The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pappy passes immunity?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pappy passes immunity?"
I posted this in my IC and Who goes polls and have brought the idea to some regular non-spoiler board people who thought it was plausible, so I'm gearing myself up to be flamed.

The title of the Episode is "A Tale of Two Cities" and we are probably looking at the story challenge about the two rival tribes and Kathy's choice, but would this have been enough information for the writers to come up with that title. "A Tale of Two Cities" by nature is thought of as a story of sacrafice. That's the first thing I think of, so why use this title if sacrafice is not involved.

The switching immunity over hasn't been seen yet (and may never be). I agree you'd have to be a moron to do it unless you have something to gain (or something you don't wish to lose). We've been bombarded with "get rid of Neleh" for 2 full episodes now. That story has to go somewhere and what better a place than the opportunity for sacrafice.

In classic MB misdirection, we see Pappy falling during a challenge. Timeless times that this has happened, that person wins. In posts from ages ago, people strongly supported the story-telling challenge to favor Pappy.

We see Kathy going to tribal council w/o backpack.

Snewswer gives us the bootee.

We are left with no surprises on a very pivotal episode? Possibly. But to fit the title and the editing of the story, I think Pappy winning Immunity and trading it to Kathy for her vote is a very likely scenario. For things to get ugly, there must be some question as to who Kathy is going to vote with.

It has been speculated in the past that Pappy wins IC and gives it to Neleh to save her, but this would leave his head out on the chopper. So why not Pappy winning Immunity and passing it on to Kathy for her vote. We've seen how paranoid Kathy can get and it wouldn't surprise me that she'd fear being tagteamed by the 2 smaller factions.

Kathy has even stated she needs to break up Pappy and Neleh so we know that its been considered. A gift of Immunity can very well be the sacrafice that keeps Neleh in the game.

I started a new thread because I think the walk to tribal council pics were taken as a guaranteed "Kathy wins IC" and other avenues were not looked at. Since they know they can transfer Immunity, I don't see why they wouldn't do it before they left for TC, which would put Sean in an uproar, because he'd know his goose is cooked and his only defense is to hoot and holler "Foul"...

I'm more in favor of a Kathy win, but wanted some feedback on this idea from the legends..

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pappy passes immunity? zzz 05-16-02 1
   RE: Pappy passes immunity? cowboyroo 05-16-02 2
 RE: Pappy passes immunity? PagongRatEater 05-16-02 3
   Devil's advocate JohnMc 05-16-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pappy passes immunity?"
Well--I am far from a legend, but I will give you my thoughts anyway. I doubt this happens. First, it would not really be a sacrifice to pass IN in order to get a benefit. That is not a sacrifice; that is good strategy. Only if you give the IN and then get voted off because of it is it a sacrifice.

I also doubt if Paschal did pass the IN to Kathy it would be done early. It might be promised early, but every week Jeffy asked the person if they want to pass the IN. The suggestion is that you should go to TC with IN and only when Jeffy asked about transferring it is it appropriate to transfer.

Finally, I think we have already been given a lot of theories to explain the title (no claim to being the first to think of these). 1--the two alliances that Kathy much choose between; 2--the IC including a story of warring tribes/cities; 3--Sean having the best of time (winning car) and the worst of times (the boot).

I am not stating that I think it is impossible for Paschal to have given Kathy the IN as you suggest. However, it just does not add up for me.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pappy passes immunity?"
Thanks zzz....

I missed the posts about "Best of times, worst of times" with Sean RC win and boot.

You've sold me....

Case closed.

Thanks, I needed that.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pappy passes immunity?"
Those are definitely some good thought and I really don't think that we have enough information on the IC to argue very persuasively for or agsinst either scenario. The only real hint that I've seen on a Kathy win is the "no backpack" pics. These could very well be wrong. We may not be seeing the backback. So you have to ask, would Pappy do this to gain Kathy's vote? While I think that is possible, we really haven't seen a very big game-playing side to Pappy, so if it does happen it is because paranoid Kathy tells him that it is the cost of her support. Which I could see happening.

Personally, I think you are reading too much into the title of the episode to come up with this theory. I think that the only meaning is the very simple one of two different camps in the same drive. I don't think that the Dickensian comparison is any deeper than that. Of course, I seriously doubted that the Jury is "Out" was a reference to John, so I could be wrong here.

I think that Kathy's natural inclination is going to be to vote with P/N. I think that she is probably the strongest competitor in the game and I think that she feels like she needs this IC. On that basis I am going to use Occam's Razor to determine that the simplest solution is the correct one.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Devil's advocate"
So let's say that Paschal does pass immunity. Then what does he gain by doing so?

In a way, he's pulled a Rich when he dropped out and made Kelly pick him over Rudy. Kathy would have to vote against Sean or Vee or be seen as a traitor to the 4 members already on the jury, which means loses those 4 votes. (Already, game over.) She also loses both Paschal and Neleh's vote, because one gets voted out and the other is voted off next since keeping Kathy is a given that she will lose against anyone at this point for being the Kelly. All this to say that if Kathy is given immunity by either Paschal or Neleh, she has to vote as a block with them.

I'm not saying that immunity will be passed, but it is a VERY powerful strategy to possess.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •