The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Since it's never too early to start getting ready for S5...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2170&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

These were some trends noted in the first three, and now we can add whether S4 continued in the trend or broke new ground.

- a male/female F2 - New ground with an all-chick F2 (and F3)
- the dominant gender on the jury = gender of the winner - New ground again, with men outnumbering women on the jury 4-3
- the person brought along to the F2 has won the vote - Continued the trend when Neleh brought Vee along
- the same person has won both F4 and F3 IC - New ground with Vee taking the first and Neleh taking the other
- F3 are from the same original tribe - New ground. The only time all three of these people were in the same tribe was post-merge.
- F3 has included 2 males and 1 female - Nope, chicks ruled.

Here were additions included in that thread:

from Silvergirl1: the winner of S1 was male, S2 was female and S3 was male again. Do we put all of our money on the winner of S4 being female - Yup, it continued boy-girl-boy-girl.

from JohnMc: Here is something to notice: the winner has always been white. Rich being gay is good for minorities, but the farthest a black person has gotten is F7. When will a black person win? - We just got our answer.

from bondt007: The one that has domminated the IC's POST merge has not won: Kelly (F2), Colby (F2) and now Lex (F3). - We didn't have anyone run the table on IC challenges this time. Vee won two of the last four. Kathy won a number of challenges, but I don't know if her performance could be considered dominant.

The original post was entitled "Coincidence...or precedence", and I think it's a good thing to remember that context. Still, it doesn't hurt to notice which trends were broken in S4, so that we don't mistakenly hold on to them in S5 spoiling efforts.

Rude snot fluent in Sarcastic...and those are my good points.

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws SurvivinDawg 05-20-02 1
   RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws canuckboy 05-21-02 7
       RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws SurvivinDawg 05-21-02 8
           RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws canuckboy 05-21-02 9
 RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws bondt007 05-20-02 2
 RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws JohnMc 05-20-02 3
 Just Weighing In Silvergirl1 05-20-02 4
   RE: Just Weighing In munson 05-20-02 5
       RE: Just Weighing In Mitrelleum 05-21-02 6
           RE: Just Weighing In dabo 05-22-02 10
 RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws drawde236 05-24-02 11
   RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws Squarepants party of one 05-28-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
In a discussion of these "laws" in some other thresd, I remarked that things in S-4 would change automatically because of the swap, which created situations where people were in both original tribes, etc.

I really think the rest of it is coincidence. First, Pappy might well have made the final 2 if he wasn't robbed of his chance and eliminated (not "voted out", but eliminated) by a colored rock. Hence the m/f final two might have held. It also might be two males or two females next time. Will the Survivor V winner be male? Chances are 50/50. Ethnicity-wise(m/f, Jewish/Christian, gay/straight, etc.) just about all the bases have been covered, so unless an Asian or Native American is a cast member (has such happened so far?) this could be anything or anyone.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

canuckboy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-21-02, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canuckboy Click to send private message to canuckboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
> First,
>Pappy might well have made
>the final 2 if he
>wasn't robbed of his chance
>and eliminated (not "voted out",
>but eliminated) by a colored
>rock.

Pappy wasn't robbed...He showed once again that he was idiot...
He knew that K & V were going to vote Neleh..He just had to say sorry honey but this is a game for a million after all and also voted Neleh off... And there wouldn't have been a tie breaker of any kind...

The person that deserved the purple rock got it.

Canuck Boy

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-02, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Totally disagree. He never should've been put in a position where he had to decide to vote Neleh off... he'd already voted and he GOT NO VOTES. He never should've had to put his hand in that bag in the first place, it should only have been between the persons that got votes: Neleh and Kathy.

I've already extensively covered this in the Bashers area, so I won't go further, but if you actually like what happened on the show, well... then it's easy to see why "canuck" is part of your name.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

canuckboy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-21-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canuckboy Click to send private message to canuckboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
>Totally disagree. He never should've
>been put in a position
>where he had to decide
>to vote Neleh off

He put himself in the position...He knew how the other two were going to vote...What did he expect to happen???

P.S. I enjoyed him being ousted would have like to have seen it earlier....That doesn't mean I liked what happened in the end...I didn't care for either Vee or Neleh...This Survivor was way too much like the Weakest Link...

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Thanks, Bebo...

I was thinking about this last night and was going to revisit it as well. Seems several "rules" were broken this time around. Kathy and Sean were the wild cards that most effected these rules. As far as my "law", I did see Kathy winning more of the RC's and IC's (total), however, she did not rule like Lex, Colby and Kelly. It still bears a watch to see who, POST merg, brings in the most total wins to the final 3... my guess is that that person will not win the game -

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-20-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Bebo - Thx 4 the nod. I think it's awesome that Sean and Vee got to 5th and 1st! Good job!!!

I did want to say something about challenges:

This time we had everyone in the final 7 winning at least 1 challenge. Here is the tally:

Kathy - 4
Paschal - 2
Sean - 2
Vee - 2
Tammy - 2
Neleh - 1
Robert - 1

By those terms, Kathy was the "dominant" challenge winner, and she did not win. She did take the Lex spot as the person who deserved to win but ended up 3rd.

In terms of challenges, EPM has managed to shuffle things around enough so that everyone has a chance to win, and so that no one is "dominant" and we don't get any more Kelly/Colby challenge runs. It makes the show that much more interesting to watch. (I couldn't believe how strong Neleh was in that last challenge. Go girl!!!)

Also, I do want to say this about race, and it's pretty much in line w/what Pappy said. Survivor is NOT about race. You can be a man or woman, gay or straight, white or black, and still win... or lose.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Just Weighing In"
Hey, Bebo, I was so surprised to see a quote from me over here in the Spoiler forum because I am admitted not a good spoiler.

I do think that the M/F/M/F winners may just be a coincidence, but it is nice to know that our sisters (all women, no matter what color) are equally represented in the winners circle.

Now, it's Munson's turn to weigh in.

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.
Gabriel Cade: The teddy bear hugger looks for a new commune where they don't play games.
Gina Crews: Happy trails to our nature guide as she and Hunter meet at the Lover's Lodge. Favorite buffet item: Watermelon
Rob Mariano: The Robfodder never caught a chicken and he ain't no friend of mine.
John Carroll: This isn't the crying game, dude. Take it like a man.
One hour of my life after watching the Recrap show!
Zoe Zanidakis: I hate to break it to you, Lobster Woman, but even Gabe had a better game plan.
Tammy Leitner: You should be proud of yourself, girlfriend. You have made it to the jury.
Robert DeCanio: Put down that voodoo doll, General, and give us all a limo ride.
Sean Rector: You can drive away happy in your new Saturn, Bro.
Paschal English: I'm glad you got some much needed medical care, your Honor.
Kathy O'Brien: I can't believe that you (literally) fell for the old "your showing yourself" routine.
Neleh Dennis: OMH, runner up isn't bad for one so young and devious.

Vecepia Towery: The ultimate Survivor Marquesas! If you hadn't won the million, we wouldn't even know you were there.

Quality posting since April 19, 2001

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-20-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Just Weighing In"
Now, it's Munson's turn to weigh in.

I was hoping not to but...

Keep in mind that when I made my original post following S3, I concluded that these trends were probably more coincidental than any sort of irrefutable laws of the Survivor universe.

As many have stated in response to the "Laws," the game has too many variables involved to assume any action or outcome based upon what has happened previously.

That said, come the F4 of S5, I'll probably stick with F3 IC winner losing the jury vote

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-02, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just Weighing In"
Just wanted to point out that women won all but one of the IC's, and that this is the first time that not only two people in the F2 were from different tribes, but they remained in different tribes after the switch.
Vee is comparable to Survivor UK's Charlotte.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-02, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Just Weighing In"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-02 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

And no one pulled a KellyW/Colby/KimJ to get to the final two this time (Thank God). And shame on me for not observing my own "Dabo's Law": Whoever gives the best presentation before the jury in the final TC, wins. Works every time, I should have taken it into account in S4.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Slackers Unite! Tomorrow.

Dawg briefly touched on this, and I realize this could be a stretch, but could all 4 winners be classified as minorities? So far we've had a gay male, a middle-aged female, a Jewish male, and a Black female. It looks like MB is an equal opportunity producer.

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-28-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Revisiting Munson's Laws"
Good point! Do you remember when Vee was all excited to be the first african american to win... I think it would be awesome if the winner of s5 could say "Hey rosey... I'm the first straight white gentile to win!" He'd probably get booed.
Straight White Guys never get no love!

Long live Sponge Bob

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •