The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alison did not "play the best game""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dann 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-20-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dann Click to send private message to Dann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alison did not "play the best game""
I'm sick of hearing that Ali "played the best game". She played a great 2nd place game, but she played poorly if she wants to win 1st place. A major part of BB is to make it to the finals without back-stabbing or making enemies out of the jury memebers. The point of the jury is to hold the finalists accountable for the way they played the game...otherwise they would determine the winner by having one last competition between Jun and Ali, then whoever won that would have "played the best game". But Ali pissed off everyone she is now relying on...that is not smart game playing. If I was on trial, it would not be "good game playing" to piss off the jury.

The only way Ali might win is if the jury members adopt this stupid "played the best game" theory and, after spending weeks in that luxuroius jury house, forget that part of their job is to judge the finalists on how they behaved.

To avoid this kind of mentality by the jury, the future BB shows should have the jury members vote the minute they get evicted by assigning points to whoever is still left in the house at that time. That way, the longer you stay in the house, the better chance you have of getting points, but if you treated people like crap, then you might not get any points even if you make it to the finals. This would create a better balance of forming alliances and being well liked and sneaky, instead of creating a situation where 2 horrible people make it to the finals where the jury has no choice but to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alison did not "play the best g... chickie 09-20-03 1
   RE: Alison did not "play the best g... Loree 09-21-03 2
       RE: Alison did not "play the best g... nailbone 09-25-03 6
 RE: Alison did not "play the best g... nailbone 09-23-03 3
   RE: Alison did not "play the best g... EvelynisObsessed 09-23-03 4
 RE: Alison did not "play the best g... managerr 09-24-03 5
   RE: Alison did not "play the best g... nailbone 09-25-03 7
 RE: Alison did not "play the best g... bob392 09-25-03 8
   RE: Alison did not "play the best g... nailbone 09-25-03 10
       RE: Alison did not "play the best g... bob392 09-26-03 11
 RE: Alison did not "play the best g... munson 09-25-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chickie 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-20-03, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chickie Click to send private message to chickie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
the problem with letting the jury vote immediately is that they don't get to find out the whole story. they should be allowed to question the final two house guests and other jury members should inform them of things that went on.

i agree that ali didn't play the best game to win....and i think she knows that. but really, if you think back to when dana was trying to kick her out i never would have guessed in a million years that ali would still be here. she's played the best game in the sense that she should have been gone a LONG time ago. i've got to give her credit for that.

at least everyone in the country that watches the show will know what a scumbag she is and i hope she'll get a rude awakening to the real world when she leaves the house. the same for jun.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-03, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
Alison was able to save herself everytime she had to. That is alot about winning this game. If you are too likeable people want you out because you are competition. And Alison was smart enough to take Jun with her to the end. Jun also has enemies on the jury. Alison would not have been smart if she had taken someone better liked. But she has a very good chance of winning this.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
If you
>are too likeable people want
>you out because you are
>competition. And Alison was
>smart enough to take Jun
>with her to the end.
> Jun also has enemies
>on the jury. Alison
>would not have been smart
>if she had taken someone
>better liked.

And that point right there is why future shows like Survivor and Big Brother and other "voting someone off" reality shows will feature the a$$holes. Nice, friendly people are seen as threats, so they get eliminated.

Colby of Survivor stuck with his alliance and took Tina with him to the finals, instead of Keith who was more disliked. And he's been crucified for it.

That was the beginning. BB4 is the culmination of that. All of the decent people were evicted, leaving the scum to win and take second place.

And sadly, I don't see it getting any better.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

09-23-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""

>
>The only way Ali might win
>is if the jury members
>adopt this stupid "played the
>best game" theory

But how do you determine that Alison "played the best game"? Both got to the Final 2, using different strategies. And Jun didn't have to be rescued with the veto when she was nominated, and was never in serious danger of being evicted.

Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

EvelynisObsessed 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-23-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EvelynisObsessed Click to send private message to EvelynisObsessed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
But how do you determine that Alison "played the best game"? Both got to the Final 2, using different strategies. And Jun didn't have to be rescued with the veto when she was nominated, and was never in serious danger of being evicted.

Excellent comment. I hope Jun wins, I'm thinking she won't, but I have my hopes.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-24-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
">The only way Ali might win
>is if the jury members
>adopt this stupid "played the
>best game" theory "

Honestly, that's the thing about the end that most people don't get (and why many reality contestants who get onto these shows lose). There is no right way to play the game or judge how to choose the winner. They assume that everyone has the same criteria as what makes a good "winner" as they do. (Or that their criteria is clearly the best) But that's not the case. Your job is to evaluate what criteria your fellow contestants are going to use to pick a winner and then do your best in order to fit that criteria while booting them out. (Hint: Most players also value the way they played--a person who plays with "integrity" will vote with the player who they believed was the most trustworthy, a schemer will often vote for the best schemer, etc.)

Both Ali and Jun were good players, imho because they did this. The fact that the board thinks the vote is going to be fairly close shows that they both did the best they could according to the criteria given. If even the audience can see a landslide vote coming (Like we did in BB2 and BB3), then you made a mistake somewhere along the way. As much as I personally don't like it, most reality shows where voting is involved are going to come down to: A.)The lesser of two evils. Or B.)One really good player who has it in the bag and the one person who he dragged along and is going to get blasted in the finals.

Survivor 2 is really the exception to the rule where both people who made it to the end were well liked by the jury--and the one person who had the choice to take the unlikeable player didn't take it.

09-25-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""

>
>Survivor 2 is really the exception
>to the rule where both
>people who made it to
>the end were well liked
>by the jury--and the one
>person who had the choice
>to take the unlikeable player
>didn't take it.

And as I said above, he was slammed for doing that. And this is what we have as a result.

bob392 4 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob392 Click to send private message to bob392 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
Does anyone know for sure whether the jury saw diary room sessions?? The way they talked on the finale, it sure seems that way. If they did, I disagree with the policy. Diary sessions should be kept from jury till after they vote. If not, houseguests would be crazy to say the things they say.

As far as whether Alison played best, I wholeheartedly say NO! How can someone who thinks she is so intelligent, play the game without thinking she is alienating the people she needs, to win the game. Dumb strategy if you ask me. The part I can't understand is why everyone places so much importance on honesty and loyalty. It is a game and you need to do something besides just existing to win. I do believe the should be able to be sly and calculating but not personally nasty.

09-25-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
The jury did see the diary room sessions, and the rest of the stuff that we saw, but only AFTER they'd cast their votes. That's why so many "I'm disappointed" comments.

bob392 4 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob392 Click to send private message to bob392 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
Thanks. Had my sequence mixed up.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alison did not "play the best game""
I've posted this same thought a couple of times over the past few weeks but there are those who still insist that Ali played the best game. I don't understand it and never will.

She played a $50,000 game and got what she deserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •