The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Jake Billingsly, 60, land broker, Mckinney, TX

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... weltek 08-15-02 1
   RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 3
 RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... Draco Malfoy 08-15-02 2
   RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... Lost Soul 08-15-02 4
 RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... Rebel Crown 08-18-02 5
 RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsl... nrtn 08-20-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

He is listed at 61 on the official CBS site. Maybe he had a birthday while over there or when he got back (ooooh, just saw his birthdate on his bio so yeah, his bday is next week)...His luxury item is a journal & pen.

Born in Tyler, Texas, and raised in Texarkana, Texas, Jake Billingsley received a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Husbandry from Texas A & M University in College Station, Texas. He began his career as Assistant County Agricultural Agent back in Tyler. While there, he accepted a job as Agricultural Consultant for a Texas-based utilities company and worked his way up to Assistant Vice President. He eventually left the utilities business to pursue real estate. He worked for various firms in capacities ranging from Associate to Senior Vice President before deciding to open his own company specializing in commercial real estate.

Jake is currently a land broker, and has been active in commercial real estate in the Dallas area for over 30 years. In 1995, he moved to Colorado and became the President and General Manager of an outdoor adventure company that provided hunting, fishing and horseback riding trips through remote regions of the San Juan Mountains (a business he took over after his son-in-law was tragically killed in a plane crash). He enjoys videography/photography, backpacking, camping, hunting and writing. His perfect day would be on a boat in the Virgin Islands with his wife, Jeni.

Jake and his wife currently reside in McKinney, Texas. He has a 37-year-old daughter, Jamie Carlson, and a 35 year-old son Jay, as well as three stepsons, Donnie (40), Mark (39) and Michael (37), and nine grandchildren (six boys and three girls). His birth date is August 21, 1941.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
If might jsut be me, but this guy looks like one tough old bird -- maybe a slightly more refined Rudy.

-SB

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
This is a couple years ago I think, but you can find a Jake Billingsley from McKinney in the 55-59 years old category. Apparently he's a triathlete.

http://www.runningnetworkarchives.com/runnertriathletenews/results/usts_dallas.htm

He's listed somewhere towards the bottom. I don't know how much use this is for spoiling, but maybe it'll give us some idea how he would do in challenges.

The Artist Formerly Known As DarkLotus
Daddy, there's a monster outside my room. Can I have a glass of water?

Lost Soul 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Soul Click to send private message to Lost%20Soul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
If he's a triathlete, look for him to be a serious contender in anything endurance related (except possibly stand-in-the-sun challenges, where his age will hurt him a lot more). Certainly one of the top-notch swimmer (a full Ironman triathlon, the most "known" kind, starts with a mile-long swim), and probably a decent runner.

Probably the best "third age" contestant to have on the team, but my best guess is that he won't Colby-ze through the individual ICs because his age will penalize him in pure strength and other non-endurance related physical contests. I expect him to win a couple of individual ICs (if he makes it this far) and then get voted out because he became a threat and lost one IC.

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-18-02, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
I really don't have any spoiler material here, but I want to add my .02 cents and this looks like the best place for it.

I have a friend who has not watched any reality TV but has called every winner except Tina (he picked Colby) by the group photo. He also said Dorothy would win The Mole when I showed him the "Who is the mole?" final 4 scene. (I actually had put Dorothy and Bill in my final pick in the "Anti-executed" game, but changed it for some stupid reason.)

I showed him this year's picture and he picks........"the old guy". So, I'm sticking with Jake until he's gone!

nrtn 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-02, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nrtn Click to send private message to nrtn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Contestant #1 -- Jake Billingsly"
I have not ever personally "met" him, but he lives in my neighborhood.

www.courier-gazette.com/front1.shtml

McKinney man competes in new 'Survivor'

By JENNIFER MILLER
McKinney Courier-Gazette
-
McKinney has its own soon-to-be television star.
Independent land broker and McKinney resident Jake Billingsley participated in the most recent grand-daddy of network TV reality shows, CBS’s “Survivor.”
This time, 16 castaways attempt to outwit, outplay and outlast each other while stranded on Koh Tarutao, an island off the southern coast of Thailand, during the region’s monsoon season. “Survivor: Thailand” will premiere at 8 p.m. Sept. 19 on CBS.
The oldest participant in this “Survivor” (he turns 61 Wednesday), Billingsley is the embodiment of adventure and survivalism, say friends and family.
Billingsley is Texas born, bred and educated. He was born in Tyler, raised in Texarkana and earned his bachelor’s degree in Animal Husbandry from Texas A&M University in College Station.
He lives in the Stonebridge area with his wife, Jeni, who said she has always felt “Survivor” was made for Jake.
“I thought this is exactly what he could be doing,” Jeni said.
Jeni’s stories about her husband show evidence that his love of the outdoors and his love of his children, daughter Jamie Carlson and son Jay Billingsley, go hand in hand.
About 15 days after Jake and Jeni had married and moved to McKinney in 1995, Jake’s son-in-law in Colorado was killed in a plane crash. In response to the tragedy, they moved to Colorado for two years to be with Jamie, where Jake operated a trail outfitting business in the San Juan Mountains.
Carlson, who is now remarried and the mother of newborn twins, said growing up with Jake meant a lot of camping and boating as a family.
“It was so much fun,” Carlson said. “He’s still a hands-on dad. He is still always right there for my brother and me. He was really involved in everything we ever did.”
Jake works hard, plays hard and exhibits a creative and free spirit, according to Jay.
“Persistence pays off — he always taught me and my sister that,” Jay said.
There’s no doubting the fact Jake is persistent, as he has applied to be on the show two previous times.
“He dreams big, and he seems to make things happen,” Jeni said. “My grandkids think Papa Jake can do anything.”
Due to the secret nature of the show, Jake will not be available for interviews until the episode airs in which he either leaves or is the winner.
Friend and lawyer Gary Rice has known Jake for 25 years and said, “Jake can do just about anything Jake wants to do.”
Rice also said he was impressed that there are so many Texans on “Survivor: Thailand.” Six of the participants either live in or were born in Texas. They include Jed Hildebrand, a dental student and a Plano High School graduate, and Plano native Penny Ramsey, a pharmaceutical sales person.
“Texans tend to be individualists more than in any other part of the country,” Rice said.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •