The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Photo Essay background"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lost Soul 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Soul Click to send private message to Lost%20Soul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Photo Essay background"
All right, last post for today. I'm not *that* desperate for attention.

On the CBS site

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml

there is a "photo essay" in which all the Survivors are introduced. There is one small detail which caught my attention. While 15 of the Survivors have a "normal" photo, with assorted jungle background, Erin's photo only has a white background.

This could be either:

a) a clue that Erin wins it all (yeah right. Burnett giving clues to spoilers!?! )

b) an indication that she is eliminated early (basically preventing the production cast to get a decent shot at her face and forcing them to take a photo in a studio). After all, in S2's credit they had to use a few photographs instead of video footage for this reason (Kel springs to mind)

c) a red herring for people who have too much time on their hands and a need for attention (if it is, it worked )

Thoughts?

Lost Soul

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Photo Essay background ejm92 08-15-02 1
   RE: Photo Essay background diamond 08-15-02 2
       RE: Photo Essay background SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 4
 RE: Photo Essay background infinitesurvivor 08-15-02 3
   RE: Photo Essay background Hylia 08-16-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Photo Essay background"
I originally thought that it might be a clue, but after looking at other cast pics, she was just laying on the beach in her pic, and the sand is really light colored:

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-15-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Photo Essay background"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

...and, if you look at the larger versions of the other pictures (which are pre-game publicity shots, presumably), many of the others were taken on the beach as well, but the sand wasn't visible near their faces, so it doesn't appear in the cropped headshots.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s5-photogallery.html

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Photo Essay background"
Ya, they do these photos every season -- I believe that normally they are taken in an area somewhere near the local hotel that they stay in before the game starts.

-SB

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-15-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Photo Essay background"
Also, there are 3 of 16 players, whos' blow up photo (when you click on the thumbnail) is not the same as the thumbnail photo, at the cbs.com site. (Penny-Jan-Clay). It also probably means nothing, you never know, and I'm bored.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/survivors/bios/penny.shtml

Hylia 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-02, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hylia Click to send private message to Hylia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Photo Essay background"
Looking closer, I'd say that these three players' photos aren't really different, when you click on the thumbnails. Rather, they are reversed (yes, I'm bored, too). Furthermore, comparing these photos to the "photo essay" photos on the CBS site, nine of them are different photos altogether. Ghandia, Helen, Shii Ann, Stephanie, Clay, Jake and Ted all have the same photo used on both this bio page and the photo essay page. And some of these have been reversed. All in all, great fun for us analyzers, but whether or not there is any significance? We may never know. But at least I'm not bored anymore...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •