The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
suicide this season, judging from the previews at the end of the show of someone in the bathroom, "oh, no!", the ambulance coming, "it wasn't supposed to be like this" type responses, and so forth?

What's up with that? Or is this more creative editing?

Opinions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... StephnPcola 09-24-03 1
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... okdebi 09-24-03 2
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... djk 09-24-03 3
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... okdebi 09-25-03 4
       RE: Did anyone get the impression t... djk 09-25-03 10
           RE: Did anyone get the impression t... okdebi 09-25-03 26
           RE: Did anyone get the impression t... Guppin1234 09-26-03 27
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... SurvivorBlows 09-25-03 15
   Screening realitybites 09-25-03 18
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... KCarter897 09-25-03 5
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... lovethisreality 09-25-03 13
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... sir_naitf 09-25-03 6
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... Chrissy gal 09-25-03 7
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... PepeLePew13 09-25-03 8
       RE: Did anyone get the impression t... djk 09-25-03 11
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... Breezy 09-25-03 9
   RE: Did anyone get the impression t... lovethisreality 09-25-03 14
 RE: Did anyone get the impression t... DoodleBug 09-25-03 12
   First bachelor... Guppin1234 09-27-03 32
 Would they really televise that? Guppin1234 09-25-03 16
   Did anyone notice at the end where ... angie1 09-25-03 17
       RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... ChiGirl35 09-25-03 19
           RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... EnglProf 09-27-03 29
               RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... ChiGirl35 09-27-03 30
                   RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... GJ 09-27-03 31
                   RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... Guppin1234 09-27-03 33
           RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... Guppin1234 09-28-03 35
               RE: Did anyone notice at the end wh... sir_naitf 09-29-03 36
 excitement ahead stayput411 09-25-03 20
   The person is fine thndrcloud 09-25-03 21
       RE: The person is fine Ahtumbreez 09-25-03 22
           RE: The person is fine Cinder 09-25-03 23
               RE: The person is fine Chrissy gal 09-25-03 25
           RE: The person is fine thndrcloud 09-25-03 24
           RE: The person is fine PepeLePew13 09-26-03 28
           RE: The person is fine Guppin1234 09-27-03 34
               RE: The person is fine RealityTVGeek 09-29-03 37
                   Why Bob wasn't in the hospital shot... thndrcloud 09-29-03 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StephnPcola 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StephnPcola Click to send private message to StephnPcola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
That was kinda the impression I got or that someone got so upset that they went into a bit of a anxiety attack mode....didn't it show the other girls at the hospital crying or did I see something wrong? These girls are kinda going at him full speed aren't they? Some are in love from the first episode??? I will have to say one thing though, from the previews of the rest of the season I will definitely be watching!

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
My friend and I were discussing the same thing. Not sure if editing is making it LOOK like a suicide attempt or what the deal is. It did look like there were still quite a few women in the house so I guess it will happen sooner rather than later.

This season is going to be intense judging from the previews. Half the women already have a crush on Bob since they already "know" him from the Bachelorette. I think its going to be really hard on all involved.

Debi

djk 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-03, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djk Click to send private message to djk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
That is what it looks like, but you would think after all of there screening they wouldn't end up with someone who was emotionally unstable enough to do something like that. Hopefully someone can put up some vidcaps, then we can get a better idea of which girl it might be. Based on who is crying at the hospital etc.

09-25-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
>That is what it looks like,
>but you would think after
>all of there screening they
>wouldn't end up with someone
>who was emotionally unstable enough
>to do something like that.

Okay.... did you LISTEN to some of those women on there tonight??

I could pick out at least a handful of possible mental cases, including the one who was sobbing at the end about having her heart broken on national TV. We are talking serious problems here and its the first night!!!

Debi

09-25-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djk Click to send private message to djk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Good point. I guess my point is they make it sound like they did this great screening, did mental evaluations of some sort, and yet look what they ended up with? I think the emotions are stronger too because the girls already like Bob, unlike other seasons where they didn't know the guy before the first night.

09-25-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
I agree 100% with you. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think Bob is ready for the complete adoration of these women. Its actually nothing like any of the previous Bachelors and with the raw emotions on this one, Bob has to be really careful of every move he makes.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Yeah, they showed one of the women taking a written multiple choice psych eval, BFD! It's completely different when you're in the thick of it. It's just a matter of time before something really bad happens on or because of one of these shows, someone will eventually go postal. Blame it on the Brits for bringing reality TV to us yanks, eh?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

> Hopefully someone can put up some vidcaps,

I recorded both of the "this season on the Bachelor" clips that opened and closed the show -- lots of solo date spoilers, maybe more. I'm going to try and post them Friday or Saturday.

But keep in mind they played something like this up last season too... and it was what, hyperventilating or such?

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-25-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Screening"
>you would think after all of there screening they wouldn't end
>up with someone who was emotionally unstable enough to do
>something like that.

Ha. The cynic in me thinks that they screen the emotionally unstable IN, instead of OUT. It makes for better drama - though I'm sure they don't want anyone to actually get hurt.

KCarter897 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KCarter897 Click to send private message to KCarter897 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Hey, I think I'm a mental case (;)) because I kept rewinding the video to see who was in the bathroom...the Latina woman comes upstairs and says "Where is Meredith", who is the make up artist lady.....
so I wonder if she has an attack?

Seems like it will be an interesting, if not a little spicy from the previews.....

Fun fun

lovethisreality 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-25-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovethisreality Click to send private message to lovethisreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Yes good call...thanks!

sir_naitf 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sir_naitf Click to send private message to sir_naitf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
it looked like they were editing it to appear as though a suicide attempt is made, certainly. and it's believable enough given the collective psychosis level demonstrated tonight.

looking at the smoking gun document (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/chyten9.html), though, i notice this item:

"Plaintiffs are informed and believe that two people were bitten by Black Widow spiders during the production and had to be rushed to the hospital."

is this possibly what they were showing?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Oh, very observant! Black widow spider bites can be really bad if the bite is in the right place on the body.

I thought that maybe Merideth passed out and hit her head. Head wounds can bleed like crazy.

I am really looking forward to this season. I didn't watch last season at all, but this looks great!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
That's true... but would a black widow spider appear in a bathroom? That's where the apparent incident seemed to happen and we saw someone running around asking where Meredith is before going to the bathroom and saying "oh no!"

If it was a suicide attempt, I think we'd have heard something in the news about it at the time of filming. So it's something else that just required a little checkup and probably much ado about nothing.

I was disappointed to see it wasn't a nasty catfight between two desperate contestants that resulted in a call to an ambulance.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

09-25-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Maybe it was a fight! If it was Meredith in the bathroom I think we see her earlier saying something about wanting to punch someone (I wish I would have recorded the show!) Then Mary (I think that is her name) comes upstairs already upset looking for Meredith. Obviously something happened downstairs that upset the girls. Maybe Meredith had some sort of serious injury from the fight.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
They definately showed someone going to the hospital and they made it look more like a suicide attempt I thought. What with the blinking heart monitor beep going on and the Bob saying something about it not supposed to be happening like this.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

lovethisreality 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-25-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovethisreality Click to send private message to lovethisreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
Hey thanks!!! that is really cool to read this.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did anyone get the impression that someone would try to commit..."
I was getting flashbacks to a previous bachelor, I think it was the first one, where one girl had an asthma attack. Or maybe we have a diabetic go into shock.

I hope it's not a suicide attempt.

can you say CRAZY OVER BOB?!?

09-27-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "First bachelor..."
Did anyone else get the impression that the first bachelor was gay or bi-sexual? Just curious.

09-25-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
16. "Would they really televise that?"
I initially thought possible suicide, but probably a heart attack or something like that. Mary's reaction seemed a little nonchalante to me.

The cats have their talons out early on this one as if Bob would be attracted to desperation.

angie1 5 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angie1 Click to send private message to angie1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
so and so message? What was that all about? Surely someone couldn't have passed away and we haven't heard about it? Maybe it was in memory of someone that helped with the show - and not one of the girls at all. I don't know.

ChiGirl35 12 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChiGirl35 Click to send private message to ChiGirl35 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Was I the only one who saw the very end,after the finaL commercials,the screen came up -IN MEMORY OF ALI ______(I didn`t get her last name).This is driving me batty!!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Hi, It was Ari _________. I don't remember the last name, but it wasn't Ali.

Ari (like former press secretary Ari Fleischmen) is a guy's name, so I'm almost positive that that has nothing to do with who goes to the hopital.

I still have it on tape so I can go look again.

ChiGirl35 12 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChiGirl35 Click to send private message to ChiGirl35 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Oh,my mistake,I didn`t have it on tape.That`s why I was going batty not knowing.Thanks for the info. I am sure they will do anything (editing wise)to get us to tune in next week.I can`t believe how some of these women act like it`s the LOVE of their lives who`s rejecting them. They need to,GET A GRIP and play the game.It`s hilarious.

GJ 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GJ Click to send private message to GJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Someone was bit by a poisonous spider and got real sick. I heard it on some news bit, I don't remember where. Also, the owners of the mansion were complaining about the infestation in a report about their suit against the television station for the condition the house was in when they returned.

09-27-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Exactly! They have greater odds of being rejected, so they should prepare themselves for that. A lot of these women seem unstable. My money is on Mary.

Kelly Joe/Estelle seem sweet, but I think they may have issues.

This show reminds me of a Beauty Pageant (booty pageant).

09-28-03, 05:11 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
Gottfried was the last name.

sir_naitf 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sir_naitf Click to send private message to sir_naitf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Did anyone notice at the end where they had a "in memory of""
while the credits flew by too quickly for me to get the exact crew mentioned, i was able to see that the in memoriam name did appear in the lists of the crew.

imdb lists ari gottfried as writer and story editor for the bachelor.

stayput411 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stayput411 Click to send private message to stayput411 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "excitement ahead"
Definately looks like another addicting season, maybe even more so. Besides suicide, I also had the impression that someone was making themself sick...but that could be a long shot since I don't think a trip to the hospital would be immediately necessary. The spider rumor is definately a strong possibility.

it also looks like there will be more attitude from the girls towards each other. The number one "#####" seems to be LeeAnn from the previews....Then again, editing is in the hands of the producers!

No matter how you look at it, it's gonna be a ride!

thndrcloud 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-25-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "The person is fine"
There was an interview with Kelly Jo on a local radio station this morning (there's no clip available yet) and they asked about the ambulance. She told them that, and she made very clear, the PERSON is fine. So it might not have been one of the women, maybe a crew member?

Also, due to the wonder of editing I doubt that Meredith is the one in the hospital. I'm guessing that Meredith had a fight with one of the other women and when Mary went looking for her she found her crying on the floor in the bathroom. Her "oh, no" didn't sound frightened or panicked, it was more of a poor baby kind of tone.

My .02

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The person is fine"
I'm thinking it's something more serious than a panic attack or something like that, because even though they may have called an ambulance the paramedics would have just treated and left, not loaded her up and headed to the hospital. But of course, someone could have gotten dizzy from a bite or even from crying too hard, fell and busted her head on the toilet (how embarrassing) then they could have wanted to admit her in case of concussion.
I don't believe suicide at all.
TummyBreez

Cinder 8 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinder Click to send private message to Cinder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The person is fine"
It could have been the black widow, because the reaction isnt usually huge at first. It hurts, but doesnt necessarily get bad immediately. And not everyone even reacts to black widows...now brown recluses...those are nasty!

So if someone was bitten by a bw, she might be checking it out later in the bathroom, freak out...

Um, hi! I'm new here and not really an expert on spiders! LOL I do like speculating on what's going to happen on the show tho....

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The person is fine"
Welcome Cinder, none of us are experts on the things we talk about (well some of "us" are, but I'm not!), we just like to share our thoughts!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

09-25-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The person is fine"
If it was a suicide attempt I'm sure we'll hear about it before next week's show. Hospitals keep records and I'm sure the employees will be curious after seeing the show and recognizing a former patient. Anything serious will come out in the tabloids before we see it on the show.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The person is fine"
>because even though they may have called
>an ambulance the paramedics would
>have just treated and left,
>not loaded her up and
>headed to the hospital.

Wanna bet that maybe the producers paid the girl to stay put in the stretcher and milk the drama for all it's worth? And then have her make a 'miraculous' recovery back into the house later on... America stands and cheers.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

09-27-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The person is fine"
In order for the network/show/producers to cover their collective a$$e$$, they would send her to the hospital even if she had a little indigestion.

Wonder what would have happened if Mary didn't care enough to go see her? The camera man must have been able to make that call to get the girl in the bathroom some help but he waited for someone else to get there so he could film it. Trashy, two-faced people from la la land.

RealityTVGeek 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVGeek Click to send private message to RealityTVGeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The person is fine"
I heard that the "person" got a case of food poisoning...

hey have we considered that this person is....BOB???????? Why isn't he in any of the hospital shots?

Thoughts?

09-29-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
38. "Why Bob wasn't in the hospital shots"
Probably because it happens at the women's house and he wasn't there. There seemed to be quite a few women still so my guess is that he was out on a group date or just chilling at his bachelor pad when it happened. Plus, I would think but I might be wrong, that they wouldn't want to involve him too much in it since it would be extra face time for that girl and he could form a connection with her based on her accident/illness/psychosis. While it might be great for ratings this time they wouldn't want to encourage women to make themselves ill or hurt themselves in order to win.

Just my .02

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •