The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-20-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-05 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-28-05 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-28-05 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

<[BR>I just read a interview with Reality Shack and Lisa Kieffer about the fact she applied to Survivor 3,5,7 and 9 and what happened and how she finally got on. It seems she applied for 3,5,7 and got callbacks, she made it to the semi-finals on two of them, but It did not happen for her. Then right before 9 she got a call about being on the Amazing Race and she was going to LA anyway to see her son, so they called her there to come in and it ended up that they were doing finals for 9 and they needed someone at the last minute and there you have it. Here is the particular question they asked her and her response:
You had applied for several different seasons of Survivor. What do you think they saw in you this time that they didn't see in you the previous times? Is there any key to success that you can share with us about getting on the show?

I had previously applied for Survivor 3, 5 and 7 making it to the semi-finals for Survivor 3 and 5. Deep down I knew that if I would make it to the final round in LA, then the producers would see my passion for the game and that I would be a great representative of a mom (having 6 kids).

When I applied for Survivor 9 I had made it to the semi-finals again, but was rejected for the final round in LA. As luck would have it, about a month later I got a call about applying for "The Amazing Race". I submitted a video and when they called me back to tell me they received it, I was actually in LA visiting my son (who is an actor). When the casting agents found this out they asked me to come in for a "quick interview". Little did I know it was an interview for Survivor (the final round was going on). That quick interview led to me staying in LA an additional week for the rest of the round and then making it on the show!

I really believe that not only was I right about them meeting me face to face, but I know they liked my persistence and passion for the show. The don't want quitters, they want winners!!!!

Here is another one from Julie Berry.

What advice would you give to anyone thinking about applying to be on Survivor?

If you actaully make it on then you don't need any advice; you're picked for being you so just be you. They are looking for rich character. Besides that, watching it on TV doesn't show or can not show the struggle you will face ... and that is why this show rocks.

Thanks again for your time Julie, and best of luck to you and Jeff!

OF Boston Rob Survivor Marqueses and All-stars:
SurvivorSkills: What advice would you give to someone trying out for Survivor?
Boston Rob: Be yourself!

of Scout Cloud Lee Survivor Vanuatu:
What can you tell us about the application process that could give future applicants an idea what influences the producers?

By all means, present yourself as yourself. The game will take you to your knees. Who you really are will be revealed. So, have the courage to put it up front. If you make it, great. If you don't, great. And apply if you want to be in the game. Don't stand around and talk about it. Do it.

From Amber Brksch Survivor Outback/Survivor All-Stars Winner
RNO: Would you recommend your strategy for future Survivors?

Amber: Well yes and no. I think you can take from previous players’ strategies... but you have to be ready to add your own flavor!!! If you don’t, people will catch on to what you are doing and you'll be voted out.

2. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Shawna Mitchell Survivor Amazon:
SF- With so many people applying for Survivor you need to be noticed. What did you do on your audition tape to catch the eyes of the casting department?

SM- honestly, i have no idea why they casted me. did you see my tape?? terrible... it wasn't even a tape. i showed up to an open audition on a coffee-finding whim, tried out as a joke (got severly laughed at by my friends when my mug showed up on the evening news that covered the open call)... then next thing i knew, i was in LA and then the Amazon -- a whirlwind process for me indeed. as for the advice on what to do though: be fun, be incredibly comfortably in front of the camera, and super outgoing (not cheese though...).

Of Tammy Leitner Survivor Marqueses:
Survivor Skills: What advice would you give to someone trying out for Survivor? What advice to win?
Tammy: You have to remember that casting directors see thousands of audition tapes. The worst thing you can do is sit in front of the camera and say, “My name is John and I live in Arizona and I have a wife, two kids and a dog.” That doesn't tell them anything special about you. Let your audition tape reflect YOU - your personality, what quality you have that makes you a good cast member. If it's that everyone thinks you're obnoxious, don't be afraid to show it. They're not looking for actors, they're looking for 16 Type A personalities that are not afraid to mix it up and make good TV. To win, my advice is to NOT paint a target on your back like the Rotu 4 did on Survivor: Marquesas. The mistake we made was not having a strong fifth person in our alliance. So my advice would be to quietly work your way into a five person alliance and hope you can beat the other four when it comes down to the end. But it's hard to be both a good TV character and win the million dollars. If you're too outspoken, like Boston Rob or Arizona Robb, you become a target. You're good TV, but you're not going to win

also from Tammy Leitner being interviewed in 2003:
What advice would you offer to someone who would be applying?

Tammy: Show what makes you different. Everybody has a significant other or a dog or
kids or a job. What makes YOU different from the other 65,000 people who
apply? Focus on that and make sure your audition tape reflects that

OF MiaGalentozola of Survivor Vanuatu:
RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Mia. Let’s start before the game: What did you do – in terms of strategy, fitness, etc. – to prepare for Survivor?

Mia: I gained about 10 pounds before starting the game, and I worked a lot... mostly running... and a lot of strength training. I spent a couple weeks in San Fran running the hills, so it helped out a lot...

Of Sandra Diaz-Twine Survivor Pearl Island:
RNO: How did you prepare for Survivor – did you watch previous series, read up on strategy, work out at the gym, etc.?

Sandra: I've watched all the Survivor series. I did not read up on strategy. I went to the gym only about five or six times, I always kept finding excuses why not to go. Plus I don’t enjoy going to the gym. I took some pool aerobic classes, but I don’t know why I became so fearful of the ocean, but I do enjoy pools.

OF Nicole Survivor Pearl Island:
RNO: How did you prepare to go on Survivor? Did you watch previous series, read up on strategy, etc.?

Nicole: I didn't watch previous shows or read up on strategy. I studied some books on survival skills to brush up on what I might need to know and trained much more intensely. I hit the gym and ran for about 2-3 hours a day. As the days before the show approached, I also gained about 8 pounds thinking I would need it if I wouldn't be eating.

I think This was Burton from Pearl Islands
SF- How and when did you apply for Survivor? What did you do on your tape?

RO- I applied for Survivor from the Outback on!! So that makes it 5 times before I got on. Each time my tape was a little different. Things ranged from Riding(motocross), working out, my jobs at the time. Simple stuff really, but entertaining for the most part hahahaha!!!

of Sean Rector Survivor Marqueses
SF- How and when did you decide to apply for Survivor? What was your tape like?

SR- A couple of years ago I sent in a tape of myself teaching and if I was selected I would challenge my students in South Central L.A, that if I could make it on Survivor then they could make it anywhere. I am a
reflection of my students in Harlem & S. Central L.A

OF Christa Hastie Survivor Pear Islands about how many times she applied:
LiarLiar: How many times did you try out for the show?
Christa: I sent in my videotape and application once before for SURVIVOR: OUTBACK but never again until this time. It was meant to be.

of Darrah Johnson Survivor Pearl Islands:
kellb: Darrah, have you ever tried out for other Survivor seasons?
Darrah: No, this was the first one I tried out for, and I got picked.

of Ryan Shoulders Survivor Pearl Island:
MOE_S7Stud: Ryan, what advice would you have for those of us who want to audition for SURVIVOR?
Ryan: Never give up, always be yourself and just hope for the best.

of Butch Lockley of Survivor Amazon:
jay28: Butch, how did you prepare for the game?
Butch: I prepared for the game by exercising, which included walking and weight lifting! I tried to gain a few pounds, but I don't know if that helped me or not.

of Peter Harkey of Survivor Marqueses:
survivor_fan007: What did you do in your audition tape to catch the producer's eye?
Peter Harkey: I was myself.

of Patricia Jackson Survivor Marqueses:
PATTYtheLAMB: What advice would you give to those looking to be a part of Survivor?
Patricia Jackson: The only advice I can give is to have a lot of patience.

of Kimmy Kappenberg of Survivor Australia
leo22: What advice would you give someone applying for the next episode of Survivor?

Kimmi Kappenberg: When you're applying, just be yourself. Because it's a long time to keep up the charade.

Of Deb Eaton Survivor Marqueses:
CBS_Moderator: Many people are asking variations of these questions, so let me sum up: Can you describe the application process a bit, and can you tell us if you studied the first Survivor in preparation?"

Debb Eaton: First off, I didn't study the first one. I watched and enjoyed it, and from there I sent in an application, a video. 50,000 people sent them in, from there they cut to 800, then they cut to 100. Then they cut to 50. Sent the 50 out to L.A. for interviewing, and from there they picked the 16. And we were on our way!

Of Elizabeth Filarski of Survivor Outback:

Noelle: Elisabeth, You were my favorite Survivor. What was your video like that you submitted? Do you have any recommendations for future applicants?

Elisabeth Filarski: My video was pretty basic; it wasn't anything staged or developed. It took place in my car, where I was spending a lot of time driving back and forth to work. I had one of my roommates video me in there, and it was kind of on a whim, so it wasn't put together. It was a very grassroots operation. It was basically me driving during a rainstorm. I was trying to focus on my roommate because he was on the dashboard and I went over a pot hole and poor Dave got bumped
Robb of Survivor Thailand:

REDHEAD: What was your application

Of Clay Jordon of Survivor Thailand:
toby: What advice can you give to SURVIVOR applicants?
Clay: The first thing to do is get their attention to get that first interview. Be yourself. Do something that you're not ashamed to do, because it's going to go on the internet. Be proud of yourself, and make something that will sell yourself in three minutes. I was impressed that I sold myself in three minutes to them, and if you can get them to look at that first video and to call you, most definitely go in and tell them who you are. Don't try to be anybody else.

OF Amber Brkisch when on Survivor Outback:
survivorrocks: Which is needed more, mental or physical strength, to be on Survivor?

Amber Brkich: I would say, surprisingly, mental--because that is what gets you through the game. Yes, the challenges are somewhat physical but that's not what assures you to stay til the end. I didn't particularly win any of the individual challenges and I still stayed pretty far into the game. I do think, however, it helps to be in shape because early on when you're still in separate tribes that is what gets you guys the advantage of winning the challenges and rewards. It seems like the weak people go first.

OF Rob Cesternino of Survivor Amazon:

iZagged: How much preparation did you do for the show, and how much research on the game play did you do?
Rob: You would not believe the amount of research I did before the show. I watched every episode from every season. I read strategy books, I worked out and put on about fifteen pounds.

OF Jenna Morasca winner Survivor Amazon:

Ally: Suggestions for those of us interested in applying?
Jenna: You just have to be yourself. Make a tape showing exactly who you are and hope that that fits what they are looking for.

dstar: What made you decide to apply?
Jenna: I'd been a huge fan of the show since the first season. Obviously, a chance to win a million dollars, and SURVIVOR tests your limits physically and mentally, and I figured that was something I could benefit from at this point in time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 1
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 5
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 7
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 11
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 2
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 3
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-24-05 4
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... anotherkim 01-24-05 6
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 10
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 8
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 9
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 12
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 13
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-25-05 14
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 15
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 16
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 17
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 18
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 19
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-26-05 20
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... KObrien_fan 01-26-05 21
 RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... catman 01-29-05 22
   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-29-05 23
       RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... catman 01-29-05 24
           RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-29-05 25
               RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... catman 01-29-05 26
                   RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-29-05 27
                       RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... catman 01-29-05 28
                           RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... cuon10 01-31-05 29
                               RE: Tips from previous Survivors ab... catman 01-31-05 30
 Per Jeff Probst in regards to survi... cuon10 02-10-05 31
   RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to s... LSUSURVIVOR 02-10-05 32
       RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to s... JohnMc 02-10-05 33
           RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to s... LSUSURVIVOR 02-10-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-24-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-05 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

If you actaully make it on then you don't need any advice; you're picked for being you so just be you. They are looking for rich character. Besides that, watching it on TV doesn't show or can not show the struggle you will face ... and that is why this show rocks.

01-24-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
OF Boston Rob Survivor Marqueses and All-stars:

SurvivorSkills: What advice would you give to someone trying out for Survivor?
Boston Rob: Be yourself!

01-24-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Scout Cloud Lee Survivor Vanuatu:

What can you tell us about the application process that could give future applicants an idea what influences the producers?

By all means, present yourself as yourself. The game will take you to your knees. Who you really are will be revealed. So, have the courage to put it up front. If you make it, great. If you don't, great. And apply if you want to be in the game. Don't stand around and talk about it. Do it.

01-25-05, 00:26 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
From Amber Brksch Survivor Outback/Survivor All-Stars Winner

RNO: Would you recommend your strategy for future Survivors?

Amber: Well yes and no. I think you can take from previous players’ strategies... but you have to be ready to add your own flavor!!! If you don’t, people will catch on to what you are doing and you'll be voted out.

01-24-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Shawna Mitchell Survivor Amazon:

SF- With so many people applying for Survivor you need to be noticed. What did you do on your audition tape to catch the eyes of the casting department?

SM- honestly, i have no idea why they casted me. did you see my tape?? terrible... it wasn't even a tape. i showed up to an open audition on a coffee-finding whim, tried out as a joke (got severly laughed at by my friends when my mug showed up on the evening news that covered the open call)... then next thing i knew, i was in LA and then the Amazon -- a whirlwind process for me indeed. as for the advice on what to do though: be fun, be incredibly comfortably in front of the camera, and super outgoing (not cheese though...).

01-24-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Of Tammy Leitner Survivor Marqueses:
Survivor Skills: What advice would you give to someone trying out for Survivor? What advice to win?
Tammy: You have to remember that casting directors see thousands of audition tapes. The worst thing you can do is sit in front of the camera and say, “My name is John and I live in Arizona and I have a wife, two kids and a dog.” That doesn't tell them anything special about you. Let your audition tape reflect YOU - your personality, what quality you have that makes you a good cast member. If it's that everyone thinks you're obnoxious, don't be afraid to show it. They're not looking for actors, they're looking for 16 Type A personalities that are not afraid to mix it up and make good TV. To win, my advice is to NOT paint a target on your back like the Rotu 4 did on Survivor: Marquesas. The mistake we made was not having a strong fifth person in our alliance. So my advice would be to quietly work your way into a five person alliance and hope you can beat the other four when it comes down to the end. But it's hard to be both a good TV character and win the million dollars. If you're too outspoken, like Boston Rob or Arizona Robb, you become a target. You're good TV, but you're not going to win

01-24-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
also from Tammy Leitner being interviewed in 2003:

What advice would you offer to someone who would be applying?

Tammy: Show what makes you different. Everybody has a significant other or a dog or
kids or a job. What makes YOU different from the other 65,000 people who
apply? Focus on that and make sure your audition tape reflects that

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-24-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
FYI--you can edit your original post and put all this info in one screen.

INteresting stuff, though.

01-25-05, 00:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Yes, there are alot of people who seem to have questions about the process and about tips and I thought this would help them. I know what it feels like esp. the first time you send in a tape
and it helps to know that some people don't get called the first time, some who get an initial call, don't hear from them again till 2 survivors later and not everyone is an all-around superstar or stud. I just put them in as I find them because this upcoming survivor cast could be disheartening to some, at least until the show starts airing and you realize that the bottom line is still going to be the "outwit,outlast, outplay" theme. Changing the format to cut down the spoilers does not change the basis of the game. But I wanted to help these people that have these questions feel more positive.

01-25-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
OF MiaGalentozola of Survivor Vanuatu:

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Mia. Let’s start before the game: What did you do – in terms of strategy, fitness, etc. – to prepare for Survivor?

Mia: I gained about 10 pounds before starting the game, and I worked a lot... mostly running... and a lot of strength training. I spent a couple weeks in San Fran running the hills, so it helped out a lot...

01-25-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Of Sandra Diaz-Twine Survivor Pearl Island:

RNO: How did you prepare for Survivor – did you watch previous series, read up on strategy, work out at the gym, etc.?

Sandra: I've watched all the Survivor series. I did not read up on strategy. I went to the gym only about five or six times, I always kept finding excuses why not to go. Plus I don’t enjoy going to the gym. I took some pool aerobic classes, but I don’t know why I became so fearful of the ocean, but I do enjoy pools.

01-25-05, 00:47 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
OF Nicole Survivor Pearl Island:

RNO: How did you prepare to go on Survivor? Did you watch previous series, read up on strategy, etc.?

Nicole: I didn't watch previous shows or read up on strategy. I studied some books on survival skills to brush up on what I might need to know and trained much more intensely. I hit the gym and ran for about 2-3 hours a day. As the days before the show approached, I also gained about 8 pounds thinking I would need it if I wouldn't be eating.

01-25-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
I think This was Burton from Pearl Islands

SF- How and when did you apply for Survivor? What did you do on your tape?

RO- I applied for Survivor from the Outback on!! So that makes it 5 times before I got on. Each time my tape was a little different. Things ranged from Riding(motocross), working out, my jobs at the time. Simple stuff really, but entertaining for the most part hahahaha!!!

01-25-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Sean Rector Survivor Marqueses

SF- How and when did you decide to apply for Survivor? What was your tape like?

SR- A couple of years ago I sent in a tape of myself teaching and if I was selected I would challenge my students in South Central L.A, that if I could make it on Survivor then they could make it anywhere. I am a
reflection of my students in Harlem & S. Central L.A

01-26-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
OF Christa Hastie Survivor Pear Islands about how many times she applied:

LiarLiar: How many times did you try out for the show?
Christa: I sent in my videotape and application once before for SURVIVOR: OUTBACK but never again until this time. It was meant to be.

01-26-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Darrah Johnson Survivor Pearl Islands:

kellb: Darrah, have you ever tried out for other Survivor seasons?
Darrah: No, this was the first one I tried out for, and I got picked.

01-26-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Ryan Shoulders Survivor Pearl Island:

MOE_S7Stud: Ryan, what advice would you have for those of us who want to audition for SURVIVOR?
Ryan: Never give up, always be yourself and just hope for the best.

01-26-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Butch Lockley of Survivor Amazon:

jay28: Butch, how did you prepare for the game?
Butch: I prepared for the game by exercising, which included walking and weight lifting! I tried to gain a few pounds, but I don't know if that helped me or not.

01-26-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Peter Harkey of Survivor Marqueses:

survivor_fan007: What did you do in your audition tape to catch the producer's eye?
Peter Harkey: I was myself.

01-26-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
of Patricia Jackson Survivor Marqueses:

PATTYtheLAMB: What advice would you give to those looking to be a part of Survivor?
Patricia Jackson: The only advice I can give is to have a lot of patience.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Please follow Kim's advice above and just when you find these tips, edit them into one of your previous posts instead of bumping this thread. If other people are so interested, they will bump the thread to keep it alive, that's how it works.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

catman 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-29-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catman Click to send private message to catman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
cuon10,

i want to comment on your article...you got your act together..enjoy reading your feedback....how many times have you applied....

been there done that

01-29-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Thanks, catman. Just been doing the message boards since last season. It had to have been obvious. I am a passionate person, so sometimes I get a little too passionate. I have applied twice. 10 and now 11. I did a much better audition tape this time around. I guess now that auditions are over, I can tell about my audition. I did it like a newsanchor from a newstation and I named my station cbs affiliate cuon11-tv. I told them a little about myself(demographics) and then I told them about some of the more interesting things about where I have lived, such as Greece(the island of Crete) and Italy, near Brindisi.
I told them personality characteristics and how I have more heart to play this game then most people. Hopefully, they will get a vibe this time because I have been having good vibes about this. I have been swimming since March '04 and working out with weights to prepare for "if I get the call, or maybe I will just say when I get the call." I am not a 20 yo, but the most fun over 30 yo that they could pick. I just need the intitial interview, and I can convince them to send me on. I really believe that. I wanted to find info not just for myself, but for those that are already seemingly getting discouraged for 11.
You gotta believe and it will probably happen and then there is 12. I am not going to give up because I really want to do Survivor and I really think I could win it and uniquely. But I wish everyone good luck.

01-29-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catman Click to send private message to catman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
cuon10,

thanks...you are so right about never giving up...i have been applying since 3.....got my interview for 6...and boy did they pick so loser 50 year olds..oh, i am now 53, but not your typical 50 year old...i adventure race, run, mtn bike, swim, etc. my tape was like yours....i did an intro blurred showing the american flag...then my face up close....then a bathtub since (for humor)....and told about my life in my 20, 30 40...about the places i have lived and travel(england, italy, greece, spain, hawaii...to name a few, i am retired navy...

i still have hope because the people who interviewed me said they loved my tape and the head guy, no names,...said he who do whatever he could to get me on the show..i still believe..

you keep on believing..and never give up...

01-29-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-05 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Yea. I do not understand some of their casting. I understand that the casting director cannot control how a person is after a certain point, but that cast for Thailand was about the most boring group I had ever seen. That had nothing to do with their surroundings or with never having been in their shoes. Helen was blaaaaah, and I truly expected her to be more challenging because of her navy background. Jan..................fewer teachers on Survivor would be good. Because poor old
Bruce or Butch from Amazon was just as bland. There was no chemistry between either team and I am not talking sexual, just any kind of a spark. The bugs could not even get them riled up.
I guess sometimes it works and sometimes not. I think the challenges intrique me, but the social dynamics are really what are of interest. Some of the 20 somethings are really not so great either.
You expected alot from Brady and he never seemed to make his move and he should have. Mia was just a total pain in the butt, and they played Dolly up on the promos and she was the first to go. She was just so nice, yet she was asking for it, going back and forth.
I know they can only go by so much when picking the survivors. I think that what they need to do is go by those that keep applying and by considering why someone would keep applying. I know you also get weirdos that apply repeatedly, but that is what the background checks are for.
One thing that is good though, is about what Lisa Kieffer said about her interviews, and Burton or someone like that also applied 5 times before he ever heard from them. I think it is attention-getting, then something they see in the tape and the person in the tape. Once you talk to them, hammer it home about continual "newness" of the people or "characters they cast.''Trying to recreate cast members from show to show is what
can make a show old. Like after S1, they tried to recreate Sue with Deb, she was first to go. They tried to recreate Elizabeth Filarski with some other young girl/old dude team in S3 and that did not work, Big Tom/Kentucky Joe, Tina Wesson S2/Kim S3, Kathy was the best of those types and should have won and so on.
They need to look at what the individual can bring to the table and how they can do it. While I identify with certain aspects of several survivors, I would not try to duplicate them because that does not work. Like Richard Hatch, Rupert, KOB,Sandra,Twila,Boston Rob. Those all had some unique traits to their style. Hopefully, they will do this with the next cast. Look for variety. Stop assembly lining.

01-29-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
cuon10,

agree...casting needs to look at the individual...and quit asking people who they best relate to/with.....i am not sure about the upcoming s10....too many aspiring actors....3 lawyers...come on....look for real people...tooo many 20 somethings and they just cannot play the game....i think they are trying to get to hollywood.....the casting crew needs to look at diverse backgrounds......and go will again real people..hang in there buddy.....i am and will until the fat lady sings.

nice communicating with you....

01-29-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
It is not that the 20 somethings cannot play, they can to a point, but they do not have the life experience that people in their 30's,40's,50's and 60's have. Alot of people out there are gonna have something to say about what I just said, but here is the thing. Big Brother,Bachelor and Bachelorette and some of those are for the continuous lusting and sex appeal. In a true survival situation, I do not care how hot someone is or how many cases they have won or how many hours they spend in the gym. True survival comes from endurance,wits,instinct and heart. A perfect"Sylvester Stallone type or Michelle Pfieffer type might have it" but so will the "Jerry Lewis or Debra Messing" type, if it is their personality.
The thing people miss, is that Survivor is "outwit,outlast and Outplay" after about 3 days out who cares about the sexual heat, that person is still smelling as bad as you, still there for the million, and still willing to dupe you.
We have all been 20 something, the place where the 20 somethings mess up is that they are not "hungry enough yet" in most cases. They have not had enough ups and downs, they are still cocky and sure they are invincible and they are still in heat by default of hormones. Very few are able to climb out of that basket to put their goal in front of urges and comforts.
Truly I think that if Survivor realizes that they should limit the 20 somethings to 6 or 7, and break the rest of the positions up into the other age brackets, they will stay on top of the ratings game for a long time. The other thing I would suggest is that they look for a 20 something every now and then that used to be in a gang, that grew up in a harsh environment, one that is just a brilliant achiever or someone like the girl that went homeless to Harvard in the mix and see what happens. I am talking achiever as one that graduated college by 15. Really mix it up. Trump has mixed it up a little. I do not know if that has to do with his fiance', turned wife or just the fact that too many "barbies" mean to little or too much superficial
competitors with less talent and more skating ability.

01-29-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
cuon10,

you are on the money.....hey love this..and would really dig chating with you via email or messenger...what do you say??

01-31-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
Sure. Email is great. I never messenger. I don't have the patience to. I was wondering if they have ever considered casting two people who have some sort of an alliance, but not only casting them, but on opposite teams. They work their perspective team from the inside to take them closer to the $1million. You know, getting rid of the threats on their own teams somehow, bu stirring up the thoughts of people on their team they get along with? I do not know why Sarge and Chad did not realize Chris was working the guys that way. Sort of. He went from most likely to go quick to winner. Just hoping I get an interview call. I believe I can convince them to send me on. Just need that call.

01-31-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Tips from previous Survivors about getting a casting call, auditioning and so on"
cuon10,
i with you on chris. should of been the first to go...but the men were losers from the start and did not play the game right...then amy and the girls blew it....should have stuck with game plan and kicked all the men off...chris deserved to win.....
good luck on s11.....i pulling for you...i agree, get to people connected and go in and disrupt their own teams...neat

my email onekewlguy99@hotmail.com repeat onekewlguy99@hotmail.com
be waiting to hear...i am excited about this application, had a good passport picture...have been using the same tape since s3..but cbs told me it was a good tape......have changed my paper work each time though..

02-10-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
31. "Per Jeff Probst in regards to survivor cast selection "
This was posted on Survivor fever in regards to the interview JP did for CBS 2/10/05. It is about the survivor selection process:

Question: How involved are you in the casting process?

JP: The way it works...people send in tapes. We get 30-40 thousand, we have a huge casting team. Lynn interviews 1000 of them, 50-75 then go to L.A. that's when the producers get involved. That's the first time we, the producers meet them in person. Lynn knows what we need and want. She's very good. We sit in a room sequestered. They sit in their room until we call for them. They go through medical testing, interrogation. It's fun, a devilishly good time. They want something and you're standing in their way. It's a fun interviewing process. I'm just waiting for payback. it's due. My day will come when I'm in the hot seat.

LSUSURVIVOR 64 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LSUSURVIVOR Click to send private message to LSUSURVIVOR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to survivor cast selection "
That's cool....1000? thought it was only 800 but 1000 is even better

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to survivor cast selection "
Don't get too caught up in his round numbers. They have a fair amount of discretion. It's like casting for any show - if they are near their cut number, they may go over a little. They may also go under if they don't have enough of what they're looking for.

But it will be AROUND 800 to 1000 that make first round cuts. Then AROUND 50-75 that go to LA. And now we know that it will be AROUND 16-20 that get cast plus a few alternates, like Tina from S2 who get to play if someone backs out or cannot play for some reason.

For example, let's say that a player finds out that her mom has cancer years before she gets to play, and then at the last minute decides that she should stay home with her mom so that she doesn't pass away while the daughter is starving in the middle of nowhere. That player has the option of not playing, particularly if she has already won a million dollars before, so that another worthy player can participate.

LSUSURVIVOR 64 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LSUSURVIVOR Click to send private message to LSUSURVIVOR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Per Jeff Probst in regards to survivor cast selection "
Bitter towards Jenna?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •