The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anwar Love Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anwar Love Thread"
Anwar Robinson was amazing singing "Wonderful World"
He took a song that I couldn't imagine anyone besides Louis Armstrong singing and gave me goosebumps with his beautiful rendition.

I love that he doesn't need to jump around the stage to get our attention.
I love his sweet smile.
I love that he conveys his love of music with every song he sings.

I couldn't find a thread devoted to Anwar and since I know there are others here equally as devoted to him..

Anwar is my secret crush...don't tell my husband.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anwar Love Thread pheeann 03-09-05 1
   RE: Anwar Love Thread niteowl 03-09-05 2
 RE: Anwar Love Thread opinionated 03-10-05 3
 i *HEART* Anwar sorgee 03-10-05 4
   RE: i *HEART* Anwar Wheezy 03-10-05 5
 RE: Anwar Love Thread Spidey 03-10-05 6
 RE: Anwar Love Thread Schnookie Palookie 03-12-05 7
 RE: Anwar Love Thread strid333 03-12-05 8
 RE: Anwar Love Thread Sweety Tweety 03-13-05 9
 RE: Anwar Love Thread badger 03-29-05 10
   RE: Not better tamarama 03-30-05 11
       RE: Not better badger 03-30-05 12
       RE: Not better Loquatrix 03-30-05 13
           RE: Not better claybemine 03-30-05 14
       RE: Not better cloudbug2 04-03-05 15
           RE: Not better Ellehcar71 04-04-05 18
 RE: Anwar Love Thread seahorse 04-03-05 16
   RE: Anwar Love Thread bystander 04-04-05 17
 RE: Anwar Love Thread Reeflex7 04-04-05 19
 RE: Anwar Love Thread MarleyCat 04-13-05 20
 RE: Anwar Love Thread Harrison 04-13-05 21
   RE: Anwar Love Thread ginger 04-13-05 22
       RE: Anwar Love Thread Spidey 04-13-05 23
           RE: Anwar Love Thread MarleyCat 04-13-05 24
           Ditto, Spidey! weltek 04-14-05 26
       RE: Anwar Love Thread Harrison 04-14-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
His voice gives me goosebumps, too! He's the one candidate I think could take it. Everything about him shouts "perfect" - smile, attitude, voice, presence - and he works the camera. If it weren't for Anwar, I'd be pulling for Bo.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I was so impressed! I don't even like that song (so tired of it), and after he started I thought "oh no...", but could not believe what he did with it! I am totally amazed at how effortless he makes it look and how sweet he is. I hope he wins. And he was never my choice until now. I think he's the best singer by far and the most understated.

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 04:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I think he's fantastic. I hope it comes down to Anwar and Bo, although I like both for different reasons and don't know who I'd be pulling for in the end.

Anwar definitely has the purest, best overall voice in the competition this year, and probably the best male voice they've ever had on AI. I respect the heck out of any guy who decides to be a teacher for a living, too.

He's also got a gorgeous smile...

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-10-05, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "i *HEART* Anwar"
i just think he seems like a great, solid, all around good kind of guy. he's hot.
(he's got good skills and girls really like guys with skills.)

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: i *HEART* Anwar"

Yes ma'am, all that and he's humble too.

Wheeze
I will prolly build him a cake or somesing.

Wheeze * Everything In Between

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
*swoon*

thud.

Help! I've passed out! Send Anwar to do some CPR, stat!

Oh yeah, he sure can sing too.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I love Anwar and think he's the best. He has a great voice and personality.

While driving to work yesterday, I was listening to the radio, and the guys on this particular morning show said that Anwar has the best odds of winning, according to some betting place. Bo is in 2nd place, and Nadia is 3rd.

Thanks IceCat & RollDdice

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-12-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I really, really like him too. The fact that he is really good looking helps in my books. He, being a music teacher, really helps too. I find that he has had a bit of formal training and I find it really shows when he is singing.

Three is the perfect number.

Sweety Tweety 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweety%20Tweety Click to send private message to Sweety%20Tweety Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I gotta tell ya. Up until last week, I didn't take much notice of Anwar. Then, he sang, I got goosebumps! It was then I realized, that this guy, is AWESOME!

I am a new fan of Anwar's. I will be voting for him all the way, until he is the winner of AI 4!

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
bumping this, and hoping anwar does better tonight.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-30-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not better"
Sorry to say, I'm in the group that thinks he's over-rated.

Can he sing? Sure. Is he a cutie? Sure. Is he outstanding? Not really.

I'm really glad that Randy & Simon finally (almost) put their finger on the problem -- Although I wouldn't specifically say his problem is his lower range -- I would say his problem is singing softly (relatively speaking -- more softly than 'power notes')

In figure skating, the audience loves the big jumps, but you'd better have the footwork & spins etc. or the judges will mark you down.

In singing, the audience loves the big power notes, but you'd better have the other 95% of the song down too. (If your performance is more than 5% 'power notes' -- YUCK!)

Unlike big jumps in figure skating, "power notes" (lordy I hate that term) are actually EASIER than singing sofly. Really - I swear. If you have a decent voice and good aim, you just slam some extra air through your chords and voila! Power.

On the other hand, singing softly takes a tremendous amount of control. (unless, of course, soft is all you have...in which case you wouldn't even be here)

Virtually every week, the start of Anwar's performance is shaky -- then he winds up for the big ending. *yawn* OK, except for the week he tried to do up-tempo, and that was awful.

I'm actually really surprised he doesn't have better technique to support the softer, more melodic stuff -- I assumed he had more training than most of the others. Of course, as a music teacher, his degree may not have included vocal performance (a very specific course of study), so his actual VOCAL training may be limited.

In terms of the skill, the voice or the versatility -- I think he's better than Anthony & Constantine -- but not Bo, Nadia, Carrie, Vonzell, Jessica or Nikko.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not better"
yeah, i pulled the handbrake and officially jumped off the anwar bandwagon last night.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not better"
As a music teacher, I hope Anwar will have the right response to the very sensible criticisms that were levelled at him by the judges last night. He really needs to choose songs that he can perform with equal vigour from start to finish, rather than relying on the climax of the song to excite his voting base.

claybemine 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail claybemine Click to send private message to claybemine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not better"
I was all for Anwar but each week he seems to be not as good. I really don't have a favorite anymore.

cloudbug2 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-03-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cloudbug2 Click to send private message to cloudbug2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not better"
Absolutely right on with your accurate description of Anwar and why he is limited vocally. He can yell and power through at the end but the rest of the song is actually painful. He does seem like a classy guy with a nice smile which should get him very far. I also like that he will be good role model for gay youth.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not better"
> I also like that
>he will be good role
>model for gay youth.

Have I missed something? Is Anwar gay?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
Anwar does have potential to go far in this competition, he definitely needs to kick it up a notch to live up to his expectatioons.

Maybe being in the bottom three will be areal wakeup call for him.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-04-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
Sorry, not an Anwar fan here. His singing last week made my ears bleed.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
He's the biggest puzzle for me and the biggest disappointment so far. He's got oodles of ability, but like others have said, he simply struggles with the beginnings of songs before he hits his stride and finishes with a flourish. It's weird. It's like he's lost and uninterested until he hits the big notes, and then he comes alive.

The Chaka Khan disaster really puzzled me. I thought going up-tempo for him is a good idea. With his vocal talent he should be able to knock a song like that out of the park. I really hope he figures it out, because he could be awesome.

04-13-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

Yummy...Anwar looked very good last night. Love that outfit on him. That unbuttoned shirt was so sexy. Swoon!

I was really worried when he said that he was going to sing Dionne Warwick...but he sounded great.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
Re: Anwar.

As I've said on another thread, Anwar will need to lose his 'preciousness' if he wants to get much beyond the next few weeks.

He lacks any sort of edge (read: personality) and, ultimately, that will hurt his chances.
Where one hopes to find some personality with Anwar, we see a kind of dull smugness which makes it difficult to root for him.

I suspect this could be a strategy on his part.
Perhaps, beneath the dull veneer, there lies a true finger-snapping diva (that might be a good bet, btw).
If that's the case, he might be suppressing his personality in an effort to avoid alienating the audience.

If so, it's not working in any way that I can discern.
Others will surely disagree.

Anwar should either come out of his closet (with regard to his personality, that is) or he should invent a persona which he considers to be more palatable to the voters.

Otherwise he just looks like a great pretender.
And that won't sell for long.

He simply needs to let us know that he's there and that there is where he wants to be.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
Every. Single. Performance. The low, pitchy beginning. The big notes at the end. The exact same facial expressions. I was initially a fan, but now he bores me to distraction.

On the other hand, he'd probably be my first choice for Who Would You Let Date Your Daughter? Either him or Anthony...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I no longer want Anwar to win, but I still really like him. I thought he did wel last night and he is as gorgeous as ever.

I'd still take him home and let him be my singing love toy. Mr. Spidey might object tho', unless we invited Carrie too.

What? Not Scott?

04-13-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
I have to agree on not rooting for an Anwar win anymore...but something about him I find really cute and sexy. So I'm just into watching him smile and if he sings well that night...that's just a bonus.

I usually hate guys with long hair so it's funny that I have such a crush.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Ditto, Spidey!"
Could you send him over when you are done with him? Oh, and Nolay's exact words the other night about Carrie:
"Sure I'll vote for her, but not because of her voice." Such a man.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Anwar Love Thread"
Hi ginger.

I have little doubt that one's daughter would indeed be 'safe' in dating Anwar. He's like a blanket, you know.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •