The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

I read on another board that on Rosie's show today that Robert was asked "Who did you think was the most competition for you"
To which Robert replied "Well, it was great seeing, you know, Hunter get voted out. You know, really early, you walk in and it's like whew!"

Rosie says to audience "You remember Hunter... very tall, very handsome. I was shocked that he was voted out"

Robert: "That really shocked us too.. Uh... also Gabe... everybody was... Tammy, John, everybody just... Paschal.. every... ah it's amazing how great those people are. They're very energetic, you know, very determined people."

I am at work and cannot confirm this for myself. Did anyone else see this and if so, is that your interpretation of his answer too?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... smiles 05-14-02 1
   RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... MatineeIdol 05-14-02 2
 RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... FesterFan1 05-14-02 3
   RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... MatineeIdol 05-14-02 4
       RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... buckeyegirl 05-14-02 5
 RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... steppingrazor42 05-14-02 6
 Just watched it... Canada Girl 05-14-02 7
 RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... BaquaR13 05-14-02 8
   RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he... buckeyegirl 05-14-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
No, I didn't see the interview, but are you suggesting that his comments point to a Paschal boot?

05-14-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
I thought that the comment might be interpreted two diffferent ways:

1. that pappy was indeed booted

or

2. That pappy was one of his biggest competitors

I was wondering if anyone else saw it and can say for sure how it was intended...

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

I didn't hear it, but it sounds to me like he didn't give anything away here. Based on these quotes:

Rosie: "Who did you think was the most competition for you"

Robert: "Well, it was great seeing, you know, Hunter get voted out. You know, really early, you walk in and it's like whew!"

Rosie (to audience): "You remember Hunter... very tall, very handsome. I was shocked that he was voted out"

Robert: "That really shocked us too <Hunter being voted out, that is. END OF THOUGHT>.. <Continuing to answer original question about competition> Uh... also Gabe... everybody was <competition>... Tammy, John, everybody just... Paschal.. every... ah it's amazing how great those people are. They're very energetic, you know, very determined people."

To me, he's saying Hunter, Gabe, Tammy, John, Paschal, and EVERYBODY were his biggest competition. Just a cop-out answer to a loaded question, that's all.

The biggest give-away that he's not talking about Gabe, Tammy, John and Paschal being booted is the inclusion of Gabe. He VOTED for Gabe, so it wouldn't have been a shock, now would it? Also, by the time Tammy went, it wasn't a shocker either. Really, only Hunter (whose boot he had no idea about) and John could be considered "shockers".

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

05-14-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
thanks for your interpretation. Unless someone else who saw it really has something huge to offer to this then I will chalk it up to your explanation.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
I agree with the other explanations..but did anyone else notice how he slid in how great Kathy was as well? Does anyone remember when he said it? My first impression was that he said it at the beginning of a new topic, and didn't want to disinclude her name. Am I way off here?

(
"We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is." Eeyore

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-14-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

I saw it also....she was asking him who was the toughest competition..he started talking about how Hunter was in that catagory and how he was psyched when saw Hunter was axed, then in the same breath went on naming more people who were tough competition...that's where Gabe, Pappy, Tammy etc..... came in. I also noticed how he mentioned Kathy and then looked down at the ground...and Rosie just seemed to say a spiritless "Yeah" and moved on..kind of weird.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-02, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Just watched it..."
I just saw the Rosie interview and Rob was definetly talking about who his competition was, but really it was more of him giving props to others.

The most interesting thing for me was the complete lack of ANY mention of Neleh! When talking about people he liked, she wasn't mentioned, or as competition. Is he pissed that she made it far on sweetness alone?

Hmmmm

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
I think it was DEFINETLY weird that he included Paschal in those group of people. Also, the way he slightly stumbled on the end of his name. Maybe a red herring though, always remember that.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Robert on Rosie's show: did he say Pappy voted out?"
Thanks for letting me know where the conversation was-I didn't tape it, and my memory wasn't at it's best today. Paschal might have been included in the competition because of how he and Neleh switched sides and voted off the Rotu 4. I also thought it was weird that he stumbled over his name and didn't mention Neleh's name.(Maybe he just gave Paschal all the credit for switching sides.)Another name that I don't think that was mentioned at all was Vee. BaquaR13's probably right, and this is all just misdirection!

"We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is." Eeyore

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •