The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The ULTIMATE Gufu"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-02, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The ULTIMATE Gufu"
We thought Jeff Varner jumping off the pole for want of peanut butter was bad.

We thought the Rotu 4's (coco)nut-busting strategy was not wise.

And Hardy keeping Will and waxing Bunky in BB2 was a short-circuit for all time...

No. None of these can compare. Nothing in reality TV to this date can compare.

Congradulations, Marcellas! You have accomplished something I did not think possible: You have committed THE ULTIMATE Gufu!

To have the power to take yourself off the block and not do so, then minutes later you are GONE. Wow. I just don't know what else to say... except that you deserve everything you got and are about to get.

What is the opposite of mercy? Justice. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu Drive My Car 09-13-02 1
 Agree AyaK 09-13-02 2
   RE: Agree SurvivorBlows 09-13-02 3
 But would he have won? CSHS79 09-13-02 4
 Agree 100% Cin 09-13-02 5
   RE: Agree 100% managerr 09-13-02 6
       RE: Agree 100% Cin 09-13-02 7
 I agree too Bucky Katt 09-13-02 8
   RE: I agree too SurvivinDawg 09-13-02 9
       RE: I agree too Bucky Katt 09-13-02 11
           RE: I agree too Survivorerist 09-13-02 12
           Nope AyaK 09-13-02 16
               RE: Nope true 09-13-02 17
               RE: Nope Drive My Car 09-14-02 18
               RE: Nope LadyT 09-14-02 20
               ROFLMAO MakeItStop 09-16-02 23
           RE: I agree too dabo 09-14-02 19
 RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu true 09-13-02 10
   RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu ivoryElephant 09-13-02 13
       RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu LadyT 09-13-02 15
 RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu zzz 09-13-02 14
   Not so sure what about sean mindella27 09-15-02 21
       RE: Not so sure what about sean SurvivinDawg 09-15-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu"

and he didn't even pack!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Agree"
Yep, I agree, Dawg -- this was the biggest blunder ever in a reality TV game (so far).

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Agree"
I sense a Blowie Award coming Marcellas' way next spring...

-SB

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "But would he have won?"
He was probably gambling on the fact Amy was put up so many times she'd be the one axed.Plus since he took the high road, he could parlay it into more money on the outside.WRONG,WRONG,WRONG,
unless of course he plans on changing professions to standup comedy since people will be laughing at him for a L O N G T I M E
to come.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agree 100%"
WTF was he thinking????? I bet he's wishin he'd have kept Roddy now...... all I can say is Karma is a B*t*h, he screwed Roddy over (although I'm not complaining) and his "friends" screwed him over....

Now it's Dani's turn for payback!

Cin

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-13-02, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Agree 100%"
His "friends" only screwed him over because he told Roddy about Danielle's plans--thus a betrayal of trust. While I certainly don't like Marcellus or Dani, I can understand why Dani would want to wax him. You play both sides, you get burned. (By someone else also playing two sides)

In any case, after Marcellus wins his Blowie, we should call it the "Golden Blowie" in honor of him.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Agree 100%"
Oh I understand the whole "betrayl of trust" issue. I just think it's kinda funny that he gets evicted for something he was so ready to beat other people up over. That is why I want to see Dani get hers too.

Cin

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I agree too"
It is the worst Gufu ever. He had no idea it was coming, neither did Amy it seemed. I guess that just goes to show you how well either of them have been playing the game.

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!
(Has no idea what 'Gufu' means but chooses to use the word anyway)

09-13-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I agree too"
Bucky Katt,

If you go into the Survivor areas, particularly the Bashers area, you'll see that dabo has a "GUFU" award for screw-ups.

That's where the phrase comes from.

And a note to everyone: Obviously we could deeply analyze just where things went wrong and what Marcellas should have done at what time... but let's just KISS (keep it simple, stupid) this one: Marcellas had the opportunity to make himself safe by removing himself as a nominee. Whether he thought he could win a vote over Amy isn't the issue, whether he felt totally safe isn't the issue. He could have BEEN totally safe, and he didn't take that step. I'm biting my tongue not to ask "How much did they pay him to do that?" (NO, I don't really think there is a conspiracy here, just some DUMB actions).

And he can justify it, rationalize it, take the high road for the future, or play it up any way he wants to, but he DID want to win, he was STUNNED to have lost, and he is going to lose a lot of sleep over the coming weeks and months realizing he (literally) put a half-million dollars back into a wooden box along with a small blue-ribbon necklace.

What is the opposite of mercy? Justice. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I agree too"
If you go into the Survivor areas, particularly the Bashers area, you'll see that dabo has a "GUFU" award for screw-ups.

Thanks Dawg - but I saw it there too and thought it was acronym for something I couldn't figure out. My best guess was God Ugly F*** Up.

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-13-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I agree too"
>>>My best guess was God Ugly F*** Up.<<<

That works too, Bucky

(Another IceCat original )

"Aaron and Arianne are fluent in both body language and the international language of love"
- Team Bio on CBS' TAR 3 Page

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Nope"
"GUFU" was a total joke that popped up during BlowsVivor, in this voting thread, which was started during the week of the recap episode (no vote required). The best explanation of it is there -- which is that it's "fugu" (the poisonous Japanese blowfish) with the syllables accidentally reversed. Since then, it has come to mean any humorous error.

P.S. That thread also contains MakeItStop's introduction to the sometimes-scary world of SB posting!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Nope"
Hahahaha! I waited for that thresd to load, and it was very amusing reading. Poor MIS. Now I remember why I avoided that forum!

The best part was at the end, when Buggy tried to turn it into a FOOD thresd! ROTFL! She hasn't changed a bit.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, AK.

-true

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-02, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Nope"

I knew all about the GuFu thresd, but reading it again after such a long time was great fun. What a gift AyaK ! ( you have your longer old name then, looks odd now) I had no idea so much SB history was there. ( Oh my didn't we look young?)

Make It Stop's first post was indeed here, on the famous Gufu thresd. ( And may I say MIS, good timing! You may have had a rocky intro to this place, but your first post was on a thresd that is SB legend!! Glad to see you still here, and happy belated anniversary)

Cornertimes were new, everyone wondered what would happen when the thresd hit 100! *hehehehe*
I could go on and on about all the Great SB history, but this isn't the forum for it.

Thanks AK, can't help but wonder if you are leaving us these little gifts for a reason. *smile*

Buggy - feeling a little nostalgic

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Nope"
I love that thread, even though I wasn't there. Those were the days I was sans computer. *sigh* Memories...

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-16-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "ROFLMAO"
OH.MY.GOD that was funny. Although I remember my start at SB, I had forgotten some of the posts. The spoilers trying to spoil, GT the skeptic, DK teaching me to swear, Martha Stewart (ha!) ... aww the memories!

“She’s a beauty queen gone bad!” -- Marcellus about Amy.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-02, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I agree too"
I agree, Marcellus definitely earns a space in Gufu history for that dangdumb move! Gee whiz, why leave yourself on the chopping block if you can get out of it? Dumb dumb dumb.

>I couldn't figure out.
>My best guess was God
>Ugly F*** Up.

The short history of Gufu: The word originated as a typo of sorts (actually, I misremembered the Japanese word for blowfish, which is "fugu" as everyone knows). It then became an all-purpose nonsense word with no particular meaning. Later on I instituted the Gufu Award for Survivor, which goes to the dangdumbest game play of each season.

And, for the record, if anyone wants to establish a Gufu Award for BB or any other game, I have no problem with that.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu"
BIGGEST. IDIOT. EVER. no offense cowboy

-true

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-13-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu"
I just wanted to join in on the Marcellus bashing.
I was in shock. It was quite the twist.

Silas, Clarence, Brandon, Hardy, Nicole, Mike Boogie, 6 pac alliance can all breathe a sigh of relief.

They have found their leader.

"you can never escape, you can only move north up the coast"
-congratulations to Clay Jordan, the winner of survivor Thailand-

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu"
But he will be the best looking one out of all of them. Freakin Idiot.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The ULTIMATE Gufu"
I don't really have much to add--but I do agree 100%. I still cannot believe Marci was that stupid. And on top of it--he is so self-righteous and egotistical that he could not admit to Julie that he wished he had used the GPOV.

Did he totally lose his mind? What the f*ck was he thinking? I certainly don't believe he was not in there for the money but I do believe that he thinks he is incredible. He is also VERY VERY self deluded. Julie should have used somethink a little more solid than her note cards to smack him upside the head. Someone needs to knock some sense into him.

mindella27 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-15-02, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindella27 Click to send private message to mindella27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Not so sure what about sean"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-02 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

I thought Sean from survivor 4 was the worst for a long time when he got oral diarhia and Kathy had to wax him causing her own demise.

Marci deserved to go for being a pompous ass!!

Finally what about Nicole from BB@ she also kept Will around knowing he lied through his teeth.

09-15-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Not so sure what about sean"
Do you mean Nicole keeping Will at the very end? She took the better chance for herself to win.

If you mean earlier, then you should blame Hardy, not Nicole, who could have waxed Will, but instead waxed Bunky.

Oderwise, I'm just not seeing where you're hitting Nicole. I didn't think she made such a gufu.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •