The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
On the CBS home page:

I blew up and numbered a copy:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Two Comments sleeeve 08-13-02 1
   RE: Two Comments DiamondK 08-13-02 2
       RE: Two Comments samiam 08-13-02 4
 RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... samiam 08-13-02 3
 RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... PepeLePew13 08-13-02 5
   RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... erikman 08-13-02 6
   RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... SurvivorBlows 08-14-02 7
   RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... SurvivorBlows 08-14-02 8
       RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... erikman 08-14-02 9
 RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... Kokoro 08-14-02 10
   RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... ivoryElephant 08-14-02 11
       NO "obvious 1st out" weltek 08-14-02 12
           Tanya... bondt007 08-14-02 13
       RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... Swami 08-14-02 14
           RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on C... Kokoro 08-15-02 32
 Where is Carey? JeffGator 08-14-02 15
   RE: Where is Carey? SurvivorBlows 08-14-02 16
       RE: Where is Carey? ivoryElephant 08-14-02 17
           RE: Where is Carey? SurvivorBlows 08-14-02 18
               RE: Where is Carey? ejm92 08-15-02 19
                   RE: Where is Carey? survivor_23 08-15-02 20
                       RE: Where is Carey? ivoryElephant 08-15-02 21
                           RE: Where is Carey? SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 22
                               RE: Where is Carey? survivor_23 08-15-02 23
                                   RE: Where is Carey? ivoryElephant 08-15-02 24
                           What era are we in? Asrai 08-15-02 25
                               RE: What era are we in? ivoryElephant 08-15-02 26
                                   RE: What era are we in? Kokoro 08-15-02 28
 initial thoughts GTmike 08-15-02 27
   The names and places from where the... ivoryElephant 08-15-02 29
       I'm Guessing, but.... Kokoro 08-15-02 30
 Tribal Breakdown Kokoro 08-15-02 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-13-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Two Comments"
First of all... for the first time ever, it seems that this isn't taken immediately after the first challenge (in the past, hte official cast photo was taken after the first challenge, since the contestants are not allowed to communicate until that point).

Secondly, there are NO TRIBAL BUFFS... I know that a lot of people have been speculating that the new twist will have something to do with how the tribes are chosen, and the way that this cast photo is taken, I'd assume the same thing.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

DiamondK 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DiamondK Click to send private message to DiamondK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two Comments"
There have been photos in past seasons from before the game actually started (and hence, no buffs):

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Two Comments"
Just looking quickly at that last one, several *are* wearing their buffs. But good call on the other two, DiamondK.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-02, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-02 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

More Wonder Bread, anyone? Geez. THIS is their idea of a diverse cast?

Edit: Sorry, the Basher in me took over momentarily. Won't happen again. I'm just tanned, rested, and ready for this one. *Grin*

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-02, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
Maybe it's just my mind playing with me, but I "see" Gabriel in #11, Jenna in #14 and Silas in #16.

At first glance at the skin colours, there appears to be just one African-American in this cast (#11), which would distiguish it from the first four shows.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-13-02, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
yeah and #3 has the same shirt and hat as frank. do we have frank 2? yeah when i first saw #16 i said oh no not another silas. i bet he's a bartender from LA

08-14-02, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
>At first glance at the skin
>colours, there appears to be
>just one African-American in this
>cast (#11), which would distiguish
>it from the first four
>shows.

I kinda noticed the same thing. I'm thinking that maybe, since a black woman won the most recent version, they either:

A) didn't feel as much of an obligation to cast the "one black male, one black female" quota

B) much like after Tina won Survivor 2, they might have had concerns about casting another black woman (I remember reading about concerns about having another "middle aged southern mom" when they casy Teresa in S3.)

C) maybe they decided to cast a black male, but figured with Veee's win, they could use the slot to cast the apparent Asian-American that SurvivorNews seems to be alluding to

-SB

08-14-02, 00:15 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
>At first glance at the skin
>colours, there appears to be
>just one African-American in this
>cast (#11), which would distiguish
>it from the first four
>shows.

I think #4 is also a possiblity, who knows, maybe this will be the season where they cast an OLDER African-American.

-SB

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-14-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
survivor feavor has a better pic. at most african #11 but he even looks white

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-14-02, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
Looks like guys are 3-6, 8, 9, 11, 16
Girls are 1, 2, 7, 10, 12-15

Does this look like a much younger cast to anyone else? At least to me it looks like 5-7, possibly 10, and 12-16 are all most likely in the 20-30 group....

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-14-02, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
Here is a better pic

#11 is white

"I call you up in the middle of the night, like a firefly without a light. You were there like a blowtorch burning, I was a key that needed a little turning"

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "NO "obvious 1st out""
There doesn't appear to be an unatheletic, bigger or older person to be the first out just looking at body appearances. No Sonjia, Diane, or Patricia (yeah, I know she wasn't first out). In S2 there weren't as many "gimme" type bodies. Rodger was our old guy and Marylin was our old woman, but they both proved themselves to be fairly in shape.

So yes, it does look to be a much younger cast, and the older folks look to be in decent shape. That's good news in my book.
Not so good for spoiling purposes though.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-14-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Tanya..."
If Tanya is indeed a cast member, I guess my vote might be number 13, with her hair pulled back - -

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
They have the usual odd assortment of bags in the photo. Number 5 appears to have a My Little Pony figure in her wicker-type basket. I must be going blind; that's a very odd luxury item!

I mark 8 for a possible Asian woman.

Swami

08-15-02, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Blacked out S5 group photo on CBS.com"
And check the skateboard the kid in black brought - no idea where he's gonna use that on the beach, though ^-^;;

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-14-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Where is Carey?"
I agree that Tonya could perhaps pass for #13, but where the heck is Carey?

The only one I could see being her is #6

08-14-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Where is Carey?"
>I agree that Tonya could perhaps
>pass for #13, but where
>the heck is Carey?

Well, if you read SurvivorNews.net's article about a women being suspended right before filming started, that might fit well with the kinda unusually insistent claims from Carey's dad and family that she wasn't on the show.

...of course given the fact that as far as I know, no one actually managed to report actually seeing her during the filming period -- who knows.

-SB

08-14-02, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Where is Carey?"
Maybe they should have just left the black dots on their faces

"I call you up in the middle of the night, like a firefly without a light. You were there like a blowtorch burning, I was a key that needed a little turning"

08-14-02, 11:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Where is Carey?"
Oh come on, they aren't that bad, here's a blowup. Btw, I was right, #4 was the African-American male (guess since Vee won the last edition, the "minority female" slot has now passed on to Asian women?)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-02, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Where is Carey?"
I'm a bit confused.....are you guys sure this isn't the all-star edition??? Because I can sure point out Silas, Kim P., Jenna, Rob Mariano, Hunter, Big Tom, Clarence, and maybe even Frank.

survivor_23 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_23 Click to send private message to survivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Where is Carey?"
There is a better picture at survivorfever. Thanks ivoryElephant and SurvivorBlows for the pictures. I didn't see it on the board but it looks like the silas "look alike" is sitting on a skateboard.... mabye a luxury item??

08-15-02, 00:23 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Where is Carey?"
Hey, welcome to the boards!
Here is a better pic

08-15-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Where is Carey?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 00:37 AM (EST)

That still looks like Carey's face to me in the bottom left black shirt.

And notice the African American woman in the top left?!?!? ...apparently we did get the Asian woman, but we also kept the classic "Noah's Ark" male/female African American pair that we've had in every edition to date.

The guy in the pale yelllow looks to be the geezer of the crew, although the woman directly behind him might be older is well, it's difficult to tell. And of course the guy with the grey goatee would seem to be mid-40's -- other than that it looks to be mostly the usual 20-somethings. Anyone want to take a stab at the average age?

-SB

survivor_23 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_23 Click to send private message to survivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Where is Carey?"
the woman behind the guy in the pale yellow looks like tonya vance to me... i could be seeing things though

08-15-02, 01:02 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Where is Carey?"
Middle row far left is Tanya Vance I think.
Survivornews.net reported that Carey wasn't a contestant afterall

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "What era are we in?"
Is it me, or does the guy in the lower right corner look like a cro-mag?! What a creepy looking guy!

The first pic of the season never does any of the players any justice. My first impression: fave guys - Grey goatee (I love an older man!), and the buff guy in the black muscle shirt. fave girl - black lady, and the blonde with the purple bag in the middle of the pic.

The players are either decent looking/physically fit or pretty damn goomba looking! Heehee! Can't wait for the show!

08-15-02, 01:46 AM (EST)
26. "RE: What era are we in?"
cast pics from surviiivor.com
I was gonna take credit but that would just be wrong

08-15-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
28. "RE: What era are we in?"
Look - it's ~hardcore~ Silas and Sarah!

And here's slightly older Jenna!

And much ~much~ older Kim P. (note the hair ;)

Meet Neleh's much better looking, slightly bigger eared older sister:

Hi, Roddy! ^-^

On another note - could those black and white things some of them have on be the buffs?

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "initial thoughts"
My first initial thoughts on this group is that overall it is not a really good looking group. Maybe there are some great personalities in this group or we will have some really good drama but there isn't much eye candy here (in terms of ladies). Maybe this photo is just really bad. We'll see how Jeff handles the cast in the morning.

The girl in the pig tails and the hat and the blue tanktop/bathing suit (#15) looks to be the Colleen/Elisabeth/Kim P./Neleh of the group. Can't wait to get the info.

----GTmike

08-15-02, 01:58 AM (EST)
29. "The names and places from where they came"
Jake Billingsly, a 60 year-old land broker from Mckinney, Texas; Erin Collins, a 30 year-old real estate agent from Austin, Texas; Stephanie Dill, 29 and a firefighter from Fayetteville, Ark.; Jan Gentry, a 53 year-old teacher from Tampa Bay, Fla.; Helen Glover, 47, a Navy swim instructor from Middletown, R.I.; Brian Heidik, 34, a used car salesman from Quartz, Calif.; Jed Hildebrand, 25 and a dental student from Dallas, Texas; and Shi Ann Huang, a 28 year-old executive recruiter from New York City.

Also, Ghandia Johnson, 33, a legal secretary from Denver, Colo.; Clay Jordan from Monroe, La., a 46-year-old restaurant owner; Penny Ramsey, a 27-year-old pharmacuetical salesperson who lives in Plano, Texas; Pastor John Raymond, 40 of Slidell, La.; Ted Rogers Jr., 37 and a software design manager from Durham, N. C.; Ken Stafford, a 30 year-old police officer from Brooklyn, N.Y.; Tanya Vance, 27, a social worker from Kingsport, Tenn., and Robb Zbacnik, a 23 year-old bartender from Scottsdale, Ariz.

08-15-02, 02:29 AM (EST)
30. "I'm Guessing, but...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 04:26 AM (EST)

Jake Billingsly, a 60 year-old land broker from Mckinney, Texas

Erin Collins, a 30 year-old real estate agent from Austin,
Texas;

Not too sure here....she could be the firefighter but I think the one I picked below looks more firefighterish than she does.

Stephanie Dill, 29 and a firefighter from Fayetteville, Ark.;

Jan Gentry, a 53 year-old teacher from Tampa Bay, Fla.;

Helen Glover, 47, a Navy swim instructor from Middletown, R.I.;

Ken Stafford, a 30 year-old police officer from Brooklyn, N.Y.;

Jed Hildebrand, 25 and a dental student from Dallas, Texas; and

Shi Ann Huang, a 28 year-old executive recruiter from New York City.

Also, Ghandia Johnson, 33, a legal secretary from Denver, Colo.;

Clay Jordan from Monroe, La., a 46-year-old restaurant owner;

Penny Ramsey, a 27-year-old pharmacuetical salesperson who lives in Plano, Texas;

Ted Rogers Jr., 37 and a software design manager from Durham, N. C.;

Pastor John Raymond, 40 of Slidell, La.;

Brian Heidik, 34, a used car salesman from Quartz, Calif.;

Tanya Vance, 27, a social worker from Kingsport, Tenn., and

Robb Zbacnik, a 23 year-old bartender from Scottsdale, Ariz.

Has there ever ~not~ been a bartender on Survivor?

I probably have the guys all mixed up (the 37/40 and 25/30/34 are not easy to pick out) but I'm pretty sure about the girls (except for the Sarah girl being 30 - and if she's not I just may have the girls all mixed up too

08-15-02, 03:07 AM (EST)
31. "Tribal Breakdown"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 03:10 AM (EST)

~If~ the tribes are chosen beforehand, this is most likely what they
will be (Though Penny and Tanya could switch as they're of the same
age and sex)

1.)
Jake Billingsly 60
Erin Collins, 30
Penny Ramsey, 27
Clay Jordan from Monroe, La., 46
Ghandia Johnson, 33
Ted Rogers Jr., 37
Shi Ann Huang, 28
Robb Zbacnik, 23

Tribal Average - 35.5

2.)
Jan Gentry, 53
Ken Stafford, 30
Tanya Vance, 27
Helen Glover, 47
Brian Heidik, 34
Pastor John Raymond, 40
Stephanie Dill, 29
Jed Hildebrand, 25

Tribal Average - 35.625

Season Average - 35.5625

S1 - 35.375
S2 - 33.75
S3 - 35.0625
S4 - 34.8125

EDIT: and I don't know what I was thinking when I was talking about how they all seemed young....this is the ~oldest cast ever~! ^-^;;

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •