The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-15-02, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More Preview Vidcaps"
Most of these are probably duplicates from what we've already seen, but there might be some new stuff. The ones with AFF before the numbers are from my local news affiliate. The ones with ET are from Entertainment Tonight. I also have some from E!, which I'll precede with just E and post in a few minutes, but my satellite cut out right when the actual report (not just the previews) was starting, so I missed most of it. Dammit! I'll try to get it when it reruns tomorrow morning.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More Preview Vidcaps samiam 08-15-02 1
   RE: More Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 2
   RE: More Preview Vidcaps PackMan 08-16-02 6
   RE: More Preview Vidcaps Swami 08-21-02 20
 RE: More Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 3
 RE: More Preview Vidcaps Bungler 08-15-02 4
   RE: More Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 5
       Another Buff? Rain Crow 08-16-02 7
       RE: More Preview Vidcaps Bungler 08-16-02 9
           RE: More Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 12
               I don't think so MakeItStop 08-16-02 13
   RE: More Preview Vidcaps Bungler 08-16-02 8
       RE: More Preview Vidcaps samiam 08-16-02 10
           RE: More Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 11
               the blanket photo weltek 08-20-02 14
                   RE: the blanket photo MakeItStop 08-20-02 15
                   RE: the blanket photo nailbone 08-20-02 18
       RE: More Preview Vidcaps sittem 08-20-02 19
 Division by gender? (again) MeToo 08-20-02 16
 RE: two questions wildchickenhunter 08-20-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
In AFF08 and 09 (and ET12), does it look to anyone else like those are the cast's bags/rucksacks on the ground, with clothing strewn (or placed, since much of it appears to be laid out nice and flat) all over? Why would that be?

As to ET05...well, it's the ET&A show, what did you expect? *grin*

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
>As to ET05...well, it's the ET&A
>show, what did you expect?
>*grin*

Someone's doing her best Sara imitation...

Funny how Burnett just happens to include that from the hours and hours of footage...

-SB

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-16-02, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
>In AFF08 and 09 (and ET12),
>does it look to anyone
>else like those are the
>cast's bags/rucksacks on the ground,
>with clothing strewn (or placed,
>since much of it appears
>to be laid out nice
>and flat) all over?
>Why would that be?

This doesn't appear to be a normal camp shot. Shi Ann seems to be looking at the cloths as if she is trying to decide something. Could this be a shot from a first challenge? If (and I'm not yet convinced of this) the teams are initially divided men vs. women, I would expect the first challenges to be more mental than physical. Just throwing out an idea.

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
>>clothing strewn (or placed, since much of it appears to be laid out nice and flat) all over? Why would that be?<<

This is the best way to dry clothing during the sunny periods between monsoon rainfalls. Lay the clothing flat on well-drained (but not necessarily fully dry) ground. The intense tropical sun will dry the clothing quite quickly, in less than an hour certainly. If you do not move or pick up the clothing until it is dry, then none of the dirt it is laying on will stick to the clothes. This is a very common method of drying clothes in tropical Asia. I have seen white shirts dried on the ground & lifted off when when dry without a speck of dirt on them.

Swami

08-15-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
This one looked new, but other than a good clean shot of Pastor John, I'm not sure what value it has

08-15-02, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
The aforementioned E! preview shots. I'll post the rest tomorrow, assuming my satellite doesn't crap out tomorrow like it did tonight.

08-15-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
>The aforementioned E! preview shots.
>I'll post the rest tomorrow,
>assuming my satellite doesn't crap
>out tomorrow like it did
>tonight.

Bung, please try and get a couple of shots of the E! clip where they show the below scene, we're still trying to confirm on Polka Dot girl and your E! clips are of incredible quality. Thanks.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-02, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Another Buff?"
I looked at this scene on my VCR several times usuing my pause feature. I am almost convinced that the piece of cloth near the knees of the Polka Dot Girl is a purple buff. There is slight color differences between my VCR (which shows a nice clear purple color) and the vidcap from the early show (which looks a bit more blue). However, it sure looks like a buff to me.

Perhaps some of you other spoilers could review your VCRs and help determine if this is indeed another buff sighting.

08-16-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
Here ya go, SB, best I could do. It was one of those quick zoom in shots, and there was only about a frame or two of Miss Polka Dots (most of it blurry).

08-16-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
Hey ladies -- any chance that the polka dot outfit thing might be something that Penny would have brought along as her luxury iten "pajamas"????

-SB

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I don't think so"
It looks more like a bathing suit to me. And it doesn't look very comfortable for sleeping.

08-16-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
Got the E! clips... (by the way, there is no #12, I just bungled the numbering)

Oh, and much of the narration was a complete waste of time. For what it's worth, this is what MB, Ghandia, Brian & Helen had to say in their parts.

MB: Beyond being a, like, real interesting cast, it's some of the best-looking people we've ever head on the show.

Ghandia: I have no qualms about talkin' to people and tellin' 'em how I feel.

Brian: I will have the biggest teeth. I will be the fastest, swiftest shark, if need be.

Helen: I'm not, ahh, faking out to be somebody I'm not, but some people don't like to be told honestly about things.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
#24 and #25...little orange boat with someone swimming next to it? These are not the boats they came in on. First challenge? Looks like there may be some kind of large green leaves in the front, there, and something cloth in the back. Maybe racing for supplies?

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

08-16-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
Well, if you merge them (and keep in mind the boat is rocking, and the boat has moved slightly inbetween the images, so the merge isn't perfect) you can clearly see the Clay in in the boat, with Ted to the left and what looks like Brian to the right.

Maybe first challenge... maybe it's after they have landed on the beach and have been split into tribes and they are paddling off to their camp? ...that paddle looks like the type we've seen Erin walking around with, so it fits

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-02, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "the blanket photo"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-02 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

I don't think the women are necessarily laying on a blanket in the picture of the three loungers and didn't see it discussed anywhere. Why would they be given blankets? Either they win an RC or that is the big christian flag the pastor brought? A Christian flag design could be anything, but would likely be primarily white.

And no, I don't think the blue polka dot outfit is pjs. Definitely a bikini.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: the blanket photo"
Definitely a bikini.
Agree -- a polka dot bikini. heehee

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: the blanket photo"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-02 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Yep, it's a bikini with the tap pants bottom.

A "Christian" flag is mostly white with a red cross on a blue field in the upper left corner, like this

Hard to tell from that pic.

- Are you a Turtle?

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-20-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: More Preview Vidcaps"
This is not a spoiler - just an observation and question.

Looking at E!16, it appears to be Ted and Clay. I can see Clay should be a little shorter because he's in the background, but with Ted at 6'5" (think I read that somewhere), Clay must be about 5'2"!?

While trying to find his height, found a picture of Vrroom Dog (Ted) on the club website. Unfortunately, the link won't take you directly to the picture, but when you get to the website click on "Meet the Big Dog Riders", then on Vrroom Dog - check out the body builder picture.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124034000/www.bigdogriders.com

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-20-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Division by gender? (again)"
It's been a long time since I've been here so forgive me - I don't know the contestant's names yet. It was suggested in a couple of the other threads that the teams may have gender biases. I notice evidence of this in these vid caps (thanks Bungler for the great job).

The following vid caps show women wearing purple buffs: AFF04, AFF08&09 (if that top is a buff), AFF12,13 &14, ET04,05,07,12 and 17 (from another post in this thread).

The following vid caps show men wearing red buffs: AFF17, AFF19, ET08, E!25 (looks like red to me but I'm looking at it on an old LCD screen so correct me please if I'm wrong).

Scanning quickly, I there don't seem to be any that have men and women in the same shot - other than shots of the entire cast.

There was a theory in the last Survivor (please help me - I forget what it was called and who was the brilliant mastermind behind it!) that had to do with looking at the obvious. The voice over pretty much says that men and women are separated in a new "twist".

Are these observations worth anything or should I go back to lurking for a while?

MeToo

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: two questions"
1. Isn't that Joel from S1 in AFF17. How come MB let him on twice or did Joel just fool MB with a crafty desguise?
2. Although she looks a little deflated, isn't that Sarah from S4 in ET05?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •