The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-15-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

From the CBS preview... (more to come ASAP)

{Announcer} The Survivors are headed for Thailand...

{Announcer} and they're in for a big surprise...

{Jeff Probst}
Ladies on the left, men on the right

{Announcer} ...right from the very beginning.

{Announcer} Who will survive?

{Rob} I'm girl crazy, and if there's an opportunity for me to charm the pants off of somebody, I just might just have to hop on it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 1
 RE: Preview Vidcaps samiam 08-15-02 2
   RE: Preview Vidcaps lroy 08-16-02 6
 Vidcap observations Rain Crow 08-15-02 3
 RE: Preview Vidcaps Bungler 08-16-02 4
   RE: Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 5
       RE: Preview Vidcaps samiam 08-16-02 7
           RE: Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 8
 RE: Preview Vidcaps I_AM_HE 08-29-02 9
 New Promo GTmike 08-30-02 10
   RE: New Promo I_AM_HE 08-30-02 11
       RE: New Promo richfan 08-30-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
Yay, Bungler is back!!!

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
Oh we love Bungler, oh yes we dooooo...

In the vidcaps, notice the two boats together in the background, and no one is wearing their buffs yet, and the boats are being rowed to the same place. So apparently, as of this point, no one is on a particular tribe yet. In the vidcaps where the men/women are separated, a number of them appear to be looking into their bags. Could it be that perhaps, there's something in the bags, stashed there at random by the producers, that determines who is in which tribe? Or, as some have speculated, a token to determine a "team captain" kind of thing, and they get to take turns choosing players?

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
I'm thinking they are looking into their bags to find their buffs and realize they are seperated by sex.

The Anti-Executee Winner & Shameless Self Promoter

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-15-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Vidcap observations"
Hi Bungler! Good to hear from you again and let me be the first to thank you for your vidcap efforts!!!

Here is some observations:

#4 I believe this image contains all the women. Note that two women are without hats and note the color and shapes of the hats themselves. At least 4 are readily identifiable...pink lampshade, camo bush hat, domed white floppy brim, and white tupperware-looking thingy. The other two are generic cowboy-styles. When viewed in conjunction with image #6, the women are on Jiffy's left and the men are on the right. However, in the water and apparently headed for shore, the positions are still the same, but when viewed from the "helmsman" position, the women are now on the right boat and the men on the left boat.

#3 Closeup of boat on the far right of image #2. In it you can see 2 people in front with no hats, second row has pink lampshade, camo, and cowboy hat, third row has tupperware, cowboy, and domed white floppy brim. Conclusion: women are in the right boat and the group is definately split male/female at least as far as the beach.

#6 Photo of the men. Main clue here is the guy in the orange shirt. He is also seen in the "left" boat in image #2. Conclusion: Men are in the boat in the foreground.

No buffs in sight during the beach meeting or the boat ride. Conclusion: buffs are distributed on shore via some unknown scheme by MB and no guarantee that tribes will be male/female at this point.

Hope this stimulates other ideas or observations!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-16-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
{Announcer} Survivor Thailand is coming. Exotic.

{Announcer} Extreme.

{Announcer} And this time we're throwing the castaways a new twist.

{Jeff Probst} Ladies on the left, men on the right.

{Ghandia} We're gonna kick the men's butt.

{Jeff Probst} New rules, new choices, it's an all-new Survivor.

{Announcer} If you think you know how this game is played...

{Announcer} ...think again!

08-16-02, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-02 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

{Ghandia} We're gonna kick the men's butt.

I found her quote and the apparent PURPLE BUFF in her hair to be the only real thing of spoiler value when I saw this commercial.

To me, the buff looks even more purple in your vidcap than in the one that I included in the "Buff" thread this morning.

-SB

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
Now, I'm starting to wonder...maybe they are split by gender for the first day or two, or just until the first challenge (and I think there will be a challenge shortly after their arrival), which would explain Ghandia's remark. And then EPM pulls some of his mindf*ck stuff and splits them again soon after in one of the random, evil ways he likes so much (see: purple rock).

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

08-16-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
There's also the possibility that the tribe assignments *ARE* random, but somehow they end up with an unlikely 1/7 or 2/6 split -- with the result being that the players begin to unoffically view the tribes as the "men" versus the "women"

-SB

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Preview Vidcaps"
I think cap 8 is the most interesting (the one with all the partial faces). I'm wondering if there is any sort of hint to the final 4 or winner in this picture, either by position of the pictures, or position of the face within the pictures?

can we tell who each picture is? These are the ones I'm pretty sure about:
? Erin Clay Ghandia
Helen(?) Jake(?) ? Jed(?)
John Tanya Ken(?) ShiiAnn
? Ted ? ?

Other speculation:
The one after Ted could be Tanya as well
I think Jan is bottom left or after Jake
Brian and Robb would be top left and bottom right (probably in that order) if the guesses on the men in the above grid are correct
That leaves Penny and Stephanie I believe, although their placement is largely dependant on how accurate my other guesses have been. I think I'm at least right on which are males and which are females: it seems to go MFMF, and then reverse every row.

Mouths: 1A (Brian?) 1C (Clay), 2B (Jake), 3D (Shii Ann), 4A (Jan?)
Both eyes: 2C (???), 3A (John), 4B (Ted), 4D (Robb?)
Left eye: 1B (Erin), 1D (Ghandia), 2D (Jed?), 3B (Tanya?), 4C (Tanya look-alike- might be Penny?)
Right eye: 2A (Helen?), 3C (Ken?)

Any other takers on this picture?

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-30-02, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "New Promo"
Hey, I didn't want to start a new thread and I didn't know where to put this but on Wed. night towards the end of the Ms. Teen USA pagent (no comment) there was a new S5 promo. This promo had a picture shot of Jeff sitting at Tribal Council (there was a fire in front of him and the stand that the ballot box goes on when he reads the votes). Also it showed the men walking in and there were a bunch of kids to the left of the screen. Did anyone else catch this? I have the tape of promo, but I don't have a video in card to send the clip to anyone.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-02 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

haven't seen it (not having a tv atm contributes to that ;)) but thanks for posting

that would seem to confirm the theory that the tribes are initially split men vs women. however, this need not be a shot of the first tribal council (although it probably could not be later than the second, or maybe the third)

richfan 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-30-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail richfan Click to send private message to richfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Promo"

{Jeff Probst} New rules, new choices, it's an all-new Survivor

I think that this is the most interesting part to the whole preview. What is meant by new choices - could the first tribal council be to choose teams, or to choose two "team Captains" who then choose their teams?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •