The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribal Council Location Spotted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribal Council Location Spotted"
I was watching the clip from the early show last night, and I noticed that when Mark Burnett and Jeff are talking, they are standing right in front of the tribal council location. If you look closley, you can see contestants sitting on their "stools" and you can also catch a glimpse of Robb and Ghandia (i think) walking in the background. It has what appears to be golden statues (perhaps lions) behind them and it was pretty ornate. (Just as Jeff predicted) Anyone else catch this, or have any opinions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 1
 RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted ejm92 08-16-02 2
   RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted PepeLePew13 08-16-02 3
       RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 4
           RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted smrtNsassybnkr 08-16-02 5
               RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted Round Robin 08-20-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"
The only images that I'm sure we've seen of the council are the ones of Jiffy sitting on his new throne. Rumor is in Survivor 6 he'll start wearing a crown...

There's speculation that during the Early Show footage of Burnett and Jiffy interviewing themselves Burnett and Jiffy might be STANDING on the dock that supports the TC or such, but personally I don't consider it to be very important, I never recall the location of the TC being much of a spoiling factor.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-16-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"

Yes, that has to be the TC behind them, and there were crew members sitting on the stumps proboably to fix the camera angles and lighting. I'm guessing that maybe they walk down the little dock to vote? I wonder whether the tribes will walk to the Tribal Council and enter by going down the path in which Mark/Jeff are standing on, or whether the will row in and land at the dock. It'd be awesome if the person booted had to "walk the plank" and row their own little boat back to civilization.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"
I'll second that motion that they should row back to civilization from that TC site...

In all seriousness, while it does look ornate and nice, I'm in favour of a more traditional rustic setting without a building structure for a TC because it fits with the Survivor premise of being out in the middle of nowhere.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"
No kidding... what's this, the Hilton Tribal Council and Resort???

Hope those wet and filthy survivors don't dirty the place all up when they trek in and sit down...

-SB

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"
I hadn't seen the pictures of Jeff on his "throne", thank you, but, "Oh my Heck!!!" What the "heck" is up with that? You'd think HE was the sole survivor! I think the golden chair is too much for the show AND Jeff's ego!!!!!

I have to agree with walking the plank, and rowing back to civilization...I think that would be a good ending for those booted out, kinda like the walk of shame. I think the survivors are going to look out of place in such a fancy TC. I also think they should have it outdoors or somewhere more natural. Perhaps this is thier way of showing Thai culture? If so, I think they have mis-represented the Thai people. Aren't most of them poor farmers? (the general population?)

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-20-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tribal Council Location Spotted"
They might have built such a TC location at least partly as a concession to the monsoon season weather that S5 took place in. Remember that they had a hell of a lot of trouble with a pretty bad storm at one of the TC's in S1. According to the official book on S1, it got so bad that they almost had to shut one of the cameras down, IIRC. With that in mind, I'm sure they probably considered the weather when they were building the place.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •