The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lost Soul 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Soul Click to send private message to Lost%20Soul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
First off:

Hello everyone. I've been reading this board since the Outback, but never got the motivation to post before. But in a desperate bid for attention, I will now begin posting. It's customary for newbies to excuse themselves in advance and beg not to be flamed for future mistakes, but because of my charming personnality I think this is unnecessary

Anyway... back to my first spoiler. There's been some talk that maybe the Survivors would swim to the island. However, on this vidcap:

someone, (Erin?) is clearly holding an oar, and apparently uses it to dig an hole or trench. Assuming The Evil One doesn't have a "dig ditch with oar" challenge, this means that the Survivors will go to the island by some sort of boat or raft.

So, vidcap:

either shows someone swimming alongside the raft or boat when they go to the island, or it was shot during a challenge. It would make sense as the production crew would probably cram as many water challenge at the beginning, since the later part of the game occurs during the monsoon season, and it would be both boring to see Survivors get wetter than they were before, and also more dangerous (swimming during thunderstorms is risky at best).

Any thoughts?

Lost Soul

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming... SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 1
   RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming... ejm92 08-15-02 2
 RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming... smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 3
   RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming... weltek 08-15-02 5
       RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming... dabo 08-16-02 8
 IF they swim..... PagongRatEater 08-15-02 4
   RE: IF they swim..... Survivorerist 08-16-02 7
 Boats to island Bebo 08-16-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
Another poor lost soul desperate for attention...

>So, vidcap:
>
>
>
>either shows someone swimming alongside the raft or boat when they
>go to the island, or it was shot during a
>challenge. It would make sense as the production crew would
>probably cram as many water challenge at the beginning, since

I think this is clearly Helen -- and she is a swimming instructor, so it makes sense that if someone has to swim along side an overloaded raft or boat -- she'd be a good choice (especially if it's men vs women and therefore some of the stronger women are forced off the boat.)

>since the later part of the game occurs during the monsoon
>season, and it would be both boring to see Survivors get wetter
>than they were before, and also more dangerous (swimming during
>thunderstorms is risky at best).

I agree with this, but the thing to remember is that from what I understand monsoon season is marked by RAPID, HEAVY rains -- it might rain buckets for two hours, but then it quickly clears, so maybe it isn't as much a challenge factor as we might think.

-SB

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Yes, that pic is definately of Helen, and I can tell that the one above with the oar is definately Erin, b/c of the top she has on, it's the same as in her pics.

I'm expecting a lot of water challenges, since Probst talked about brand new challenges....and they really haven't utilized the water that well since the first Survivor. Maybe they'll pull a page out of the Mole 2 book and have a "Who can tread water the longest" challenge or something. They'll proboably open the show up with a rowing challenge, though.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-15-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
Jeff DID say that the game starts in a whole new way, and when asked on the 13th about being delivered by boat he said "it's deeper than that" That could possibly mean they had to swim to shore......Every other survivor has had them dropped off fairly close to the location either by boat, bus or plane. The other obvious assumption, would be a water challenge or combo of water/land challenge to determine teams? What do you all think?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

nah, I think the drop off will be the same as always, but when JP said "it's deeper than that" I think he was alluding to the change is deeper than just how the survivors are dropped off. There's really no way to say the teams are formed differently than sayimg something of that sort. I would look for the same drop off, then a shocker of team picking.

They could get a small raft to put their supplies on and the majority of the team may have to swim. Or the swimming pics could be of them getting close to the island.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Swim to the Island, or Swimming Challenge?"
Or maybe the tribes are imprisoned in the two former prisons, and have to escape en masse before being allowed to go to their camps! Oh, wait, that's another show already.

Actually, I think Probst might be refering to the start of the program being in the fishing village before the teams are selected.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "IF they swim....."
If they do have the survivors swim to the island then they would HAVE TO have supplies already waiting for them on the island - including a canoe/boat and oars for fishing etc. So the existence of the oar does not preclude them still having to swim for it.

Just a thought.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-16-02, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: IF they swim....."
Or maybe we'll see an episode 1 reward challenge for basic supplies? I remember in one of the international Moles they had a challenge where crates with supplies would be dropped into a flowing river and the players had to jump in and grab them to win supplies. It could be something like that with the two tribes competing for supplies?

Far fetched theory I know, but I'm still kinda new at this spoiling and speculation thing

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

Sir's Mole Record
Was the Mole: 0 times
Nailed the Mole: 2 times

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Boats to island"
There was a commercial during BB3 last night that showed the contestants being transported by boat (rather ornate ones, too) to the island.

* hangs her head in shame for actually watching BB3 last night *

all evil is seductive and Ms. Bebo is most certaintly the most evil of them all !!!!! -katem

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •