The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Current Message

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-09-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Usually I don't even bother to post about this show and only watch it on ocassion but last night really irked me. First off, both families were so incredibly inconsiderate and disrespectful concerning each other's beliefs or non-beliefs.

It was extremely rude for the father to throw the Bible down on the floor. He prides himself on being open-minded yet is not allowing his children the chance to decide for themselves through his displays. On the otherhand I don't think the mother should have focused mainly on "saving" the family. Introducing church as a way to see what her life is like is fine, but pushing religion onto them is not. I find that casually discussing ones beliefs and lifestyle is far more effective then shoveling it on them. I do agree with Big Momma's assesment that mom needed to cut down on work and have more quality time rather than just plain time with the children and also make a sacrifice to buy their child something he would like rather than what they always want. I don't feel the children were deprived like the new mom kind of made it appear.

For the atheist mom to take away all Christian items in the house and prayer was too much. I don't think taking away something important is necessary or effective in the point one is trying to make. I do agree that making the "men" of the house do all the chores while the "woman" got to do whatever was an excellent way for them to see the error of their ways. And I do applaud the new mom for allowing the oldest daughter to spend time with her friends without the constant supervision of her parents. After all the girl is 17 and is nearing her end of highschool, did they expect her to be married right after or stay locked up in the house until then? Allowing some trust, as long as it's earned, is doing the right thing. I also thought the 17 year old kind of talked in a babyish tone and I can see why.

I hope that both families truly gained from the experience as far as what they can do to better their family but more so I hope that they learned the lesson of being respectful towards others.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist   nazpink     01-09-07       
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   kim101770     01-09-07     1  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   nazpink     01-09-07     2  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   AshLanie     01-09-07     3  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   SteveCaddel     01-13-07     6  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   jessiluv06     07-24-07     23  
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   Jenoc99     01-10-07     4  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   SteveCaddel     01-13-07     7  
         Response from a heavily modified ch...   jraschko     06-26-07     15  
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   SteveCaddel     01-13-07     5  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   AshLanie     01-13-07     8  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   SteveCaddel     01-13-07     9  
             RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   AshLanie     01-13-07     11  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   nazpink     01-13-07     10  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   Jadens Mommy     01-17-07     12  
             RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   AshLanie     01-18-07     14  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   Jadens Mommy     01-17-07     13  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   mistyrose52     06-26-07     16  
             RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   tomatohead     06-26-07     17  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   tomatohead     06-26-07     18  
         RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   mistyrose52     06-29-07     19  
         WARNING - tomatohead and mistyrose5...   Bebo     06-29-07     20  
             RE: WARNING - tomatohead and mistyr...   mistyrose52     06-29-07     21  
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   jessiluv06     07-24-07     22  
     RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis...   Nobodyelse     06-05-10     24  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •