The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-22-03, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Before i post my opinions on the performances tonight, i'd like to get your opinions on a theory of mine. I feel there are basically 3 groups of people who vote on this show. 1 are the people who vote for TALENT regardless of color, sex, etc. 2 are the young girls who vote for the boys no matter how crappy they are and 3 are the young boys who vote for the girls. By going by that theory, now that Tori & Taylor are in, who do you think the young boys will transfer their votes to? Jordan perhaps? Do you think Chantel & Lucy split votes becuase they are similar? Are the girls voting for the boys and therefore splitting all the boys votes what could keep the boys out of the group? THings to think about. I welcome all opinions.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY RUTGERSpaul 07-23-03 1
   RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY Rikker Mortis 07-23-03 2
       RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY Tracy30 07-23-03 3
           RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY kennyfwilliams 07-23-03 4
   RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY stephy 07-23-03 5
       RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY kennyfwilliams 07-23-03 6
           RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY stephy 07-23-03 7
               RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY kennyfwilliams 07-24-03 8
               RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY kennyfwilliams 07-24-03 9
                   RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY stephy 07-24-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Ok, this could get controversial.

Well, when it comes to who is voting. I think there are divided groups out there who are looking at different aspects besides, "talent".

First, I DO think there are people who are voting by drawing a line between the races. Example. During "American Idol 2", I had a friend, when she told me who her favorites people on "American Idol" were she goes, "Kimberley Locke, Ruben, Rickey Smith, and Trenyce". It is a narrow case study, and I am in no way generalizing the public, so please, no hostile outcry. So this could give Chauncey, A.J., and Morgan an edge, if that is happening, and Chauncey and A.J. did make the Top 3 last night, not doubting any kind of talent they ma have, but I do think it played a part.

There are also those who vote for the cute and adorable. Reasons why the Thompsons made it, and why Chauncey made the Top 3. I think the reason people like Chauncey is because he's like th elittle 5 year old who belts out big songs, and all you can say is "Awwwww". Along with the appeal that A.J. seems to have, I really don't see his "heartthrob-ness".

Then there's the vote for talent, which is how Chantel made the Top 3 that first week.

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-23-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Bottom line, in my opinion, if you gauge the SUM of ALL their performances so far, the Top 5 SINGERS, not personality, not dancing or cuteness or god knows what else the teeny boppers look for but actual SINGING, the Top 5 is Danielle, Lucy, Chantel, Tori & Taylor. The "mid-rangers" so to speak would be Katelyn (coming on strong though) & Chauncey and the bottom dwellers being Jordan (another one coming on strong. i still say give her time, she will be something special), Morgan & A.J. (Absolute Joke, as i refer to him).

Tracy30 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tracy30 Click to send private message to Tracy30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
I disagree. The bottom line is this:
TORI AND TAYLOR THOMPSON CANNOT SING!!!!! NEITHER OF THEM HAS ANY KIND OF VOCAL ABILITY! At least Chauncey CAN hold a tune, but you refuse to give him any props. You call AJ a joke but the biggest "joke" is the Thompson Duo.

kennyfwilliams 8 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kennyfwilliams Click to send private message to kennyfwilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-03 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-23-03 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

I agree wholeheartedly with Tracy30. Tori and Taylor Thompson have zero vocal talent.

Danielle chose her song Tuesday night because that type of song worked for Tori and Taylor. Danielle's rationale must have been that because it worked for the Thompsons, then the audience must want that type of performance.

After Danielle's performance last night, I think Gladys told Danielle that a million people can sing that type of song, which is true. However, Danielle happened to sing it better than the Thompsons would have been able.

The fact that Tori and Taylor are in the group is a travesty. I predict that this group will have a short life. The 5 who do not make the group would make a far more talented group of singers.

stephy 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-23-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephy Click to send private message to stephy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
It's ludicrous to think that Chantal has talent. She is ok and simply that. Lucy's voice is phenomenal and it's a shame to see the most talented vocalist back on the couch. It's obvious that most of the voters are a bunch of little kids who have no clue
as to what good vocals are and are basing this competition on looks. Lucy is beautiful but it is her talent that far surpasses the rest. As an adult who has worked with many child performers in a theatre company, I am truly shocked and disappointed.

07-23-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kennyfwilliams Click to send private message to kennyfwilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Stephy,

Lucy's voice has a soulful nature, whereas Danielle is classically crisp, approaching perfection.

Lucy relies on a soulful nature because her voice is limited. I doubt Lucy would have been able to sing Good Morning Starshine like Danielle sang to perfection.

Lucy is the second best, and I think she does a very good job.

07-23-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephy Click to send private message to stephy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Kenny,

Danielle classically crisp? From what I've worked with I wouldn't even put her in the category of a good vocalist. She does however have a "sweet voice". Sweet doesn't cut it in my opinion.

07-24-03, 05:33 AM (EST)
8. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Stephy,

Lucy is certainly louder than Danielle, but I don't think Lucy's voice is as well devoloped and disciplined as Danielle's. When I used the word "classically" to describe Danielle, I meant that she has clearly been classically trained and that she sings in a classical manner. I think that is what is desirable out of an 11 year old.

Having said that, I think it is fine that you like Lucy better.

07-24-03, 06:49 AM (EST)
9. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-03 AT 06:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-24-03 AT 06:51 AM (EST)

I thought about this issue more, and I think that I can explain myself better.

Here is the primary difference between Lucy and Danielle.

This is what classically trained means to me. When Danielle reads a sheet of music, she sings the notes in perfect pitch with perfect timing and with necessary intensity. Zero mistakes. She performs the song exactly as the author intended it to be performed.

I described Lucy as being soulful, which I describe as someone who belts out a song without being restrained by the sheet of music and often misses in terms of pitch and timing during the performance.

There is a place for both. I appreciate the classical approach more, and Danielle is exceptional.

07-24-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: AMERICAN JUNIOR VOTING THEORY"
Kenny,
Hi again! My 18 year old daughter thinks this is quite amusing that her mum is using a message board! She herself has been involved musical theatre for many years, with countless hours of lessons vocal, dance and instrumental. It has been quite interesting watching American Juniors with a room full of talented performers who have performed for many years themselves.
It has been a general consensus that Lucy does have the better trained voice. I base my opinion on years of involvement with vocalists & musicians and of course my own ear.Trust me my daughter and I are not always in agreement! It is however very interesting hearing the critique of trained vocalists. Apparantely Lucy does have years of vocal training in various genres. It also is the general consensus that Danielle certainly is the best dancer of the bunch. This all being said it certainly is a wonderful debate and is great to see that people can agree to disagree. I wish them both well!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •