The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-02 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/020613b.asp

All-Star Survivor Scoop!

Survivor fans anxious to see former castaways Susan Hawk and Jerri Manthey claw each other's eyes out will have to cool their heels for at least another year. The much-talked-about championship edition — pitting the franchise's biggest stars against one another — won't happen until fall 2003 at the earliest.

According to CBS rep Chris Ender, a regular "average Joe" installment — not the all-star version — will follow Survivor: Thailand in the spring. "Survivor 6 will (feature) regular, soon-to-be-discovered Americans," he tells TV Guide Online. "The all-star Survivor is something that we're very interested in pursuing in the future — we're just not certain at this point when we're going to do it."

That said, Ender confirms that recruiting Richard, Tina, Colby, Rudy and Co. in time for next season was under consideration. The advantages for CBS are obvious: Survivor will likely face the fight of its life opposite the last season of Friends, which is expected to score record ratings as it builds toward its May swan song.

"The Friends factor had nothing to do with it," Ender insists, "but we did briefly talk about whether Survivor 6 was the right time to do it. But based on the success of Survivor: Marquesas and the interesting crop of people we will soon announce for Survivor: Thailand, we thought that going with regular Americans is the best route right now."

Of course, when it comes to counterprogramming Thursdays at 8 pm, the Eye Network may want to sit out the second half of the season. "Even a diehard Survivor fan might find it difficult to not bid adieu to Friends," says Mediaweek's Marc Berman. "After nine seasons in the top 10, Friends is going out with a ratings bang, and not even the power of Survivor can stop it."

For his part, Survivor producer Mark Burnett isn't staying awake nights worrying about how viewers will vote. "All I can deliver is a great show — and scheduling is CBS's problem," he says. "I stopped thinking about that kind of stuff during Survivor 2."

edited to get rid of hidden text - now I'm off to write an apology letter to my Bestest Buddy, the preview button.

Rude, snotty, mean, horrible, nasty, witch, yadda yadda yadda...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Update on future Survivor plans... jkokoj 06-13-02 1
 RE: Update on future Survivor plans... JeffGator 06-13-02 2
 RE: Update on future Survivor plans... dabo 06-14-02 3
 RE: Update on future Survivor plans... drawde236 06-14-02 4
   RE: Update on future Survivor plans... PepeLePew13 06-14-02 5
       RE: Update on future Survivor plans... bondt007 06-17-02 6
 RE: Update on future Survivor plans... Kokoro 06-26-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-13-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Thanks Bebo! I am not that interested in an All-Star version. However, if MB decides to stop the series and plans it well after S6, it could be fun to watch.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-13-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Thanks for the article Bebo. I personally am glad that they are holding off on the All-Star Survivor because I have no interest in watching it.

attending Florida State, another unfortunate side effect of hunger

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/020613b.asp

Should we keep this in mind until after S5 or go ahead and speculate now? (Chuckles at Bebo's unintentional use of hidden text; hey, I've copied the brackets in stories before, I chuckled at me at the time.)

>According to CBS rep Chris Ender,
>a regular "average Joe" installment
>— not the all-star version
>— will follow Survivor: Thailand
>in the spring. "Survivor 6
>will (feature) regular, soon-to-be-discovered Americans,"
>he tells TV Guide Online.

Shall we attempt to translate TV network exec hypespeak into standard American English, what exactly does he mean by "regular Americans" anyway?

>"The Friends factor had nothing to
>do with it," Ender insists,
>"but we did briefly talk
>about whether Survivor 6 was
>the right time to do
>it. But based on the
>success of Survivor: Marquesas and
>the interesting crop of people
>we will soon announce for
>Survivor: Thailand, we thought that
>going with regular Americans is
>the best route right now."

From this I'm guessing they are planning to do the same as always before.

>Of course, when it comes to
>counterprogramming Thursdays at 8 pm,
>the Eye Network may want
>to sit out the second
>half of the season. "Even
>a diehard Survivor fan might
>find it difficult to not
>bid adieu to Friends," says
>Mediaweek's Marc Berman.

Actually, I lost interest in "Friends" before "Survivor: Australia" anyway.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-14-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Thanks for the article. Am I the only one looking forward to the reunion? I keep envisioning a Superfriends tribe vs. Legion Of Doom tribe. It would keep me interested.

Slackers Unite! Tomorrow.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-02, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Hmmm, interesting thought there, drawde... I think it'd be a hoot to see a former Survivors edition with 8 of the all-time good guys (i.e. Rodger, Elisabeth, Ethan, etc.) in one tribe competing against 8 of the nastiest ball-breakers (i.e. Jerri, Lex, Richard) in another tribe.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-17-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
WARNING - NO SPOILER VALUE -

Hey Pepe...!!

Is THAT a bottle o' Molson Canadian? I'm from California and don't run into it too often - but that stuff with a bowl of hot clam chowder {:0 )

My buddy and I look for it anytime we travel north - Brought home 2 cases last Christmas from Seattle... very nice!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Update on future Survivor plans, including All-Star"
Looks like All-Star Survivor isn't going to have fair teams - unless of course they bring in more than 16 or don't bother with it until S10.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •