pitch for the first 2/3 of the song. I'm not doubting her in general, I think she's great, but this particular performance was weak.

8. Jordan McCoy
Sorry, Jordan fans, but this just wasn't her week. She really doesn't have a strong enough voice for songs like this one. It really showed her weaknesses. She's cute as hell, I admit, but that's simply not enough.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •