The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on the Jury"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Meg 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-16-00, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meg Click to send private message to Meg Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on the Jury"
I've been reading posts for a long time and have never seen this issue brought up, so I finally registered a username so I could say this:

I've seen lots of people discussing the probable final four and speculating about how a jury would vote for a winner. A point that may be missing is the definition of a "jury". Instead of casting votes individually, a jury must deliberate and come to a decision together. It is my opinion that the final jury will operate in this manner. This may affect the outcome. For example, one person on the jury may feel very strongly that Rich (for example) should win, and may have compelling reasons for wanting that....the reasons may be so compelling that he or she is able to convince the others to choose Rich as well. Now, I haven't done a whole lot of analysis of different scenarios or anything; I was just interested in seeing what all of you think about this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Very good Point!! BadAs 08-17-00 1
 RE: Thoughts on the Jury AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 2
   RE: Thoughts on the Jury Shenandoah 08-17-00 3
   RE: Thoughts on the Jury Meg 08-17-00 4
   who knows what is in MB"s head.. BadAs 08-17-00 5
       RE: who knows what is in MB"s head.... choap10 08-18-00 6
           RE: who knows what is in MB"s head.... Me-Lissa 08-18-00 7
               Rich vs. Sue in final vote champagne_supernova 08-18-00 8
                   RE: Rich vs. Sue in final vote zeako 08-18-00 10
 Great Post! rthrills 08-18-00 9
   RE: Great Post! zeako 08-18-00 11
   RE: Great Post! castaway 08-18-00 12
 RE: Thoughts on the Jury performanz 08-18-00 13
   RE: Thoughts on the Jury qwkslvr 08-18-00 14
 RE: Change in Perspective GetBy_er 08-18-00 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-00, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Very good Point!!"
welcome to the Board!!

This could throw a whole new light on the eventual winner, it it is a "JURY -like" decision rather than count each vote. Were as you pointed out that a JURY may have to make one over-all descion and be aggreeable with the decison rather than a "Secret Ballot" of say 4-3 in favor of one Survivor. Puts a whole new twist into final end game theories.

I think we should explore this further if there is any reliable URL's about the Jury vote process.

I did see something that said each finalist has the right to state their case.

Any thoughts??

BA

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-00, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on the Jury"
Thanks for joining us, Meg. I think the jury probably will deliberate together before voting, but ultimately every jury has to vote. Some never reach consensus (a "hung jury"). In some cases, a supermajority is enough (9-3 or even 8-4). In this case, I *think* the jury will probably deliberate but still decide by majority vote: someone has to win, after all. But I do not *know* this. Anyone else have a thought on this?

Shenandoah 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-00, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shenandoah Click to send private message to Shenandoah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on the Jury"
In another reply, I mentioned that I think it is also important to keep in mind that the old alliances will probably come into play, at least initally, among the Jury members. Also, keep in mind that these people are probably "already" talking among themselves and lobbying each other as to how they would vote, given the current survivors left at the end of each TC. They know that they have to come to some sort of verdict--probably not unanimous--but they will have to have a majority that declares a winner. Here is the chance for those who had their flame snuffed out to exact the payback from those who voted them off. I imagine there were probably some interesting exchanges among the jury members as to who the winner should be.

Meg 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-00, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meg Click to send private message to Meg Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on the Jury"
I can't remember where I heard this, but at some point before I started reading these message boards, I heard that the jury would have to pick a winner among them by deliberating. I wish I could point to the place or source I got this from, but I heard it long before I became addicted to the message boards!! I definitely think this issue is worth keeping in mind.

I sometimes think that Rich might win. I think if everyone talks about it, they might conclude that, like him or not, he played the game the best. AHHHH! Who knows! I change my mind every other day on who I think the winner is!!

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-00, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "who knows what is in MB"s head.."
most of the JURY will have preconcieved Bias towards certain members. Will the Jury be allowed to "deliberate"? Could someone be made Foreman and facillitate the discusion? Will we see the discusion? will it be a closed vote majority? True each person has a vote but MB could set up guidelines in order for the "Jury" to be persuaded or skewed towards one vote or another.

For example: there could be a edited VCR presentation of good points/ bad points of each finalist that the jury is forced to watch!! MB still has control!!!

In the words of RUDY "I DON"T KNOW"

BA

choap10 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choap10 Click to send private message to choap10 Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: who knows what is in MB"s head.."
Meg, that is a very good idea, but after listening to MB's latest comments, I am pretty sure that everyone votes for themselves. On ss.com, someone mentioned that MB was quoted as saying that the final two vote would be very close. Now, I can't see a way of it being really close if there is a jury. My guess is Kelly vs. Rudy final. Although, I am now leaning towards Rich being in the final 2.

Me-Lissa 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Me-Lissa Click to send private message to Me-Lissa Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: who knows what is in MB"s head.."
Wouldn't the votes be really close if Rich went up against Sue :

Rudy - Sue (If anyone betrays me, I'll get even)
Sean - Sue (Rich cut his throat wide open)
Kelly - Sue (trailer park gals stick together)
Colleen - Rich (the redeemed)
Gervase - Rich (Sue works too hard)
Jenna - Rich (Sue lied re women not being voted off anytime soon)
Greg - flips coin (would rather vote for the monitor lizard)

champagne_supernova 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-18-00, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail champagne_supernova Click to send private message to champagne_supernova Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Rich vs. Sue in final vote"
I don't think it would be close at all-Rich would totally dominate in a Rich/Sue vote:

Kelly-Rich (Sue stabbed her in the back)
Rudy-Sue (Betrayed by a "QUEER")
Sean-Rich (Sue made very bitchy comments about his lack of balls)
Cooleen-Rich (Made negative comments about Sue in interviews)
Gervase-Rich (Again, negative comments about Sue-
referred to the winner as male)
Jenna-Rich (Sue lied to her about female alliance)
Greg-Rich (In his own kooky way, respects Rich for his strategy)

I don't really think that Sue will be in the final two. I think she'll be first to go, then Rudy, with a Rich and Kelly final two.

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-00, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rich vs. Sue in final vote"
I think the fact that there are only seven people on the "jury" indicates they each get their own vote. Be excluding Gretchen and avoiding an even number, there can be no tie. It is also more compelling TV to allow each jury member to hold up their ballot and say their piece.

rthrills 58 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rthrills Click to send private message to rthrills Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Great Post!"
That was a great post. You're right, if it is a true jury, that changes everything. In fact, that benefits Rich! Rudy wouldn't do very well, because when they all think about it, it just wouldn't' make sense. He is old and he didn't really do that much, However, Coleen could talk about Rich and how isn't that bad, Greg and Gervase would back that up with "he was just playing the game," and Jenna and Collen would talk about how Kelly was two faced. They would all still hate Trucker Sue, but if it was a true jury, can anyone beat Rich?

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Great Post!"
We are getting into some big-time speculation here, but what if Rich is on the jury. He can be quite convincing. Perhaps he argues Rudy's case and wins helps convince the young Pagnongers to vote for the old guy, thereby "redeeming" himself.

castaway 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail castaway Click to send private message to castaway Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Great Post!"
And remember, the people on the island didn't hear all of the terrible things Rich said, that we as viewers were shown. He certainly kept a lot of things to himself & put on a much better face to the participants. That smile(ewww, did I say that?) just might have fooled some of them into thinking he wasn't that bad. Wonder what they are thinking now after seeing all the terrible things he's said about them for the camera. Remember, they weren't even sure of an alliance for the longest time & who's to say they ever really knew who the head figure of that was. Ahhh, just another rambling thot....

performanz 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-18-00, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail performanz Click to send private message to performanz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thoughts on the Jury"
According to interviews yesterday on both Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight:
The two finalist each get to make an opening statement, pleading their case for why they should be the winner.
The members of the jury will then in turn be allowed to either ask a question of the finalists or make a statement to the jury.
Then the two finalists will get a final chance to rebut any
comments.
The jury then selects who wins the million bucks.
Supposedly sparks will fly and it will be a close vote.
And according to Sean you will be satisfied.

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thoughts on the Jury"
>And according to Sean you will be satisfied.<
Well, there goes any chance of satisfaction!

GetBy_er 63 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GetBy_er Click to send private message to GetBy_er Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Change in Perspective"
I doubt Rich would have much influence on the jury (If he's on it and not in front of it). There is no leverage for Rich (or any of the ETA) to exert, no quid to pro quo, no Machia to velli....

Rich : You know Rudy didn't really want to vote agains..
Greg: Screw you
Jenna: Screw you
Gervase: Screw you
Colleen: You're fat, screw you
Sean: Screw you

Rich: What I mean is ...
Colleen: Naked?, screw you

Rich: Buncha losers
Colleen: Screw you

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •