The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tanya Vance???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tanya Vance???"
http://www.wjhl.com/news/localnews/MGBR24A7C2D.html

Mary Margaret Denton at the Children's Advocacy Center in Blountville says "Tanya just has a wonderful personality. She's so warm and open". Characteristics that appear to have landed her one of the 16 spots on Survivor five, Thailand. Friend Julie Price says "Whenever kids have to go to court Tanya sort of pulls them aside and does a court thing with them, tries to help them not be so scared".

For her audition tape friends say she she dressed up in this bear costume used to cheer up kids going through a scary time: "Then she took the head off of Happy Bear and said I work with true Survivors talking about the children who have been traumatize by sexual abuse".

Her friends say she will be a great addition to the cast of Survivor. Denton says "I think she is likable but smart enough to know when to make the right choices".

This hasn't been confirmed yet, but it is listed at SurvivorNews. And I think for the local news to do a story on it, then there's a good chance that she is a contestant.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Other Possible Contestants JeffGator 06-12-02 1
   comment on the time off issue... snoocharoo 06-13-02 17
       RE: comment on the time off issue..... jkokoj 06-13-02 18
           RE: comment on the time off issue..... snoocharoo 06-13-02 19
               An alliance jkokoj 06-13-02 20
                   RE: An alliance snoocharoo 06-13-02 21
                       RE: An alliance jkokoj 06-13-02 22
                           RE: An alliance bergdogg 07-04-02 31
 RE: Tanya Vance??? Cin 06-12-02 2
 RE: Tanya Vance??? Q 06-12-02 3
 RE: Tanya Vance??? lroy 06-12-02 4
 Tanya's boss blabs the secret to th... SurvivorBlows 06-12-02 5
   lawsuit or red herring? GTmike 06-12-02 6
       RE: lawsuit or red herring? PepeLePew13 06-12-02 7
           RE: lawsuit or red herring? Bebo 06-12-02 8
               RE: lawsuit or red herring? SurvivorBlows 06-12-02 10
                   RE: lawsuit or red herring? JeffGator 06-12-02 11
                       RE: lawsuit or red herring? Bebo 06-12-02 12
       not a red herring in my opinion JeffGator 06-12-02 9
           RE: not a red herring in my opinion ShowMeTheWinner 06-12-02 13
               RE: not a red herring in my opinion SurvivorBlows 06-12-02 14
                   RE: not a red herring in my opinion Kokoro 06-26-02 29
 More stories and photos SurvivorBlows 06-12-02 15
   RE: More stories and photos JeffGator 06-12-02 16
 Looks like she's been confirmed JeffGator 06-13-02 23
   RE: Looks like she's been confirmed SurvivorBlows 06-13-02 24
       RE: Looks like she's been confirmed JeffGator 06-13-02 25
           RE: Looks like she's been confirmed SurvivorBlows 06-13-02 26
               RE: Looks like she's been confirmed Kokoro 06-26-02 30
 I should really pay more attention.... Superman 06-19-02 27
   RE: I should really pay more attent... anotherkim 06-23-02 28
 RE: Tanya Vance??? heymikey 07-17-02 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-12-02, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Other Possible Contestants"
While we're on the subject of possible contestants......here is a compiled list of possible contestants thanks to suehawka.

Jeannine Yamusan
is 42 years old. She has brown hair down to her shoulders, and she has two kids, and is married. She is from Minneapolis, Minnesota, and now lives in a suburb of St. Paul. Her husband is Japanese, and she said she went to Japan with her husband's sister to visit realtives. Hope I've helped.

Beth Laker
She is 25 years old and HOT! She is a school teacher. And soon to be married! She is from Seattle, Washington.

Carey Schueler
""Athletic." "Tough." "Focused. Driven." Sources have confirmed Carey Schueler is currently competing for a million bucks in Survivor: Thailand, which just started filming this week on the island of Tarutao. Schueler recently hails from Orland Park, Illinois, and is the daughter of White Sox Sr. V.P. Ron Schueler. Classmates in Moraga, California will recall her as a stand-out basketball player at Campolindo High School. Already holding a place in American history as the first woman ever drafted by Major League Baseball, Carey Schueler was the 43rd round draft pick by the Chicago White Sox in 1993 at age 18. The left-handed pitcher opted to retain her amateur standing and headed to DePaul University on a basketball scholarship, later transferring to St. Mary's College. According to sources, this woman clearly has game - but will she be able to keep her eye on the ball? Viewers will find out when the fifth incarnation of Mark Burnett's reality TV show Survivor airs this September. She has a sister, and her father Ron is the White Sox general manager. Carey was drafted 43rd by the White Sox. She went to high school in Moraga, California.

Tanya Vance
Mary Margaret Denton at the Children's Advocacy Center in Blountville says "Tanya just has a wonderful personality. She's so warm and open". Characteristics that appear to have landed her one of the 16 spots on Survivor five, Thailand. Friend Julie Price says "Whenever kids have to go to court Tanya sort of pulls them aside and does a court thing with them, tries to help them not be so scared". For her audition tape friends say she she dressed up in this bear costume used to cheer up kids going through a scary time: "Then she took the head off of Happy Bear and said I work with true Survivors talking about the children who have been traumatize by sexual abuse". Her friends say she will be a great addition to the cast of Survivor. Denton says "I think she is likable but smart enough to know when to make the right choices".

Krystin (no last name yet)
She is about 30 years old, with light brown hair. She says she applied for Survivor and made it to the final group of interviews. She left last week and her mom says she'll be out of the country for approximately 2 months. She appears very strong, and is very athletic. She has applied for previos Survivors and never been chosen. Her nickname is "Crush". I will keep you posted about her and I will try to get a pic.

Kyle McCoglan
He is very into Irish heritage. He is a fireman in NJ (still working on which city).He is really well built as he used to box. He has a tatoo on his right shoulder of his last name, McClogan, and an Irish flag. Short brown hair. Still has a bit of an Irish accent in him. He was born in Ireland (doesn't no what city). He is a very stereotypical Irishman. Said he was going to Ireland for the next two months.
Also said he would be out of contact with his friends for that period of time.He does this every couple years (so it would be a good cover up... or true). However, usually his daughter and wife go to Ireland with him.. but they stayed home this time. He is very snappy. He has a tendency to need things to be done his way.
In a friendly environment, he is the life of the party.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-13-02, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "comment on the time off issue..."
I decided after much prodding and harrassment by my co-workers to apply for Survivor 6. At first I was afraid to tell my boss because I thought he would see that as disloyal and fire me (plus I'm a little embarrassed about this obsession I have with Reality TV). Much to my surprise he phoned me to say that if by some miracle I would get selected he will find a way for me to take the time off because #1. it would be the ultimate golf course brag to have his Secretary on TV #2. he values me as an employee. So that being said I don't think it's that unreasonable for someone to be able to get the time off especially if they work in the private sector. I work for a multi-national publicly traded IT firm, if I can get the time off I'm sure others could as well.

Good find Jeff, thanks for sharing!!!!!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-13-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: comment on the time off issue..."
Same with me snooch. I had to drop out of S5 b/c of achillis surgery. I am applying for S6 and have let our managing partner know this. I work for a few media whores so it would work well for them.

I think there are employers out there who will let you have the time off. This is not like S1 and S2 when there was a select audience. Survivor is now a common TV name.

06-13-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: comment on the time off issue..."
Exactly jkokoj, but I probably wouldn't be able to go cuz I'd die of shock at being selected before I could even get my ass on the plane.

Hmmmmm....perhaps we should start working on forming an alliance

06-13-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "An alliance"
snoocharoo: Funny you say that. I have thought about this often and I think one my first questions to other players would be "do you visit the internet spoiling sites?"

I definitly would form an alliance based upon our interest in this site. I can take the million and you can get the $100,000.00!LOL

06-13-02, 02:00 PM (EST)
21. "RE: An alliance"
$100,000.00 would still be a pretty good pay day for me. At least I'd be able to pay for a boob job (and a monkey).

I'd be more interested in the long term DAW opportunities and with my new mamaries I could do...Playboy, cookbooks, real bad movies with equally bad lead actors, radio talk show host, e-reporter.

06-13-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: An alliance"
I do not need the boob job so if I won the million and we had an alliance consider "on the house"!LOL

I think we could have a good alliance seeing how I would not mind the high DAW goal! An E reporter would be great.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-04-02, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: An alliance"
Well, at least you know what you want in life.

On a side note, I need to come back, I am losin touch already. Gotta get Survivor fever back.

HULK STILL RULES!!!

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-02, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tanya Vance???"
Thanks Jeff, good find!

Cin

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tanya Vance???"
Thanks for the info Jeff. Can't wait to find out more. You are as always, on the ball (magic 8 ball) that is.

Later,

Dan

D.R.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-12-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tanya Vance???"
Nice Find Jeff!

Still looking online to see if i can find photos... but here is an article she was interviewed for in February.

http://www.wjhl.com/news/localnews/MGBN755YRXC.html

I will edit in anything else i find (was i supposed to be working? Nah)

lroy

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Tanya's boss blabs the secret to the press..."
http://www.bristolnews.com/news/MGBG9XKMC2D.html

Tanya Vance, the 27-year-old victim services coordinator at the Children's Advocacy Center of Sullivan County, will be one of 16 contestants on the fifth installment of "Survivor," her supervisor confirmed Tuesday.

Vance, a Kingsport native, left for Thailand last Monday to begin filming, according to Mary Margaret Denton, the center's clinical director.

"This is very exciting," she said. "Tanya left last week, and she'll be gone for six or seven weeks. We knew she'd submitted the video, but she didn't tell us when she went to Atlanta and, later, Los Angeles. She just said she was going on vacation. She's been very, very quiet."

Tom Buchanan, a farmer from Rich Valley, Va., traveled to Africa last year as a contestant in the third season of "Survivor."

The show divides 16 contestants into two teams, which perform a series of challenges. Contestants work within their teams and independently. Each week, one member is voted off the show, and the final contestant wins $1 million.

Vance's co-workers in Blountville hope she wins the prize, Denton said.

While contestants are supposed to keep their involvement in the show a secret, Vance finally had to inform center officials about being accepted, Denton said. Vance works with children who are victims of violence or sexual abuse -- helping prepare them for court -- and she works with police investigators and the district attorney general's office.

A former center employee is filling in while Vance is out of the country, Denton said.

The show began filming Monday on the island of Koh Tarutao in Thailand, according to The Nation, a Bangkok newspaper.

Vance, who has worked at the Advocacy Center for about two years, has many personal qualities that should serve her well on the show, her supervisor said.

"She has a wonderful personality," Denton said. "She's intelligent, easygoing, a team player at her work, very athletic, and she perseveres -- all good attributes for that program."

Assistant District Attorney General Barry Staubus said he recently asked Vance about rumors of her interest in the show.

"She told me a couple of weeks ago that she had tried out, but she couldn't tell me any more," he said, adding that Vance told him he "would have to find out later."

"She's mentally tough -- working with children who are victims of sex abuse. But when you see, her she's full of energy and optimism," Staubus said.

Vance, 27, graduated from Sullivan North High School in 1993 and East Tennessee State University in 1997.

"Tanya was an excellent student," said the high school's assistant principal, Joe Salyers. "She was very active with the track team and ran cross-country and she was in the Key Club."

She earned a bachelor's degree in social work at ETSU and completed her internship at the Advocacy Center in Blountville.

"We first got to know Tanya during her internship, but she's always worked with children," Denton said.

Vance formerly worked as a children's counselor for both Omni Vision Inc. and Frontier Health, Denton said.

She worked at the Frontier Health Holston Children and Youth Center in 1999 and 2000, a Frontier official said.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "lawsuit or red herring?"
Is it just me or does this kind of smell fishy? The boss is more than open about telling that Tanya made it to Survivor. I'm sure that if Tanya had to tell her boss, that he would have had to sign the dreaded 5mill. hush contract. Then again, how good would it look for CBS to sue an organization that helps abused kids? Did they find a loophole or something to get out of a lawsuit by confirming or are they allowed to confirm just not reveal?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: lawsuit or red herring?"
My experience with this kind of thing from past Survivors is that there's not really that much you can do about keeping identities a secret -- especially since they'll be announced later on. I'm sure, though, that it really bugs MB to have leaks like this so early.

I'm putting down $10 that CBS convinces or pay Tanya to stay home and avoid going back to her job once filming is done since she's now completely untrustworthy (assuming she IS a contestant) and will be liable to blab to all her boss and coworkers about how she did or others did in the game.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: lawsuit or red herring?"
since she's now completely untrustworthy (assuming she IS a contestant) and will be liable to blab to all her boss and coworkers about how she did or others did in the game.

I don't think she's completely untrustworthy. Given the sensitive nature of her work, there's a lot of confidentiality involved. Consequently, I don't think her superiors could have simply been content with the explanation "I'm going on vacation" to explain such a long absence. I've had supervisors expect vacations to be cancelled or rescheduled for a lot less serious reasons than child abuse court dates. She may have had to be more explicit to not jeopardize the cases she's been working on.

Rude, snotty, mean, horrible, nasty, witch, yadda yadda yadda...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

06-12-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: lawsuit or red herring?"
>content with the explanation "I'm going on vacation" to explain
>such a long absence. I've had supervisors expect vacations
>to be cancelled or rescheduled for a lot less serious
>reasons than child abuse court dates. She may have
>had to be more explicit o not jeopardize the cases
>she's been working on.

I don't know of many jobs where you can get six weeks off on a month or two's notice -- legal system or not, the reality is many of these folks have to quit whatever jobs they have when appearing on the show.

My understanding is that contestants weren't allowed to tell anyone who didn't sign CBS's confidentiality paperwork, although I wish someone could confirm that. This also makes me wonder how Paschal covered up his absense...

-SB

06-12-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: lawsuit or red herring?"
Yeah Webby, I agree with you completely (as you can see in post #9 down below) and I just wanted to add that many of the previous Survivors who were in the first 4 series either did not have jobs or had to quit them when they started on the show. If you noticed at the last 4 reunion shows, many of them were out of work and looking to become actors, etc. Some were also students or retired so that would be very easy for them to go away for a month.

Lex had a good job but after Survivor we discovered that he was unemployed and is now in a band called Luckydog. This is just one of the many examples. And like you said, I'm not sure how Paschal got away with it, but he was really one of the few Survivors with a job that would be hard to leave for a month.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: lawsuit or red herring?"
And like you said, I'm not sure how Paschal got away with it, but he was really one of the few Survivors with a job that would be hard to leave for a month.

Actually, I think he would have been one of the easier ones. At his age, he would have been able to accrue enough time off to be able to take paid vacation leave.

And I think a judge would have more influence over a court schedule than those appearing in front of the judge. When I lived in Florida, it was not unusual for judges to take extended breaks over the holidays. He may have cut a deal with the other judges who would be covering his docket that he would cover things over the holidays for them once he got back.

Rude, snotty, mean, horrible, nasty, witch, yadda yadda yadda...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

06-12-02, 02:54 PM (EST)
9. "not a red herring in my opinion"
I'm sure that a man in as high a position as her boss would not make up that she made the television show Survivor.

And I don't blame her for telling her supervisor. I mean in order for someone to leave their job for 39 days, they would need a pretty damn good excuse, don't you think? I mean if you really value your job, I don't think you would lie to your supervisor/boss.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-02, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: not a red herring in my opinion"
I think it's a really bad idea for her boss to have revealed this information so early. Imagine how foolish he would look if she turned out to be an alternate and not a contestant (I read that alternates went to Thailand along with the contestants as well).

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

06-12-02, 09:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: not a red herring in my opinion"
>I think it's a really bad idea for her boss to
>have revealed this information so early. Imagine how foolish he
>would look if she turned out to be an alternate
>and not a contestant (I read that alternates went to
>Thailand along with the contestants as well).

Show, I read the same thing.

I've actually been wondering for some time now how bad it must suck to be the alternates for a given Survivor series (previous to this series I didn't realize they actually fly them as far as onsite, I thought they only took them to LA and put them in a hotel on stand-by.) Think about it -- you get so close, you can taste it, but you're still so far.

...do we know if the alternates are ever guaranteed anything like an appearance on a future series? ...and assuming they get to return home after the game starts, does CBS compensate them for planning to put their lives on hold for 6 weeks and then getting nothing? ...are there any former Survivors folks who were alternates from one series but got on the next? (yes, I know Tina was supposedly an alternate, but I understood that she was an alternate FOR THE SAME SERIES in which she actually ended up appearing.)

-SB

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: not a red herring in my opinion"
Yes, Tina was just fulfilling her duties as a Survivor 2 alternate. I'm not sure of details but I think Keith was supposed to be on S1 but because of something or other was moved to S2. They weren't going to use Teresa for S3 but they eventually did anyway (although she was never an alternate).

It's actually surprising to me that they don't use the alternates. I mean, here they have extra people who went through the auditions and were apparently interesting enough to keep around until the end and yet they just get tossed away once filming starts never to be heard from again.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

06-12-02, 09:20 PM (EST)
15. "More stories and photos"
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/tv_and_radio/article/0,1406,KNS_357_1204197,00.html

http://www.timesnews.net/?CONTEXT=story&id=61105&category=54&fulltext=1

For whatever it means:

While a CBS spokesman would not confirm that a Sullivan County woman is competing on the upcoming "Survivor'' show, he did say 25 percent to 75 percent of the cast identities are revealed prior to the network announcing the 16-member list.

06-12-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: More stories and photos"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-02 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

Webby--you are the man!!! I can't believe you found pics!!!

Tanya is beautiful!! Just the kind of look I am attracted to. I always have a thing for gals with dark brown/black hair. She knows how to dress too (well in the first picture)! She has a great smile and she seems like a wonderful person by the work she does. I think I'm in love! LOL

06-13-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
23. "Looks like she's been confirmed"
Well I guess we have our 2nd contestant. By the way, for those of you wondering why she told her company, I found this in a new article about her:

Contestants are supposed to keep their involvement in the show a secret, but Vance finally had to inform center officials about being accepted, Denton said.

http://www.timesnews.net/?CONTEXT=story&id=61105&category=54&fulltext=1

attending Florida State, another unfortunate side effect of hunger

06-13-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Looks like she's been confirmed"
>Well I guess we have our 2nd contestant. By the
>way, for those of you wondering why she told her
>company, I found this in a new article about her:
>
>
>Contestants are supposed to keep their
>involvement in the show a
>secret, but Vance finally had
>to inform center officials about
>being accepted, Denton said.

>
>http://www.timesnews.net/?CONTEXT=story&id=61105&category=54&fulltext=1

Jeff, you must have missed it, but I listed this article on our news page yesterday.

And personally I don't think it tells us ANYTHING about *WHY* she told them, your quote only says that she "finally" told them -- but I still have no explanation as to why.

This article doesn't give us anything that the earlier articles didn't, I'm still wondering if she's not going to turn up back in town this weekend and turn out to have been one of the alternates

-SB

06-13-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Looks like she's been confirmed"
Jeff, you must have missed it, but I listed this article on our news page yesterday.
--Ooops. I did miss it. Thanks for spotting that Webby.

This article doesn't give us anything that the earlier articles didn't, I'm still wondering if she's not going to turn up back in town this weekend and turn out to have been one of the alternates
--So are you saying that you think she might become an alternate because of how the her story has leaked out to the media? You think MB might demote her to "alternate" because of it?

attending Florida State, another unfortunate side effect of hunger

06-13-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Looks like she's been confirmed"
>This article doesn't give us anything
>that the earlier articles didn't,
>I'm still wondering if she's
>not going to turn up
>back in town this weekend
>and turn out to have
>been one of the alternates

>
>--So are you saying that you think she might become an
>alternate because of how the her story has leaked out
>to the media? You think MB might demote her
>to "alternate" because of it?

I dunno anything, all I'm saying is that SUPPOSEDLY 18 contestants (16 + the 2 alternates) flew into Thailand late last week. This means the alternates were "onsite" in Thailand.

The question is how long do they keep those folks there??? ...I doubt they have to stay there for all 39 days, so when do they get to go home -- the day before the game starts? The day it starts? A week into it? Or are they maybe not "real alternates" but actually some part of Burnett's claim of change to "how the survivors come into the game.?" (Maybe they start with 18 people and within the first 10 minutes or so of the show two players get eliminated through some type of selection process.)

There have been AT LEAST four media reports on Tanya -- KnoxNews.net, TimesNews.net, BristolNews.com, and WJHL.com -- that's a lot of reports to come out in a 24 hour span, and combined with the supervisor talking so openly, it just seems very unsusual (even Lindsey's leak didn't get this much press.) Something just sounds a little strange to me (but then again, maybe her boss really is just a clueless big media whore who's trying to get herself seen on Tv and mentioned in the press as much as possible )

-SB

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Looks like she's been confirmed"
Or possibly if she is an alternate she could be looking for job security. I'm not sure how long they have to stay out there and they may not know either. Being an alternate is not worth losing your job over.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-19-02, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "I should really pay more attention..."
Crap. How did I miss this?

I'm gonna get on the phone and call some of my old HS friends. See, I grew up in Sullivan County and finished HS in '92. I don't remember her right off, but I'm sure some of the folks I went to school with will. I went to Sullivan South and Sullivan North was probably our biggest rival. Woo!

Criminals From the Neck Up

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-02, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I should really pay more attention..."
Completely and totally OT, I met a guy from Sullivan South at annual camp one year and had a three day fling (in a non sexual way) that was the highlight of my early high school days. I have no idea what his name was anymore. I hadn't thought of that in years. Sullivan South just triggered that.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-17-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Tanya Vance???"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-02 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before (sorry, did not read all the posts above me), but Tonya Vance's dad has died from a car accident.

http://www.survivorfever.net/index5.html
http://www.survivornews.net/

It's really sad.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •