The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ScorpioRising 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScorpioRising Click to send private message to ScorpioRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
All this week I have been absolutely amazed by the responses of the life coaches. Can’t the house members stand-up and say that they are tired of being abused? How much longer can this go on?

This week was very difficult for me. I didn’t understand how the incident with Jessica and Christine got so twisted and Christine ended up looking like the “bad girl.” I would have balled up and cried the night away as well. I didn’t understand why Rhonda behaved like a nut when Lisa failed to show at the sale sight. Lisa did call and leave a message on her cell phone. Yes Lisa is screwed-up, but did the incident call for all of that?

I am at a loss regarding IV’s reaction to Jill’s crisis. The woman doesn’t have health insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, how could IV know that if she just shoots from the hip with her comments before even discussing the circumstances leading up to this point with Jill.

First of all, I haven’t understood IV’s attitude towards Jill since day one. She was very rude to Jill since the beginning when she ‘told her story,” during which a photo was shown of her in a hospital bed after suffering a stroke (or some other catastrophic health crisis) following her surgery for fibroid tumors ten years ago. When Jill threw her head back upon the appearance of the photo on the big screen TV, IV said “what’s all the drama about?’ - Before Jill even had a chance to explain the photo. It was another house guest that said “it’s just the thought of seeing it again” in Jill’s defense. Why couldn’t IV understand that? Yet when Jessica stated crying about the World Trade Center while telling her story, she was entitled to respond to her life incident without judgment. Furthermore, Jill identified her “issue” as to how to deal with her mother who is now sleeping on her couch. Somehow during this same session, IV decided to change her issue to her weight and lifestyle. If anyone remembers, this is the same session when IV said “I know who you are,” “The game is over,” so on and so fourth.

Then Jill’s first assigned to host a mock radio show (in which I was very impressed with her skill/ability) where she was directed to air all of her dirty laundry. How humiliating is that? Followed by the baggage assignment – which personally, I still don’t get (but hey, I rarely “get’ many of the assignments). And carry the baggage she did - for days!!!!!
In an earlier post concerning Jill, someone said that it was safe to assume that the cast is medically cleared for the show. Well, we now know that that is not true. But let’s be honest, we all know that the show is going to do two things. Pay for and Jill’s medical care, since they failed to medically clear her and assigned inappropriate tasks for someone in her medical condition (hey, they paid for Josie’s prenatal/postnatal care and delivery). And, exploit her condition as a vehicle to highlight fibroid tumors, thus making the show look good. Better yet, maybe Starting Over can also use this as a vehicle to show what can happen to people who don’t have health insurance!

Jill is the most intelligent guest in the house and unlike many others in the cast had already accomplished some things in life. She is the product of many different life/social circumstances which unfortunately add up to a negative. I don’t have time to dissect what I’m referring to (another day when I have more time). I doubt if the Starting Over house is really the place for her. At this point, the limitations of the life coach’s are so glaringly obvious that I think they need to consider hiring licensed psychologists/psychiatrists for next season. IV is incredible with couples, bit she misses the mark with women (such as Jill) sometimes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... ichabod 11-04-05 1
   RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... Chrystal 11-04-05 3
 RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... Chrystal 11-04-05 2
 RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... im5xblest 11-04-05 4
 RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... flower2 11-04-05 5
   Feedback for Coaches krisdoneen 11-04-05 7
 RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... claire 11-04-05 6
   RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... deededell 11-05-05 8
       RE: Is it just me - or do the life ... flower2 11-05-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ichabod 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ichabod Click to send private message to ichabod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
Hi...It's not just you. The life coaches treat all the women like they're retarded. (no offense meant to people who are retarded ) They're patronizing and EVERYTHING has some weird symbolism. I wish Rana was back. She didn'ttreat them like children. She showed respect and she was what she was. No bizarre phrases like "Be a good day." What the hell does that mean?? I read that they brought Iyanla in because she already had a following. I'd watch this show more if Rana and someone like her were on it. These two are so dramatic and so affected.

Chrystal 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrystal Click to send private message to Chrystal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
Last season I had liked IV. This year, I'm beginning to detest her. She's being really vicious this season, and I've been fast-forwarding more and more of her scenes.

Chrystal 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrystal Click to send private message to Chrystal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 06:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

Yeah, I noticed the change IV made in Jill's issue too- and I don't understand what Jill's supposed to be working on either. I didn't like Jill, but since she found out about the tumor, I'm beginning to see Jill's side in it. Jill probably is confused about what IV's doing too. I'm sure you're right and the show will foot her medical bill-not because it's the right thing to do but to keep from getting sued by Jill. I'm no lawyer, but if I was Jill, after the show's over I'd look into suing at least IV. She may or may not have a case, since they do have to sign releases and so forth, but on the other hand, there could be loopholes. At first I thought Jill was lazy, but not now-Jill is in the right, and IV has been really cruel.

im5xblest 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail im5xblest Click to send private message to im5xblest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
i thought rhonda was being stern to the point of unprofessional w/ lisa. she probably thinks lisa needs it, but won't it just flip lisa back into child-mode to be spoken to like that?

5x

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
I think the LCs are trying to make things more contraversial this season, compared to last. In my area, they recently changed stations and are now being aired in a more popular time slot. In order to stay, they need to shake things up a little and keep people watching. Unfortunately, I believe they are sacrificing their integrity. Both are just plain abusive. I have never seen them as insensitive as they appear to be this time around.

Perhaps they were advised to be more "in your face." It may be working for ratings but from the messages I've read, not many people are impressed.

krisdoneen 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krisdoneen Click to send private message to krisdoneen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Feedback for Coaches"
I completely agree. Is there somewhere that we can write this into the coaches? They are abusive, and it's disturbing to watch. Does anyone know where we can send this to them?

claire 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-04-05, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail claire Click to send private message to claire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
Its just sooo much drama for the sake of "good tv". I do not understand why these women let the show and life coaches reduce them to tears and absolute fear. What is wrong with them? They act like children. The worse that can happen is that they get kicked out of the house. So what? They leave the same way they came, they still have their birthday and the sun will still come up tomorrow.Why would any adult let another adult put the fear of God in them? I dont get it!

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-05, 05:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "

I used to say this in jest, but now I really mean it "Where is the integrity of the LC's"

Does not Rhonda give the meaning of "verbal abuse" all of the time? Of course I would have lost my "little cajun mind" on Lisa a long time ago, but I am not the professional. Of course I would have pulled a Toral from the apprentice about those "baby clothes" and claimed for religous, personal, and marital convictions I will not wear those clothes.

If Iyanla is going to treat Jill this way for this whole entire ordeal and Allison is going to pout in confessional because someone else is sicker than Jill better hop a plane. With her booming personality I bet she has got friends back home that would "love her to health". However, I do not negate the fact of having no insurance. I just want the best for her.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it just me - or do the life coaches need life coaches. "
You are a riot about "pulling a Toral from the apprentice." LOL

Allison is in real trouble this season. Especially since she can't even sympathize with someone else's pain because they may have replaced her as being the sickest in the house.

No Allison. I think you still win that one hands down. Just not in the physical manner in which you think!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •