The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-28-02, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
A poster on sucks named chitown oracle (complete credit goes the them) got the logo in a special promotion packet...here it is:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! JeffGator 05-29-02 1
 RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! PagongRatEater 05-29-02 2
 Mountain Symbolism soulSurvivor_23 05-29-02 3
   Just a note... samiam 05-29-02 4
       RE: Just a note... Swami 05-30-02 9
 RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! SurvivorBlows 05-30-02 5
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! dabo 05-30-02 6
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! sleeeve 05-30-02 7
       RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! SurvivorBlows 06-01-02 14
           RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Naked 06-02-02 17
               RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! SurvivorBlows 06-04-02 24
           RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! aymelek 06-03-02 21
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Kokoro 05-30-02 8
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! JeffGator 05-30-02 10
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! clemsonbeav 06-05-02 25
 Buff colors Bebo 05-30-02 11
 RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Survivor Freak 1987 05-30-02 12
 RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! GTmike 05-30-02 13
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! dabo 06-01-02 15
   RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Kamoosie 06-01-02 16
       RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! AZ_Leo 06-03-02 18
           RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! ShowMeTheWinner 06-03-02 19
               RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! AZ_Leo 06-03-02 20
       RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Kokoro 06-04-02 22
           RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo! Kamoosie 06-04-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-29-02, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
I for one think it's pretty cool. Much nicer than previous ones.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-29-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Pretty darn neat. Now I'm wondering if they are going to figure out a way to work the elephant into the story line. Past logos have no help as to what might happen in the game, so I would tend to doubt it. As far as I recall we saw very few giraffes or kangaroos in Africa and the Outback respectively. The Marquesas logo featured water prominently though and that was a big player from a spoiling and symbolism standpoint, so there may be something to it.

Since this IS the spoiling board - I just thought a little random speculation might be in order. Hopefully Shakes will go easy on me during the off-season.

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-29-02, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Mountain Symbolism"
If there were mountains, we might have something similar to the Boran on top of the rock formation from S3. (Sorry, I only spoke of it because I had too!) Perhaps, anytime someone is shown on or near rock formations, that denotes power...I think I'll keep my eye on it...

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Just a note..."
I don't believe those are mountains; I think they are buildings/temples, with spires on top.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Just a note..."
I agree with samiam. They look like Buddhist temples to me. Elephants are a very powerful symbol of luck & prosperity in Thai culture. They are venerated, although their habitat is just about wiped out so they are rarely seen in the wild. (Elephant info from an Animal Planet show.)

Swami

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Um... am I the only one that thinks this orange and purple thing is pretty horrible?

Argh...

-SB

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
I think it looks pretty plain, actually. It's not as detailed as past Survivor logos. Some neat features, don't get me wrong, but I have to wonder if this is a mock-up or simplified version of the actual logo.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-30-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
>Um... am I the only one
>that thinks this orange and
>purple thing is pretty horrible?

Does this mean that we're keeping the orange and green motif from S3 for another few months aroung here .

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

06-01-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
>Does this mean that we're keeping
>the orange and green motif
>from S3 for another few
>months aroung here .

Well, I'm sure as hell not going to turn the place into purple and orange -- not only would it look like the inside of Diane's Crayola crayon house, but that's even worse than the colors that SB.com had on it's very first day of existence (and the colors that I took so much grief about!)

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-02-02, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
All right Webby, you stumped me. I signed up on day 1, and I don't remember what the color scheme was. any chance of explaining?

06-04-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-02 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

>All right Webby, you stumped me.
>I signed up on day 1, and I don't remember
>what the color scheme was. any chance of explaining?

How about I just show you... here's a link to the last time the topic came up:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1917&forum=DCForumID6&archive=yes#30

It's hard to believe that in a couple of months it will have been two full years.

SB.com's initial home page:

http://www.survivorblows.com/index.s1.gervace.shtml

The news page from that same initial launch:

http://www.survivorblows.com/news.shtml

The removal of the orange a few days later when Colleen was booted: (and people had actually started to visit the site and complain -- AyaK was among the biggest critics

http://www.survivorblows.com/index.s1.colleen.shtml

Your first post: (I think)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=230&forum=DCForumID4&archive=yes

Sean's boot:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index.s1.sean.shtml

-SB

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-03-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
You had more grief about those colors than you did with the green checks...? I find that hard to believe, webby dahlink!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-30-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Well, I don't really think it looks too bad - but what ever happened to the traditional black?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Webby--Normally I would hate the orange and purple, but on such a small little cute logo I don't seem to mind

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-05-02, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Don't mess with Orange and Purple!!! GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Buff colors"
So...should we be expecting the tribes to have orange and purple buffs, since those colors are so prominent in the logo?

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-30-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
I think it looks realy pretty. My faveorite so far.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
I really like this logo. The only thing that bothers me is the top of the temple or the pointed triangle thing coming off of the elephant's back.

I think the buffs will be purple and orange. With the merge color being red. Or any combination of these three colors will be the color of the buffs.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
>The only thing that bothers
>me is the top of
>the temple or the pointed
>triangle thing coming off of
>the elephant's back.
>
I think that is supposed to be a tent on the elephant's back in which a rider would sit, there's nothing interfering with the sunset/sunrise below the elephant to indicate that it would be the top of a temple. So, as Ben Franklin might ponder, is it a rising or a setting sun? Will Survivor survive 5? Anyone know if there's been any word on that as yet?

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Kamoosie 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-01-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kamoosie Click to send private message to Kamoosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Since the logo has sparked the idea of the tribes buff colors, I decided to do a little research on the past logo colors and the tribes buffs. Hope it helps.

Survivor 1: The logo's most prominent colors are Green and Blue, with the typical black border around it.

S1: The two tribes colors were orange and yellow, and the merge color was green. No yellow and orange in the logo, but the merge color is a big color in the logo.

Survivor 2: The logo's most prominent colors are orange, brown,
and a dark red (maroon?). With the typical black black border.

S2: The two tribes colors were green and blue, and the merge color to me looks like orange. Again, the two tribes colors (green and blue) are not in the logo like the first season. But the merge color of orange is a prominent color in the logo.

Survivor 3: The logo's most prominent colors are green and orange, with yellow text (outlast, outplay etc.) and a red line around the typical black border. More colors than the first two logos.

S3: The two tribes colors were gold (yellow) and red, and the merge color was green. This time, the two tribe colors are in the logo, but are not the most prominent colors. The merge color of green is a prominent color in the logo, which was more prominent than the other color, orange.

Survivor 4: The logo's most prominent color is blue, followed by purple and green. And there is the typical black border.

S4: The two tribes colors were yellow and green. And the merge color was said to be pink, but when I first saw it, I thought it was purple. This time, the most prominent color, blue, is not a tribe color at all. Only one of the two tribe colors, green was in the logo, and the merge color of pink, I say purple, can be said was in th logo on matter of opinion.

So from this information: In the first two seasons, the two tribes colors were not in the logo, but the merge color was the most prominent color. In the third season, the merge color was the most prominent like in the first two. But this time, the two tribe colors were in the logo, unlike the first two logos. The fourth season is different from the others however. The most prominent color of blue, where the most prominent color in all the other logos has been the merge color, was not a tribe color period. The merge color is in the logo on matter of opinion (is it pink or purple?) and green is in the logo and was a tribe color, rotu, but maraamu' wasnt at all.

From the patterns, I would say that orange haS a good chance of being the merge color, it is more prominent than purple. Purple could be a tribe color, or might not play a role in the tribe colors but something else, like blue in the marquesas logo.

And while I was studying all of the logos, I noticed somethings about what was in them besides the colors.

The first seasons's logo has palm trees above the word survivor, and water underneath it. The trees and water just represented the enviroment.

The second season's logo has a kangaroo, a sun, and two trees above the word with what looks like mud underneath the word. No water this time, I think because even though there was water, it wasnt prominent. The logo focuses more on australia with the kangaroo.

The third season's logo has a giraffe and two trees above the word and grass underneath the word. There isnt a sun in this one like in Australia even though the sun played a huge part, strange. The grass and no water shows that water wasnt prominent in the show again. Giraffe does the same thing as the kangaroo.

And the fourth season's logo has an island with trees and an icecat above the word and water underneath the word. A lot of water in the logo represented a lot of water in the show. The island shows how it is going back to the islands and the icecat differs itself from the first survivor.

This logo has an elephant which seems like it will do what the giraffe and kangaroo did, and just represent thailand. There is a sun in this one like there was in australia. Does anyone know how the sun played in australia? To me, underneath the word looks like water. Look how it has ripples like in the fourth logo, and looks like it has a reflection of the sun in it. Does water AND the sun play a huge role in this season?

Wow, that was a lot of typing. But then again, school ened yesterday, so I have time. Hope all this helps!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
According to the CBS website S4 colors were Lime, Light Blue, and Magenta.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-03-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
What happened to Gold/Yellow? No wait... that's non-existent coz it's the knuckleheads tribe of Maraamu

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
They one called lime does look more like a lemon in the picture.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Hey, Kamoozie - I'd just like to say welcome to SB....it's always nice to see a newer member putting work into a post (especially your first).

I'm sure somebody would have said this sooner, or you would have more replies if we were in season. Unfortunately - until the fall this forum is pretty much dead. (But I do hope to see you back here then! And feel free to join us on any of the other forums ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Kamoosie 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-04-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kamoosie Click to send private message to Kamoosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The OFFICIAL Survivor 5 logo!"
Thanks for your kind words Kokoro! I will definately be here for Survivor Thailand. I cant wait to help out in the spoiling.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •