The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Pastor John Raymond, 40, Slidell, LA

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond weltek 08-15-02 1
   RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond bubsy 08-15-02 2
       RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond wendyp 08-20-02 3
           RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond PackMan 08-20-02 4
               RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond wendyp 08-21-02 5
 RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond PepeLePew13 08-29-02 6
 RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond MattyMax 08-30-02 7
   RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond PepeLePew13 08-30-02 8
       RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond erikman 08-30-02 9
           RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond survivormitsx 08-30-02 10
       RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond MattyMax 08-31-02 12
           RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond survivormitsx 08-31-02 13
           RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond Silvergirl1 09-01-02 14
 Luxury item - Christian Flag infinitesurvivor 08-30-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

Christian flag is his luxury item. Hope it's a whopper like Colby's Texas one. Yeah, yeah, he's married.

Born and raised in New Orleans, John Raymond attended high school in Springfield, Louisiana. Moving to Illinois, he received a Bachelor of Theology from Oregon Bible College (majoring in Counseling and Pastoral Ministry). He simultaneously received an Associate degree of Liberal Arts from Rock Valley Junior College, where he was on the college speech team.

John is currently the Executive Pastor at a church of 2,700 members. He leads the pastoral counseling department, runs the adult education program and has developed a network of 50 small relationship groups. He previously worked as a financial planner for 12 years (regional vice president with his company and a top salesman), working his way through college as a carpenter and shipbuilder.

John enjoys scuba diving, spear fishing, deer hunting (gun and bow and arrow), playing guitar and writing country songs. He's been to 39 of the United States, Jamaica, Mexico, Canada and mission trips to the jungles of the Mosquito Coast in Honduras and Nicaragua. He is most proud of completing the Los Angeles Marathon after only three months of training. He is also proud of recently transforming his body in only twelve weeks through the Body-For-Life challenge. In his spare time, he coaches his children in little league basketball.

John currently lives in Slidell, Louisiana, with his wife, Elizabeth, whom he considers to be his hero. They have three children, John (12), Monica (10) and Benjamin (2), along with two cats, Panda and Fluffy. He is the founder and President of the Adult Chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in his county and a member of Promise Keepers and the Nashville Songwriters Association International. His birth date is February 21, 1962.

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-15-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubsy Click to send private message to bubsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
got this, from here: http://theharvest.info/aboutus/pastors.html

John graduated from high school in 1980 with his friend and classmate Doug McAllister. He then received his B.A. in Theology with a major in Pastoral Ministry. Having developed the L.I.F.E. Group ministry and the We Build People Leadership Training Program for The Harvest, John now serves as Executive Pastor providing spiritual counseling and leadership where necessary as well as preaching on occasion in the absence of Pastor Doug.

Pastor John is currently undertaking the monumental task of putting the story of The Harvest into book form including our unique methods of church growth and philosophy of ministry. As a seminar instructor in church growth seminars, John travels with Pastor Doug conducting church growth conferences across the country.

Traveling regularly to Central America for missions work is a favorite ministry focus for John as well. John is currently leading the planting and building of a new church and medical clinic in Nicaragua as well as supporting an orphanage in Honduras.

John and his wife Liz have been married for sixteen years and have three children; John Derek - 12, Monica - 10, & Benjamin - 18 months.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-20-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
This came off the ezboard ~ The Alliance board.

You can visit the churchs website for Pastor John Raymond at theharvest.info <http://theharvest.info>; . Later today there will be video clips and pictures available and there is already a message board that Pastor John actually reads!

Thought you all may be interested.

They now have a message board where you can post. I am going to register, you never know. He may read the messages, but I am sure he will not post any secret messages.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-20-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
Your link doesn't work because of the final ">". Try this one instead:

http://theharvest.info/

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-02, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
Thanks for the help! Forget to double check when posting the link!

08-29-02, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
This guy doesn't seem like a wallflower at all and, who knows, he could really connect well with the other contestants in this game. I found some pics of him chasing alligators and of him being in a Christian band.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-02, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
I think John is going to be the first to go because the only pictures I've seen him in are with this shirt:

And that's how we knew peter would be out first.

MattyMax

08-30-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
Well, for what it's worth, I don't think we saw Pappy wearing anything except a blue T-shirt his entire time except for a long-sleeeved one towards the end.

I also notice that there's numerous shirt-less pics of John so it may be just that he prefers one shirt more than any of the others he's got in supply.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-30-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
i see gdiva (ghaundia) or shii ann going 1st. thehe not going to boot john before them. were not even going to talk about rob or erin

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"

So your saying that one of the two MINORITIES will be the first ones booted of the island?If MB DOESN'T have a say in it, then sure, of course they will...

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-31-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
I don't know. John doesn't look 'unkempt' in any of his photos. There is only one photo of him without his shirt on, and he's as smooth as a baby, and the rest he's wearing that same godawful shirt. In this shot, he's wearing that necklace that he was wearing before, maybe he never takes it off, but I have a feeling it's a shot of him washing and he took off that ugly shirt.

The other shirt we know he has is that Yellow one from the first press photos. I'm pretty sure the clothes in the press photos are brought into the game with them.

John has not been featured in any promos, maybe because they don't have much material.

I'm guessing that John is on the red tribe from Fester's fabulous 'Debunking the All Male/Female Tribe" analysis. I could see him going early in the tribe if the women stick together (a la Ghandia's 'we're gonna kick the men's butt' comment) and Clay makes himself useful. There are shots of Clay with beard growth, too. It seems that RED is the weaker physically tribe, and the first challenge is usually physical. Purple has all that muscle of Ken, Jed, Robb and Stephanie.

Blah, in conclusion, My pick for the first boot is JOHN.

MattyMax

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"

Mattymax- I DO agree that John is a very likley early boot, but i have a few things to add...
First, i thought i heard of something where John has had a promo? Maybe im just mistaken. Oh well
Where'd you get those Extra Vidcaps? I wanna see!
Other reasons pointing to John's boot is how much talking he's doing...especially bringing his red buff into his church, and talking about "the great experience" blah blah blah. Someone DID report that he came back looking just like he usually did. Sure, there was time to put back on the weight, but i find it funny how there is absolutley nothing that makes him look like hes suffered just a little bit.
And about the Red tribe being the weakest, i think we're underestimating them.A majority of posters thought Rotu would suck because of their older members, but they truly rocked in most. And not all challenges are physical, remember that. And Jeffy has been shown saying that the challenges are ALL NEW so im sure we can expect something WAY different than a QUEST FOR FIRE CHALLENGE. Phew. Im tired.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-02, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Contestant #12 -- John Raymond"
This man sounds like a braggart and could be very annoying. I agree that he could be booted early on.

John lists "self help books" as his favorite books. I used to work with a man who was religious and had a lot of self help books (his room mate told me) and he was quite annoying. He always said that he was doing "Fanatastic", but it was easy to see that he wasn't.

Come on in, the water's fine!

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-30-02, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Luxury item - Christian Flag"
http://montney.com/flag/facts.htm

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •