The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WB's High School Reunion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-27-02, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WB's High School Reunion"
Has anybody else heard about the WB's new reality show, called High School Reunion?

'When 17 former classmates are reunited on the exotic island of Maui, it quickly becomes apparent that everyone still has something to prove. Don't miss the premiere Sunday, January 5 at 9 p.m. ET on The WB.'

High School Reunion

It seems that WB searched for the 'perfect' class of 2002. Oak Park-River Forest was chosen as 2002's fave choice. However, there is an application provided if you think you were part of the 'perfect' class of 2003.

--this outta be semi-interesting to watch....if I don't have to wash my hair that night!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WB's High School Reunion Femme 12-29-02 1
 RE: WB's High School Reunion LadyT 12-30-02 2
 RE: WB's High School Reunion munson 12-31-02 3
   RE: WB's High School Reunion Femme 12-31-02 4
 RE: WB's High School Reunion performanz 01-02-03 5
   RE: WB's High School Reunion sittem 01-03-03 8
 Buzz AyaK 01-02-03 6
 RE: WB's High School Reunion Mon Cherie 01-02-03 7
   RE: WB's High School Reunion AMAI 01-03-03 9
       RE: WB's High School Reunion SherpaDave 01-03-03 10
       RE: WB's High School Reunion SurvivorBlows 01-03-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-29-02, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
I finally checked out the link... it actually DOES sound promising. Hope it doesn't suck.

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
Since this was the year I graduated from HS, I will totally want to watch this.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-31-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
Here is a bit more detail about the show.

They're all single, attractive and lookin to hook up. Sure this isn't Melrose Place High?

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-31-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
Well, this part sounds promising... from the article above:

"One day into <'High School Reunion'> we had as much sort of heavy drama as we get two or three weeks into some of our other shows, like 'The Bachelor,' " Fleiss said. "The concept was yielding dividends right from the start."

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

performanz 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-02-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail performanz Click to send private message to performanz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
I have lived in the town where this high
school is for the last 7 years. But I did
not go to high school there. However I do know
some people that graduated from that school that
year.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-03-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
I was going to pass on this one - just didn't interest me much. I've been to one high school reunion and it wasn't that great. But, I lived in Oak Park for 8 years, worked for the village for 10 where I think I worked with a father of one of the kids. I moved out in 1980, but still only live a block east of Austin Blvd. So, I gotta try at least one show, though I think with all these single folk I'll probably get sick of it quickly. Had I stayed in Oak Park my oldest son would have been at OPRF while these peeps were there.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-03, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Buzz"
Originally, the buzz (advance publicity and "whispering") on this show from WB was really strong. However, it seems to have diminished; I don't know why.

It could be that the show tested poorly ... or it could be that I haven't been listening as well. We'll know more after the premiere!

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-02-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
I'm interested to watch this. When do you think they will run out of reality tv concepts?

Here's a new concept for a reality tv show: Have members of a reality tv site meet in real life. Now THAT would be a hoot.

Mon

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-03-03, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-03 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

Mon Cherie, yes! And add in all sorts of tidbits from other reality shows. Have the group buy food, cook and serve a meal. Have them renovate their entire house with the help of a designer whileh Having them compete for fabulous prizes, wearing nothing but bathing suits and protective eyewear.

Back to the discussion:
This show sounds unreal - how would you find 17 single GOOD-LOOKING people all from the same class? 17 unmarried nerds geeks & goombahs - now THAT I could buy.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-03, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"
Depending on the size of the class, it probably wouldn't be that tough. My graduating class from HS was about 750, and a surprising number of us were still single at the ten-year reunion. And among those who were still single, I could've easily found 17 people worth hooking up with (probably a good thing I'd just met my wife-to-be about a month before).

Criminals From the Neck Up

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-03, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WB's High School Reunion"

>This show sounds unreal - how would you find 17 single
>GOOD-LOOKING people all from the same class? 17 unmarried nerds
>geeks & goombahs - now THAT I could buy.

Munson's link explains that -- they weeded out all the geeks and goombahs (wouldn't want reality to get in the way of ratings.)

http://suntimes.com/output/rosenthal/cst-ftr-phil31.html

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •